Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (5394 Views)

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists / Why Is It Easier For Catholic Ladies To Marry Non Catholics And Not Vice Versa / Okay, The Religion Section Will Get A Christian Moderator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
daylae:

5) The major tenets of faith is such that the reality of God need not be prove because they are not amenable to proof, at least not empirical proof.they are not empirical matters. The idea of proving the existence of God is contrary to Christian theology. Not that Christianity is opposed to proving things, but long before modern science existed Christian mystics, thinkers,philosophers and religious authorities held to the notion that God is beyond our understanding. God is not a thing alongside other things in creation(but the creator of all) that can be subjected to human's verisimilitude .

You are not disagreeing with me. God is beyond logic of humans. Christians can't win in a logical argument about God. Simple

daylae:
4) well,i know there are superabundance of books of advice outhere with superfluous of every imaginable subjects. Still,many people look to the "old book" for true guidance. That religious doctrines are often in conflict with one another is true,but saying that the bible itself is contradictory is a fallacy borne out of ignorance. Suppose you need a surgery to correct a serious medical condition,wouldn't you search to find the best surgeon,knowing that the surgical process is a general standard. Yet you would look for the best to operate on you. In the same way,if you make an honest and thorough examination of the available evidence,you'll realize though doctrines can be flawed,but the bible itself is flawless. Look-out for the right doctrine.

My argument- The bible is a difficult book
Your argument; The bible is the best book and flawless

Doesnt change the fact that the bible is difficult.

Also the bible is flawed but that is another story.

daylae:
3)Since atheism is essentially a philosphy of doubt,which builds its fortress on the basis of scientific knowledge,so it is believed that there is no such evidence anywhere on anything that exist out of nothing,except facts of existence of physical objects and nothing else. The reason we have "contradictions" in christiandom is because we have fake doctrines and the true doctrines,and both must be seperated.

That athiests have no book to follow like you said means there is no manual-book for standards to follow,as such there is no need to point contradictions. Everyone is free to come up with his own version.

okay
?

daylae:
2) Because most christians are hypocrites is not an excuse. We have morally good atheists like we have morally bad christians. What makes one a christian is not his moral flawlessness. Good moral values is not enough to vindicate us,even at that,is there anyone who is morally flawless? And this is where the issue of grace comes in. And there is no better grace than the forgiveness of sin.

hmmm. Forgiveness of sin by sacrificing a Jew on the cross? Not graceful!

daylae:
1)pyrotechnic display on biblical knowledge is not a credence to the wisdom of its words and its interpretations. And that's why atheists maintains the bible is contradictory,whereas there are no contradictions. You can study the bible like any book,knowing its contents from genesis to revelation,you only know what you want to know,and not what you need to know,because your quest on knowing what you want to know makes you blind to see and understand what you need to know. And that's why its seen as a mythical book by many.

Religion is the one place where it is alright to stop using your brain. I know the bible but because I am not a christian my knowledge is useless?? Such reasoning is biased and dubious
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Image123(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
your judgment is enough cause for sadness. Why are you worried about christians? You have something to offer? BTW Learn to read properly, i said 'LIKE the prodigal son'.
@ifness
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
daylae:

5) The major tenets of faith is such that the reality of God need not be prove because they are not amenable to proof, at least not empirical proof.they are not empirical matters. The idea of proving the existence of God is contrary to Christian theology. Not that Christianity is opposed to proving things, but long before modern science existed Christian mystics, thinkers,philosophers and religious authorities held to the notion that God is beyond our understanding. God is not a thing alongside other things in creation(but the creator of all) that can be subjected to human's verisimilitude .

