Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? (5145 Views)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? / Are Women More Religious than Men? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ManofGod3(m): 10:36am On Nov 30, 2010
[size=14pt]I have been wondering why women are so religious than men? In the church they are the majority, they are the highest in speaking in tongues, they even want to be made Bishops nowadays.[/size]
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ITbomb(m): 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
as we all know they are easily influence and too emotional. they seem to believe that the solution to any pressing situation they find themselves should be shared and if man is not the sharee they turn to God. no wonder they are quick to forgive
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by peacettw: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2010
ITbomb:

as we all know they are easily influence and too emotional. they seem to believe that the solution to any pressing situation they find themselves should be shared and if man is not the sharee they turn to God. no wonder they are quick to forgive
Totally agree, plus we don't ve the physical prowess to beat u guys to a pulp when frustrated so we take it out on d church.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by ndigbo: 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2010
hmmm
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Fimmy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2010
Women believe in MIRACLES more than Men
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by denony(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2010
and they have the highest number of demons running in them
each vigil i attended u see thousand of them being healed from demomic operations
the next vigil u will still see the same people confessing how many powers they possess.

u will see pastore shouting,

oya vomit that snake, vomit that ring, vomit that scorpion,
remove the one in your tongue, remove the one in ur pussy,
oya remove that chain in your waist you demonic power,
oya confess, how many powers do you possess, i command fire all over you
fire, fire, fire, fire, fireeeeeeeeeeeeee.

come see confession,  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
yesoooo the fire is too, pls ok i will confess, pastore i will confess
i've destroyed thousands of men, render them useless
chai we men don suffer for their hand.  grin  grin  grin  grin
u will even be scared to get close to ur sister after listening to all that confesion
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by pinkylady1(f): 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

each vigil i attended u see thousand of them being healed from demomic operations
the next vigil u will still see the same people confessing how many powers they possess.

remove the one in your tongue, remove the one in your kitty,

come see confession, grin grin grin grin grin
chai we men don suffer for their hand. grin grin grin grin
u will even be scared to get close to your sister after listening to all that confesion

u got me laughin der grin grin grin

really dat wz funny
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by peacettw: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2010
^^Lol
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by badlaw(f): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
u r right pinky lady.
i think also the devil first meet woman on earth and they accept everything they hear without second thought. so in the church wada na fake church or true church they r there in numbers. abeg make una leave woman wahalla jo
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by turboman(m): 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
ITbomb:

100% agreed

and also, Its really difficult running around as the breadwinner and still spend ample time in the church. Consider women that are bread winners; how religious are they?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Zi: 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2010
Men have always been on the majority everywhere; world population, politics, school, church, market etc. EVERYWHERE! So what'z d fuss?
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Bawss1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2010
Women have a finer ability to grasp the spiritual more than men do so maybe that explains this puzzle. They are more in tune with their intuitions so will always reflect easily the state(spiritual) of humanity. I think because of this we can expect to find more women in churches and religious circles.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Tonyet1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
@Topic

In a short stance I'd say because women were biblically designed to follow>>>while the men lead. Therefore since we have few leaders we sure would have more followers thus women.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by excoba101: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
I have been wondering why women are so religious than men? In the church they are the majority, they are the highest in speaking in tongues, they even want to be made Bishops nowadays.

But i think this is not a new thing. There are even women arch bishops.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by akossyy: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2010
becos they are easy answered by God,
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by bababuff(m): 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
Zi:

Men have always been on the majority everywhere; world population, politics, school, church, market etc. EVERYWHERE! So what'z d fuss?

Please check your facts on world population, women are much more than men.

@topic, women have more faith than men, and are more patient.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by logica(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
Because they are more gullible. grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by cogicero: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2010
http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/comparison-Gender+Composition+of+Religious+Traditions.pdf

taking a U.S. sample space (in 2008) the difference may not be not as much as this topic declares. the difference is only evident in Christianity while for Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and many other religions women lag far behind men.

Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by onyeije1: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2010
I guess its because they care a lot about their men,

wives praying for their husbands
sisters praying for their brothers
mothers praying for their sons

praying , hoping and believing that all will work out well.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2010
onye ije:

I guess its because they care a lot about their men,

wives praying for their husbands
sisters praying for their brothers
mothers praying for their sons

praying , hoping and believing that all will work out well.

Ehw!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by degubi(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2010
A woman is more wired towards issues of relationships be it immediate family, spouse, children, God. They are inclined to seek out relationships because in them they find more meaning and fulfilment. This is why they are drawn to the spiritual. But men on the other hand resist God because its in their nature to be the domineering figure, it is hard for a man to allow his decisions to be subjected to another, they can't comprehend how they should allow the will of God when they can sort out the problems on their own.

Although a woman might be religiously inclined than man, they are not as deep in spirituality than their male counterparts. It is not suprising when the bible quotes in ecclesiastes that out of a thousand women the philosopher could not find a single good woman, because a woman may spend her whole lifetime in the church but her actions may not reflect the Godly lifestyle, the reason being that women want to be loved the way they are without the burden of having to change, and God does love them the way they are.

But a man whose heart has being broken by the power of the spirit will be much more committed to the cause of God and easy to be used as a vessel. You can see a man serving God his whole life but a woman might be easily swayed to soft pedal in her commitment because of the many distractions.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by tpia5: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

come see confession, grin grin grin grin grin
chai we men don suffer for their hand. grin grin grin grin
u will even be scared to get close to your sister after listening to all that confesion

lol
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by tpia5: 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ topic

women are more emotional than men when it comes to religion.

they are practical in other areas but in religious matters, majority of them are not.

dont know why this is so.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by tpia5: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
You can see a man serving God his whole life but a woman might be easily swayed to soft pedal in her commitment because of the many distractions.

actually, men are more easily swayed than women.

all it takes most times is a simple seduction.

the big difference here is a man will commit all kinds of secret sins and still feel it doesnt affect his public standing in the church [bounces back easily], while for a woman who does the same, sooner or later her emotions will take over.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by MzGreat(f): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

u are actually talking from experience cos i wonder what u were doing dere urself,
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by abegabeg: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2010
women are soft hear-ted and they tend to always do what is right both in the sight of man and God, that is why they are more emotional than men and run to God for every problem that comes their way.
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 30, 2010
Y women are more religious than men? Maybe cos women like what they hear, and so since there are more popular male GOs( Pastor Head, head pastor, bishop blahblahblah blobloblo), dem just dey follow dey go. Put a sexy looking mama on the pulpit, men go start to dey somersault turn winch, grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Woke4all(m): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

Can't stop laughing  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Dsense(m): 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
OP.
I think mEN ARE MORE RELIGIOUS THAN WOMEN!
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by member28: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

dis guy u cracking me up! grin
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by demobiss: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2010
for women no nooo
Re: Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? by Esanbabe1: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2010
denony:

LMAO. This is so funny, you have made my evening.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God / Jesus Lied :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.