Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Disadvantages Of Late Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Late Marriage (46836 Views)

10 Myopic Statements Made By Ladies That Land Them Into Late Marriage / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by salt1: 9:59am On Feb 20, 2013
By late marriage, I mean 32 years for the woman and 40years for the man.

The disadvantages are numerous
1. For a lady: menopause now starts earlier. I don't know whether to blame it on dietary habits or environmental factors, women now experience menopause earlier; some as early as 35. Women who marry late panic and fret about having children. Their anxiety can also delay achieving pregnancy. Women over 35 also miscarry easily and experience more complications during delivery.
Again when women don't marry early, (from 22) they become so fearful at the prospect of becoming spinsters that they abandon the search for Mr Right and accept any Mr Available. Desperation can lead to wrong choice and failed marriage.
When a lady is made career-wise, men get scared of her. they feel an inherent sense of inferiority. Those that muster the courage may be seen by her as gold diggers and opportunists. Better to marry when you can get genuine love and grow with the person than wait to be on the begging end.

2. For the men: whether Nigerian men like it or not, male fertility also reduces with age. Blame it on diet and lifestyle. The men also get desperate to have children and may be tempted to have kids outside marriage.
Getting the love of your life is also more difficult if you are already "made". It is when you're nobody that you can tell who loves you and not just who came because of money.
If you're already comfortable, the girls may fight to get your attention, making the selection of wife material very difficult.

Marrying at an older age means you can't connect with your children because of generational gap. You will be analogue and your kids will be digital.

You risk making a young wife a widow. You pay school fees with pension money.

Dear readers, do you agree?
If you do, add other disadvantages of late marriage

33 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 20, 2013
salt 1: By late marriage, I mean 32 years for the woman and 40years for the man.

The disadvantages are numerous
1. For a lady: menopause now starts earlier. I don't know whether to blame it on dietary habits or environmental factors, women now experience menopause earlier; some as early as 35. Women who marry late panic and fret about having children. Their anxiety can also delay achieving pregnancy. Women over 35 also miscarry easily and experience more complications during delivery.
Again when women don't marry early, (from 22) they become so fearful at the prospect of becoming spinsters that they abandon the search for Mr Right and accept any Mr Available. Desperation can lead to wrong choice and failed marriage.
When a lady is made career-wise, men get scared of her. they feel an inherent sense of inferiority. Those that muster the courage may be seen by her as gold diggers and opportunists. Better to marry when you can get genuine love and grow with the person than wait to be on the begging end.

2. For the men: whether Nigerian men like it or not, male fertility also reduces with age. Blame it on diet and lifestyle. The men also get desperate to have children and may be tempted to have kids outside marriage.
Getting the love of your life is also more difficult if you are already "made". It is when you're nobody that you can tell who loves you and not just who came because of money.
If you're already comfortable, the girls may fight to get your attention, making the selection of wife material very difficult.

Marrying at an older age means you can't connect with your children because of generational gap. You will be analogue and your kids will be digital.

Dear readers, do you agree?
If you do, add other disadvantages of late marriage
dis shows, how wise u re. Early marriage is just d best thing dat can happen 2 any1.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by momodub: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
UNA DON COME AGAIN OOO shocked
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Olami1224: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nice write-up
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Joe50(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
God give me money make i marry oooo, in few yrs time i go enter 30 smiley wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
I buy into this not that Learner that was saying Early marriage is bad two days ago

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Orikinla(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
[size=28pt]AKAMU.
There is nothing like late marriage in the Holy Bible.
Jacob first first marriage was at 47 and second marriage at 54.

AND YOU DON'T NEED TO MARRY TO HAVE CHILDREN.
COMPREHEND?[/size]

27 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Kassidy90(m): 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
Chai no more time wasting, marriage mood activated, gonna be 28 by sept abi I too small ni?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by eagleeye2: 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
Sometimes people marry late, not by choice but because of circumstances beyond their control.

