Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Oshiomole Rejects Maku's Proposal To Sponsor 'good Governance' Tour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Rejects Maku's Proposal To Sponsor 'good Governance' Tour (692 Views)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Rejects Maku's Proposal To Sponsor 'good Governance' Tour by Nosyke(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has rejected a multi-million naira proposal by Minister of Information Labaran Maku asking him to bankroll the so-called “Good Governance Tour” he is leading around the country.

Speaking at a seminar on tax laws in the state on Benin on Tuesday, Mr. Oshiomhole said he was not prepared to waste the state’s limited resources on an unnecessary project conceived and promoted by the federal government.

“It is not proper to use Edo State tax payers’ money to finance a Federal Government programme,” the governor said. “If they pay me a courtesy visit, I will receive them, but I don’t have a dime to spend on them because I do not need them to come to tell Edo people how I built roads and schools. My achievement speaks for me.”

He revealed that Mr. Maku’s team had sent in a proposal requesting him to provide accommodation, feeding and logistics for over 120 delegates when they visit the state next week. He said he opposed the proposal when it was tabled for discussion at a Governors’ Forum meeting sometime ago.

“Whenever Edo State government officials travel to Abuja for official duties, the state takes responsibility and not the Federal Government,” Mr. Oshiomhole said.

Mr. Maku has been travelling around the country with a team of about 120 people, saying he was inspecting projects undertaken by state and federal governments.

Many see the tour as a jamboree packaged to corner public funds. But Mr. Maku has explained that the tour was conceived to showcase good governance by states and the federal government

http:///MNw6qAtg
Re: Oshiomole Rejects Maku's Proposal To Sponsor 'good Governance' Tour by Nonnyz: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
I wonder what Oshiomole is up to? Or could he be harbouring dirts in his wardrobe? A Tour which have been an avenue for showcasing both positivity and negativity notwithsatnding...
That the tour is the FG's responsibility doesn't make it a jamboree as sumitted by the Governor, who I think hides more than the eyes can see...
Re: Oshiomole Rejects Maku's Proposal To Sponsor 'good Governance' Tour by Vogue50: 12:35am On Feb 21, 2013
Nonnyz: I wonder what Oshiomole is up to? Or could he be harbouring dirts in his wardrobe? A Tour which have been an avenue for showcasing both positivity and negativity notwithsatnding...
That the tour is the FG's responsibility doesn't make it a jamboree as sumitted by the Governor, who I think hides more than the eyes can see...
I think governor Adams Is looking for cheap popularity ! His colleagues in North central and South east Geo-political Zones passed through the same exercise few months ago and he did not complain about it , the Governors forum welcomed the initiative , why declining now?
We all know how he used the same Tax Payers money he is protecting to sponsor his re-election , he should stop pretending to be a Saint !
His rantings is just heating up the entire polity.

(1) (Reply)

d / Orji Commissions Road To Fast Track Power Project / Am Not A BH Member: Freelance Journalist Ahmed Salkida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.