Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State (15397 Views)

Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State / PHOTOS: Ambode Inspects And Commissions Some Roads In Lagos / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nadoson: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
Bleep U: I love ABA so much!... The only thing bad about aba is the road.. Thank God for the reconstruction

my broda, can a spoon of salt hav effect in a RIVER or OCEAN?
y cant forfited(damaged) roads take part on d constrtn?,
y mst it b doz roads dat are parchable?
What hapund 2 Ngwa road, port harcourt road, Ariara, Ikot ekpen, aba owerri road, Osisioma road along umuahia xpress road, Ogbor hill, Ohanku road oooohhhmm!!!! Many 2 mention. We need pure conston not parching/Amendment.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wie in aba was that pic taken? Cox i knw of so major roads lik osusu rd omuma rd,cementry road,and many more roads that are yet untouched by ur so called T.A Orji
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by razznaija(f): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why is it that any road that is constructed in Nigeria is always an eyesore? why can't we make better roads that look AT LEAST like this:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3D5Jn6Qv8rN64vz6UF4-adtHZa3o7ONw7XU_h4wrlI9jqQQhLA[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
I pray the curse of Abians never come upon the OP.You better stop this nonsense before the curse to that man extend to you.Nonsense and bull.sh.it
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by kalunomics(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
OgeJesus: Some of us here who are non Abians dont understand the level at which Abia rebuilding and laying solid foundations for subsequent governments to build on. We Abians are happy and we are not complaining because we can see what is going on in the state ourselves. Not someone in Lagos or UK trying to tell us what is happening in our area.
last time i checked, most roads are being patched up with cement and gravel mixture
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Vogue50: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Thank GOD for his wisdom through The Information Minister , Labaran maku for initiating the " Good Governance tour" ! The Awareness created during the just concluded south-east Tour was worthwhile and commendable. Abia was a total flop and no single project site was visited in Aba. So , who is deceiving who?
These pictures are annoying and irritating ! The governor , T.A orji should be probed for his incompetence and fraudulent activities. He should learn governance from his colleagues like Akpabio , Amaechi , Rochas , Sullivan and more especially from Elechi (Ebonyi state)who receives lesser allocation and makes tremendous achievements in areas of infrastructure , Health and Education in his state.
I'm fed up with all these exhibition of falsehood on this platform. The governor could have taken the Good Governance Team that came to Abia to Aba if he had projects going on there but he didn't !
Abians should direct their ire at the former governor , Orji Kalu who imposed this inept creature on Abians. FOOLS !!!!!
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by livethinme: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Any finished work to showcase?....so we see the standard of work done. The 2nd to last pic; is it the 'finished' product?

They should do 'quality/world class' work on Aba roads; and this includes- underground drainage, sidewalks, street lights, traffic lights, road markings, road signage, planting of trees/shrubs for improved ambience, daily sweeping of dust/dirt gathering on the sides and weekly clearing of open gutters (as i see in some of the pics shown), etc-etc-etc.

Aba is the goose that lays the golden egg, and deserves nothing less; it should be presented in the best possible way and (with the coming of 24 hour power supply) could easily be the most attractive city for investments/commerce in the entire country within 10 years.

World class?..you mean how roads should look like in the 21st cen.?
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Ndu2000: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
emindu, Whatever you call your self, your pay master has been in office for 6 years. Patching of a few potholes in Aba road is all he has for them. I have no doubt you have been to Edo, Akwa Ibom, Anambra and Imo states in the recent times. If that is what you saw in those places, so be it for you and your family. People like you take delight in living like pigs, else the mess you posted would not have. Tell your pay master he is returing to that place they exhumed him and swore him in 2007. We all know he never won any election and for ever is not capable of. His makers are also getting a pinch of this.

Abian are better than that and will always be.........
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by OluEmmaAss: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Propaganda. Govt doesn't need to publicise projects before we know that it's working.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by genxris: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
@poster,you must be evil for u to come and post such rubbish pix in the name of road reconstruction,some of these roads were just graded and not tarred and by the time rain sets in it collapses again and T:A orji is just a media hype man who want to always be seen as performing while a lot of roads are still totally cut off because of government negligence the ones he claim to have been reconstructed is actually resurfacing the bad portion of a road,he will now picture it and claim he reconstructed 100meters of road.
Failed government
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Princek12(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
razznaija: Why is it that any road that is constructed in Nigeria is always an eyesore? why can't we make better roads that look AT LEAST like this:
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3D5Jn6Qv8rN64vz6UF4-adtHZa3o7ONw7XU_h4wrlI9jqQQhLA[/img]

I was thinking the same thing. It is due to incompetence.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Classicalman(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
If these sh.it h0les are all T.A Orji has to show as constructed (sic) roads, then i'm sorry for him and the retar.ds who praise his government. Tufiakwa!
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
OP was just trolling

How can anyone post the below pic as reconstruction?