For the ladies, they may actually want to marry early, but one way or the other usually end up with men who are full of deceit without any intentions to walk the down the aisle.
For the guys, they may actually want early marriage but have not really matured in Age, Finance and Emotions, which are critical for a successful marrital life.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Revolva(m): 12:16pm On Feb 20, 2013

story na who tell you say a man cant get a woman pregnant even if he dey 60 years its possible ..
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by eggo: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
oya make i come marry o...
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Coldfeet(f): 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
Late marriage should be avoided by all means!! There's no mr/miss right out there. My elder sis is 37! And still single! Not her fault but poor judgement on her part contributed but to God be the glory her wedding date is fixed her husband to be is 40!! I married early and I am ever so thankful that I did cos at 29 and hubby 30 we are done with child bearing!! Now the job is bringing them up. When I look at my sis who is just about to start the journey that I'm already through with at 37?? I can only pray and wish them well!

21 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by karlnyeno: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
I was 25 when i married my wife, and she was 18th precisely. This 40 for guys too much o!

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by tinuolababy(f): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
interesting
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Orikinla(m): 12:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
Kassidy90: Chai no more time wasting, marriage mood activated, gonna be 28 by sept abi I too small ni?

I love weddings.
Just invite me to come and eat your wedding cakes and even chance your bridesmaids.

My younger brother is wedding this weekend.
I wish him and his bride happy married life.
But I am still a happy single and the freedom of free love is WOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by tomakint: 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Anything marriage is tied to the apron of anything African culture, coming to Nigeria, especially Yorubas, Marriage is almost tied to 'being successful in life' when actually it is a grand deception of the deepest dye! I have seen many men who married early and are yet to breakthrough, I have seen many men too who married late and are successful likewise I have seen vice versa, the truth is prepare your hearts (emotionally, physically, financially) very well (be you man or woman) before you choose to settle down with your partner and be ready to challenge whatever situation that comes your way with a brave heart because Marriage is not bed or roses! Nothing like LATE MARRIAGE!

13 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Joehakins(m): 12:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
karlnyeno: I was 25 when i married my wife, and she was 18th precisely. This 40 for guys too much o!
Nice!
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
A man who waits till 40, is he LEGEND OF THE SEEKER grin

9 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by tomakint: 12:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Orikinla: [size=28pt]AKAMU.
There is nothing like late marriage in the Holy Bible.
Jacob first first marriage was at 47 and second marriage at 54.

AND YOU DON'T NEED TO MARRY TO HAVE CHILDREN.
COMPREHEND?[/size]
Seconded, you will live long! cool

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by pianogirl(f): 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
tomakint: Anything marriage is tied to the apron of anything African culture, coming to Nigeria, especially Yorubas, Marriage is almost tied to 'being successful in life' when actually it is a grand deception of the deepest dye! I have seen many men who married early and are yet to breakthrough, I have seen many men too who married late and are successful likewise I have seen vice versa, the truth is prepare your hearts (emotionally, physically, financially) very well (be you man or woman) before you choose to settle down with your partner and be ready to challenge whatever situation that comes your way with a brave heart because Marriage is not bed or roses! Nothing like LATE MARRIAGE!

True talk
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
What about the disadvantages of early marriage?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nosyke(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
karlnyeno: I was 25 when i married my wife, and she was 18th precisely. This 40 for guys too much o!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Bad guys, catch them young things wink wink

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=Joe50]God give me money make i marry oooo, in few yrs time i go enter 30 smiley wink cheesy grin[/quote) Me in 4 months am 30 can u imagin God give me money b4 d end of this year Amen.
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Vlyrics: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
If i were a girl i would marry at 19yrs but since am a guy i would marry at 35, any1 dat tinks its late shuld speak nw or forever farrous.
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by bambuzz88: 12:31pm On Feb 20, 2013

Getting the love of your life is
also more difficult if you are
already "made". It is when
you're nobody that you can tell
who loves you and not just who
came because of money.
If you're already comfortable,
the girls may fight to get your
attention, making the selection
of wife material very difficult.

for men ,this is the only demerit of late marriage
Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by Flyingngel(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Listen it is better to marry late and with the right person than to marry early with the wrong person and get divorced. The problem with some of us is that we like playing God. And who told you that menopause start by 35; show me a lady with that at 35 then i will show you a pregnant woman at 40.

23 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Late Marriage by MEILYN(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
Flying @ngel:
Listen it is better to marry late and with the right person than to marry early with the wrong person and get divorced. The problem with some of us is that we like playing God. And who told you that menopause start by 35; show me a lady with that at 35 then i will show you a pregnant woman at 40.

i tink u shld read dat stuff again

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

They Went To Same Primary, Secondary School, Work In Same Place & Now Set To Wed / 6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating / Life Without A Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.