Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (9962 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by AZeD1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
Dollarman101:

The problem here is that you have not even followed the tour to know what it is all about,so I don't think you should even comment on this thread. Atleast people are seeing the importance of this tour and it's town hall meetings. Governors that are under rated have even proven that they are working through this tour.
I don't need to follow any useless jamboree, its waste of scarce resources.
Has the GGT tour reduced corruption and looting?
What impact has it made to the populace?
Has it reduced crime?

There is a saying a Gold fish has no hiding place.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Arobam:

You see how foolish you sound? The bolded contradicts you and highlights your I.mbecility. The same mass media forms a huge chunk of the 120 members that you are tearing your pants about.
Every newspaper has a correspondent in the tour including NTA and other TV stations. You have a phobia for learning so you may not notice the daily coverage of the tour on our national dailies. simply put, Oshiomhole is saying that he cannot accommodate pressmen who came to evaluate his performance in office.

I will not even join issues with you on your allegations of my imaginary involvement in the tour. I seriously desire to be part of the tour so that i would not have time to Be gossiping with fools like you on this forum.
lol @the muddle-headed bootlicker who feels it is the responsibility of the governor to cater for the members of the media who are carrying out their fundamental constitutional objective of upholding the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people of Nigeria!

Those with an IQ of less than 29 shouldn't be allowed on this forum, especially you; for displaying such a high level of crass idiocy!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by thelastPope(m): 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
I would have agreed with Oshiomole but for one problem: The massive monies he has spent to promote himself in Edo State! Over 100 million was spent on artists and entertainment in the last election victory party at ring road! That is beside millions spents on TV, Radio, etc. Now that does not mean he should therefore spend money on the GGT. But what I dont agree with is grandstanding about it. If you dont agree, you simply reject it and tell the minister so instead of making it a public debate. I like Oshiomole but I must say he talks too much. He will have serious issues soon because Edo state lack funds to complete many of their projects. As much as you are in the opposition, you must align intelligently with the FG so you cant get things done. Intelligently I said, not necessarily that you should agree with FG everytime, but you must find a way as a governor to seperate politics from business relationships. A lot of the projects have been stalled because of lack of funds. So much was consumed by the last election.

Maybe the number of persons in the tour is too much. Just maybe! But a lot of those people are NGOs and Journalists, not PDP members like some would like to say. But it is also difficult to blame the minister when you understand how Nigeria works. If you isolate some news houses or NGOs, they are going to go out and launch a negative campaign against the project.

Do we need a tour? Definitely yes! We actually need a body that goes around to really put people under pressure. One of the reasons the standard of our schools fell badly is because of the lack of education inspection officers. Some might say that the minister would only present the good side, but that is why we as citizens must participate in these events and raise issues. Nigeria is one place where people come online to make noise but will never get involve in the actual day to day activities and register their disagreements. Someone complained of the Abia tour. Why did you not go there to raise questions, air your views and show the world what the true state of Abia is? It is just like some on NL who said GEJ was too weak to sign the FOI bill but since he signed it, they have never used it once. They still rely of rumours from El Rufai's twitter page. Nigerians are just too weak to help themselves. Sad!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Louis88: 2:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
The worst part is that oshiomole keeps on saying tax payers money as if he has generated any money from his IGR,what money has he raised from tax,or is he not spoon fed from the Fed treasury like other state governors,the Fed Govt gave him the monies and funds he spends and so have the right to send its Minister of Information to check on the utilization of those funds and report it to the whole wide world,oshiomole should please climb down his high horse and stop turning a tour that started out as a neutral affair into a politicized one,if he claims he has done a lot of work let him let them come and show it to the world,afterall it will end up beign to his own benefit if all his projects are for real.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Maduale: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
brownlord:

Laptop no. 3 booting, oga you dont need 120 people to carry out that inspection beside, the federal govt. Should take care of this tour and not the state, was the minister employed by the state or federal govt. Why put the burden on the state, oshio only said, he cant use tax payers money for such jamboree, that does not stop him from visiting if the fed. Govt, make available the resources, na simple english them be write the post o

S.ut up my friend. Who and you wan begin they do laptop? I'm telling you something and you went off on a tangent. Who cares where Oshiomhole wants to spend his money on. That's his business and Its left for him to decide as the chief executive of the state. And who even told you that FG can't sponsor the trip? Does Labaran Maku look like someone who doesn't have money to foot the bills of his team comprising of media men and civil society groups.

