Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? (5024 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by cowgurl: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2013
wondering-would she be buying her fiance one as well?
so what hapens if after buying herself that gorgeous ring, the dude decides to up and leave without her
lemme guess... she won't take it off to avoid her friends yapping @ her right? Lol...so much abot giving a fvcck abot friends who probably do not care about her azz!

...it is very much inappropriate for her to do such, tell her I said so!
if her fiance can't afford to ring her, she should wait until he can-this is gonna be difficult for her to do if she brags alot abot stuffs like this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Beync(f): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
BTW, is she a freak for engagement ring or she's living her live for what people would say? It's a different thing if her fiance wants her to wear the wring for him. but going by what people would say, and so she buys the wring for herself,
i'll say she is insecure.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Kai! See wetin civilisation dey do tradition? Smh..
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Sapphire86(f): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
D topic funny gan! Y shd she b desperate 2 show off her hand if he cannot afford 2 put a ring on it?
Besides, if d man feels dat she is so desperate 4 d ring, he can buy panda ring pending when he can buy a befitting ring 4 her. Dey sell 'gold' in ojodu berger 4 100!!!
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
No
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by chikeorji123(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
kunletiwoo:

Well, to me there is no cause for alarm. I believe she might have done that just because she truly and genuinely accept my proposal and also trying to re-affirm her conviction.

Good point!..she bought a ring and put on after my proposal indics that she so much value our union..well to me personally l see nothing wrong on that..
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
Spot on...
Beync: If there is mutual understanding between themselves, plus they don't need to tell the word who bought the ring.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol; would do....
cowgurl: ...it is very much inappropriate for her to do such, tell her I said so!.
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol imagine that ehh.....
Idowuogbo: Kai! See wetin civilisation dey do tradition? Smh..
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by cdamsel(f): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
If he doesn't have money for an engagement ring hw den is he ready to b married abi una go dey look una self?truth b told,he isn't ready 2 b marriage,he shd just ask †ђξ girl 2 wait for him if she can,SIMPLE!!!!
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
This got me Lol...grin grin grin grin
Sapphire86: Besides, if d man feels dat she is so desperate 4 d ring, he can buy panda ring pending when he can buy a befitting ring 4 her. Dey sell 'gold' in ojodu berger 4 100!!!
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
Very nice....
chikeorji123:

Good point!..she bought a ring and put on after my proposal indics that she so much value our union..well to me personally l see nothing wrong on that..
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by cdamsel(f): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
sanb: Thanks - well; the thing is she can afford to buy the engagement ring herself. As for her accepting to marry him, she’s prepared financially; and also cos he’s got good potentials and is working behind the scene to fulfil his potentials, that has encouraged and motivated her to accept the engagement.
its really funny oh,so she wld pay 4 †ђξ whole wedding?i just hp she doesn't rub it in wen †ђξ moni doesn't start coming sha
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
cdamsel: If he doesn't have money for an engagement ring hw den is he ready to b married abi una go dey look una self?truth b told,he isn't ready 2 b marriage,he shd just ask †ђξ girl 2 wait for him if she can,SIMPLE!!!!
truth
Re: Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Buy An Engagement Ring For Herself? by elo500: 12:08am On Feb 24, 2013
Na so my friend don take wear engagement ring for almost a year now. angry
To make matters worse, she even had an abortion for the guy recently. We don talk tire embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are Asked 2 Choose..for The Ladies Only.. / d day u cried for somefin not worth it.....share d experience.. check mine.. / This Nigerian Babe Says Vitamin C Prevents Unwanted Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.