4) well,i know there are superabundance of books of advice outhere with superfluous of every imaginable subjects. Still,many people look to the "old book" for true guidance. That religious doctrines are often in conflict with one another is true,but saying that the bible itself is contradictory is a fallacy borne out of ignorance. Suppose you need a surgery to correct a serious medical condition,wouldn't you search to find the best surgeon,knowing that the surgical process is a general standard. Yet you would look for the best to operate on you. In the same way,if you make an honest and thorough examination of the available evidence,you'll realize though doctrines can be flawed,but the bible itself is flawless. Look-out for the right doctrine.

3)Since atheism is essentially a philosphy of doubt,which builds its fortress on the basis of scientific knowledge,so it is believed that there is no such evidence anywhere on anything that exist out of nothing,except facts of existence of physical objects and nothing else. The reason we have "contradictions" in christiandom is because we have fake doctrines and the true doctrines,and both must be seperated.

That athiests have no book to follow like you said means there is no manual-book for standards to follow,as such there is no need to point contradictions. Everyone is free to come up with his own version.

2) Because most christians are hypocrites is not an excuse. We have morally good atheists like we have morally bad christians. What makes one a christian is not his moral flawlessness. Good moral values is not enough to vindicate us,even at that,is there anyone who is morally flawless? And this is where the issue of grace comes in. And there is no better grace than the forgiveness of sin.

1)pyrotechnic display on biblical knowledge is not a credence to the wisdom of its words and its interpretations. And that's why atheists maintains the bible is contradictory,whereas there are no contradictions. You can study the bible like any book,knowing its contents from genesis to revelation,you only know what you want to know,and not what you need to know,because your quest on knowing what you want to know makes you blind to see and understand what you need to know. And that's why its seen as a mythical book by many.

A generic defense for any religion....
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Image123: your judgment is enough cause for sadness. Why are you worried about christians? You have something to offer? BTW Learn to read properly, i said 'LIKE the prodigal son'.
@ifness

smiley
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by daylae(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are not disagreeing with me. God is beyond logic of humans. Christians can't win in a logical argument about God. Simple

My argument- The bible is a difficult book
Your argument; The bible is the best book and flawless

Doesnt change the fact that the bible is difficult.

Also the bible is flawed but that is another story.

?

hmmm. Forgiveness of sin by sacrificing a Jew on the cross? Not graceful!

Religion is the one place where it is alright to stop using your brain. I know the bible but because I am not a christian my knowledge is useless?? Such reasoning is biased and dubious

Christianity has no business in proving anything about God, conforming to the premise of logic,because logic itself is handicap in such capacity. The concept of "seeing is believing" is out of place. That's why atheists have failed woefully in disproving the existence of God,all you are left with is the philosophy of doubt. The reason you earnestly find answers, and unrelenting.

You have no choice but to conclude the bible is a difficult book,and that's because of your ingenuity in reading it.

Your own understanding.

You sure know what you think you know. But it is not about your familiarity with its contents,but understanding it. And knowing the bible doesn't make one a christian. Even theologians wouldn't make such claim.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by cyrexx: 5:07am On Feb 21, 2013
daylae:

Christianity has no business in proving anything about God, conforming to the premise of logic,because logic itself is handicap in such capacity. The concept of "seeing is believing" is out of place. That's why atheists have failed woefully in disproving the existence of God,all you are left with is the philosophy of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2013
The Bible is the easiest book to understand.

If Logicboy is afraid to lose his pampered life, and face reality like a man, he has no power that can discourage even the kind of children we see in church.

I've explained to Ifeness that the proclamation of Jesus on the cross, is a fulfillment of Psalm 18. Still Ifeness can't understand, which makes it unnecessary to waste precious time explaining any of the mischievously listed verses. If Ifeness admits that Psalm 18 has been perfectly fulfulled on the cross, then we can discuss others.

The God of Israel REVEALS Himself abundantly.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris: The Bible is the easiest book to understand.

If Logicboy is afraid to lose his pampered life, and face reality like a man, he has no power that can discourage even the kind of children we see in church.