The problem with so many of us is that we are too myopic and are easily swayed by the antics of politicians. A governor attends a meeting where it was unanimously resolved that a tour should be undertaken to inspect projects acros the federation. Months later, he decideds to use the avenue of a meeting where he seeks to impose higher taxes on the people to discredit the tour and form mr Prudent so as to divert attention from his new taxation drive.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by emonsdan: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why is the governor afraid?. Let them come [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by quality01(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

I understand the national good governance tour is a programme of collaboration between the FG and 36 state govts (and FCT). I'm surprised the comrade governor now tagged the national good governance tour a "federal govt programme"

After watching some of the live telecast of the national good governance tour in some states, I concluded that we need more of such programmes. On every occasion that I watched the live telecast of the citizens forum, UNDILUTED questions were asked by citizens resident in any part of the world. And the governors and minister of information labour to provide answers to all the questions.

No matter how the comrade governor has performed, there are always issues and problems (some of which the governor may not be aware of) that may require further clarification.

Moreover, democracy is not a one man show. There should be continuous conversation between the leaders and followers. Avenues for such conversation can never be surplus. The good governance tour is one of such avenues for conversation between the leaders and the people.

If the governor can sponsor the camping of national football teams in Edo (which he has done in the past), he should be able to provide counterpart funds to support the 3days visit of the national good governance tour team to Edo state.
its unfortunate dat u really dnt undastd naija politics.d so called good governance tour is a total wastage of scarce resources.maku n co wil only visit where d govz painted n abandoned projects n tagg it work in progress afta which he wil open his useless mouth to deceive naijaz dat they r performin.If he is sincere,he shld visit d states by road n discovered d level of development in each state.even d quez r been filtered so he can open his mouth as usual 2 say rubbish tingz n promises dat wil neva come 2 pass.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by songofsixpence: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Orinarily, I would neither respond or comment on an intellectually deficient comment as urs, but I couldn't help myself in this instance. If true that we need such stupidity in the name of "good governance tours" then pls furnish us with statistics of simillar schemes around the world in developed nations where such rubbish became paramount in nation building.

What Labaran Maku in collaboration with the Federal Govt or state Gov's are doing is nothing but impunity otherwise on which forum was the opinion of Nigerians sought before embarking on this charade to spend tax-payers money prior? What we as Nigerians cannot accept anymore is this willfull spending of our hard-earned money or the squandering of our God's given resources from crude oil...etc, on wasteful, sickening and repulsive programmes like these. Its clearly an avenue to steal, plunder and devastate an Economy that is already in turmoil.

Whether we like it or not, the wealth coming from our combined natural resources belongs to us all and not a few clueless, obnoxious individuals who call themselves leaders of our beloved country. As such, any extra-judicial spend of our common-wealth must first be authorized and sanctioned by a majortity of Nigerians. It beats me, how any government would need the words of a few individuals to ascertain its performance when action speaks louder than words, is usually the name of the game in a situation like this!!!!

Elueme: Oshomohle should stop playing a hero and act appropriately. The national good governance tour I learnt was a product of a consensus between the federal executive council and the governor's forum and I am surprised that my Oshomohle is now dancing a different tune even when his argument against the said tour didn't sail through at the forum. Democracy is a game of both number and superior argument and he( Oshomohle) was short of these two virtues when the issue was discussed before the tour was formally endorsed.
The agreement was a partnership between the federal and state. The state provides accommodation and feeding for the visiting team which comprises Nigerian union of journalists, civil society Organisations as well as government officials.
Despite the monetary involvement, I think the concept behind this tour is commendable. This is what our media houses ought to live up to by taking their time to do a thorough investigative journalism to ascertain what government at all levels are doing in the areas of infrastructural development. The citizens fora which I have watched so far had afforded many opportunity to air tbeir views and also to make contribution by way of informing the govt or suggestion on pertinent issues. Also, this tour will make many state governors to seat up, if regularized.
My humble advise is for the governor to play along if he had nothing to hide.. His position is most uncalled for and amount to being a betrayal. He is unnecessarily putting the state in the news for the wrong reasons but most unfortunately some may not see it this way that Oshomohle, though a good and a pragmatic leader, is an opportunist.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by bokohalal(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sense dey for Edo state.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by gogodaye(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
At last the comrade governor perceived to be the Judah on the side of the masses has told us in the open what he'd earlier asserted as a minority in the larger commity of spendthrifts. He simply cannot dole out one billion naira equivalent from Edo state's the treasury to the choirmaster & his 120 man choirband from Abuja to showcase some paltry six hundred million naira worth of social service/project. The man's achievements stand him out alongside his Akwa IBom counterpart out in the S/South
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by thelastPope(m): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
take dat: lol @the muddle-headed bootlicker who feels it is the responsibility of the governor to cater for the members of the media who are carrying out their fundamental constitutional objective of upholding the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people of Nigeria!

