Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... (20286 Views)

Animals! Super Animals! / 11 Animals With Violent Sex Lives / 5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Show me a naija man that is half as good as any of those animals, and I will post a kodak moment from heaven.

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
kmcutez: Show me a naija man that is better than any of those animals, and I will post a kodak moment of heaven.
if u say no naija man is better than those animals definitely popcy e na lo better won niyen right. oponu.... how dear u compare animals with human being simply because we have we fins in common.... asiwere somebody

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Les: 8:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
oluface: if u say no naija man is better than those animals definitely popcy e na lo better won niyen right. oponu.... how dear u compare animals with human being simply because we have we fins in common.... asiwere somebody
i dont know why you replied her... SHE SIMPLY SPOKE OUT OF GUILTY CONSCIENCE... Tho she was correct in respect to "intimacy annihilates"
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by armyofone(m): 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
lol, help me ask grin
the meat cure aid or one kin ailment.
eat gorilla blokos and your AID will vamoose grin

Yoruba_Omoge: ^^^omoge, na which kain solace be that?
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Ivynwa(f): 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: LOSING YOUR BEST FRIEND

The bonds a human can form with a dog are deep, and research indicates that canines feel them too. Studies show that dogs can feel grief, especially after the loss of an owner. The pets will react to their emotions by not eating, sleeping more than
usual and generally being lethargic. Some dogs will also show a lack of acceptance that an owner has died, and will try to stay with him or her. This was seen with a dog that belonged to a slain Navy SEAL. The dog, Hawkeye, refused to leave the side of his owner's coffin during the funeral.

I was very touched by this incident when it was first reported. The teary eyes/sad look on the dog's face melted hearts then.

The mother dolphin and Gana the gorilla gave me that same feeling all over again. Animals do have beautiful tender warm feelings. Poor poor animals.

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Sike(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
[size=20]WoW!!![/size]
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
Pls mk una no turn me to vegetarian abeg.
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by YorubaOmoge: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
emmysenior: [size=18pt]Pls mk una no turn me to vegetarian abeg.[/size]

lmao grin

Somethings, I can't even touch the meat on my plate grin grin
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by searay(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ganys: ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

Wa tabaraka Lahu Ahzanu-u-l Khalikin

God Is Extremely Wonderful kiss cool
[b][/b]
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww that dog pic is so sad cry cry cry cry
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 23, 2013
Yes thats true,animals have emotions too because i remember when my female dog was seriously ill,matilda is her name.she had a kidney problem due to something she ate that we dont know.anyway we took her to d vet clinic but she didnt make it.so we brought her back home and buried her beside the car park in our compound.i noticed that her husband (the male dog) and her kids were with me throughout,standing beside matilda while i dug the ground.the male dog,(danny) eyes were filled with tears and he looked so sad,so when carrying matilda into the pit i dug for it,he was there licking her body (more like giving her a goodbye kiss) after the whole thing,danny and the younger dogs refused to leave that spot.they even refused the food and water i gave them.they sat there for like two days mourning matilda.i was so touched that i came to the conclusion that animals are better than some nigerians in the sense that nigerians will see a dead body on the road or street and pass by it without any ounce of emotion.the only people that stay and watch are those who want to do gbeborun and gossip and before you know it they have disappeared with the dead man's wallet in his pocket
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 23, 2013
Yes thats true,animals have emotions too because i remember when my female dog was seriously ill,matilda is her name.she had a kidney problem due to something she ate that we dont know.anyway we took her to d vet clinic but she didnt make it.so we brought her back home and buried her beside the car park in our compound.i noticed that her husband (the male dog) and her kids were with me throughout,standing beside matilda while i dug the ground.the male dog,(danny) eyes were filled with tears and he looked so sad,so when carrying matilda into the pit i dug for it,he was there licking her body (more like giving her a goodbye kiss) after the whole thing,danny and the younger dogs refused to leave that spot.they even refused the food and water i gave them.they sat there for like two days mourning matilda.i was so touched that i came to the conclusion that animals are better than some nigerians in the sense that nigerians will see a dead body on the road or street and pass by it without any ounce of emotion.the only people that stay and watch are those who want to do gbeborun and gossip.those ones will just stand in front of the corpse and watch.some beasts in human clothing self will take the corpse and disember the parts for ritual or disappear with the dead man's wallet in his pocket and leave d dead body
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by ThatNaijaGirl(f): 2:03am On Feb 23, 2013
kulyie: Yes thats true,animals have emotions too because i remember when my female dog was seriously ill,matilda is her name.she had a kidney problem due to something she ate that we dont know.anyway we took her to d vet clinic but she didnt make it.so we brought her back home and buried her beside the car park in our compound.i noticed that her husband (the male dog) and her kids were with me throughout,standing beside matilda while i dug the ground.the male dog,(danny) eyes were filled with tears and he looked so sad,so when carrying matilda into the pit i dug for it,he was there licking her body (more like giving her a goodbye kiss) after the whole thing,danny and the younger dogs refused to leave that spot.they even refused the food and water i gave them.they sat there for like two days mourning matilda.i was so touched that i came to the conclusion that animals are better than some nigerians in the sense that nigerians will see a dead body on the road or street and pass by it without any ounce of emotion.the only people that stay and watch are those who want to do gbeborun and gossip and before you know it they have disappeared with the dead man's wallet in his pocket
[color=#550000][/color] i'mm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo touched by your story
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by YorubaOmoge: 2:06am On Feb 23, 2013
kulyie: Yes thats true,animals have emotions too because i remember when my female dog was seriously ill,matilda is her name.she had a kidney problem due to something she ate that we dont know.anyway we took her to d vet clinic but she didnt make it.so we brought her back home and buried her beside the car park in our compound.i noticed that her husband (the male dog) and her kids were with me throughout,standing beside matilda while i dug the ground.the male dog,(danny) eyes were filled with tears and he looked so sad,so when carrying matilda into the pit i dug for it,he was there licking her body (more like giving her a goodbye kiss) after the whole thing,danny and the younger dogs refused to leave that spot.they even refused the food and water i gave them.they sat there for like two days mourning matilda.i was so touched that i came to the conclusion that animals are better than some nigerians in the sense that nigerians will see a dead body on the road or street and pass by it without any ounce of emotion.the only people that stay and watch are those who want to do gbeborun and gossip.those ones will just stand in front of the corpse and watch.some beasts in human clothing self will take the corpse and disember the parts for ritual or disappear with the dead man's wallet in his pocket and leave d dead body

