Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (21024 Views)

Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Websites for Portfolio Tracking & Monitoring of Nigerian Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by fatai2: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ovo Close: Enduring Stock Buys:
Hello stock market heads.
What are the top five stock to buy that will assure one of a happy retirement over the long term?
What is going to yield 1000% return in the next 10-15 years?

None!
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ab1x: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
ihedioramma: my brother stock,bonds and tb e.t.c and land is the same . have u se some one that bout land from wrong person? what of buying govt land on no to you? can u buy land with #100,000

You ought to have asked me if I could buy a land with 100K in Lagos. I would have said no but as it is I'm not in Lagos, I reside in Ogun state. With 100K, u can get a plot of land in some parts in Ogun State but make sure u buy it from the Baale(s) in charge of the communities. I bought one and half plot of land in 2009 for 450K but now I can categorically tell you that they now sell a plot in my area btw 700 to 1m naira. Money today they say is not equal to money tomorrow. Land appreciate alots and it is far better than shares in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Meenoti: 5:49am On Mar 02, 2013
Seun: Why?

Why?
Nestle has good products which will always be in demand. I see them giving bonus soon to reduce the price. They good dividends.

There will always be demand for beer. Hence Guinness.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by adingo: 6:05am On Mar 02, 2013
Guinness, NB, Mobile Nig & GTB
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
I need "cheap"/low cost stocks with good prospect. Looking at anything less than N3.00K. Please advise.
Thanks
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by manie(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
ab1x:

You ought to have asked me if I could buy a land with 100K in Lagos. I would have said no but as it is I'm not in Lagos, I reside in Ogun state. With 100K, u can get a plot of land in some parts in Ogun State but make sure u buy it from the Baale(s) in charge of the communities. I bought one and half plot of land in 2009 for 450K but now I can categorically tell you that they now sell a plot in my area btw 700 to 1m naira. Money today they say is not equal to money tomorrow. Land appreciate alots and it is far better than shares in Nigeria

You talk on what you are knowledgeable about, on stock has beaten real estate consistently on several occasions. Real estate and stock are good investment vehicle for every investor.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by slyk2(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Are you to play either of the market as insider or outsider?
When you are informed as an investor, then the veil will be lifted.
Stocks and real estate are vehicles of wealth.
Am in the two. Recently we moved to Imo state where land business is booming but with funds generated from stock market in the last 1 year.
The rule no 1 in stock - buy low sell high. Look out for stocks that would have shade bw 50%-25% and enter now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Chilexeve: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
ab1x:

Is it C/O or C.F.O?

It's C of O. Thanks
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Pennywise(m): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
Who are the kind of people buying Nigerian stocks with their hard earned money these days? I can understand vested interests trying to stimulate attention in certain stocks through calculated stock purchases. Other than that, that sector of the economy is best ignored.

I get dividends through posts from the shares I hold in UBA and a few other quoted companies but I noticed that these cheques are never delivered until 6mths and above when it is impossible to redeem, but I guess this is all part of the underhand dealings going on at the 'stock Exchange'.

Our country is not worthy of this kind of business. Ensure law and order first, then the Nigerian Stock Exchange will grow naturally. By the way what became of those operators who only a few short years ago manipulated stocks through insider trading and all kinds of sharp practices profiting to the tune of billions of naira? I bet they paid their way out.

I would rather look for a 'reasonably safe' pyramid scheme operated by someone on whom I have some kind of leverage. Thanks but no thanks.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ihedioramma: 2:58am On Mar 03, 2013
@AB1X, NO INVESTMENT THAT IS 100% GOOD. TO BUY LAND IS GOOD, BOUT SOME ONE THAT HAS ONLY A #100,000 WERE CAN HE BUY LAND IN NIG? WHAT OF C F O WERE WILL HE GET THE MONEY OR IS IT FREE? . IS ONE BY ONE.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by ernie2007(m): 6:43am On Mar 03, 2013
The sad truth is that no stock will assure you of happy retirement over a long term period. The stock market has and will always have its twist and turns, many have fallen victims because of ill advise from so called stock gurus who are only interested in meeting the target as required by their companies and at the end of the day, their only interest is to get paid.