Those with the IQ of less than 29 shouldn't be allowed on this forum, especially you; for displaying such a high level of crass idiocy!

You are very very very wrong here. Even in the USA, government takes care of the media depending on the kind of event, of course not in all events. Your only argument should be in the numbers. If Oshiomole is complaining about the numbers, that is a different thing altogether. There is nothing like "fundamental constitutional objective of upholding the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people of Nigeria". The news media goes around to get news content they can sell and make money. But when it comes to propagating the government activities to the public, the government has to fund it.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by dedons: 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

I understand the national good governance tour is a programme of collaboration between the FG and 36 state govts (and FCT). I'm surprised the comrade governor now tagged the national good governance tour a "federal govt programme"

After watching some of the live telecast of the national good governance tour in some states, I concluded that we need more of such programmes. On every occasion that I watched the live telecast of the citizens forum, UNDILUTED questions were asked by citizens resident in any part of the world. And the governors and minister of information labour to provide answers to all the questions.

No matter how the comrade governor has performed, there are always issues and problems (some of which the governor may not be aware of) that may require further clarification.

Moreover, democracy is not a one man show. There should be continuous conversation between the leaders and followers. Avenues for such conversation can never be surplus. The good governance tour is one of such avenues for conversation between the leaders and the people.

If the governor can sponsor the camping of national football teams in Edo (which he has done in the past), he should be able to provide counterpart funds to support the 3days visit of the national good governance tour team to Edo state.
dem swear 4 uy u cum dey write anoda long story here
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by takedat(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
thelastPope:

You are very very very wrong here. Even in the USA, government takes care of the media depending on the kind of event, of course not in all events. Your only argument should be in the numbers. If Oshiomole is complaining about the numbers, that is a different thing altogether. There is nothing like "fundamental constitutional objective of upholding the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people of Nigeria". The news media goes around to get news content they can sell and make money. But when it comes to propagating the government activities to the public, the government has to fund it.
If it is the role of the government to fund the GGT, you shouldn't expect a balanced and qualitative assessment of the projects, especially as the saying of he who pays the piper dictates the tune."The sweetness and strength of the fine wine gulped during the tour" will surely influence the journalists report. The GGT will never be called an independent. And objective assessment, when it is the governors that foots the bill! Read section 22 of the Nigerian constitution; "The press, radio
, television and other agencies of the mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government of the government to the people." It did not say that members of the media shall be ferried and catered for by government officials while exercising their duty!
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by mynaija123(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2013

Bros if some govs agree during their forum does not mean they all agreed. The federal government hold on to more than 60% of our budget with noting to show for it so if they decide to go and learn from state governors how they spend their share of their budget, they should pay for it.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by quality01(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
kelvincoll: Oshiomole you too talk ooh.... Nice one though, but nothing stops you from partnering with the Tour Team in showcasing your works to Nigerian out Edo and in Diaspora.
he dnt need 2 partner wit diz full of deceit people.if u r 4m edo n u wnt 2 kno d level of performance call ur people ova der 2 hear directly 4m d citizenz ova der.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by ballabriggs: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Good governance tour is good, it gives Labaran Maku a platform to further show his foolishness bla bla bla bla. Ehhhn we done hear.

Meanwhile Osho say in no dey sponsor, pack your bags and gooo. No come chop the one wey we left for old papa dem for Etsako.

