Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable (21830 Views)

Ballon D’or 2022: Close Votes, Benzema Has Won It – Thierry Henry Reveals / FIFA Award: The Confusion Of Messi's Critics / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by damilola4162(m): 11:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Robert Lewandowski, who plays forward for Bundesliga giant, Bayern Munich, has taken a fresh swipe at Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi, Newspremises reports.

Lewandowski was named 2021 FIFA Best Men’s Player last month, beating second-placed Messi to the prize.

Two months earlier, Messi edged out the Pole to take home his record-breaking seventh Ballon d’Or title.

The Ballon d’Or final votes had led to some criticisms, with observers claiming that Lewandowski had been robbed.

Lewandowski has now moved to stoke the flames between the two players, by claiming that FIFA’s Best Men’s Player award is more important than the Ballon d’Or.

“I have been thinking lately and I have come to the conclusion that the FIFA award is more important.

“Only journalists vote for the Ballon d’Or, there is no clear verification.

“Instead, professional football and the press vote for the FIFA award.

“Perhaps in the prestigious ranking, the Ballon d’Or is better positioned, but the recognition I received by winning The Best makes me proud because I know how hard I worked for many years,” he told a Polish magazine, as per Marca.

https://newspremises.com.ng/fifa-award-more-important-ballon-dor-votes-not-verifiable-lewandowski-takes-dig-at-messi/

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by TheKingsmann(m): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2022
Lewan is still pained, but dey did him bad
Like dis post of u think Messi deserves it, share if u think lewan deserves it

292 Likes 394 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by silverlinen(m): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2022
Correct man..we all know say that dwarf na France football pampered boy
Keep winning jor..

PEACE

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by thesicilian: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
TheKingsmann:
Everyone knows Lewandowski deserves both the FIFA and Ballon D'Or awards.

274 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by paulolee(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
comrade calm down..
if the best is more prestigious, u wont be telling us jus like how leo is silent wen he lost the best award by got d bigger ballon d or award..
we all know the balloon is more prestigious than others, I know of a player dt even said all his is playing for is to win more ballon d or than messi, but now wey him see say his dream is impossible, he came de blast d organizers...that's life for you...
I no call any player name oo

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by paulolee(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
silverlinen:
Correct man..we all know say that dwarf na France football pampered boy
Keep winning jor..

PEACE
no tell me say dt messi ballon win still de pain u bcox a strong worldcup performance can give him another balloon..
its a worldcup year n the likes of lewa n cr7 never even qualify yet..
so I would advise you to get over that 7th win very fast bcox more wins is coming for leo n its more pains n wailing for haters o

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by paulolee(m): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
TheKingsmann:
thats life....e should move on, after all so many greats like pirlo, xavi, iniesta, eto n even zlatan didn't win one but still had a beautiful career n left like legends .

26 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by OJEEMAH(m): 12:42pm On Feb 05, 2022
Wow!!

Still wailing after 3months??

This niqqa na real cry baby.

He wouldn't have uttered this crap if he had won Balon D'or.

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by ThierryJay: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
damilola4162:

Lewandowski has now moved to stoke the flames between the two players, by claiming that FIFA’s Best Men’s Player award is more important than the Ballon d’Or.

“I have been thinking lately and I have come to the conclusion that the FIFA award is more important.

Perhaps in the prestigious ranking, the Ballon d’Or is better positioned, but the recognition I received by winning The Best makes me proud because I know how hard I worked for

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

That's his own personal way of consoling himself cos if he truly considered Fifa best as better than Ballon dor, he wouldnt still be crying several months after.

The fact, which he himself has mentioned in his above quote in bold, is that Ballon dor is more prestigious and valuable in the football world now. All the other wailings including his are irrelevant. EOD.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by MJBOLT: 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
the pain is strong in this one

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by paulolee(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
ThierryJay:

That's his own personal way of consoling himself cos if he truly considered Fifa best as better than Ballon dor, he wouldnt still be crying several months after.

The fact, which he himself has mentioned in his above quote in bold, is that Ballon dor is more prestigious and valuable in the football world now. All the other wailings including his are irrelevant. EOD.

simple...all players are dieing to win dt ballon d or, even one big player with all his achievements said he would like to win this ballon more than messi before he retired..
messi kept on winning and the player kum de attack ballon d or organizers asif dm supposed dey gv am him own award for scoring goals without trophies won, most of the goals na tapins n penalties o...

