Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (5395 Views)

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists / Why Is It Easier For Catholic Ladies To Marry Non Catholics And Not Vice Versa / Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

......because it wouldnt have made more sense to stop the eternal torture in the first place
This is like a man drowning in the sea and when God sends him a rescue boat, he rejects it and demands that God should dry up the sea instead. Well, God will not force the man into the boat against his will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Imitate christ abi? So you are not getting married? So any christian that commits a crime ceases to be a christian? See your poor philosophy?

Hitler was a christian, like it or not. Mtchew.

Carry your redefining Anonyism elsewhere
And Logicboy is a muslim like it or not

....since we are in the spirit of throwing unfounded claims about.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Everyone, look at the title.

Then look at anony's question

Yes we have looked at both of them and we are still waiting for your answer. What exactly do Christians lose?

....or are you perhaps insinuating from your title that a Christian loses by becoming an atheist. In that case atheism would be a loss.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
rhymz: do you mind telling us this escape route?
Did he have to be beaten, tortured and murdered by thesame people he was supposed to show this escape route. Whose plan was it? God's or Bros J?
Jesus Christ Himself is the escape route. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one gets saved unless they believe in Him.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by cyrexx: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
The point you miss being that the reason Jesus came was to provide an escape for those who were definitely heading towards eternal torture. If those people reject the escape route He has provided, then it is not His fault. Jesus will never force anyone out of hell and into heaven against their will

Just two questions for you
1.who created the eternal torture chamber called hell.
2. Does he have the power or not to remove people from the torture chamber.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
cyrexx:

Just two questions for you
1.who created the eternal torture chamber called hell.
2. Does he have the power or not to remove people from the torture chamber.
That's like saying;
1. Who created the kidnapper's dungeon called prisons
2. Does the same have the power to remove people from the prison

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by mazaje(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
This is like a man drowning in the sea and when God sends him a rescue boat, he rejects it and demands that God should dry up the sea instead. Well, God will not force the man into the boat against his will.

This analogy is not what is portrayed in the bible. . .According to the bible god threw every body into the sea and claims that you have to believe in him before he rescues you. . .The bible says those that do not believe in Jesus are condemned already. . .It also claims that all were created sinners and some were created for destruction already. . .God chooses what to do with people what ever he wants according to his will. . .Its funny how people like anony will always want to re-define everything or change the bible to make it look all good. . .That is the same thing that makes William Lane Craig say ridiculous and nonsensical things like he believes god did not inspire people to write all the nonsense in the OT and the people some how got it wrong bla bla bla(When he still claims that the bible is the irrefutable word of god) how dishonest can one be?. . .Always lying to themselves to protect ancient mythologies writen by ancient savages that believe menstruating women need to be segregated. . .
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

They have better standards of living and better healthcare and longer life expectancy.

No country is perfect but some are better on many indices

Thank God we're also making progress. We also thank God for people that loot our economy, stash the commonweal in whitemanland, assuming they can buy joy and happiness with stolen money. When the white begin to kick theirs a. s s, they will LEARN, by a knowledge based on experience, that RIGHTEOUSNESS is better, and that east or west, AKPU and EDIKANG IKONG is better than big mac, diabetes, et al.

I FULL GROUND.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
mazaje:

This analogy is not what is portrayed in the bible. . .According to the bible god threw every body into the sea and claims that you have to believe in him before he rescues you. . .The bible says those that do not believe in Jesus are condemned already. . .It also claims that some were created for destruction already. . .God chooses what to do with people what ever he wants according to his will. . .Its funny how people like anony will always want to re-define everything or change the bible to make it look all good. . .That is the same thing that makes William Lane Craig say ridiculous and nonsensical things like he believes god did not inspire people to write all the nonsense in the OT and the people some how got it wrong bla bla bla. . .Always lying to themselves to protect ancient mythologies writen by ancient savages that believe menstruating women need to be segregated. . .
Are you saying that God Himself brought sin into the world or that sin came as a result of man's actions?
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris: I have read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. And I own different editions, including the ones produced by godless enemies of Jehovah Elohim, by which they assume they can confuse me. Well, they end up exposing themselves as wolves in sheep skin.

I am now a Bible teacher. Now, what Jesus proclaimed on the cross is an uncanny fulfillment of Psalm 18. WONDERMENT. Doesn't that beggar your pride, to see a perfect fulfullment of prophecy, centuries after its proclamation. Mehn, its breathtaking, at least to honest humans.

Please leave Japan out this. They know how their lives were before they opened up to foreign influence. Then they sent their military officers to be trained in Birmarckian Germany. The rest, as you admit, is history.

But don't forget the trillion dollar fraud in godless Japan, the reason why no Govt survives one term.

If you actually read the bible and understood, u will notice God lied to his creations. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and didn’t die.