We no dey do, shapam! No basket for rotten mango.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Bukkyade: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
thelastPope: I would have agreed with Oshiomole but for one problem: The massive monies he has spent to promote himself in Edo State! Over 100 million was spent on artists and entertainment in the last election victory party at ring road! That is beside millions spents on TV, Radio, etc. Now that does not mean he should therefore spend money on the GGT. But what I dont agree with is grandstanding about it. If you dont agree, you simply reject it and tell the minister so instead of making it a public debate. I like Oshiomole but I must say he talks too much. He will have serious issues soon because Edo state lack funds to complete many of their projects. As much as you are in the opposition, you must align intelligently with the FG so you cant get things done. Intelligently I said, not necessarily that you should agree with FG everytime, but you must find a way as a governor to seperate politics from business relationships. A lot of the projects have been stalled because of lack of funds. So much was consumed by the last election.

Maybe the number of persons in the tour is too much. Just maybe! But a lot of those people are NGOs and Journalists, not PDP members like some would like to say. But it is also difficult to blame the minister when you understand how Nigeria works. If you isolate some news houses or NGOs, they are going to go out and launch a negative campaign against the project.

Do we need a tour? Definitely yes! We actually need a body that goes around to really put people under pressure. One of the reasons the standard of our schools fell badly is because of the lack of education inspection officers. Some might say that the minister would only present the good side, but that is why we as citizens must participate in these events and raise issues. Nigeria is one place where people come online to make noise but will never get involve in the actual day to day activities and register their disagreements. Someone complained of the Abia tour. Why did you not go there to raise questions, air your views and show the world what the true state of Abia is? It is just like some on NL who said GEJ was too weak to sign the FOI bill but since he signed it, they have never used it once. They still rely of rumours from El Rufai's twitter page. Nigerians are just too weak to help themselves. Sad!

Fine on point. It baffles me how shortsighted and gullible some peeps can be on this forum. Suddenly, Oshiomhole has become a saint that doesn't spare a kobo for contingencies. SMH.
Where was this new found love for taxpayers money when Gov Oshiomhole staged a victory party and was dancing kukere with Aki and Paw Paw on stage?
Perhaps that was not taxpayers money at work but taxpayers charity? He is known to host several youth groups and Associations that besiege govt house daily for courtesy calls and awards. Most of them part with huge sums of money as PR. That is not Taxpayers money abi?

When it comes to harbouring journalists and NGO's on assessment tour, it becomes a waste of taxpayers money. Baba Tuale!
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by thelastPope(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
take dat: If it is the role of the government to fund the GGT, you shouldn't expect a balanced and qualitative assessment of the projects, especially as the saying of he who pays the piper dictates the tune."The sweetness and strength of the fine wine gulped during the tour" will surely influence the journalists report. The GGT will never be called an independent. And objective assessment, when it is the governors that foots the bill!

This where I have a problem with Nigerians. You lot want to complain online but no one wants to do anything about it. If this was done abroad, someone will go and pour petrol on themselves in front of the venue. We just don't want to do anything but complain cowardly. Can't you for once see the positives in these things and how we can take advantage of them? I agree with you that the governors will want to show only good stuff but isn't it our responsibility as citizens to go there and show dissent and get the attention of the world thereby putting the government under pressure to do the right thing? We can't continue to complain while we keep running back into our shells so cowardly. Truth be told!
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Fidtad: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=Sincere 9gerian]I like governor Oshiomole alot and he's definitely one very popular governor. However, he should watch it because he's beginning to exhibit arrogance and dictatorial tendencies.

Story! story!!. forget ur long english, it doesn't make sense at all.
those things are on ground so what is d benefit of d tour.
jobless minister of information.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by jpphilips(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2013

English is not difficult my friend, Oshiobaba didn't ask them not to come all he is saying is that he doesn't have accommodation and feeding for 120 people, jeez!!

why should 120 people be going for good governance tour? ask yourself that honest question? you think Oshiobaba is dictatorial, i laugh at you because PDP has ruined your common sense.

are you saying that 20 people cannot do good governance tour?? will oshiobaba refuse if it was only 10 to 20 people? do you know how much each mumu delegate will collect for "thank you for visiting"?

obviously, people like you don't deserve to have an opinion, you deserve to be dumb and only nod your head in approval when orders are given.

All we hear from the federal coffers is waste! waste! waste! first of January they will beg the masses to tighten their belt that there are no resources anymore, once done, they continue borrowing and wasting.

please be guided that 120 people are official delegates, what about unofficial delegates?

nitwit
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by jpphilips(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
feelamong: When the so called good governance team came to Abia state, they passed a verdict that the clown in power there is doing a marvelous work!

