Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65150 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 9:50am On Feb 18, 2013
omo_to_dun:

I am sorry I didn't answer in time; I just saw this. Of course, if you have the power to completely and organically create something then you are not under any moral obligation to preserve it.

Good, you agree that God is under absolutely no moral obligation to preserve his creation.

However, according to the Bible, God created us so that we may live eternally on earth---in the garden of Eden---that we may be fruitful, and then multiply. God also said that His original plan for us was not death. God took it upon Himself to create us and also to protect us. If God had said, "Ok, I don't give a shiit about you guys. Just live your lives." I would be OK with that because He wouldn't be an hypocrite.
You have just made a moral judgment on how God ought to treat His creation. Remember that you agree that God is under no moral obligation as regards how he treats His property created entirely by Him. You cannot have it both ways.

However, the Bible said that God knows all. Ergo, He knew that His original plan would fail before He implemented it, yet He still went ahead with it. Instead of protecting all His creations, He favored the Israelites and called them His people, as if others do not exist. It is dishonest to call God omnipotent, pure, caring, and loving when He cannot even create perfect humans. After all, imperfection breeds imperfection. Also, do not forget that He regretted creating us. And this is a so-called omnipotent being.
This is refers to God's omniscience. However, an interesting topic as it is, it has no bearing as regards a person's right to treat his/her creation in the way he/she deems best for his/her purposes
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 9:53am On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
Funny enough, I know nothing about the evolution story, save for a few chimps and spaciation...

science didnt turn me away from christianity. Critical thinking and my sense of right and wrong did. If you want a science argument, sorry I have nothing to offer.. I'm not one..
Lol, it was precisely the bolded that turned me to Christ. So would you mind telling us exactly what is wrong with Christianity?

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ceejayluv(m): 9:57am On Feb 18, 2013
Olastep1: A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART "THERE IS NO GOD"

Denying the existence of God is like denying you woke up today due to the numerous nightmares you had.
I'v read most of you athiest posts and i could observe you're all frustrated fellows who is waiting for ignorant kids to entice.

The God of host is the King of kings; The Prince of Peace; I AM THAT I AM; Elshada; Emmanuel; Omniscience; Omninipotent; Jehovah Jareeh; Almighty God; Lion of Judah; The Healer; The Mighty Warrior; My Sherperd; The Ancient God.

HE commands the sea. The sun melts at his voice. The heart of the earthly kings is in his hand. He is the same today, yesterday and forever. He is the Father to the fatherless and motherless. He is my Provider. What a Loving and Merciful GOD!. He gives Joy to the sorrowful. I SO MUCH LOVE THIS GOD. Nothing can change His position in my Life.

c'mon, my brother, that my Saviour and Lord. HE is calling you. He's knocking @ the door of your heart. Please, open the door. Dont let science change you.

Science will come and go. Nothing is permanent EXCEPT GOD!.

He loves you. Renounce those paraniod beliefs. He realy loves you. He will always exist in our lives. Dont be frustrated at the end of your journey on earth. Accept him now

PEACE
Olastep
PROPAGANDA
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2013
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, it was precisely the bolded that turned me to Christ. So would you mind telling us exactly what is wrong with Christianity?
Lol, same tools, different outputs...

What's wrong with Christianity? The Bible..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2013
Billyonaire: This is deeper than deep. I guess when we start delving into deeper researches we will understand that we are being watched and nurtured by team of elite Beings, our elder brothers, far more scientific than we are.

There are some things happening around us that we as humans are blind and deaf to. It goes beyond all religion, all things as we know it.

As this poster said, it is deep, deeper than deep, beyond deepest. I'm sure this poster is just being wise in choosing his words.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by jayriginal: 10:13am On Feb 18, 2013
Enigma:
. . .immorality is a natural and logical corrolary of atheism.

smiley

Oh lawd.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vanstanzy(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2013
Billyonaire: Yes, Believing is a gift, true, but for many, believing is like accepting things 'as is'. There is need to go beyond belief to knowledge. People need to 'know' not 'believe', its powerful to 'know' that there is God, Atheists are great people to be with cos they will question belief, but advancing from Atheism to understanding not just knowing or believing, is beautiful. I have come to understand what God means, not what God just 'is'. Its startling to understand what we call God. Its more than Science, its beyond the mind games we call Religion also.

