Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65084 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
...Lol, and what exactly is your approval worth?

Wassap Anony smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto: Toba, vedaxcool, ifeness on one thread.. Lol..
Celebration of ignorance....

Cowardice on an anonymous forum with anonymous ids? Lol...

Have a great week, guys....
There is a world difference between cowardice and tact. You of all people ought to know that.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Btw, the Christian God hates the sin and the sinner. To believe otherwise is to give credence to ifeness theories..

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony: There is a world difference between cowardice and tact. You of all people ought to know that.

So, are you agreeing that the op is quite brain dead in claiming that atheists are cowards for not being open in NigeriA?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto: Btw, the Christian God hates the sin and the sinner. To believe otherwise is to give credence to ifeness theories..
There is no such thing as the "christian God" there is just God.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Are you saying that Allah doesnt exist?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
One fellow suggests that the reason for the cowardice of the evangelical atheists is to avoid conflict among family. But of course atheist morality does not extend to respecting other people and their faiths ---- and avoiding conflict even in an online forum.

Typical evangelical atheist duplicity. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Cowardice or tact test number 1: Go post this in the Muslim section.. Along with your personal details

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: One fellow suggests that the reason for the cowardice of the evangelical atheists is to avoid conflict among family. But of course atheist morality does not extend to respecting other people and their faiths ---- and avoiding conflict even in an online forum.

Typical evangelical atheist duplicity. smiley

lol....when Enigma can espouse his christainity in the north or go to the islam sectiona and open threads, then he can talk
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
[quote author=Mr_Anony]
There is no such thing as the "christian God" there is just God.[/

The christian god is an anthropomorphous being,only the wise knows that.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
The god that walked the the garden? Even had sex with mary? I am sorry to say you are wrong Anony
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....when Enigma can espouse his christainity in the north or go to the islam sectiona and open threads, then he can talk

As if his own faith extends to respecting other people and their faiths. . . .He believes in the writings of deluded men that claim if you do not believe in their mythical stories you are condemned already and calls others fools for not believing in their god hypothesis. . .Yet he still comes here and talk about duplicity. . .I laugh in koine greek. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

So, are you agreeing that the op is quite brain dead in claiming that atheists are cowards for not being open in NigeriA?
I was responding to muskeeto as regards vedaxcool's last comment. I thought he was insinuating cowardice on the part of vedaxcool.

As for the op, No I don't think he is brain dead and besides, I quite agree with him especially as regards you in particular. I have often told you that you exaggerate the so-called "atheist discrimination". From where I stand, it appears to me that you are merely playing the martyr.

I see no real discrimination of atheists in Nigeria. I also didn't see any significant discrimination towards me when I was an atheist. At the very worst I got called names like "demon possessed". I didn't even get as much insults then as I get now from atheists on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
Cowardice or tact test number 1: Go post this in the Muslim section.. Along with your personal details
That will be a tactless thing to do on my part but it is not a cowardly thing not to do it.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I was respondind to muskeeto as regards vedaxcool's last comment. I thought he was insinuating cowardice on the part of vedaxcool.

As for the op, No I don't think he is brain dead and besides, I quite agree with him especially as regards you in particular. I have often told you that you exaggerate the so-called "atheist discrimination". From where I stand, it appears to me that you are merely playing the martyr.

I see no real discrimination of atheists in Nigeria. I also didn't see any significant discrimination towards me when I was an atheist. At the very worst I got called names like "demon possessed". I didn't even get as much insults then as I get now from atheists on this forum.

This is completely false. . .We can put your statement to test. . .If a person comes out and declares that he is an atheist will such a person ever be allowed to hold a political office in Nigeria?. . .We all know what the answer to the question is. . .I have seen a few atheist in Nigeria and I always personally feel they made a mistake for not telling people that they were atheist. . .You need to see how adherents of the Grail message are been treated talk more of atheist. . .You can be killed for openly declaring your atheism in Nigeria and that is a fact. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you saying that Allah doesnt exist?
There is no such thing as the "muslim God", there is just God.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:

False, there are various gods and goddesses. . .Shiva,Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Alpala etc. . . .There is the muslim god the one founded by mohammed and his cronies about 1400 years ago. . .He is not your Jesus. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:

The same god who gave the ten commandments? You joking!

I love it when the christians avoid me.....i must be hitting them very hard.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I was responding to muskeeto as regards vedaxcool's last comment. I thought he was insinuating cowardice on the part of vedaxcool.

Compare how many people get killed in Nigeria ---- for being Christians. sad

It was in that same Nigeria that Tai Solarin who was very very very well and clearly known to be an atheist was appointed to a political office. wink

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

False, there are various gods and goddesses. . .Shiva,Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Alpala etc. . . .There is the muslim god the one founded by mohammed and his cronies about 1400 years ago. . .He is not your Jesus. . .