I've explained to Ifeness that the proclamation of Jesus on the cross, is a fulfillment of Psalm 18. Still Ifeness can't understand, which makes it unnecessary to waste precious time explaining any of the mischievously listed verses. If Ifeness admits that Psalm has been perfectly fulfulled on the cross, then we can to discuss others.

The God of Israel REVEALS Himself abundantly.

The bible is the easiest book to read? You must be delusional.Is that why we have differing opinions on who Jesus is among christians? Is he god or man? What about tithing? What about the various versions of the bible?

As for being afriad to leave a comfortable life, you must be projecting your fear of being without religion on me;
https://www.nairaland.com/1202716/cowardice-christianity-re-cowardice-atheism
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

The bible is the easiest book to read? You must be delusional.Is that why we have differing opinions on who Jesus is among christians? Is he god or man? What about tithing? What about the various versions of the bible?

As for being afriad to leave a comfortable life, you must be projecting your fear of being without religion on me;
https://www.nairaland.com/1202716/cowardice-christianity-re-cowardice-atheism

The Bible is the easiest book to UNDERSTAND.

But I admit that it takes great courage to DESIRE to quit stealing, living a false life style, etc, and begin to SEEK an organised and peaceful life.

Its not about membership of 'money-making religious organisation', or assignment of titles.

There is an EMPOWERMENT that makes a person a child of the Most High. Its thrilling, and that's why its called Goodnews.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

But I admit that it takes great courage to DESIRE to quit stealing, living a false life style, etc, and begin to SEEK an organised and peaceful life.

Its not about membership of 'money-making religious organisation', or assignment of titles.

There is an EMPOWERMENT that makes a person a child of the Most High. Its thrilling, and that's why its called Goodnews.

Keep repeating lies to yourself, maybe one day they will become true
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

Lovely
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lovely

Supporting garbage? Is there one fact in that whole comment?
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Supporting garbage? Is there one fact in that whole comment?
Garbage: Anything logicboy does not support

-The Logicboy Dictionary
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Garbage: Anything logicboy does not support
-The Logicboy Dictionary

Go and learn better trolling techniques.

In the mean time, it will serve you well not to support comments devoid of common sense
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Keep repeating lies to yourself, maybe one day they will become true

Its true all over the world. Its true in me. I'm a living witness that The WORD of God is the best thing that has happened to mankind.

Without ANY VISIBLE ORGANISATION, no standing army, no treasury, THE CHURCH is the most active force on earth, giving Logicboy sleepless nights, OUTLAST Voltaire, Stalin, Castro, and some fiends yet to show the face of their miserable hearts.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by MrAnony1(m): 11:28am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go and learn better trolling techniques.

In the mean time, it will serve you well not to support comments devoid of common sense
yawn...My lord you are getting really boring these days
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

Its true all over the world. Its true in me. I'm a living witness that The WORD of God is the best thing that has happened to mankind.

Without ANY VISIBLE ORGANISATION, no standing army, no treasury, THE CHURCH is the most active force on earth, giving Logicboy sleepless nights, OUTLAST Voltaire, Stalin, Castro, and some fiends yet to show the face of their miserable hearts.

lol.....Jewish slave. Keep following a religion that was used to enslave/colonize your forefathers. Mtchew
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by mazaje(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

You do not need to believe in any god to desire not to steal, live a false life or seek and organized and peaceful life. . .I live in an atheistic society and it has less much less crime and better organized people than the very religious Nigeria. . .Your assertion is a complete fallacy. . .
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 21, 2013
mazaje:

You do not need to believe in any god to desire not to steal, live a false life or seek and organized and peaceful life. . .I live in an atheistic society and it has less much less crime and better organized people than the very religious Nigeria. . .Your assertion is a complete fallacy. . .