"John 20:29-blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Science in itself has tried in everyway possible to understand the force behind "The Big Ba*ng Theory"

and most scientists who earlier were atheists after so experiments, theories and counter-theories, came to the

conclusion that a much higher force existed, God.

Athiests claim they need to know before they believe, its synonymous to seeing before they believe, well i see nothing

wrong in that. When the time comes for them to believe, they shall receive a revelation like St. Paul did when he was

yet called Saul.

MODs' why is ur system modifying Ba*ng in my comment na. Its a world-wide theory, and not mine.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MissOpe(f): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2013
Bandy10: Atheists are not living a double standard as you claim.They cannot come out in our society just like homosexuals cannot.This has to do on the society that we find ourselves.This society is hostile towards atheists.You will be killed in certain parts of the country if it is found out that you are an atheist.I have known people who are disowned by family and friends because there are not believers in god.The best thinng in this context is to remain silent.
I am happy you did not claim that the 9/11 attacks were caused by atheism but by religious believes of some fanatics.You asked what did atheists do to the attacks?Same question I will put back to you.What did the xtian religion do to the attacks? The attacks bring to fore that religious can do senseless things in name of their religion.
You asked a question that how many times have atheists go to Muslim counties to debate? Good question.I will only answer that if you tell me how many times Pastor Adeboye,pastor Chris,pastor Oyedepo have come to Maiduguri,Yobe,Zamfara to preach? Talk less of going to Iran,Afghanistan to preach.What stops them from having their branches in places like Kabul,Tehran etc? If you can why then I will tell you why atheists don go to theses places either. For your information atheists had been interviewed on Aljazeera. Sir David Frost interviewed Richard Dawking in January on religion and science.
On why atheists don't talk about Islam,most atheists were born xtians just like me.I can only talk on something that I know of.For eg I know that Jesus is a sun god.No differnce between his history and that of Horus,Mithra,Krishna,Budha etc.

Question: why are atheists not bold enof to identify themselves as atheist...
Answer.: Most of them are afraid of death and subconciously tink dat there's a God who will punish dem for leading people astray on earth.......

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by uchay01: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Hey everyone, been reading the comments all morning, and I have to say, I'm pretty ecstatic that there are Nigerians who willingly identify as atheists. I'm yet to see any Logical arugument on this thread in favour of this god- fellow you theists so galantly defend. Here's a simple question: Can you please name an attribute of your preferred deity that makes it distinguishable from the nonexistent?.....don't worry, ill wait.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2013
omo_to_dun: Mr. Anony I made a judgement based on His PROMISES. Did you even read what I wrote? Like I said, if God didn't promise anything, I wouldn't expect anything!
I read what you wrote. But then you miss my point which is that even if God broke a promise to you (and He doesn't) it wouldn't still make Him evil because He is under no moral obligation to make promises to you in the first place.

I would expect a perfect God to create perfect beings. Our imperfections stem from the imperfections of God since He is the creator of all. God promised us eternal life without suffering.
I hope you do realize that for God to make you morally perfect, He will have to take away your ability to choose evil and as a result your ability to choose good will go as well because even though you will be doing "good stuff", it wouldn't be your choice. Essentially what you are demanding is that God should take away your freewill.

For God so loved the world....do you remember that? The Bible keeps saying that God loves His children, but His actions contradict that. That is what I have issues with.
The full verse is: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believed in Him will not perish but have eternal life". (John 3:16)

Apparently, God has shown His love by giving you His Son which is your key to eternal life. I find it funny that you should reject God's gift of eternal life and yet accuse Him of hypocrisy for not delivering the eternal life He promised. Would you prefer that God forced eternal life upon you against your will?

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, same tools, different outputs...

What's wrong with Christianity? The Bible..
Lol really? What is wrong with the bible?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ckkris: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2013
toba: what kinda explanation(s) do u need? do u consider those verses meaningless?

I'm coming, still on page 5. This Ezekiel you're citing runs in my blood, makes me healthier and happier than you.

JESUS OF NAZARETH IS MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL.

Tell your white humanist hitlers that they cannot deceive us again. We now have the Bible, with its tranforming Power, in our native language, as on that glorious PENTICOST day.

G L O R Y !

