Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? (12288 Views)

16th Century Ottoman Ad For An Imam Vacancy / Dawah: The Activism Of The 21st Century - Yusuf Chambers / Islam, Media And The 21st Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by pmc01(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
It has come to notice that some so-called 'moderate' Muslims have been condemning a fellow Muslim for writing against celebrating late Goldie Harvey, who has been surrounded with controversy in life and in death, as a national icon. I must say it is very unfortunate for this set of people. This is what I think about them:
'Follow-follow no make me get common sense' na im dey worry many of them. Looking critically at their problem, you'll discover it's inferiority complex that has weakened their morale. They are under self-inflicted pressure to always put up that '21st century' Muslim show. May Allah save us from such disastrous calamity. Amiin.
My advice for them is discover their identity before they get irredeemably lost. If you can't stand firmly for Islam, you will eventually end up miserable. It isn't a curse, it's a known fact; you will just find yourself alone, cold in the wilderness eventually.
The time to embrace your natural identity is now!!!

26 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
^There are also many non-Muslims who are unimpressed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1200482/lest-immortalize-nuisance-goldie-situation

5 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
OP, I am a Muslim living in the 21st century now.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by tbaba1234: 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
maclatunji: OP, I am a Muslim living in the 21st century now.

I do not think that is the point, he is trying to make. There are certain sections of the muslim population with a dangerous mindset that involves accepting certain things that are totally unacceptable in the religion. They do this in the name of modernism e.t.c.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by pmc01(m): 6:59am On Feb 21, 2013
Thank you for that Tbaba. Simply put, do not lose your Originality because you came in the 21st century. Islam is not music that has to change with time. And thanks for the 'joke' Mac.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2013
^You are welcome sir.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2013
Imma say this real quick.

What is so bad about someone just allowing this woman RIP? She had people who loved and cherished her for who she was. Everyday while she was alive people condemned her, and even in death still condemn her. All the hypertension she had killed her eventually and i feel like it might be because of how many people were judging her actions. Remember thou shall not judge ryt? Im sure there is a Quranic verse for that.
I mean everybody is human. Whatever one does will always be criticised, no matter how good. As a muslim, you know very well about not speaking ill of the dead. If you are perfect yourself, without sin at all, please continue bashing her.

But if you have nothing good to say, about someone you never even knew personally, just SHUT UP!!

RIP GOLDIE.

12 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by olabukola: 9:34am On Feb 21, 2013
Are you saying that we moderates in the SW are not true muslims? Please put me clear.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2013
olabukola: Are you saying that we moderates in the SW are not true muslims? Please put me clear.

Please define 'moderates'.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by MadCow1: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2013
But its no surprise that SW muslims have always been considered to be lesser muslims than Northern Muslims na..

And this thread is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.. You cant eat your cake and have it. This is the 21st century. Should you decide to keep living like a cave man in 2013, feel free..

However... Rememeber that; MAN WAS NOT MADE FOR THE LAW, BUT THE LAW FOR MAN. Substitute Religion for the word Law.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by erico2k2(m): 9:42am On Feb 21, 2013
Can someone plz define Moderate muslim plzz, we are waiting, and also what behavior is termed non moderate
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Dermie: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2013
I cant laugh.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2013
Mad Cow: But its no surprise that SW muslims have always been considered to be lesser muslims than Northern Muslims na..

And this thread is DEAD ON ARRIVAL.. You cant eat your cake and have it. This is the 21st century. Should you decide to keep living like a cave man in 2013, feel free..

However... Rememeber that; MAN WAS NOT MADE FOR THE LAW, BUT THE LAW FOR MAN. Substitute Religion for the word Law.

The OP never mentioned any geographical location now.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by BlueMurder(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2013
When your role models are morally depraved nonentities, you know you have a serious problem.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Mavor: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2013
Please the moderators should stop posting religious threads on the frontpage.

I take it Seun is a muslim. Cos when I wanted to post this, I got this Nairaland message---> "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."[color=#990000][/color] Meanwhile Christian threads face rubbish left, right and centre. Yet no moderation. Either Seun is a muslim or you have sold out on the free speech and liberal ideals that used to be the bedrock of this site. I don't support religious insult, at the same time I detest censorship of speech and ideas. Anyone who comes to Nairaland and sees comments he or she doesn't like should leave and never come back. Period.

15 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by MadCow1: 9:46am On Feb 21, 2013
maclatunji:

The OP never mentioned any geographical location now.

