Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale (11302 Views)

Committees: Reps Reject Dogara’s Appointments - Punch / Reps Reject 6yr Tenure And Dump State Creation / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Shagaiya04(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
I don see enough alcoholics for here,
CHAI....
Na wa ooo!
Person de dig him grave by himself & him dey proud of ram
TU-FIA!!!
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by vanstanzy(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
Shagaiya04: I don see enough alcoholics for here,
CHAI....
Na wa ooo!
TU-FIA!!!

Which ram Where? grin grin
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by ckkris: 3:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Shagaiya04: I don see enough alcoholics for here,
CHAI....
Na wa ooo!
TU-FIA!!!

FREEDOM and LIBERTY is what Nigeria is all about. Aboki you don't even have the natural majority to attempt to legisloot how other parts of Nigeria should live. First stop your Boko Haram from killing innocent people, then this verƴ prosperous nation can help update you into the enchanting possibilities of this 21st century.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by kalunomics(m): 3:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demdem: useless motion. Even if its passed and became law, i trust my kai-kai infected brain leader of ours wont implement. no shaking.
i don't know what makes you more st.upid by the day but its actually working. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
kalunomics: i don't know what makes you more st.upid by the day but its actually working. Keep it up!

Foolish thing, what has this gat to do with the subject matter of this thread?
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Amen oo. We for start Biafra again. Aboki
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Amen oo. We for start Biafra again. Aboki
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
This is the worst joke of life. HUSSAIN should step down. He is a clueless rep. With one voice 'Step Down HUSSAIN'

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Clueless HUSSAIN should STEP DOWN from the HOUSE
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Is this how u HATE we Nigerians. HUSSAIN should step Down
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by JuniorSali: 4:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Segun hope u dey hear we so. WE CALL FOR HUSSAIN POSITION TO B GIVING TO WORTHY NIGERIANS. HE IS SO CLUELESS
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by dammytosh: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ban corruption fools.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
gramci:

See this aboki
no mind the fool. Hypocrites. Same people that put beer in plastic kettle.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Novice1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Never knew we have so many drunkards in Nairaland. Now this explains all the puerile posts we see here everyday.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Jonnysteve: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Dis rep no serious o ban alcohol,4 wetin y not make sure FG put all our road in gd shape,install road n high way lite n see if accident no go reduce.......pressing matters dey ground wey dem suppose debt na alcohol dem dey talk...shm
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by scopusng(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
AS I just heard dis news now naim I go carry drink for bar dey drink.Nonsense ppl.U guys don't have work to do,Yeye.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by jmoore(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
Sharia law should not be imposed on the nation
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Jonnysteve: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tunder fire dat rep way move dat motion......na dis same rep go carry range rover come park 4 front of gal hostel cum dey pack innocent gals go useless dem finish come dey form holier dan thou e no go better 4 am na motor go crush am e won come ban d only tin wey dey give me joy & inspiration ogun loma ba tie je in jesu name
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by garsul: 5:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
THIS COUNTRY IS IN A BIG MESS WITH BIGOTRY, NEARLY ALL THAT POSTED ON THIS TOPIC DID NOT BOTHER OPENING THE LINK TO SEE THE MOTION PROPOSED WHICH STATES THAT 'A motion seeking to ban the SALE OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG RELATED SUBSTANCES IN AND AROUND MOTOR PARKS in Nigeria. PLEASE WHAT IS WRONG IN REQUESTING THAT ACCESS TO HALLUCINATING MATERIAL SHOULD BE BANNED FROM OUR MOTOR PARKS TO REDUCE ITS CONSUMPTION AND ITS ATTENDANT CONSEQUENCES OF ROAD MISHAP. I AM SURE ALL THOSE BLABBING ABOKI THIS OR THAT WILL NOT PRAY TO LOSE A LOVED ONE IN A ROAD ACCIDENT CAUSED BY A HIGH OR DRUNKEN DRIVER BECAUSE OF EASY ACCESS TO DRUGS AND ALCOHOL IN A MOTOR PARK.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by kinguwem: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Alcohol is a recreational drug with a lot of scientific & economic importance. Though its consumption is forbidden by some religion it is available in different brands worldwide. Though alcohol has some detrimental effects, the call for its ban is barbaric & egocentric.
Malaria kills a child every 45 seconds. What has the Hon. member done about that. The major problems of the country are corruption, ethnicity & religious intolerance. If these problems are tackled, Nigeria will be a better place. The alcohol industry alleviates poverty, please leave alcohol alone.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by dartsidius7(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
With all the pressing issues.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Our REPS has gone MADT. That house is simply the house of fools and illiterates and thief's. Imagine such a motion.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Better

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by okoyeizu: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abeg make una no try dis one ooo....
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by kinguwem: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Alcohol is a recreational drug with a lot of scientific & economic importance. Though its consumption is forbidden by some religion it is available in different brands worldwide. Though alcohol has some detrimental effects, the call for its ban is barbaric & egocentric.
Malaria kills a child every 45 seconds. What has the Hon. member done about that. The major problems of the country are corruption, ethnicity & religious intolerance. If these problems are tackled, Nigeria will be a better place. The alcohol industry alleviates poverty & helps to calm down nerves. Please, leave alcohol alone.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Edunwa302(m): 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
methodman: Make dem no try that nonsense ooo.
Hahahaha
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
It's madness proposing an alchohol ban to an assembly that's filled with shakismen.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by KingOmarion(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hussain you are high on monkey tail...Aboki maram
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by caukerzee(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Symphony007: This is impossible! In as much as i don't drink i will never impose my belife on others who do. Alcohol should remain legal, cheap and available so people can drown the sorrows attached to this country in the bottle.
The funny thing is that when the effect of the alcohol wanes away you still come back to meet the same problems. Alcohol solves nothing, it only pospons it and give you less time to solve it till its too late. Alcohol adds the problems instead.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by godman01(m): 9:14pm On Feb 15, 2013
When that's what the reps drink, what do you expect?
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Aderupoko2: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
That Aboki should be sentenced to death by Firing squad for attempting to ban enjoyment.
Re: Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
spywareczar: In his motion, Rep. [size=15pt]Hussain[/size] sought to call on the federal government to, among other things, “ban the sale of alcoholic drinks and other drug related substances in the federation.” He argued that alcohol consumption increases the risk accidents to motorists and pedestrians, leads to high risk road use behaviours such as over speeding or not using seat-belts.
“Recent study by the Lagos State government revealed that 22 percent of drivers in the state tested positive for alcohol and drug related substances. Most of the accidents that occur on Nigerian roads are attributable to the influence of alcohol and hard drugs. This menace is aggravated by the easy access of drivers to these road unfriendly substances,” the lawmaker said.
However, when the question was put to a vote by Speaker Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the lawmakers overwhelmingly rejected the motion saying the issue lies within the purview of local government councils, therefore such an idea should be referred to councilors.
http://www.informationng.com/2013/02/reps-reject-motion-seeking-to-ban-alcohol-sale.html

wetin man no go see for this country
why not aboki simply call for sharia law in nigeria?
or better yet, why don't he call for his islamic state to secede
aboki, aboki, aboki... cry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Considers Climate Change Bill / Over N30 Billion Recovered Through Tips From Whistle Blowers – EFCC / Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.