awwwwww. cry May her soul RIP
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by richfaxy: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2013
Interesting Thread.

I watched a movie sometime back called Hachi: A dog's tale acted by Richard Gere

A drama based on the true story of a college professor's bond with the abandoned dog he takes into his home. The dog excorts the man to the train station in the morning and goes to welcome the man in the evening. When Richard Gere(professor) died of cerebral hemorrhage in the movie the dog refused to accept the death of the professor and kept going to the station in the evening anticipating the arrival of Professor.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/

I was moved by the movie and went to see if it was a true story

Then i found http://gimundo.com/news/article/hachiko-the-worlds-most-loyal-dog/

Hachikō
Hachikō, known in Japanese as chūken Hachikō, was an Akita dog born on a farm near the city of Ōdate, Akita Prefecture, remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, even many years after his owner's death.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

In 1924, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo, took in Hachikō, a golden brown Akita, as a pet. During his owner's life, Hachikō greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachikō was waiting. Every day for the next nine years the dog waited at Shibuya station.
Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. Initial reactions from the people, especially from those working at the station, were not necessarily friendly. However, after the first appearance of the article about him on October 4, 1932 in Asahi Shimbun, people started to bring Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait. This continued for nine years with Hachikō appearing precisely when the train was due at the station

Also

An incredibly dedicated dog refused to leave his master’s side, even when the man passed away six years ago. Since his owner’s death, Captain has refused to leave the man’s grave.

Captain, a German shepherd, ran away from home shortly after his owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006, reports The Daily Mail. When the family went to pay their respects a week later, they fount the heartbroken dog sitting by his owner’s grave, wailing in mourning.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/331051/dog-guards-deceased-owners-grave-for-six-years/#D681mm11SMwoWTud.99

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by richfaxy: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2013
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Ivynwa(f): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2013
richfaxy: You can read similar stories of mourning or faithful dogs on http://theweek.com/article/index/217815/the-phenomenon-of-grieving-dogs-the-ultimate-loyalty

That was awesome. I almost teared up after reading that and will find time to watch the video of the kindhearted dog that was dodging traffic whle pulling another dog off the road.

The story of Hachiko too is heart touching as well as heart rending. Blessed be Hachiko.grin and the other dog that was attending church alone after his/her owner who used to attend church with it passed away.
All these stories almost have me thinking that we humans are eating poor animals that have warm feelings of the heart. Chei! Na wa o.
When God gave Adam the power to dominate the earth, did he ask us to be eating animals. I dunno-o-o, Who knows?
I mean look at the story of that Gorilla Gana, if to say that man eats Gorilla just like we eat cow meat. How can a human being kill such a loving mother Gorilla Gana to eat. Jeez!
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2013
Awh...so touchin
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by austentero: 8:54am On Feb 23, 2013
ur story is quite educating. Tnks 4 d knowledge
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by violent(m): 12:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
An army dog which died of a broken heart hours after his handler was shot dead has been awarded the animal equivalent of the Victoria Cross.

