Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House (20447 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Soyinka knows the right thing to do but he chose to do it wrongly. That protest is welcomed in any Democracy, but it should be to the Parliament and not to a governor. There is nothing a Governor can do about an issue that borders on Office of First Lady and budgeted by the FCT Ministry. Granted the office of the First Lady is unconstitutional, the Parliament should address the misnorm and scrap the expense. 4 billion is too much money to be spent on a building. How much is the cost of a bag of cement and paint? GEJ needs to remember, he, just like me had no shoes, and he should not forget that just like both of us, there are many kids out there that has no shoes and have no goodluck to be President. I stick to truth and the truth sets me free always.

You're a tool! So every protest must be at Abuja?
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by YoungMoney3: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Achebe is a bigot while Soyinka is a peacemaker.beside his books are full of lies.what has he done for Nigeria ? Nothing other than spreading lies and hatred in the minds his children.

Bluetooth-Fool you are a big Stu-pid animal you will hide under you computer and be typing rubbish all the time i wish i can see you face to face i would have deal with you Bas-tard Monkey seriously

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by finni(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2013
oluwadare26: The Professor really fall my hands on this! Who is BRF to stop the precidency 4rm building the 4billion house? He no go protest 4 National Assembly he went to Alausa... Cant stop laughing

He does not need to get to Abuja before he could register a protest. Fashola is representing the president in Lagos State. The protest letter is to be delivered to the president through Gov. Fashola.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by matrixme(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2013
V-lyrics:
If soyinka was to run for president under d new pary i won vote 4 him.. Even though he is not an Igbo. Dis man can inspire a renaissance in nigeria economy wit his creative mind.. He is a legend and a thinker

Why don't we all start a public outcry or something for Soyinka to campaign for president come 2015? At least, it's the least we could do if we want to salvage our nation from destructive influences, and we have to do that ourselves. Formerly, I would have criticized the professor to just stick to writing, but I have known better now. These popular politicians don't have the interests of the citizenry at heart as much as someone like Prof Soyinka. Please if anyone is with me on this one, let's start a web revolution on Twitter and other social networks till he starts having sleepless night over it.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 15, 2013
Mandelaguy: The so called angel Fashola.......hehehehehehehe grin grin angry grin angry grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry too bad. Where are those rabid dogs extolling his virtues? Is the first lady 's position constitutional to warrant such waste of Lagosians resources ? That is how they will kill us at the centre with unnecessary and bogus projects. Of course Soyinka is the man, his track record is impeccable, check!
Lol...look before you leap. Read article again bro.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by kolokolobi(m): 10:28am On Feb 15, 2013
The tragedy of it all is that the land was proposed to house a cancer centre by Turai Yaradua. The fct minister being a clown an imcompetent one for that matter has proposed that such amount should be spent for the first ladies project trying kiss gej's feet to help him become bauchi state governor. That is the tragedy of cluelessnes in the face of scatse foriegn exchange being used up for medical tourism.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:
There we go again. But seriously, where u a lizard in ur former life?
yes o ngozibaby! I was a lizard that evoluted from your dinosaurus body during the evolutionary trend in our previous existence.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by kunletomot: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2013
This country is a total failure.How can a budget worth of 4billion be approved for mission house construction in the FCT for the first lady where there are graduate out there seeking for employment.As at yesterday,we have a corpers passing out of the camp without any hope of getting job.I think the three arms of government should think about this.

Instead of building mission house,why not allocate this money to each graduate for entrepreneurship purpose.God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by thehomer: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2013
Anyone very concerned about this can contact their representatives from this page. Just locate your representative at each level and voice your opinion rather than simply shouting on an anonymous forum.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Libkid(m): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem:

It doesnt matter. They protested and laid their complaints to the governor who in return will send their protest letter to the appropriate quarters in Abuja.