Gbam.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy,

Please don't derail this thread you started. If you dabble into history, I may prove to be above average. Yesterday you mentioned Japan as a model of the progress of a godless country, obviously assuming that we local-based Nigerians don't know anything. Ok, if you try that again I may decide to address you in Nipongo. Please leave the history of slavery out of this thread, and consenstrate on your forte, which is 'there is no God'.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris: Logicboy,

Please don't derail this thread you started. If you dabble into history, I may prove to be above average. Yesterday you mentioned Japan as a model of the progress of a godless country, obviously assuming that we local-based Nigerians don't know anything. Ok, if you try that again I may decide to address you in Nipongo. Please leave the history of slavery out of this thread, and consenstrate on your forte, which is 'there is no God'.

Did you read the op of this thread?

I dont say that "there is no God". I state that there is no evidence for gods and no reason to believe in a god.

I also go further to say that the christian god does not exist. That is provable.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
mazaje:

Sir,

When you decide to name the atheistic country in which you live, we may then google their origin to determine which godless satanist has ever started anything good. But the choice is yours Sir, as much as it is mine to proudly declare that I live in Nigeria, where there's no electricity, no good water, no jobs, etc.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Did you read the op of this thread?

I dont say that "there is no God". I state that there is no evidence for gods and no reason to believe in a god.

I also go further to say that the christian god does not exist. That is provable.

Six and half a dozen, same, same.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

Six and half a dozen, same, same.

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....Jewish slave. Keep following a religion that was used to enslave/colonize your forefathers. Mtchew

No need to defend them Jews, when over 100 million Arabs can't even raise a dogs whimper against 5 million Jews, they can surely trounce their enemies. Another evidence that the Bible is 100% accurate.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

No need to defend them Jews, when over 100 million Arabs can't even raise a dogs whimper against 5 million Jews, they can surely trounce their enemies. Another evidence that the Bible is 100% accurate.

The bible is accurate and that is why atheism is very high in Isreal with 33% tat dont believe in God? I hope you know that Isreal is nothing without America?

The same bible that supports slavery?

Keep praising your jewish masters
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ooman(m): 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

the bible is never 40% accurate, it contradicts itself in so many parts.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

the bible is never 40% accurate, it contradicts itself in so many parts.

I should know, not you. I don't even bother about all the trash a lot of people think is religion. If the Holy Bible is not the most powerful book on earth, why then are its antagonisers so worried. The satanist Voltaire declaired that in 100 years the Bible would become irrelevant, but within that 100 years his house was converted to a Bible House.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

I should know, not you. I don't even bother about all the trash a lot of people think is religion. If the Holy Bible is not the most powerful book on earth, why then are its antagonisers so worried. The satanist Voltaire declaired that in 100 years the Bible would become irrelevant, but within that 100 years his house was converted to a Bible House.

Well, we can see the death of christianity in Europe.............
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ooman(m): 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

Voltaire's problem is his problem, not mine. Atheists speak mostly against xtianity and Islam because they both have the highest number of converts, thereby keeping people in delusional slavery, hence the need to speak out.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by ckkris: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

The bible is accurate and that is why atheism is very high in Isreal with 33% tat dont believe in God? I hope you know that Isreal is nothing without America?

The same bible that supports slavery?

Keep praising your jewish masters

The Bible has consistently trumped its Jewish antagonisers. In 33 AD over 80% of the Sanhedrin were against the few Jews that believed the Bible. Today you are witness that Israel is helped by the USA, founded and sustained by genuine believers in the Bible.
Re: Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa by poopli: 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
ckkris:

The Bible has consistently trumped its Jewish antagonisers. In 33 AD over 80% of the Sanhedrin were against the few Jews that believed the Bible. Today you are witness that Israel is helped by the USA, founded and sustained by genuine believers in the Bible.

this is because of immigration of people and civilization of people and not because of xtianity. USA helps alot of country too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PAULGRUNDY 'nairaland Impersonator' Is Yooguyz And Not Jwfacts Paulgrundy / Are Morality And Ethics Holding Back Science? / COVID-19: LASG Task Religious Leaders On Enlightening Their Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.