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol really? What is wrong with the bible?
Take time to dwell on why you think the quran is wrong.. I think you'll find the answers you seek...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2013
I think this thread was in bad taste. Why all this fighting.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by baberedefined: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2013
I'm sorry for all the fools that say there is no God. Its a pity u ll know the truth in the hardest way dt could ever be, on the last day( don't wori its almost here)if you don't turn from your ways back to ur Creator.nd for my fellow christians, don't cast ur pearls to swines, dey ll jes rub it in d mud n destroy it.you shld not argue with this ppl cos flesh nd blood can never help them, instead put them to God in prayers and the Living God we serve, who turned saul to paul the apostle, will bring them back to him. Don't fight for God, he knws how to fight his battles...

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by dotcomnamename: 11:22am On Feb 18, 2013
[size=14pt]Dear ifeness, Logicboy03, omo_to_dun, codeaddict, cyrexx, poopli, ooman, manmustwac, Bandy10,

May God forgive you. If you're old and die today, with all these your believe even statements alone against God, as an atheist, where do you think you're going if you die? Pls answer.

Please answer the below questions

You can share the questions among you so called atheist one by one

PLEASE NOTE, if you leave any of these question unanswered, then you're a korokoro original COWARD as an atheist.

Who controls homeostasis?

Who controls the functioning of your body cells?

When you don't believe in existence of God almighty,why you the atheist have not yet find the solution or remedy of death?

As an atheist, why Science and Nature cannot explain their own origin?

Who created the thing that created the Big Bang !?

Please don't just give me conjecture basic on evolution theory because that's what you so called atheist rely on !

Do you believe free will to be illusory? If so, can the punishment of crimes be ethically justified (and does the word “ethical” have any real meaning)?

Does objective morality exist? If so, what is its source…and how do you define “objective”? If not, do you concede that concepts like “justice”, “fairness”, and “equality” are nothing more than social fads, and that acts of violence and oppression must be regarded merely as differences of opinion?

In what terms do you define the value of human life? Is the life of a human child more or less valuable?

Much attention has been given to alleged cognitive biases and “wishful thinking” contributing to religious belief. Do you believe that similar biases (for example, the desire for moral autonomy) play a role in religious nonbelief? If not, what specifically makes atheism immune to these influences?

Do you believe religion (speaking generally) has had a net positive or a net negative effect on humanity.? how do you explain the prevalence of religion in evolutionary terms?

Is it rational for you to risk your life to save a stranger?

How would you begin to follow Jesus if it became clear to you that Christianity was true?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by oobim(m): 11:25am On Feb 18, 2013
my faith in God just grew stronger.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by begwong: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2013
o.obim:
my faith in God just grew stronger.
Infinitum likes.... grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by frevangel(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2013
1Co 2:7 We speak of God's hidden and mysterious wisdom that God decided to use for our glory long before the world began.
1Co 2:8 The rulers of this world didn't know anything about this wisdom. If they had known about it, they would not have nailed the glorious Lord to a cross.
1Co 2:9 But it is just as the Scriptures say, "What God has planned for people who love him is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard. It has never even entered our minds!"
1Co 2:10 God's Spirit has shown you everything. His Spirit finds out everything, even what is deep in the mind of God.
1Co 2:11 You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind.
1Co 2:12 But God has given us his Spirit. That's why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. That's also why we can recognize the blessings that God has given us.
1Co 2:13 Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people.
1Co 2:14 That's why only someone who has God's Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn't have God's Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.

2Co 4:3 If there is anything hidden about our message, it is hidden only to someone who is lost.
2Co 4:4 The god who rules this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers. They cannot see the light, which is the good news about our glorious Christ, who shows what God is like.
2Co 4:5 We are not preaching about ourselves. Our message is that Jesus Christ is Lord. He also sent us to be your servants.
2Co 4:6 The Scriptures say, "God commanded light to shine in the dark." Now God is shining in our hearts to let you know that his glory is seen in Jesus Christ.
2Co 4:7 We are like clay jars in which this treasure is stored. The real power comes from God and not from us.
It's just amazing that no matter how hard atheists, unbelievers and pagans try, they just seem to fulfill the scriptures.

I encourage Believers to hold unto that which you have received, never let it slip away, the devil is out to blind many. This is a call to dig deeper into the Word of God from the bible and have a closer relationship with the Holy Spirit.
If you were an unbeliever and now saved, you probably know where these unbelievers are talking from. It shouldn't surprise you, these are the last days. Pray more for unbelievers, show them love the more, make deliberate effort to become a better Christian, that's the guarantee you will never fall!

