Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House (20537 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by EmmyDe25(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
Mandelaguy: The so called angel Fashola.......hehehehehehehe grin grin angry grin angry grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry too bad. Where are those rabid dogs extolling his virtues? Is the first lady 's position constitutional to warrant such waste of Lagosians resources ? That is how they will kill us at the centre with unnecessary and bogus projects. Of course Soyinka is the man, his track record is impeccable, check!
Am sure ur eyes were covered wit blinkers wen u were reading d story, cos it is obvious u dnt knw wat u sayin.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by kettykings: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
This is the joke of the century , Hypocrisy of the highest order these people are moving around demonstrating over N4b that was used for the building of first lady office while the did not sneeze when N2B of tax payers money was used for the Birthday of a loafer

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Dede1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
Tolexander: no ma ngozi! I av always known you to be igbo ethnocentric, bigot and tribalist like Chinua Achebe. Check all my posts, am not a tribalist but always try to counter anything achebe's 'there was a country'. Did you read the book in question? If you weren't bias enough, though you are very ethnocentric like i've known you to be, you will understand that the book is one sided when you compare the known fictionist history to the real historean's history of nigeria.

If you had read the book and still talk about the award of nobel laureate or lack thereof as shown in your previous posts, I safely say you either have comprehensible deficiency or you are a tribal irredentist. I would ask you to check out the “Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad” and scintillating rebuttals by Achebe and “Things Fall Apart”, then you will begin to know why the Europeans do not want to add insults to injury by awarding Achebe the nonsensical nobel laureate. In the plateau of historical and philosophical approach to human nature, Achebe’s book, “Things Fall Apart”, had sent Heart of Darkness to the dustbin.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by kettykings: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
http://www..com/talk/topic,97751.0.html

The Nigerian main opposition Party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) is spending about N1.86B on Tinubu's 60th birthday.
State and Local government areas in ACN control states contributed this amount, apart from Oyo state that refused to send in their on 'widow's handout'.
The carnival like birthday party for the ACN chief, will last for a week.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by wanney: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
Libkid: Soyinka is only bin jealous.make im go park well jor
oh really!!!!!!!!!pls let d activist do their job while u manage ur little haven and ignore everything u see that s wrong,bet even in ur community u cant spk up for urself.thats y it s called a democratic govt tk note
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Dede1:

If you had read the book and still talk about the award of nobel laureate or lack thereof as shown in your previous posts, I safely say you either have comprehensible deficiency or you are a tribal irredentist. I would ask you to check out the “Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad” and scintillating rebuttals by Achebe and “Things Fall Apart”, then you will begin to know why the Europeans do not want to add insults to injury by awarding Achebe the nonsensical nobel laureate. In the plateau of historical and philosophical approach to human nature, Achebe’s book, “Things Fall Apart”, had sent Heart of Darkness to the dustbin.
Leave him to call me a tribalist. After dragging chinua achebe to dis topic that has nothing to do with him. Achebe said d truth, nobody expected Yoruba ppl to concur to d book as if their opinion evn matters. They shd keep talking abt nobel prize while Achebe has gone higher dan Wole in international circles evn without the nobel prize.
If 'there was a country' was wrong/false, y did Americans add it to IOS best books of 2012?
@ Tolexander, show me the fictitious tnz in d book .
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
Dede1:

very sure you were dementialised by the biafrian war incidence maybe due to the progeria it caused on you in your childhood.
So far you love a book written by an author which pleases your putrified mind and bias emotion doesn't make it the best book. What literary intellectual capability have you to pass a judgement on the fate decided by the people that made literature their culture from the elementary studies to the peak of all knowledge that can be acquired by a man?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Leave him to call me a tribalist
u have always been ethnocentric and bigoted.
ngozi: After dragging chinua achebe to dis topic that has nothing to do with him
i made a comparison. Criticizing someone makes a person a tribalist?
ngozi: Achebe said d truth
better you understand the difference between truth and fiction,
ngozi: nobody expected [Yoruba] . They shd keep talking abt nobel prize while Achebe has gone higher dan Wole in international circles evn without the nobel prize.
in your wild dream. Achebe won't even dare say that himself.
ngozi: If 'there was a country' was wrong/false, y did Americans add it to IOS best books of 2012?
just like the normal friction naw.
ngozi: @ Tolexander
ya! Am following you.
ngozi: show me the fictitious tnz in d book .
have you read the book?
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2013
Stop forming smart with me. I have read d extract dat is a source of worry to d yorubas and i have told u evn awolowo attested to dat after d war,claiming that it was his duty to fight his enemies wth blockade. So,its all true.
N abt Achebes literature superior to Wole's, more recognized, (works translated in diff languages is a sign of recognition), its true too.
Wat exactly did u say is fictitious sef?
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2013
ngozievergreen: Stop forming smart with me. I have read d extract dat is a source of worry to d yorubas and i have told u evn awolowo attested to dat after d war,claiming that it was his duty to fight his enemies wth blockade. So,its all true.
N abt Achebes literature superior to Wole's, more recognized, (works translated in diff languages is a sign of recognition), its true too.
Wat exactly did u say is fictitious sef?
what is my own concern with Obafemi Awolowo? Just like every other selfish past leaders like azikwe and the rest.
You only told me Awolowo attested to using a blockade as a weapon in the civil war but failed to tell me what was the rational and reasons behind the decision. Just like telling me the answer is 4. Is it 1+3=4, 2+2=4 or 0+4=4. Am not interested in the answer but what brought about the answer. Moreover, you expect him to fold his hands and be watching his enemy invading his territory? Typical example is you and I arguing, so you expect me to continue giving you points to beat me hands down?
Mind you, civil war is not something i like talking about cos it is a result of the mistakes of our so called heroes.
About Achebe and Soyinka. Achebe's work being recognised and translated to many languages doesn't make the former more recognised than the latter. David Bekcham is a very famous footballer, loved and recognised by many doesn't make him a better footballer than Pele in their football carriers. Achebe has a very interesting story in the 'things fall apart' novel doesn't mean he was excellent in his composition of all the elements of literature in the book. Those that possess the earthly knowledge of these are in Sweden.
Ngozi! The church bell is ringing.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 17, 2013
Now u are backing off. Its d same achebe that wrote there was a country. Where u nt d one dat said one was scattering d country? Wch book were u referring to? N wch part of d book didnt d yoruba like? Isnt it d one abt awolowo? So Awolowo on point!
The shame is dat he was doing dose tnz to b made president, dat was wat he signed with d north, but dey dissappointed him as Gowon continued. So because of his selfish interest, he led ur fathers to d war. Suffice it to note dat he evn supported Ojukwu on d secession bid earlier on, he had said if dose pogroms were against yorubas, he wud av done same tnz. But wen he was promised presido, he dropped his guard. D fact is many yorubas are dat way.
U saw a thread that has nothing to do with Achebe, u decided to begin a comparison because u saw Soyinka. And scrap dat football thing, i dnt knw much in dat side. Achebe is documented to be Africa's foremost writer. Things fall apart is just d most celebrated of all his classic novels, its not just d storyline, d literary styles too.
N pls and pls, dont compare Zik of Africa and Awo again. Zik didnt do any treacherous tn for power evn though he was d main fighter for independence. U stl have not told me d fictitious tnz u mean abt Achebe.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
ngozievergreen: Now u are backing off. Its d same achebe that wrote there was a country. Where u nt d one dat said one was scattering d country? Wch book were u referring to? N wch part of d book didnt d yoruba like? Isnt it d one abt awolowo? So Awolowo on point!
The shame is dat he was doing dose tnz to b made president, dat was wat he signed with d north, but dey dissappointed him as Gowon continued. So because of his selfish interest, he led ur fathers to d war. Suffice it to note dat he evn supported Ojukwu on d secession bid earlier on, he had said if dose pogroms were against yorubas, he wud av done same tnz. But wen he was promised presido, he dropped his guard. D fact is many yorubas are dat way.
U saw a thread that has nothing to do with Achebe, u decided to begin a comparison because u saw Soyinka. And scrap dat football thing, i dnt knw much in dat side. Achebe is documented to be Africa's foremost writer. Things fall apart is just d most celebrated of all his classic novels, its not just d storyline, d literary styles too.
N pls and pls, dont compare Zik of Africa and Awo again. Zik didnt do any treacherous tn for power evn though he was d main fighter for independence. U stl have not told me d fictitious tnz u mean abt Achebe.
still wondering why every igbo talks the same thing about the civil war. Well you were fed by the same person.
You made mention of the pogrom in the north against the igbo but refused to talk about the igbo coup of jan 15 1966 killing other tribes' leader sparing theirs. Exactly what Professor Achebe did. So you expected the hausas to fold their hands and be watching?
I cant argue 'there was a country' with you cos you haven't read it, only the extract you came across on nairaland which is not even really part of the story.
Where was achebe during the civil war to write about his experience of the civil war. A man parading himself as the biafran ambassador in the US talking about his experience of the civil war.
About my first response to the thread. Yes am right! Achebe decided to be bias in his memoir of the civil war which is against historical ethics generating controversies. Soyinka saw what is wrong and decided to write against it through the the protesting women.
Achebe is a foremost writer, no doubt. Let me give you a related example like i have once cited to you. In olympic, if a country won a gold medal in an event, and another country won 1million silver in all the olympic events, the country with just one Gold medal would be ranked higher than the country with 1million silver medals.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
There was a country was discussed in oda media long bfr nairaland incomplete info , so lets not go dere.
Resort to ur govt text to knw y nzeogwu killed northern leaders. Evn yorubas were part of d team dat met to execute dose past rulers cos corruption was much but dey failed to carry out dier plan,out of cowardice. U see y u all are d same. But aside killing ironsi
n co, dey resorted to pogrom