And yet, someone will claim this goon has a brain.SMH
go get a life
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Bomi(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2013
4 Billion Naira for 1st Lady! and Wole Soyinka, Odei Odubakin and other civil right advocator gather one fell swoop and the right person to hear them is Fashola! What an irony, the man that pauperize generation of Lagosian grin The man who enjoy free education and increase school fee LASU school fee from 25,000 to 350,000 on the pretence that he want to build world class university. University that was build by progressive and autentic action Governor of Lagos Alhaji LKJ Jakande. That on did not attract the attention of Civil Right group in Nigeria.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Libkid(m): 10:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Jaidey-one:
as long as there are people like you in this country we'll have problems moving forward. Soyinka is fighting for common men like you and I and all you can say is this trash up there. is woke soyinka a politician? No he's not. He's highly respected world wide and he can decided to leave this hell hole and live in any country in the world. He's fighting for the masses!!! Oya go to the romance section. If U come here and make any silly comment again walahi I will track you down and exterminate you!!! Ewu can bear
u dey mad abi.if soyinka no like wetin jonathan dey do cum 2015 make im run 4 presidency na abi im be learner.abegi

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Soyinka knows the right thing to do but he chose to do it wrongly. That protest is welcomed in any Democracy, but it should be to the Parliament and not to a governor. There is nothing a Governor can do about an issue that borders on Office of First Lady and budgeted by the FCT Ministry. Granted the office of the First Lady is unconstitutional, the Parliament should address the misnorm and scrap the expense. 4 billion is too much money to be spent on a building. How much is the cost of a bag of cement and paint? GEJ needs to remember, he, just like me had no shoes, and he should not forget that just like both of us, there are many kids out there that has no shoes and have no goodluck to be President. I stick to truth and the truth sets me free always.
man! Not exactly what you think.
Soyinka didn't go with the women to the goverment's house in lagos state. The protesters read Wole Soyinka's message written to them not as if he was there.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Libkid(m): 10:38am On Feb 15, 2013
inufele2:

You deserve a bullet in the head for rubbish you posted above.
go park well
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné:

Looks like Chinua Achebe's book has really scarred you so terribly grin

e dey paaaiiiinnnnnn.
i mentioned Wole Soyinka! Did i mentioned Chinua Achebe? You are a tool.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Ejine(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2013
Tolexander: i mentioned Wole Soyinka! Did i mentioned Chinua Achebe? You are a tool.

Abeggiiii, you think you're fooling anyone?
Or you think we're all babies?

Biko, if his writing still hurts you that bad, we can all contribute some money to get you Aboniki balm wey you go carry massage the pain, e hear?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by 5much(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2013
well done Soyinka. 4bn,What a waste!
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Jaideyone(m): 10:49am On Feb 15, 2013
Libkid: u dey mad abi.if soyinka no like wetin jonathan dey do cum 2015 make im run 4 presidency na abi im be learner.abegi
you are the mad one here.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by najoke: 10:51am On Feb 15, 2013
Mandelaguy: You are jumping into a murky water, dis beef is between me and some people, you just counted yourself in, kudos! I thrive on controversy, welcome to my world. If I am stupid and you keep referring to me, what are you? I know you have the answer. If I see a stupid post, I pass, but when your likes see what you term stupid, you hyperventilate, thats cool with me, but like I said, I am one step ahead of the bunch of you added together.

Dude.....ENOUGH OK!!!!!!! angry
Stop displaying your stupidity in public
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Jarus(m): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2013
Mandelaguy: The so called angel Fashola.......hehehehehehehe grin grin angry grin angry grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry too bad. Where are those rabid dogs extolling his virtues? Is the first lady 's position constitutional to warrant such waste of Lagosians resources ? That is how they will kill us at the centre with unnecessary and bogus projects. Of course Soyinka is the man, his track record is impeccable, check!