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2013
musKeeto:
Take time to dwell on why you think the quran is wrong.. I think you'll find the answers you seek...
Lol, this would have made sense if the bible and the quran were the same book. Unfortunately they are not.

I find it a bit weird that rather than you pointing out precisely what you think is wrong with a particular worldview, you would rather equate two different worldviews to each other. If this is the "critical thinking" that you did, then I'm afraid it is faulty

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by chukkynwob(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, this would have made sense if the bible and the quran were the same book. Unfortunately they are not.

I find it a bit weird that rather than you pointing out precisely what you think is wrong with a particular worldview, you would rather equate two different worldviews to each other. If this is the "critical thinking" that you did, then I'm afraid it is faulty

The way you argue Mr.Anony is absolutely phenomenal...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
chukkynwob:

The way you argue Mr.Anony is absolutely phenomenal...
Lol thanks, ....by the way, I call it simple logic but they call it "anonyism" when they seek to escape logic by means of mockery.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by okelade(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
being an atheist itself is a form of spirituality.how can u beleive life came from lifelesness(big b.an.g) and claim there is no creator?to whom do all laws of nature hold?how can a self sufficient planet exist in a wasteland called universe?chance?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Mr_Anony if I may . . . .

Mr_Anony:
I read what you wrote. But then you miss my point which is that even if God broke a promise to you (and He doesn't) it wouldn't still make Him evil because He is under no moral obligation to make promises to you in the first place.

If he breaks his promises, then at the very least, the is being immoral because the could have fulfilled the promise but chose not to do so. Even if he had no obligation to do it, once he made the promise, as a moral being, he becomes bound by it.

Mr_Anony:
I hope you do realize that for God to make you morally perfect, He will have to take away your ability to choose evil and as a result your ability to choose good will go as well because even though you will be doing "good stuff", it wouldn't be your choice. Essentially what you are demanding is that God should take away your freewill.

I personally have no problem with that because if he could make heaven with freewill and an absence of evil, surely he could do the same here on earth. Or is it that there is no freewill in Heaven? Or that people still sin in Heaven?

Mr_Anony:
The full verse is: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believed in Him will not perish but have eternal life". (John 3:16)

Apparently, God has shown His love by giving you His Son which is your key to eternal life. I find it funny that you should reject God's gift of eternal life and yet accuse Him of hypocrisy for not delivering the eternal life He promised. Would you prefer that God forced eternal life upon you against your will?

Several points here.

1. He could have given humans eternal life without the pointless death of Jesus.
2. Jesus' death wasn't that much of a sacrifice given his foreknowledge and the personal outcome to him. Many people have sacrificed much more than Jesus did for much fewer people.
3. Based on that passage, God is supposed to love the world. Yet he sits back and allows diarrhoea to wipe out helpless children. I don't think that shows love to humans.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
It is irresponsible to not acknowledge that life as we know it has essence. God has been misdefined by religion and atheist breeds on the weak points of religion to disown the existence of deities and Deity, I blame atheism for its folly not to meander to the points of the a subject matter without seeking to egostistically put down religion; If religion truly mis-defined God, does it necessarily mean there is a lack of higher power, advanced intelligence beyond the realm of third dimension, are there doubts of existence of elite energy beings that formed this magnetosphere ? What can we say about the gigantic magnet at the core of Earth with a replica but of opposite polarity in the core of the sun ? Who put them there ? What of WiTricity's existence in Nature and Earth as subject of magnetic energy ? What of the Bermuda Triangle where third dimensional objects are shifted into 3rd+ dimension via the ionic gateway. The more I research even at the top of scientific discoveries even on the black holes and Galaxies, the little I understand we humans know. Till date, our human scientists are yet to discover how Egyptian Pyramids where built, but I am here to burst the bubble and let you know there truth. Atheism is a bus stop, dont stop there. There are higher powers, more advanced scientific beings in human parlance. Out there, science and esoteric-ism is one subject but there we separated them, it is the bane of our ignorance as humans.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Classic. Your argument would make sense if we were referring to just the contents of these books. You know better. It's the instrument (faith) by which both books claim to point adherents to different gods..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
fr_evangel:

I was raised a Christian, got saved though, 13years back, have been a diligent student of the bible since then and a preacher/evangelist since then. Point 1 and 2 are true and i can show you from the word of God. Anyway, I knew some Christians didn't even know not mentioning Atheists.

