Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion (7795 Views)

Senates Discovers 25 Fresh Errors In The 2016 Budget Amounting To N37bn / CPC Wants Obasanjo Arraigned For ODI Invasion / Obasanjo Awarded N37bn Health Contract In Error – Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by chessguru1(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2013
ajayi147: U people shld com 2 think of it,if ur dad was among d police men,if u re not a learner on nairaland,dere was 1 interview on nairaland wit abj on udi,he said he ask d governor of d state dat who kill d police men he send 2 bayelsa,he said d governor said he dnt knw ,dat obj shld come and help him oo,he said as d commander and chief of arm farce,u can not xpect him 2 send force men 2 keep peace and dey will die and he will b lookin,are dey not peoples father,so u people shld think very well oo,den d tarti guns dat dey use was move 4rm owerri barracs,den my dad was d CO,so make una think am ooo,
So let me guess sir in your infinite wisdom, since the ambassador to the US(the representation of america itself) was killed in libya, then I suppose america should have sent a nuclear bomb and wiped out the whole community, or the whole country abi.( becos that's what obj wld have done if he where the president).
Oya clap for your self nah. The level of stupidity that oozes out of the recesses of the cranium of nigerians will always continue to amaze me. Stop this myopic way of reasoning jor, its making you sound empty #rubbish

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by tarryT(m): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You might want to extend your solution to the US Army in Afgan and pakistan !

It's called collateral damage. . .don't tell me the people of Odi didn't benefit from the crimes of their miltant children.I despise bullshiit !
Na ur papa and mama be collateral damage....big foool

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by eldoradoxx: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

People commit crimes against the state but when the state reacts aggressively,they cry of genocide.This is exactly the same way militants and oil thievies vandalise pipelines and blame it on the companies;crying for compensation.

Let's just hope boko haram will not wake up one day only to drag the FG to court demanding for compensation.
Its obvious that you are not able to separate the acts of group of individuals from that of a community in general. Odi incident is really pathetic and Obj and the commanders of those soldiers in decent countries should be charge for war against humanity. A group of militants most of whom where not even from Odi committed a crime and over ran the community and hid there and even relocated / fled Odi before the military operation that killed nearly 5000 people commenced. No single culprit/ militant died in that pogrom/ genocide yet men, women, children and even animals were slaughtered by Nigerian army inside Nigeria and nobody said anything. The entire Odi was leveled to the ground. What is 37 billion? How many kilometers of roads can in build in Niger Delta terrain? How many schools can it build? Can it bring back the lives of about 5000 souls frm the grave? These are hard questions with no answer frm anyone

4 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by gratiaeo(m): 10:23am On Feb 20, 2013
OBJ* is a yoruba hero likewise Awolowo....... Only God ll judge them

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by kaeto(m): 10:24am On Feb 20, 2013
seanet01: Keep dreaming.
this is the hypocrisy with a few callous yorubers. If it was your tribesman you would be yelling 'victory!victory!', now it's bayelsa and it doesn't matter. What shall keep destroying you is your selfcentredness and tribal insanity. When 1 yoruber man was killed during the fuel subsidy removal protest in january 2012, justice was done to the said deceased, the corp was aprehended and brought to book, and you compare this to a whole village and tell me you are not a vampire. God will surely visit the iniquities of Obj on his family and descendants, unless there's no God, just watch and see. Where are the abachas, the Mko's, the Ibb's, the awolowo's... Karma got dic.k, it bleeps...

4 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by chessguru1(m): 10:30am On Feb 20, 2013
expertman: Waaoooh , This Is The Hand Work Of Clueless Presido Jonah.

How Can You Fight The Federal Government And Have You Cake? It Has Never Happened Before And Can Never Happened.

Jonah Did This Just To Validate His Claim That Obj Made The Wrong Move. This Is Political Jare.

So it is indeed true what they say. Point one finger at someone, and the rest is pointing back at you. Please read the level of stupidity of your statement and see if you can CLUE in on the level of CLUElessness that your clueless comment showcases.
I have no sympathy for GEJ, but genocide is genocide. No amount of hate or contempt should cloud your eyes to the fact.
So would you prefer, he should cover up the genocide that was perpetrated on his home land by OBJ J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ because he is in government today?
So if (God forbid) solders are sent to a town in lagos, and they wipe the place off the map, and fashola becomes the president tomorrow ,you would expect him to J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ shut up because he is now the new government?
I advice you to re check the definition of the word clueless, and you will see your full name. Somewhere in there.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by tarryT(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2013
eldoradoxx: Its obvious that you are not able to separate the acts of group of individuals from that of a community in general. Odi incident is really pathetic and Obj and the commanders of those soldiers in decent countries should be charge for war against humanity. A group of militants most of whom where not even from Odi committed a crime and over ran the community and hid there and even relocated / fled Odi before the military operation that killed nearly 5000 people commenced. No single culprit/ militant died in that pogrom/ genocide yet men, women, children and even animals were slaughtered by Nigerian army inside Nigeria and nobody said anything. The entire Odi was leveled to the ground. What is 37 billion? How many kilometers of roads can in build in Niger Delta terrain? How many schools can it build? Can it bring back the lives of about 5000 souls frm the grave? These are hard questions with no answer frm anyone
Thanks... Bluetooth and his gang of fo()ls are bastards that can never see the evil done to Odi by OBJ..