That paortion of my text was in reference to the fellow who asked about SW muslims. Olabukola.
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by sureteeboy(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2013
My post has been hidden, what did I do? I just posted a link to learn about moderate muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Troll: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2013
pmc01: It has come to notice that some so-called 'moderate' Muslims have been condemning a fellow Muslim for writing against celebrating late Goldie Harvey, who has been surrounded with controversy in life and in death, as a national icon. I must say it is very unfortunate for this set of people. This is what I think about them:
'Follow-follow no make me get common sense' na im dey worry many of them. Looking critically at their problem, you'll discover it's inferiority complex that has weakened their morale. They are under self-inflicted pressure to always put up that '21st century' Muslim show. May Allah save us from such disastrous calamity. Amiin.
My advice for them is discover their identity before they get irredeemably lost. If you can't stand firmly for Islam, you will eventually end up miserable. It isn't a curse, it's a known fact; you will just find yourself alone, cold in the wilderness eventually.

@OP Lost? Miserable? Embrace Natural Identity? Is This A Joke Or What? cheesy undecided
Was I Born With Religion Inscribed To My Forehead!? How Is It Then My "Natural Identity"?
Bleep Keep Your Religion (No Particular Religion Exempted)
Religion Was Born Out Of Idealogy And Not Biology

5 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by babayamani(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2013
There is nothing like moderate muslims, you are a muslim or not, the Prophet and Messenger of Allah and his Sahabas (companions) are muslims, and Islam beyond the changes of time and centuries.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2013
pmc01: It has come to notice that some so-called 'moderate' Muslims have been condemning a fellow Muslim for writing against celebrating late Goldie Harvey, who has been surrounded with controversy in life and in death, as a national icon. I must say it is very unfortunate for this set of people. This is what I think about them:

Lol.. The Moderators warned me against yarbing you or muslims.. Am scared so i wont comment. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2013
Lol, now i know why there's red warning in this section..

Btw, find a more friendly color, Mr. Mac. Red has never been used to signify peace...

@Op: when y'all get to heaven, may God show us what love is all about. You condemn an entertainer when you have far worse problems, it's well..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2013
usmsam: Imma say this real quick.

What is so bad about someone just allowing this woman RIP? She had people who loved and cherished her for who she was. Everyday while she was alive people condemned her, and even in death still condemn her. All the hypertension she had killed her eventually and i feel like it might be because of how many people were judging her actions. Remember thou shall not judge ryt? Im sure there is a Quranic verse for that.
I mean everybody is human. Whatever one does will always be criticised, no matter how good. As a muslim, you know very well about not speaking ill of the dead. If you are perfect yourself, without sin at all, please continue bashing her.

But if you have nothing good to say, about someone you never even knew personally, just SHUT UP!!

RIP GOLDIE.

This bros. don vex. It is a really delicate balance, you don't want to speak ill of the dead but at the same time you don't want to start ascribing virtues they never had whilst they were alive to them. That has grave implications for the society at large.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2013
Mavor: Please the moderators should stop posting religious threads on the frontpage.

I take it Seun is a muslim. Cos when I wanted to post this, I got this Nairaland message---> "To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam."[color=#990000][/color] Meanwhile Christian threads face rubbish left, right and centre. Yet no moderation. Either Seun is a muslim or you have sold out on the free speech and liberal ideals that used to be the bedrock of this site. I don't support religious insult, at the same time I detest censorship of speech and ideas. Anyone who comes to Nairaland and sees comments he or she doesn't like should leave and never come back. Period.

Seun's an atheist...
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2013
I'm just reading dis post, I don't even understand what dey are talking about, TO AVOID BEING BANNED, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR POST IS NOT OFFENSIVE TO ISLAM. Mcheww plssss.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Walexz02(m): 9:52am On Feb 21, 2013
usmsam: Imma say this real quick.

RIP GOLDIE.
sir, try and get it right, the OP is not trying to judge Goldie in any way. The OP is criticizing some muslims who are trying to support celebrating Goldie's death as an Icon(or whatever) which is not good as a muslim. And Tunji even showed a thread which comdemed such by a non muslim.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2013
Please guys let's move to another thread let's leave dis thread to seun and his people.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Walexz02(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2013
uihebom: I'm just reading dis post, I don't even understand what dey are talking about, TO AVOID BEING BANNED, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR POST IS NOT OFFENSIVE TO ISLAM. Mcheww plssss.
....and would it be a taboo for u not to post even if u dont understand the topic?*smh*
Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by maclatunji: 9:58am On Feb 21, 2013
sureteeboy: My post has been hidden, what did I do? I just posted a link to learn about moderate muslims.

No, you posted a link that says Islam is a 'bad' religion and claimed you want to educate people about 'moderate muslims'.

If you are going to post antiIslamic links, don't lie about it. That will get you a ban from me. Don't pretend to be a Muslim here to post offensive content.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Ganys: 10:01am On Feb 21, 2013
Ha

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being A 21st Century Muslim? by Dawdy(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2013
How can A sane Muslim wish such A person RIP? The person who exposed her Body, who sang Haram Song. many palestinians are killed unjustly every day. Muslims dont have time to pray for them, but they do for A wayward musician.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Types Of Marriage Practiced In Islam / 10 Ways To Be A Real Friend / 12 Things You Can Do With Your Sallah Ram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.