The midget called Labaran looked at Abia people oand said he was impressed with the level of work done in that state.

Is that what the tour is all about? A band of clowns go on a circus and then end up by telling people that their folly has been worth the while! Tufia!!

Did you notice how they avoided port Harcourt road, just peeped through the window at Ariaria took a picture and zoomed away to umuahia,

laugh wan kill me, when they were about posing for a photograph, the minister realized the Huge sign post the loser governor inscribed thus;

"This is a federal road not the responsibility of the state governor"

the slowpoke quickly asked the photographer to face elsewhere if he wants to get a clear shot.

laugh wan kill me. useless people.

A federal road in the heart of your state and Orji is still waiting for Maku to fix it,
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Mandelaguy(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2013
thelastPope: I would have agreed with Oshiomole but for one problem: The massive monies he has spent to promote himself in Edo State! Over 100 million was spent on artists and entertainment in the last election victory party at ring road! That is beside millions spents on TV, Radio, etc. Now that does not mean he should therefore spend money on the GGT. But what I dont agree with is grandstanding about it. If you dont agree, you simply reject it and tell the minister so instead of making it a public debate. I like Oshiomole but I must say he talks too much. He will have serious issues soon because Edo state lack funds to complete many of their projects. As much as you are in the opposition, you must align intelligently with the FG so you cant get things done. Intelligently I said, not necessarily that you should agree with FG everytime, but you must find a way as a governor to seperate politics from business relationships. A lot of the projects have been stalled because of lack of funds. So much was consumed by the last election.

This is a Nigerian who is still thinking straight. You have said it all, well done. All blabbers, please learn before you spew trash.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Naijagunner83: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
grin grin Oshio Baba and drama. This one no reach Wetin you take they throw owambe for your house for MAITAMA na. How much hotel dey cost for Benin? The guy just wan fall FG Hand and some mugus dey fall for am.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Peterwins(m): 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
Why is there so much superfluity of naughtiness in government these days? So much waste here and there as if there is no tomorrow.
The good governance tour is not necessary especially when less than 10 States are "performing" in a country of 36 States.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by clog(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]

imagine what ur sayin? Is †ђªt what we need as @d moment? After their visit what then will happen? It pains me how many people are still blinded to the system of this Politicians.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by blacksta(m): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Away from theory.

In reality everybody knows tours like these in Nigeria is simply an avenue for some 120 crooked fellows to enrich themselves under the guise of GGT. Oshi Baba is simply saying folks not today , i cannot afford it maybe try next month
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Countryman93: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
Bukkyade:

Fine on point. It baffles me how shortsighted and gullible some peeps can be on this forum. Suddenly, Oshiomhole has become a saint that doesn't spare a kobo for contingencies. SMH.
Where was this new found love for taxpayers money when Gov Oshiomhole staged a victory party and was dancing kukere with Aki and Paw Paw on stage?
Perhaps that was not taxpayers money at work but taxpayers charity? He is known to host several youth groups and Associations that besiege govt house daily for courtesy calls and awards. Most of them part with huge sums of money as PR. That is not Taxpayers money abi?

When it comes to harbouring journalists and NGO's on assessment tour, it becomes a waste of taxpayers money? Baba Tuale!
SECONDED!
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by jpphilips(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The comrade governor should better watch it. Pride they say come before a fall. Like I wrote earlier, he's becoming too arrogant and dictatorial. If he has issues with the bills and proposal made by the minister of information, he could have communicated the minister of information thru the proper channel, rather than making it public.

Rather than have the minister of information idle away in air-conditioned offices in Abuja, I prefer him being in the field. If possible, I would prefer an ENDLESS good governance tour. It also helps to keep contractors on their toe.

It was on this same platform few days ago that the "Eko oni ba je" crew celebrated and praised Fashola for inspection of ongoing projects in Lagos. Why are these same persons now allergic to inspection of ongoing federal projects by the minister of information? This is just one example of the smelly HYPOCRISY we see on this forum.

Also the good governance tour is not just about inspection of projects, but it also provide RARE opportunities for the governors and minister to answer UN-EDITED/UNDILUTED questions from ANYWHERE in the world.