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by chessguru1(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2013
~Bluetooth:

It's called collateral damage. . .don't tell me the people of Odi didn't benefit from the crimes of their miltant children.I despise bullshiit !
Have you ever heard of the american army's RULEs OF ENGAGMENT. Your spilling trash about collateral damage.
The rules of engagement clearly states that "No american solder is to fire UNLESS FIRED UPON" and they follow this rule to the letter (or to the best of their abilities), the american media isn't as comatose as what we have here.

So how many guns were recovered after the massacre?
Where the solders looking for bombs in the private parts of the women while they where raping them in front of their children?
If nigeria was a serious country, solders have no business mounting such offensive within their own country (except in times of civil war)
Stop talking foolishly, bluetooth ni, infra red ko #rubbish

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by kingingkinging: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Sealeddeal: I dont know why OBJ has not been imprisoned.Now,its is legally proven that OBJ is a murderer.i thought some silly people here claimed that OBJ did the right thing and even went to the extent of advocating such atrocities against North.GEJ remain the best Nigeria leader for now.

So who told you GEJ has not killed more innocent people in the North more than what Boko Haram killed and Odi people combined? You believe too when you hear in the news that JTF killed 50 boko haram members? I dey laugh.... Most of those people are innocent. They killed people just to show they are working whereas the real terrorists have been walking with their shoulders high.

Sheik Gumi,although i don't like some of his utterances, has been saying this. Fighting act of terrorism especially by ill-trained force usually takes the blood of some innocent souls. The bible says, when sinners are being punished, righteous people suffer along too.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by oyebanji(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2013
A lot of issues will be brought forward by this Judgement. But I think this is what happens when Govermnents are not realistic about situations.

A lot of people have blamed Obasanjo and potrayed the Odi people as saints, that's understandable. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Was there really a Killing of Soldiers of the federal republic on Nigeria in Odi?

2. Were there efforts on the parts of the Federal Government to apprehend them peacefully?

3. Did Odi people know the criminals and protected them?

4. When the Federal Government decided to move in and forcefully arrest them, were they attacked by the Odi people?

5. In the rules of military engagement, are you supposed to fold your arms while you are beign shelled?

6. Was Odi known to bea base of the militants?

7. Was this Judgement obtained because Jonathan is a Niger deltan or not?

8. Lastly, what would you have wanted the governmenet to do instead?

If we can answer these questions fairly and truthfully, I think we will understand and be able to analyse the situation properly.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by kaeto(m): 10:46am On Feb 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Omo these people don hammer o shocked that's if someone doesn't embezzle the money
the average nigerian mind is greed-driven, we are talking justice and fairness and you are climaxing over money. The judgement is fair to both parties. Obj's security agents ought to have carried out thorough investigation on the matter, or at least use ground soldiers to arrest the youths and chiefs of the town. Instead they used war helicopters and levelled the Odi people. Was obj a reasonable man, fit for president, he would understand he was dealing with his children and such ruthless and brutish approach would only be uncalled for. The millitants were wrong also for killing our soldiers, but too sad is the fact that not 1 millitant was acosted or hurt. A thorough investigation should still be carried out to fish out the vagabonds that abused this great nation by laying their filthy hands on our soldiers, they ought to be killed too...
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Burger01(m): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2013
Na who send Federal Govt?.. angry
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2013
No wonda y he was pushing gej to kill innocent northerners bcause of boko haram so dat 2 of them wil face same case.but jona pass him,jona is still d best president.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by harmless011: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2013
kingingkinging:

So who told you GEJ has not killed more innocent people in the North more than what Boko Haram killed and Odi people combined? You believe too when you hear in the news that JTF killed 50 boko haram members? I dey laugh.... Most of those people are innocent. They killed people just to show they are working whereas the real terrorists have been walking with their shoulders high.

Sheik Gumi,although i don't like some of his utterances, has been saying this. Fighting act of terrorism especially by ill-trained force usually takes the blood of some innocent souls. The bible says, when sinners are being punished, righteous people suffer along too.

. Which bible talk that one

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Subzero101(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2013
left for me, this money should not be given to the community head period.. That money should be set aside for the development of that community, Build new schools, set up a new water project, electricity. They should just use it and give the community the basics they need. They can even set up a committee on that, i know we cant stop corruption fully in this country, but that can reduce it by 40per.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by skykenny: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2013
dis is d handiwork of GEJ to shift #20bn to his state. Dey re nt even talkin abt probing obj dat was d GCFR den bt 2 looth a wholesome of #20bn in d name of odi invasion. God will help us!
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by skykenny: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2013
Fisherman.com:
No wonda y he was pushing gej to kill innocent northerners bcause of boko haram so dat 2 of them wil face same case.but jona pass him,jona is still d best president.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by badesco(m): 11:33am On Feb 20, 2013
Who will collect this money if it is eventually paid?
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by talktimi(m): 11:47am On Feb 20, 2013
oyebanji: A lot of issues will be brought forward by this Judgement. But I think this is what happens when Govermnents are not realistic about situations.