Colleagues said army dog handler Liam Tasker was inseparable from his spaniel, Theo, and so it was to the end. When Lance Corporal Tasker was shot dead in southern Afghanistan, his dog survived the shooting only to suffer a fatal heart attack when it returned to the British base at Camp Bastion.

Tasker, 26, was on patrol north of Nahr-e-Saraj in Helmand province on Tuesday with the spaniel, which was trained to search for arms and explosives, when they were caught in gunfire. He died from his injuries.

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
Les: This threads don make me remember one ting like dat, "Intimacy annihilates", it's a pity dat some animals get affections more than that ting..... Nice thread op, i love it....tanks for d info. "intimacy annihilates" needs to read this in order to learn how to grow some affection!!!

[s]Mbok, Nl bear me witness o, i no call person name o[/s]

grin
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by idinc(m): 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
so on point OP,d oda day i killed a few houseflies out of their colony,den i watched wit pity and amazement as 1 noticin d dead ones flew 2 dem one afta d oda obviously bothered or mournin.i stl watched as it flew called up d 2 rest 2c d dead ones,and within a few seconds,dey were all ova d body of d deceased,prayin,cryin or sumtyn...I had goose pimples all ova,i was like,housefly As useless as dey appeared? I hope d boko guys learn frm dem
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Les: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

grin
hmmmm....... I would be suprised or unless we have a common foe if you know dat specie of nl animal i know as 'intimacy annihilates'

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by redsun(m): 1:24am On Feb 24, 2013
Apart from mourning,they have premonitions.They know when the time comes and make themselves scarce.I know this because we use to have cremonial cows that are left to rosm freely and uncommercialized,but only used for celebrations and ceremonies.

Whenever the time nears for the occassion and festivals,they hide.And even when one is finally caught and killed,the remaining herds mourns for days at night,headed by the alpha bull.
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by YorubaOmoge: 2:19am On Feb 24, 2013
redsun: Apart from mourning,they have premonitions.They know when the time comes and make themselves scarce.I know this because we use to have cremonial cows that are left to rosm freely and uncommercialized,but only used for celebrations and ceremonies.

Whenever the time nears for the occassion and festivals,they hide.And even when one is finally caught and killed,the remaining herds mourns for days at night,headed by the alpha bull.

Wow, I've never herd of this. Interesting.
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by redsun(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Wow, I've never herd of this. Interesting.

Alot of natural occurences happens in african villages and towns that people dont tend to notice or observe.They take them for granted by thinking think they are natural and inevitable,even when they dont understand them.

I am seeing them from a distance and appreciating,but while i was there and,it was just one of those thing

Cows are wild animals with complex social structure of their own that works in their favours.But because they been commercialized and "deanimalized" for mass slaughters,people just see them as common placid beef.
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
yea they do
i remember when i lost one of my dogs few years ago, the other one was so affected that he wouldn't eat whatever u gave him for almost a week
he was just staying on the same place at the balcony with this miserable look on his face, it was really sad sad
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 3:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Les: hmmmm....... I would be suprised or unless we have a common foe if you know dat specie of nl animal i know as 'intimacy annihilates'

lol i have NO BEEF with Killz.
He's actually one of my favorite NLders. kiss

always keeps it real with me..never partial. cool
sorry you two have issues. undecided
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 27, 2013
Warning: The video you are about to watch is advisable for some disturbing footage. You my watch at your own discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBLpMAEueY
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by Les: 6:27am On Feb 27, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

lol i have NO BEEF with Killz.
He's actually one of my favorite NLders. kiss

always keeps it real with me..never partial. cool
sorry you two have issues. undecided
many annoying peeps here but dat guy vex me directly, so? I gat serious beef wit him and i dont intend ending soon till ol my unnecessary bans expire........ Team anti-sexkillz cool
Re: Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do...... by YorubaOmoge: 6:29am On Feb 27, 2013
all4naija:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBLpMAEueY

Omg, very heart breaking and so so disgusting.

Chinese ppl are just very harsh in nature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / How To Fix PHED Prepaid Meter ‘rejected’ Error / Nigeria Zoo Probes Cash-eating Gorilla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.