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by OJEEMAH(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
paulolee:

simple...all players are dieing to win dt ballon d or
me and you know say, Lewandoski go trade him 2 FIFA Best for just 1 Balon D'or.

Make Ronaldo fanboys dey deceive on twitter, when Salah or Mbappe win Balon D'or, him eye go clear.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Winningbot: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2022
We all know that midget scammed you of the award angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Rastaramsey(m): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
Story grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Panda7(m): 2:31am On Feb 06, 2022
being among the best is honourable and being the best is a noble, awards are confirmations and pride.

4 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by nurez305(m): 4:39am On Feb 06, 2022
This one still dey cry over balloon d or grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by emmabest2000(m): 4:39am On Feb 06, 2022
Winningbot:
We all know that midget scammed you of the award angry

Abi oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Triangles1(m): 4:39am On Feb 06, 2022
Politics is everywhere is not how you play but achievement and numbers of fans you have if you doubt me ask the two goats.

2 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Slaysor: 4:43am On Feb 06, 2022
M
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Talk2david1(m): 4:44am On Feb 06, 2022
Just watch as Messi fans will begin their attack on him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by eldervine: 4:44am On Feb 06, 2022
Still baffles how that short engine was able to win the ballon d'or. But the thing pain lewandoski die.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by zeusdgrt(m): 4:45am On Feb 06, 2022
Messi winning the ballon d or was the biggest scam in the history of football,let us be truthful without sentiment cz even Messi knows this and the world football governing body are all set of clowns corrupt individuals

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by cktheluckyman: 4:47am On Feb 06, 2022
OJEEMAH:
me and you know say, Lewandoski go trade him 2 FIFA Best for just 1 Balon D'or.

Make Ronaldo fanboys dey deceive on twitter, when Salah or Mbappe win Balon D'or, him eye go clear.
Oga FIFA is the world football governing body and not a group of French journalists.The Ballon dor came to become so valued because FIFA partnered with them.

In the coming years the Ballon dor will lose its value since FIFA has pulled out.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Oluwapresley(m): 4:47am On Feb 06, 2022
This guy don take this thing P o.

Players wey no come win anyone nko? Abi Okoye no be player?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by posty56: 4:53am On Feb 06, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Wow!!

Still wailing after 3months??

This niqqa na real cry baby.

He wouldn't have uttered this crap if he had won Balon D'or.

Asin eh, in own Don worst pass Ronaldo, I like him , but it seems he has bad personality

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by wealthgoddess: 4:54am On Feb 06, 2022
This Nairaland and their Ronaldo fan mods seff
How many people noticed that there was no single front page post about Ronaldo missing a penalty yesterday?
I can Imagine the scenes here at Nairaland stadium if the tables were turned
You will be seeing FrontPage topics like
"Messi marks birthday with a penalty miss"
What do I expect anyway?
outdated forum with their outdated mods.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by RichDad1(m): 4:54am On Feb 06, 2022
Of course.
Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by Slaysor: 4:55am On Feb 06, 2022
Lewandowski is still pained,he doesn't deserve the FIFA best sef,they used that one to console him. Messi deserved the award.
He still has this year to go for the balloon dor,let I'm leave all this unnecessary talks and focus before mbappe and Salah collect am from him hand,that time im go say golden boot is more prestigious than balloon dor and FIFA best,,na wetin some people goat talk when Messi dey dwarf am for balloon dor grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by assholemods: 4:56am On Feb 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Everyone knows Lewandowski deserves both the FIFA and Ballon D'Or awards.
Ogbeni talk for yourself. What is everyone?

15 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:02am On Feb 06, 2022
Nothing but the Truth.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by hassinho707(m): 5:04am On Feb 06, 2022
Of course FIFA is the world football governing body, so theirs has to be the most important.

While Ballon D'or can be scrapped at any time, FIFA will always remain FIFA

3 Likes

Re: Lewandowskii: FIFA Award More Important, Ballon D’or Votes Not Verifiable by boolet: 5:05am On Feb 06, 2022
I agree abeg.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Week 39 Red Coupon Xx22xx / Oshoala Scores Another Hat-trick As Barcelona Beats Logrono 0-6. / Silvio Berlusconi Sells Ac Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.