Is there any reconstruction in this picture below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/988697_27_jpge0e28452229af52e70f87dd03c3a30c2

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2013
When the construct road is like if Nigeria has won world cup or they are doing the people a favor.. Eastern part of Nigeria suppose to be the most developed region in Nigeria after all they are the ones that were fighting for biafra now the states are almost independent, they can't even provide 80% of the amenities. Corruption In africa or Nigeria is different from Corruption in the western world.. I Think Nigeria should do psychological test and make sure candidates who are running for office has the tendency to care for people and not only themselve. This would really help. If each govenors or ministers can setup conference of people or youth on how to address each problems and bring about new ideas.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by kcpumping(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Stop sleeping its day-time already, even with pictures you are still this delusional, are you a buffoon i your former life? undecided
aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ wait a minute ....ar ΰ trying to say orji Is performing wel? Quite sarcastic ,af far as Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ‎​ concern abia Is d worst state in Nigeria, dnt even go dere abeg
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Pozzy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14, 2013
U people shoudnt worry, cuz I stay in Aba presently.. So, I will post pictures of Aba roads tomorrow..
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by vanstanzy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
This's some kinda joke, right! grin grin grin Has anything good ever come out of TA Orji and PDP
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by OmoTier1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
razznaija: Why is it that any road that is constructed in Nigeria is always an eyesore? why can't we make better roads that look AT LEAST like this:

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by vanstanzy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Complete the roads, show us completed road pics and we'll cheer u on, simple. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by occam(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Princek12:

and use of tokunbo machine. also they still mix tar with shovel
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Niseamaka(m): 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
tomakint:
Stop sleeping its day-time already, even with pictures you are still this delusional, are you a buffoon i your former life? undecided

You`re the one sleeping. Forget those pictures, i was in Aba recently and
i can report authoritatively that of all the states i`ve visited, Aba have
the worst road network. People like you glorify utter rubbish.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Princek12:

^^^It's incompetence and much more; from the out-going crook governor installing another crook (a more daft and morally bankrupt one, so he can control him better), to an uninterested electorate that either don't care much for the character of the person seeking to govern them or are easily bought over with some bags of low-quality rice, to a corrupt and enabling civil/public service ever ready and eager to over-value and under-monitor civil works in the state, to proper-local contractors that don't have the capacity (both mental and equipment wise) to carry out jobs that meet international standards of execution.

To solve our problems in this country, it should start from you and i demanding for accountability in governance and settling for nothing but the best.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
@OP. Better park well ooo. If T.A Orji paid you, better refund the money back to him. You no dey shame to put this kind pix here.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by sonety2k(m): 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
cool
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by mike404(m): 9:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
mehn this is really sad, this dumb governor has spent almost 8 good years in power without nothing to show for it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by veesion: 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
the glory of aba has been shattered,this clueless gvt is d worst thing that has happend to abians since creation,whoever posted this nonsence pictures here is cursed, u can imagine aftr 8 yrs
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by gerald09(m): 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
Can't believe these were actual roads. Its about time dem politicians stop using "roads, water and water" as a campaign strategy its jt getting embarrassing and very sad.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by gerald09(m): 10:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
Can't believe these were actual roads. Its about time dem politicians stop using "roads, water and light" as a campaign strategy its jt getting embarrassing and very sad. Hw do u own big cars, big houses with swimming pools and d most expensive phones if u don't have good roads to drive dem on, water to enjoy d pools and light to charge the phones. Even a child knows it jt the highest scale of stupidity.
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
oyb: i swear, our brothers from the east are on a long hard, pointed spiked thing in a tender orifice

[size=20]And what is that supposed to mean?[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 15, 2013
Whoohoo! Yolk! Why can things be organized in that country? Why? I keep asking why. lipsrsealed cry cry cry

I fear for the health of the neighborhood!
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by Rastamann: 12:09am On Feb 15, 2013
Window dressing!
Re: Pictures Of Reconstruction Of Some Roads In Aba, Abia State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:11am On Feb 15, 2013
Aba suburbs (pics courtesy of Egheleghe on skyscrapercity):

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Attack On Buhari Is Undignified - Senator Adamu / APC Crisis: Buhari's Silence Unacceptable, Party May Lose Edo- Sagay / 25 INEC Officials In Hospital After Rivers Rerun Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.