Mumu-ni Dagano. Read before you comment.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by iwanchop(m): 10:52am On Feb 15, 2013

Did you read the post at all?
Get a life man
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Mandelaguy(m): 10:53am On Feb 15, 2013
Lol. They are still picking on me? Eiiiyaaaaaaa! I am getting the desired and set out result, keep coming Fashola rats!
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2013
After the protest, what next ?
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by NET1(m): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2013
What is Soyinka doing sef? What can Fashola do about it? If he truly wants something to come out of this protest, he should go to the house of Reps and Senate - not Fashola. Like someone said, it's like Reporting the Principal to the Class Prefect. Nigeria is bigger than Lagos.

And for those bringing Achebe into the equation, I don't see how it adds up.

.NET
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by olawalebabs(m): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2013
Jarus:

Mumu-ni Dagano. Read before you comment.
LWKMD
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2013
DO U KNOW HOW TO READ TO UNDERSTAND AT ALL
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by romanlaw(m): 10:58am On Feb 15, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Achebe is a bigot while Soyinka is a peacemaker.beside his books are full of lies.what has he done for Nigeria ? Nothing other than spreading lies and hatred in the minds his children.

If Soyinka is so wise and a peace fighter why didnt he take the protest to Abuja....what concerns a state governor with such federal issue.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Demdem(m): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2013
Libkid: go get a life

do u have one? very foolish thing.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by anonimi: 11:00am On Feb 15, 2013
finni:

He does not need to get to Abuja before he could register a protest. Fashola is representing the president in Lagos State. The protest letter is to be delivered to the president through Gov. Fashola.

Abeg wake up if na sleep you dey so.
Was Fashola appointed by the President?
Is this the military era when the dictator Head of State will appoint his fellow coupists as MILADs over the people?
[size=14pt]It is 14 years since we did away with that DICTATORSHIP unitary command system[/size].
In case you have forgotten, governors are now ELECTED by the people of the state.
Soyinka and his fellow protesters could have done better than this.
Don't they know their NASS senators and representatives to lodge complaints and follow the debate on the floor of the national assembly

Meanwhile the Prof and his fellow protesters will do well to also ask their LGA chairmen and councillors what they are doing with the monthly FG allocations.
It is pointless to leave the ELECTED public servants and political office holders CLOSEST to you that are doing practically nothing and start worrying about remote FG.

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Gbawe: 11:00am On Feb 15, 2013
inufele2:

You're a tool! So every protest must be at Abuja?

Not only a tool, but a worthless yahoo-yahoo boy always attempting cheap 419. What the hell is the "office of the first Lady" he mentions if not the 419 GEJ and his embarrassing wife are using to justify a wasteful jamboree for a position not recognised in the constitution. Nigerians should learn , once and for all, that is is what will happen embracing sentiments to vote in an 'accidental' President who clearly falls far below what is desirable.

The problem is that many Nigerians, despite their noise, and like the yahoo-yahoo boy you address here, are simply not exposed. This is why they can continue to make all manners of excuses to defend the 'throw-back' antics of a man placed far above his station. Even GEJ's African peers must regard him with amusement because of what they see happening under him they are not at liberty to attempt in their own Country.

When Patience Jonathan is now a Permanent secretary in Bayelsa, terrible enough as that is, what is this N4 billion "mission house" crap about? Was it not bad enough she fought with Turai to forcefully take over the Abuja land we are told they plan to build this ridiculous "mission house" on? Nigeria must pay for it as well? When will these people develop a conscience and stop ridiculing Nigeria? The first lady is just a nuisance and an embarrassment being entertained by a totally unprincipled husband.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by tefund(m): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2013
scopusng: LAGOS — Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka and civil society groups, Thursday, condemned the N4 billion earmarked for the construction of a Mission House for the First Lady, Patience Jonathan, in the 2013 budget of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, saying it is “a mind-boggling fiscal misappropriation.”

It would be recalled that the fund for the mission house, which was expected to serve as centre to host other African First Ladies, was listed in the 2013 budget of FCT, Abuja.

Soyinka and civil society expressed their displeasure in a lettter read during a protest march organised by Women Arise for Change Initiative, which also had in attendance, Mr. Festus Keyamo; wife of late Beko Ransome-Kuti, Abosede; daughter of the late Afro beat king, Yeni Anikulapo and others.