Before you take advise from a "stock Guru" ask him how much he has invested in the stock he wants you to buy. Also ask him how much the he has profited from it. The only advise i will give you that has worked for me is not to keep any stock for more than a period of 7 months. Start small, invest a little learn the trade because even the "stock Guru" knows nothing. When it comes to the stock market, what works for Mr A does not always work for Mr B. Though i have some stock picks that has and is still working for me but i am not here to give you stock picks. I am giving you advise that if you stick to, you will profit from and it will save you money.

The stock market is not real-estate, it does not always appreciate with time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Winningways: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2013
I wont advice anybody to go into bank shares instead invest on buying of land. Make sure you are buying from right source, also no the government of that areas plan for development in feature it will guide you on where to buy smileyI wont advice anybody to go into bank shares instead invest on buying of land. Make sure you are buying from right source, also no the government of that areas plan for development in feature it will guide you on where to buy
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by stockbull(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
there is no stock to mention in this regard. With the nature of the question, you will have to buy business and not stock and our government policies are not stable, strong and life long to favour any business in the long run, you all pointed to the banks, i laugh.......no one can tell, if the question is reviewed with four years outlook, then we will talk again
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by rhames(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
OANDO,NESTLE,CADBURY
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by manie(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2013
First Bank and GTB
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by manie(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Currently accumulating and increasing my holdings in FBN.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Seun(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
manie: Currently accumulating and increasing my holdings in FBN.
Why?
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by manie(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Seun:
Why?

I did my research, and i was able to arrive at a value of N25.00 for FBN. I am currently buying it at any price below N20.00.

I have owned the stock since 1999, and i have a policy of reinvesting my dividend and increasing my holdings on a yearly basis.

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by blocker: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Anybody on this forum who doesn't believe in the opportunities inherent in some Nigerian Stocks might not be knowledgeable in the many rules governing investments. The major thing here is to know why you are buying in the first place, could it be for capital gains or because of dividend payments. I have seen many cases (even in the bearish era (2008-2012) where investors have turned over stock several times (i.e.)buying 1,000,000 units at N650,000 of an insurance company's stock at 65 kobo per share in June last year only to sell it at N1.15 or N1,150,000 (excluding dividend)after 11 months and he added N50,000 extra to buy two plots of land last week. As for retirement stocks I will go for Dangote Cement (most capitalized firm on the exchange especially as their dividend is up to N3 per unit, mobil plc's dividend averages N7 annually, total's dividend declared is N8. If I retire today and my pension and savings earmarked for mobil is N15.9 million naira only (or 100,000 units ) then my dividend expectation (outside bonus or rights issues) would be 8 X 100,000 unit equaling N800,000. The best part is that even when the prices fall if I have more money to spare I buy more knowing that fall in price does not dictate dividend but profit does. So keep a close watch on your portfolio guys and adjust accordingly because I don't see why my money needed later and not immediately should remain in idle bank accounts creating money for the banks instead of the owner. But if your expertise is not in finance neither are your a stockbroker who can understand the fundamentals of the market nor the firm he has interest in then the best thing is to seek one who can help. Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by Seun(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
manie: I did my research, and i was able to arrive at a value of N25.00 for FBN. I am currently buying it at any price below N20.00.
I think your margin of safety is too low. What if your estimate of the price is off by 20%? Then you could end up with a loss after fees.
Re: Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? by obilokechukwu(m): 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
please let me show you, how trade stock market successfully, follows me up

(1) (2) (Reply)

2million Naira, But No Business Ideas / Have You Wondered How You Can Make Money With Cryptos? You're In Luck!! / From The Very First Day I Started Betting,i Stopped Having Peace Of Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.