Nice! Including the ones who destroyed the tower of babel etc.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
A country where people are more likely to get jobs based on the religious beliefs of the interviewer?

This isn't about insults, cos in Nigeria, all it takes is to step out of line a bit, and insults will be heaped upon you..

What atheists say: I don't believe in God.

What most religious Nigerians hear: I sleep with the devil.

As a Christian has earlier stated, most wouldn't mind if the individual was of a higher social status in the society, but when you happen to be like every Onome, Okeke and Nnamdi.... Then it becomes a big problem...

Plaetton's thread on Adeboye sometime back should serve as credible evidence for this. Most of you Christians here will be ashamed of most of the posts here, and Plaetton's thread wasn't even a criticism of Jesus/God but one of his so called apostles.

On one of the frontpage threads today, some posters were shocked to find out there are atheists on this forum. Most Nigerians believe there are only two religions, both enemies to the death..

To accuse Lb of cowardice.. Well.. It's a davidylan thread... Lol..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

Compare how many people get killed in Nigeria ---- for being Christians. sad

It was in that same Nigeria that Tai Solarin who was very very very well and clearly known to be an atheist was appointed to a political office. wink

smiley
Consider that if a bomb's dropped on any Nigerian city today, less than 1 percent of the victims would be atheists...

And Tai Solarin was appointed because he was an atheist?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

This is completely false. . .We can put your statement to test. . .If a person comes out and declares that he is an atheist will such a person ever be allowed to hold a political office in Nigeria?. . .We all know what the answer to the question is. . .

Political offices are won by votes not religious belief. It is not that the person was not allowed to hold office, it is just that the voters chose to vote someone who shares similar beliefs as them....but then maybe I'm wrong in which case I wouldn't mind if you gave us an example of a person who was disqualified from holding a political office on the grounds of his/her atheism.

mazaje: I have seen a few atheist in Nigeria and I always personally feel they made a mistake for not telling people that they were atheist. . .You need to see how adherents of the Grail message are been treated talk more of atheist. . .You can be killed for openly declaring your atheism in Nigeria and that is a fact. . .
Please cite a few instances
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
I will indulge you this once since I'm already making a number of exceptions today. smiley

musKeeto:
Consider that if a bomb's dropped on any Nigerian city today, less than 1 percent of the victims would be atheists...

And that is the same as bombs dropped on churches; Christians deliberately targeted for murder?

musKeeto: And Tai Solarin was appointed because he was an atheist?

Who said Solarin was appointed because he was an atheist?

Are you unable to follow a simple argument? People said an atheist cannot be appointed to political office in Nigeria; I simply pointed out that it has in fact happened before . . . . Pretty easy to follow argument, I would have thought. smiley

cool

Edit I use 'political office' to include not just elective but also appointive office.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

If you believe this to be true then that's just too bad.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

The same god who gave the ten commandments? You joking!

I love it when the christians avoid me.....i must be hitting them very hard.
Not neccesarily....some of us are just busy shaking our heads in pity for whatever IQ you have left.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: I will indulge you this once since I'm already making a number of exceptions today. smiley

My apologies, then.. I probably missed the posts you were referring to.

Social status helps though, and in a country where most are won over by 'packaging', it would be fair to say that any politician who comes out as an 'atheist' has little to no hope of winning no matter how attractive his resume may be...

Although this thread I believe holds false hope... www.nairaland.com/1087081/vote-atheist-election
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Not neccesarily....some of us are just busy shaking our heads in pity for whatever IQ you have left.

Can you explain what you meant by that?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness:

Can you explain what you meant by that?
I meant that the quality of your arguments are often too poor to deserve serious responses
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I meant that the quality of your arguments are often too poor to deserve serious responses

Give me an example
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto:
My apologies, then.. I probably missed the posts you were referring to.

Social status helps though, and in a country where most are won over by 'packaging', it would be fair to say that any politician who comes out as an 'atheist' has little to no hope of winning no matter how attractive his resume may be...

Although this thread I believe holds false hope... www.nairaland.com/1087081/vote-atheist-election

And in the UK where some of us live (at least most of the time presently), the atheists "run things".

Your chances in politics, sciences, maybe academia generally etc are far far far more likely to be affected negatively if you come out as a Christian, Moslem or person of faith generally. They are not negatively affected and in general are even more likely to be positively affected if you are an atheist or "irreligious".

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

And in the UK where some of us live (at least most of the time presently), the atheists "run things".

Your chances in politics, sciences, maybe academia generally etc are far far far more likely to be affected negatively if you come out as a Christian, Moslem or person of faith generally. They are not negatively affected and in general are even more likely to be positively affected if you are an atheist or "irreligious".

smiley
And we know which citizens would happily trade one for the other.. ;-)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (79) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits / Apostle Suleman Arrives Washington D.C In Style Amid Sex Scandal. Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.