Back to the comrade governor. I recall how the governor threatened to fight the private company that won the bid for the Benin PHCN distribution company just because the company the state govt supported failed. I was shocked to the marrow that the respected comrade governor could behave in such manner. His actions in that respect raised a red flag and I became afraid that this man may not be the 'clean' politician/activist we think he is. The implications of what he did then is that if he was the president he would have manipulated the privatisation process to favour certain interest.

you are better off blind, deaf and dumb god why?
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by divatosin(f): 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
blacksta: Away from theory.

In reality everybody knows tours like these in Nigeria is simply an avenue for some 120 crooked fellows to enrich themselves under the guise of GGT. Oshi Baba is simply saying folks not today , i cannot afford it maybe try next month

Most of you don't know how to talk. You call journalist crooked fellows? That's bad.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Akiika: 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
Elueme: Oshomohle should stop playing a hero and act appropriately. The national good governance tour I learnt was a product of a consensus between the federal executive council and the governor's forum and I am surprised that my Oshomohle is now dancing a different tune even when his argument against the said tour didn't sail through at the forum. Democracy is a game of both number and superior argument and he( Oshomohle) was short of these two virtues when the issue was discussed before the tour was formally endorsed.
The agreement was a partnership between the federal and state. The state provides accommodation and feeding for the visiting team which comprises Nigerian union of journalists, civil society Organisations as well as government officials.
Despite the monetary involvement, I think the concept behind this tour is commendable. This is what our media houses ought to live up to by taking their time to do a thorough investigative journalism to ascertain what government at all levels are doing in the areas of infrastructural development. The citizens fora which I have watched so far had afforded many opportunity to air tbeir views and also to make contribution by way of informing the govt or suggestion on pertinent issues. Also, this tour will make many state governors to seat up, if regularized.
My humble advise is for the governor to play along if he had nothing to hide.. His position is most uncalled for and amount to being a betrayal. He is unnecessarily putting the state in the news for the wrong reasons but most unfortunately some may not see it this way that Oshomohle, though a good and a pragmatic leader, is an opportunist.
Are you for real? so it is a non-performing federal government that will adjudge state government if they are working or not. Why not do a tour of what the federal Govt have done? Common folks, this ain't right. If they must do the tour, then sponsor it...afterall profligacy is synonymous with GEJ Govt. Please don't try to justify the unjustifiable. Oshiomole is right and i believe Fashola and other right thinking Governors will follow suite.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by ElCaballa(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The comrade governor should better watch it. Pride they say come before a fall. Like I wrote earlier, he's becoming too arrogant and dictatorial. If he has issues with the bills and proposal made by the minister of information, he could have communicated the minister of information thru the proper channel, rather than making it public.

Rather than have the minister of information idle away in air-conditioned offices in Abuja, I prefer him being in the field. If possible, I would prefer an ENDLESS good governance tour. It also helps to keep contractors on their toe.

It was on this same platform few days ago that the "Eko oni ba je" crew celebrated and praised Fashola for inspection of ongoing projects in Lagos. Why are these same persons now allergic to inspection of ongoing federal projects by the minister of information? This is just one example of the smelly HYPOCRISY we see on this forum.

Also the good governance tour is not just about inspection of projects, but it also provide RARE opportunities for the governors and minister to answer UN-EDITED/UNDILUTED questions from ANYWHERE in the world.

Back to the comrade governor. I recall how the governor threatened to fight the private company that won the bid for the Benin PHCN distribution company just because the company the state govt supported failed. I was shocked to the marrow that the respected comrade governor could behave in such manner. His actions in that respect raised a red flag and I became afraid that this man may not be the 'clean' politician/activist we think he is. The implications of what he did then is that if he was the president he would have manipulated the privatisation process to favour certain interest.

dont let your hatred for anything opposition becloud your sense of reasoning.you are loosing it.Oshobaba is not stoping any GGT in his state.he said he is not ready to use taxpayer's money to sponsor such jamboree.when they come,he ll definitely welcome them.
Re: Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour by Policewoman(f): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
kelvincoll: Oshiomole you too talk ooh.... Nice one though, but nothing stops you from partnering with the Tour Team in showcasing your works to Nigerian out Edo and in Diaspora.
We don't need those publicity stunts in Edo state. Sponsoring those delegates is simply waste of funds. Make everybody mind him state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun PDP Endorses Segun Sowunmi, For Governor / Peacepro Urges Nigeria, AU To Mediate In Russia-Ukraine Crisis / Fayemi Presents C Of O To 237 Property Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.