Oya drop the verses sharply and talk wetin go make sense...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Miss Ope:

Question: why are atheists not bold enof to identify themselves as atheist...
Answer.: Most of them are afraid of death and subconciously tink dat there's a God who will punish dem for leading people astray on earth.......
Err.....Why should I be afraid of a god's punishment I dont believe in??......Smfh.....you should be more afraid of hell...Miss.....#nuff said
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
thehomer: @Mr_Anony if I may . . . .
Of course you may

If he breaks his promises, then at the very least, the is being immoral because the could have fulfilled the promise but chose not to do so. Even if he had no obligation to do it, once he made the promise, as a moral being, he becomes bound by it.
And what moral obligation requires this? What you have done here is propose a moral law higher than it's law giver. What is this moral law based upon? If God by definition is the highest possible being, then there cannot possibly be a higher moral law which He is subject to.

I personally have no problem with that because if he could make heaven with freewill and an absence of evil, surely he could do the same here on earth. Or is it that there is no freewill in Heaven? Or that people still sin in Heaven?
Well, I believe it is possible to sin in heaven else the devil wouldn't have been able to sin. Will people still sin in heaven? I don't suppose so because they would have yielded to the influence of the Holy Spirit else they won't have made it to Heaven in the first place. Sin would be totally unnatural to them.

Several points here.

1. He could have given humans eternal life without the pointless death of Jesus.
2. Jesus' death wasn't that much of a sacrifice given his foreknowledge and the personal outcome to him. Many people have sacrificed much more than Jesus did for much fewer people.
3. Based on that passage, God is supposed to love the world. Yet he sits back and allows diarrhoea to wipe out helpless children. I don't think that shows love to humans.
1. The death of Christ is not pointless. What makes you think that it is?
2. Jesus coming as a man alone was a huge sacrifice in itself talk less of His death and resurrection
3. If God created life and has the ability to take it and give it back as many times as He wishes, then you should know that death is not a tragedy to Him since it is not irrevocable.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=14pt]Dear ifeness, Logicboy03, omo_to_dun, codeaddict, cyrexx, poopli, ooman, manmustwac, Bandy10,

May God forgive you. If you're old and die today, with all these your believe even statements alone against God, as an atheist, where do you think you're going if you die? Pls answer.

Please answer the below questions

You can share the questions among you so called atheist one by one

PLEASE NOTE, if you leave any of these question unanswered, then you're a korokoro original COWARD as an atheist.

Who controls homeostasis?

Who controls the functioning of your body cells?

When you don't believe in existence of God almighty,why you the atheist have not yet find the solution or remedy of death?

As an atheist, why Science and Nature cannot explain their own origin?

Who created the thing that created the Big Bang !?

Please don't just give me conjecture basic on evolution theory because that's what you so called atheist rely on !

Do you believe free will to be illusory? If so, can the punishment of crimes be ethically justified (and does the word “ethical” have any real meaning)?

Does objective morality exist? If so, what is its source…and how do you define “objective”? If not, do you concede that concepts like “justice”, “fairness”, and “equality” are nothing more than social fads, and that acts of violence and oppression must be regarded merely as differences of opinion?

In what terms do you define the value of human life? Is the life of a human child more or less valuable?

Much attention has been given to alleged cognitive biases and “wishful thinking” contributing to religious belief. Do you believe that similar biases (for example, the desire for moral autonomy) play a role in religious nonbelief? If not, what specifically makes atheism immune to these influences?

Do you believe religion (speaking generally) has had a net positive or a net negative effect on humanity.? how do you explain the prevalence of religion in evolutionary terms?

Is it rational for you to risk your life to save a stranger?

How would you begin to follow Jesus if it became clear to you that Christianity was true?
[/size]

The above bolded just shows the level of physical and intellectual intellectual ignorance of the OP

No Offense
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by dotcomnamename: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
mkmyers45:

The above bolded just shows the level of physical and intellectual intellectual ignorance of the OP

No Offense

See another suleman, simply mumu

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (79) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie Uses Limousine For His Awareness Rally In Port-Harcourt (Pics) / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos) / 50 Most Powerful Pastors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.