Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? (1404 Views)

Beautiful Igbo Women / 9 Years Old Boy Renews Marriage Vows With 62 Years Old Woman- See Photos / Nigerian Women, The Most Beautiful In Africa?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by farous(m): 11:28am On Feb 18, 2013
From my own view about igbo married women,i begin to see them as the most tribe that honours marriage principles and ethics based on the following observations which is not common in some other tribes if i am not mistaken.

1.Comparing with other tribes,igbo women has low rate of divorce cases in Nigeria compare with other tribes. Here is it very difficult to see an Igbo married women seeking for divorce in a court of law or the woman to carry her belongings and come back to the family house in the name of divorce no matter the challenges they faced in such marriage.They believe once married,its for better for worse.

2.Comparing with other tribes,igbo married women are the most faithful with their husbands.Cases of married women sleeping arround with other men or have boyfriend apart from their husband is very low in igbo land,unlike other tribes.

3.Comparing with other tribes,igbo married women hardly remarry if their husband dies.They still prefer to keep the sanctity of the marriage even when they lost their husband and they will not even have a boyfriend or se.x partner,unlike other tribes who most of them hardly allow their husband to reach the grave yard and they will jump to another man and remarry.

Generraly,i think Igbo women have credit in this regard if i am not mistaken.The only tribe i dont know much and cannot give much information are the Hausa's.Comment please.
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by PATTIBAT10(m): 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Most definitely. I am from Akwa-Ibom State but my wife is from Abia State and I have being very happy till date. Your assumptions or theory is very correct. Igbo ladies respect their matrimonial homes and have very good upbringing. They are very conservative and well cultured. Unlike the Yoruba married ladies that sleep around like Local Dogs.
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by Mynd44: 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Tribalist.

smh
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by EzePromoe: 2:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Moved to Tribalism section tongue
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by farous(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is not meant to be tribalistic.I dont know when one bring out an important point and want to extract fact based on peoples opinion,some people will see it as as being tribalistic instead of making any reasonable comment to drive home a fact.If you dont know what to say,you simply read and ignore comment.Forget whether you are from so so tribe and see point to any topic that one can use and extract fact.I believe Nairaland is a big forum.
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
PATTIBAT10: Most definitely. I am from Akwa-Ibom State but my wife is from Abia State and I have being very happy till date. Your assumptions or theory is very correct. Igbo ladies respect their matrimonial homes and have very good upbringing. They are very conservative and well cultured. Unlike the Yoruba married ladies that sleep around like Local Dogs.
local dogs ? a bit harsh
both yoruba and igbo women respect their vows and ethics........its just based on the person.........i know both igbo and yoruba women who are in relationships or in a marriage and they still sleep with their bosses from work
stop being tribalistic it annoys me like hell
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by princewell: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
PATTIBAT10: Most definitely. I am from Akwa-Ibom State but my wife is from Abia State and I have being very happy till date. Your assumptions or theory is very correct. Igbo ladies respect their matrimonial homes and have very good upbringing. They are very conservative and well cultured. Unlike the Yoruba married ladies that sleep around like Local Dogs.
Oh boy, I support ur motion.
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by k2039: 2:47am On Feb 19, 2013
@Op, you will only be demonstrating slight foolishness to believe that fidelity is dependent on one's tribe or race.
Fidelity is a function of the the individual herself not tribe. As a matter of fact thaere are igbos who cheat and those who don't and same applies to all other tribes.
Re: Are Igbo Women The Most Tribe That Respects Marriage Vows And Ethics? by KateSpade(f): 2:51am On Feb 19, 2013
in my life I've found this to be true too

just kidding

bad women are everywhere, of every nationality, religion, race, age.

(1) (Reply)

To Ladies Only.. Special Romance Drugs In Town For Your Men.. / What are the trees doing ?? ( photo) / Today Is Sp.erm Appreciation Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.