And after d war came marginalisations, yet we are there in indigenous prod, mkts, coporate world, sports ,entertainment evn more dan any tribe. And naijas prob started with trying to prevent igbos from exhibiting dier sparkling skills. See jealousy. Y didnt dey allow us to go with our problems to our biafra?
Achebe is africa's foremost writer, yes without nobel prize. Dat evn makes him more interesting. U really made a mistake bringing him here.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
ngozievergreen: There was a country was discussed in oda media long bfr nairaland incomplete info , so lets not go dere.
Resort to ur govt text to knw y nzeogwu killed northern leaders. Evn yorubas were part of d team dat met to execute dose past rulers cos corruption was much but dey failed to carry out dier plan,out of cowardice. U see y u all are d same. But aside killing ironsi
n co, dey resorted to pogrom

And after d war came marginalisations, yet we are there in indigenous prod, mkts, coporate world, sports ,entertainment evn more dan any tribe. And naijas prob started with trying to prevent igbos from exhibiting dier sparkling skills. See jealousy. Y didnt dey allow us to go with our problems to our biafra?
Achebe is africa's foremost writer, yes without nobel prize. Dat evn makes him more interesting. U really made a mistake bringing him here.
why do you always like to lose your track?
Jan 15 1966 coup was of the igbos. Who were the main coup plotters? The biafran war against nigeria had Col Banjo a yoruba, fighting for the biafrans. Can we say cos Banjo fought for biafra then the war was nigeria against nigeria?
You haven't read a book, claiming you heard it on media. That is not enough to give you a standard argumentative weapon.
On the part of the success of igbo, this is not the first time you would say it to my hearing and we've once trashed it in a our 1st clash.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
Back to topic,cos i dnt evn have time for rubbish, Soyinka should carry his protests to where it shd b necessary- Abuja not Lagos
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 6:20am On Feb 18, 2013
ngozievergreen: Back to topic,cos i dnt evn have time for rubbish, Soyinka should carry his protests to where it shd b necessary- Abuja not Lagos
anyhow you want it!
Am pretty sure you didn't read the content of the news, you only base you resolution on the topic you saw.
Wole Soyinka didn't go on the protest with the protesters to the state house in alausa. The news said the women read Wole Soyinka speech when they got to the state house.
Your opinion shouldn't be base on the container but the content in the container. In my field, if we were given a labelled drug, we would have to perform quality control on the drug to ascertain the authenticity and quality of the drug cos of mistake on the part of the manufacturer, dubious act and other related problems.
I will be glad to get back your response on the excerpt where he was physically and anatomically present in the protest.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 19, 2013
I repeat, he shd go to GEJ and say it face to face. Haba!
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Tolexander: 8:18am On Feb 19, 2013
ngozievergreen: I repeat, he shd go to GEJ and say it face to face. Haba!
where is the excerpts to proove he was there?
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
Mtchew. Thread closed
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by nobniger: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
This criminals really think Nigers are fools. Well, one day sha!!

Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by emmatok(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
ngozievergreen: Back to topic,cos i dnt evn have time for rubbish, Soyinka should carry his protests to where it shd b necessary- Abuja not Lagos
Ngozi na wa for you o.

Soyinka didn't attend the protest, but his letter was read.

Protest can be held anywhere if you get enough media coverage.

Soyinka has suffered in the hands various dictators, so going to Abuja is not an issue.
Re: Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House by elobyobi: 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
ngozievergreen: Now u are backing off. Its d same achebe that wrote there was a country. Where u nt d one dat said one was scattering d country? Wch book were u referring to? N wch part of d book didnt d yoruba like? Isnt it d one abt awolowo? So Awolowo on point!
...hmm...i like this girl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Johnson Ajiboye: Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke / Pro-makarfi Supporters Clash With Pro-Sheriff Supporters At PDP Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.