The protesters, who were over 100 converged on the premises of the Lagos State Television, LTV, Agidingbi, Ikeja, and later marched to Lagos House, Alausa.

Traffic was partially paralysed around Alausa axis for about an hour due to the activities of the protesters.

The protesters displayed various placards which read: “N4 billion will create jobs, so we say no to mission house; N4 billion budget for Mission House, we say no to fiscal rascality.”

The Nobel laureate whose statement to other African First Ladies was read by the President of the Initiative, Mrs. Joe-Okei Odumakin in the presence of Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, said: “There is no such thing as an African First Ladies Mission in the Nigerian appropriation list.”

He, however, urged other African First Ladies to distance themselves from the idea, saying: “Your names have been invoked as the ultimate beneficiaries and thus, you are vicariously implicated. In the name of St. Valentine and the love I bear for you all, please dissociate yourselves from this display of shameless avarice. I shall not go so far as to ask you to denounce what you probably know nothing about, but if you ever get to hear of it, distance yourselves from the gross impropriety.”

It’s unconstitutional—Keyamo

Keyamo, on his part, said: “The allocation of such fund to an office that wasn’t recognised by the 1999 constitution is unconstitutional, null and void. And this is significant that it is women that are protesting against this act.
“It is sad that Abuja has since become the capital of corruption. The stories that come out of the FCT daily aren’t palatable at all.”

Okei-Odumakin wants First Lady’s office scrapped

Okei-Odumakin, in her speech, demanded that “President Goodluck Jonathan must direct the FCT Minister to withdraw this budget allocation and sack him for this assault on public morality.

“The unconstitutional office of the First Lady should be scrapped and spouses of elected officials to play no more than ceremonial roles in the country.”

The President noted “N4 billion could help millions of school age children to receive better education, equip rural clinics with drugs and do society a host of other good.”

Mrs. Abosede Ransome-Kuti on her part said “of what interest is the N4 billion allocated for the construction of a Mission House for African First Ladies to the man on the street. Of what interest is this to the vast majority of the citizens of the country who cannot eat three square meals daily?”

In his response, Fashola said: “This is what I think is the discharge of your own responsibilities of participation in the country’s democratic journey. For nothing, I will deliver this letter today.

“Our democratic experience is comparatively very young. And this is about the 14th year. And going forward, I believe that it is your participation that enriches the process that helps to set the appropriate priorities.

“Nothing can be much more incisive as the demonstration of the occupational endeavours of survival that we see our women engage in as it was shown by Mrs. Beko Ransome Kuti, women selling matches to survive in the country, definitely that is a wake-up call for us all.

“The opportunity still exists because I am aware that the budget is yet to receive the assent of the President. And this provides an opportunity to look at it again. There is also an opportunity for us as we embark on constitution amendment about what role women who are spouses of the heads of government should really play. I think that this type of protest only enriches the debate and helps us as a people to decide what we want going forward in this nation.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/soyinka-leads-protest-to-fashola-over-n4bn-first-lady-house/

i miss Gani fawehim....iam sure this issue would be in court by now.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by tomiedatlo: 11:03am On Feb 15, 2013
Jaidey-one:
as long as there are people like you in this country we'll have problems moving forward. Soyinka is fighting for common men like you and I and all you can say is this trash up there. is woke soyinka a politician? No he's not. He's highly respected world wide and he can decided to leave this hell hole and live in any country in the world. He's fighting for the masses!!! Oya go to the romance section. If U come here and make any silly comment again walahi I will track you down and exterminate you!!! Ewu can bear
Na Mumu dey wori d bastard grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Of Tompolo’s Father Threatens Ceasefire In Niger Delta / Nnamdi Kanu Is An Ojukwu, An Nzeogwu And An Azikiwe All Rolled Into One' - FFK / Shock In PDP As Dogara Returns To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.