How can a perfect God state something that is not true? He either

A) knew they would not die… lying to them
B) didn’t know what would happen… meaning he isn’t all-knowing (perfect)
C) thought they would die… meaning he was (Gasp!) wrong

As an aside, an interesting point is that the serpent told the truth.

A further interesting aside is that I find no reference to Adam and Eve worshiping God. Talking with him yes. I’ll have to read that again and see what I find.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

If you actually read the bible and understood, u will notice God lied to his creations. Adam and Eve ate the fruit and didn’t die.

A further interesting aside is that I find no reference to Adam and Eve worshiping God. Talking with him yes. I’ll have to read that again and see what I find.
Oh no! Your understanding of the bible is terribly poor.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Oh no! Your understanding of the bible is terribly poor.

You know nothing Anony .....terrible life style of a typical christian. faith is belief without and against evidence and reason;coincidentally that’s also the definition of delusion.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by mazaje(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Are you saying that God Himself brought sin into the world or that sin came as a result of man's actions?

I am saying that you are not painting the real picture of what the bible is saying. . .According to the bible we were born with sin already. . .Even the Adam and Eve story is a very nonsensical story that shows how perverted the bible god is. . .It talks about god punishing Adam and Eve for disobeying him even when he knew they did NOT know the difference between right and wrong. It then goes to say that the whole of humanity is suffering as a result of the sin of Adam and Eve. .I was actually surprised that even the Jews that wrote the perverted story do not believe in original sin. . .Jews do not believe in original sin only christians and their twisted logic accept that nonsense. . .

If we are to reason logical and not accept mythology on face value, the story of how sin came into the world is completely nonsensical. . .To start with you can not complain or accuse some one of disobedience when it is clearly stated that the person does not know the difference between right and wrong. . .You need to know what right and wrong is before you talk of disobedience. . .

The bottom line is your analogy does not portray what is written in the bible. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

I have referrence of Adam and Eve worshipping God. If you can't find it, with all your big education, and money, that tells a lot.
P I T Y.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by cyrexx: 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
That's like saying;
1. Who created the kidnapper's dungeon called prisons
2. Does the same have the power to remove people from the prison

Okay,

A prison is clearly different from a torture chamber and you know this.

The purpose of prison is to punish offenders and probably rehabilitate them.
A sick freako who built a torture chamber to torture humans ETERNALLY simply for not being a Christian is definitely worse than Hitler.

My bad. Hitler is a real human being while the character of Jesus is just a legend built around a dead jew.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by mazaje(m): 2:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

You know nothing Anony .....terrible life style of a typical christian. faith is belief without and against evidence and reason;coincidentally that’s also the definition of delusion.

Anony will tell you you need spiritual eyes to discern the bible. . .But when another christain comes he will offer you his own interpretation that is completely different from his own. . .Even the Jews that wrote the OT and believe in it as their own scriptures do not believe in the original sin nonsense. . .
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

I have referrence of Adam and Eve worshipping God. If you can't find it, with all your big education, and money, that tells a lot.
P I T Y.

If you worship god because of fear and punishment,u are indeed a sorry state.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

Terrible life style of a typical christian? I beg your pardon! Are you describing yourself, or people like myself.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Terrible life style of a typical christian? I beg your pardon! Are you describing yourself, or people like myself.

Something is wrong with anyone who believes this bulllshhhittt!

None?
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
them
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God’s anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God’s anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man’s wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man’s wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God’s attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God’s attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4
There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

If you worship god because of fear and punishment,u are indeed a sorry state.

No, I worship God for this peace of mind in a place like Nigeria, among others, too numerous to recount. I will never be one of those running from pillar to post, in search of an illusion called satisfaction.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

No, I worship God for this peace of in a place like Nigeria, among others, too numerous to recount. I will never be one of those running from pillar to post, in search of an illusion called satisfaction.

You worship a 2faced god
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
I got more contradictions here in the bible

24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3
Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
Deut 23:7
27. Killing commanded
Ex 32:27
Killing forbidden
Ex 20:13
28. The blood-shedder must die
Gen 9:5,6
The blood-shedder must not die
Gen 4:15
29. The making of images forbidden
Ex 20:4
The making of images commanded
Ex 25:18,20
30. Slavery and oppression ordained
Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt 23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
Improvidence condemned
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eph 4:26
Anger disapproved
Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of men
Matt 6:1
34. Judging of others forbidden
Matt 7:1,2
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
Luke 12:4
Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
John 7:1
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved
Matt 6:5,6
38. Importunity in prayer commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8
39. The wearing of long hair by men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men condemned
1 Cor 11:14
40. Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2
41. The Sabbath instituted
Ex 20:8
The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because God rested on the seventh day
Ex 20:11
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
out of Egypt
Deut 5:15
43. No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Matt 28:19
Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
Deut 14:7,8
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/ Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden
Matt 5:34
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/ Heb 13:4
Marriage disapproved
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8
48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
Divorce restricted
Matt 5:32
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
Adultery allowed
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother’s widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother’s widow
Lev 20:21
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29
53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God’s ministers
and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
good and receive unto themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women’s rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women’s rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin
Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 2:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
mazaje:

Anony will tell you you need spiritual eyes to discern the bible. . .But when another christain comes he will offer you his own interpretation that is completely different from his own. . .Even the Jews that wrote the OT and believe in it as their own scriptures do not believe in the original sin nonsense. . .