A lot of people have blamed Obasanjo and potrayed the Odi people as saints, that's understandable. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Was there really a Killing of Soldiers of the federal republic on Nigeria in Odi?

2. Were there efforts on the parts of the Federal Government to apprehend them peacefully?

4. When the Federal Government decided to move in and forcefully arrest them, were they attacked by the Odi people?

5. In the rules of military engagement, are you supposed to fold your arms while you are beign shelled?

If we can answer these questions fairly and truthfully, I think we will understand and be able to analyse the situation properly.
an entire community WAS shelled with heavy artillery, soldiers moved in to wipe out survivors, innocent women and young girls were r#ped in front of their kids other family members, property were looted and destroyed. There's no justification for that in any law even if Nigeria was at war then so quit trying to whip up tribal sentiments and excuses to gloss over this victory for the Odi people. If the security agents couldn't do their jobs of investigating and apprehending the primary culprits, does it justify the wiping out of an entire village ? I guess your tone would have been different if this attrocity had taken place in the SW.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Marineetyon(m): 11:50am On Feb 20, 2013
boko haram no get face at bluetooth.

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Marineetyon(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2013

It's called collateral damage. ..don't tell me the people of Odi didn't benefit from the crimes of their miltant children.I despise bullshiit ! Have you ever heard of the american army's RULEs OF ENGAGMENT. Your spilling trash about collateral damage.

The rules of engagement clearly states that "No american solder is tofire UNLESS FIRED UPON" and they follow this rule to the letter (or to the best of their abilities), the american media isn't as comatose as what we have here.

So how many guns were recovered
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by OluEmmaAss: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Niger Deltans too should start pressing for compensation.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by ogele: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Good result, I expect ZAKI BIAM to drag FG to court anytime GEJ leave office. They will be compersated like 100billion too when a Northner become the President of this country. Then FG should give Boko haram Amnesty too n also give the contracts to protect all the farm land in d North. This country is a comedy show.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by backtosender: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2013
only 37b? sad sad
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by nlofficial(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Vaaavaaavoooom. Na so the money dey go.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Guk: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
Any compensation for the 7 dead policemen??
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by segxyrema: 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
GEJ is indirectly enrich his pocket using some fools........this is military invasion ordered by the Govt of the same country against militant group and their hide-out.
Which compensation are u talking about here.so boko haram should be expecting compensation very soon.
Even using another method or way to rebuild the community would have been better than saying you are compensating them for killing police and cover-up criminals.....na wah oooo
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by Subzero101(m): 2:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
brb
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by billyG(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
When will Aremu be bundle 2 hague 2 join gbagbo & others 4 crime agst humanity

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by eldoradoxx: 4:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
oyebanji: A lot of issues will be brought forward by this Judgement. But I think this is what happens when Govermnents are not realistic about situations.

Judgement was not obtained because GEJ is the president, judiciary is very independent stil. The federal government from reports even filed its counter to the application. Again, not only Odi that has got similar judgement against Nigerian army extra judicial slaughter. I also heard that Zakibiam massacre in Benue by the army by same OBJ govt was compensated with with tens of billions too on the order of the court and the amount has been paid.
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by fkaz(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
But if not for this incident TIMAYA wouldn't have come out with the music TRUE STORY, he should be gr8ful 2 obj grin

VERSE 1
Nigeria na my country oh
Bayelsa na my state oh
This na reality
Well e bin happen for Bayelsa oh
Nineteen Ninety nine oh
I swear I no go forget am oh
When them kill the people oh
And they make the children them orphans oh
Any time wey I think am oh
Water dey pour from my eyes oh
Somebody say make I leave am oh
But I say me I must talk am oh
CHORUS
I say them don kill them mama eh [eh eh]
Them don kill them papa eh
I say them don kill them mama
them papa them mama them papa them mama eh
I say they done kill them mama eh them papa eh ah
them mama eh ah
Wetin we go do iyo
Do iyo
Say do iyo
Re: FG To Pay N37bn Compensation For Odi’s Invasion by chrisdstar: 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
cooltone: That how Boko haram will be compensated some day for killing innocent Nigerians. Our system is a failed one.

b4 u talk,ask questions,i have a friend 4rm there,he told me that soldiers were deployed there 2 kill anything living,and the soldiers did that and even more,cos they were raping their sisters,mothers aunties b4 killing them.the only indigenes of odi alive now are just those who were not in that village when they were attacked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1,000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Abia / Buhari To Submit 2021 Budget Next Week / Dead Mistress: Orji Kalu Plans Swift Exit From The Us !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.