Well, Mazaje or Masaje if you're Izala, you are sufficiently endowed to find out for yourself, whether the promises of God are true or not. The Jew or Christian has a life to live like anyone else.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
And Logicboy is a muslim like it or not

....since we are in the spirit of throwing unfounded claims about.

Anony's argument against "hitler was a christian";

"Logicboy is a muslim"

You are as foolish as they come. Htiler believed that he was doing Jesus christs work. Htiler referenced christs i his work and was celebrated by the church. But no, Logicboy who has never even one day entered a mosque or praised Allah is a muslim
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yes we have looked at both of them and we are still waiting for your answer. What exactly do Christians lose?

....or are you perhaps insinuating from your title that a Christian loses by becoming an atheist. In that case atheism would be a loss.

The fool finally catches up.

Atheism in that case (for a nairaland christian) is a loss of faith.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, on the one hand he begs people to argue on his thread and on the other hand the other hand he shies away from arguing by trying to shout them down. . . .and he wonders why folks don't take him seriously

At least a lot of folks have become atheist through him on nairaland. Where is your testimony? Has any atheist become a christian through you?
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
kmcutez:

At least a lot of folks have become atheist through him on nairaland. Where is your testimony? Has any atheist become a christian through you?

grin grin

He lives in denial. He was even trying to ignore the topic in order to push some garbage that I didnt make any point with my 5 reasons
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
ifeness:

You worship a 2faced god

Do you mean Janus? I worship Jehovah Elohim, The Most High, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, The Holy One of Israel, in the name of Jesus. Remember that Jehovah Elohim is One God, not three, Deuteronomy 6:4
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by scarred: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
rhymz: You must be mistaken me for one wanna-be NL Kid. Long before I joined NL I have always had problems reconciling biblical stories with historical facts and logic. I have even had problems with youth leaders in my parish over the way I question the irrationality of some of the church doctrines. I once got into trouble for openly condemning the worship of Mary and other statues in school-I went to a catholic school by the way, St Finbarr's College Akoka. So I did not start anything here I only found out I could openly discuss these issues here without risking mob attack and lynching from anyone like I have had to experience many times even as recent as during my Service year. I stayed in family house NACC but had serious problem over religious beliefs and doctrines with almost everyone else since they were all die hard catholics. I am not your average follow follow commentator here. You can even look up threads that I have created in the past on NL is religious issues, they are not your usual let's fight christian threads. I am not into that but I will use every opportunity I have here to puncture the christian claim to truth and eternity.
I have read both christian history from the church and outside the church to know better and argue from an informed point. I don't believe in mental restriction in the name of faith, that is a boring excuse to hide the truth. Besides, I never said I was an atheist, I just don't believe the christian bullcrap and all most all other religious hogwash. Organized religion is not my thing. Stop assuming, if you have questions you wanna ask me go ahead.

I was only trying to ascertain if your move from Theism to Atheism was sparked from dialogue on this thread. It was not my intention to insinuate anything else. If you think that was my objective, then I beg your pardon for framing my question in a clumsy manner. Regards.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr_Anony:
How exactly was does Hitler's lifestyle imitate Christ?
Very useless question... Can you make a list of leaders who have imitated Christ?

Does your lifestyle imitate Christ's? Does every believer on this board imitate Christ? Should we therefore say they're not Christian?

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
Ifeness,

Are you satisfied with Psalm 18 that Jesus fulfilled on the cross? We can take the Scriptures one at a time, instead of bandying them together.

Please I do not claim to possess perfect understanding of all Scriptures, but I have decided to be a student of the Bible forever.

If I have offended anyone in the course these discussions, I say I am sorry, and crave your pardon.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
ckkris:

Do you mean Janus? I worship Jehovah Elohim, The Most High, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, The Holy One of Israel, in the name of Jesus. Remember that Jehovah Elohim is One God, not three, Deuteronomy 6:4

Are you a jew?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Morality And Ethics Holding Back Science? / Which Christianity? Pauline Or Jamesian / Buccaneers Confraternity Trades Words With The Pyrates Confraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.