Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53658 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

I like the spirit in the bolded part in your comment, nevertheless, i implored you and my other beloved bro Ngwakwe to ignore him, Silence is the best answer to a fool.

Ok brother, I wil.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
The world is progressive so is culture. There are things we used to do before in the name of culture which we don't do no more. The fact that at one point Igbo nculture was a certain way doesn't mean it will remain like that forever. We we must endeavor to keep alive are the very important ingredients that make Igbos. By the way there's nothing autocratic about this process. This is a process that seeks to forestall someone that will serve as a figure head sort of when Igbos are concerned. That doesn't in anyway take away your personal opinion or belief. Igbos will remain individualistic for a long time to come and it's even evident in this thread and the fact that you have questioned this process shows that you're Nwa Afor.

grin Nwa Afor indeed.
Yes culture is dynamic, Cultures evolve. Progressive evolution of culture is quite different from borrow borrow fads, moreso when such fads, from every angle, are manifestly degenerate.

If youread the Nigerian papers, you would read of the Ezeship tussles all over Igbo land. But not just that, even in far away places like Kaduna,Kano, Oshodi, and every nook and cranny of Nigeria, you read of Ezeship tussles, wars, endless litigations over something that so crassly non-beneficial to an average Igbo person.
This fad seems purposely established to cater to the inflated egos of overfed and mentally indolent psychopaths.
It does not serve any good.

I have lived in lagos and other places outside of Igboland for a long time. We have always had our village and community meetings every month as away to be our brothers keepers.
This is one of the great traits of Igbos.
We elect our president and officials who volunteer to run the affairs for one year.

The Ezeship or Eze Indigbo, does not add any kind of value to this system, but rather, takes much away from it by politicizing and attempting to aggregate power and authority to an individual.
This is patently UN-IGBO

I have seen the damages first hand , and have read and heard of soooo many .

The Ezeship or the Eze Indigbo crap is an ill wind that has , so far, blown no good to the Igbo People.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by kutchs: 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

Yeah? So next we will be having Eze Indi idomie and plantain?
Why dont you get off this thread if you dont like the idea of Eze Ndigbo? Your whole post shows some level of unintelligence (4give me but it‘s true). The whole idea of Eze Ndigbo is meant to offer leadership, have a voice that can speak for us on important issues. The lack of this ‘voice‘ is the reason why we Igbos are in this precarious situation 2day in Nigeria. A situation where everybody is speaking and leading is an invitation for chaos.

And btw your argument that there has neva been an Eze Ndigbo falls flat on its face. That something wasnt b4 does not mean it cant be now. Ideas change the world and the idea of Eze Ndigbo is one that will change Igboland for gud.

I know u‘ll reply do so and I will pick it up wen am rested, i just got back 4rm work. Gud aftanun.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
Please Umunna, let's cease fire and move ahead.

The nomination process is still on. Please don't forget that you are all entitled to two nominations. If have have made one, you are free to nominate another. But let's not nominate same person twice.

Further more, if you object to any nomination for whatever reason do not hesitate to state it.
If and individual has two ID and use one to instigate trouble, and the other to preach peace, such handles are considered one and the same, for the emanate from same mind. Ndi Igbo want 'fit and proper' individual from any Igboland (SE,SS or NC) to lead them. Let's be bold yet civil in this process. May our ancestors guide us.

Below is the update nomination list. Kindly nudge me if I have made any omission or mistake in the tally.

Name Nominations
Alex101 - 4
Onlytruth - 7
KittyKings - 1
Obiagu1 - 1
Slimghost - 1
okija_juju. - 4
Manny4life - 1
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
But ofcourse, you know nah . . . .cool

cry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, if you guys permit me, let me tutor him, in a respective manner. I so much dislike it when people have to insult us and yet they claim Igbo... Igbo gbakwa oku. If not, I'll let it go...

That I came out for who I am - A PROUD IGBO SON, yet communicate freely without fear even in Igbo is because of things like this, and yet, he writes his epistle out of sheer ignorance.

^^^^^^^

Please, ignore him for now.

He should open a thread on " Should we've Eze Ndi Igbo of NL", then he's case would be treated there.

We should focus on thread.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
lateef4me: I nominate Manny4life though I don't know if my vote is valid.....

I am not sure you are Igbo. Your nomination is in 'voice-mail' pending new information.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

The bolded part was your intention before posting that rubbish and i studied your motive from afar hence i seek mods help to get ride of your type out of this thread because this thread wasn't meant for such brainless argument.

Seriously , are you guys saying that there is no room for debate in Igbo affairs?
So in your world, anyone who steps to challenge an issue is deemed to have ill motives?
What planet are guys living in?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Vivipop(f): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Nne thank you for your support and your advice is noted. As you made mention that you are new here, i don't know if you are aware that we also have position for Eze Nwanyi, which is presently occupied by one of our daughter who won through the same formula we are using today to elect Eze Ndigbo NL. The name of our present Eze nwanyi is (ogugua). You can contact her and whichever way you can contribute to her leadership and move our women group forward will be recognized by your people ndigbo.
o di mma,thanks for the info...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by lateef4me(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
PointB,

I'm not igbo but I just love this laudable project....
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Nwanne see, this is exactly what this chicken head expected i implored you to ignore him let move on, as you can see trollies had started nominating him already hehehe chei, abeg free that lizard let move on.

This is exactly part my point. You are obviously running for this post. You see how your autocratic tendencies are already manifesting? See how quickly you demonize someone who steps up to challenge an idea without even having the courage to step to debunk my claims.

This is not us.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

grin Nwa Afor indeed.
Yes culture is dynamic, Cultures evolve. Progressive evolution of culture is quite different from borrow borrow fads, moreso when such fads, from every angle, are manifestly degenerate.

If youread the Nigerian papers, you would read of the Ezeship tussles all over Igbo land. But not just that, even in far away places like Kaduna,Kano, Oshodi, and every nook and cranny of Nigeria, you read of Ezeship tussles, wars, endless litigations over something that so crassly non-beneficial to an average Igbo person.
This fad seems purposely established to cater to the inflated egos of overfed and mentally indolent psychopaths.
It does not serve any good.

I have lived in lagos and other places outside of Igboland for a long time. We have always had our village and community meetings every month as away to be our brothers keepers.
This is one of the great traits of Igbos.
We elect our president and officials who volunteer to run the affairs for one year.

The Ezeship or Eze Indigbo, does not add any kind of value to this system, but rather, takes much away from it by politicizing and attempting to aggregate power and authority to an individual.
This is patently UN-IGBO

I have seen the damages first hand , and have read and heard of soooo many .

The Ezeship or the Eze Indigbo crap is an ill wind that has , so far, blown no good to the Igbo People.
Now, the bolded is just what the Eze Ndigbo on here is supposed to be. Don't get carried away with the Eze title. It's just a tile that seeks to show that it's the head of Igbos on here. It's more like a president. It's just like changing the name of the governor of Enugu to Eze of Enugu which simply means head of Enugu or Governor of Enugu. It doesn't mean he becomes the traditional ruler of Enugu but it's just an Igbo moniker of "Onye isi".

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Rhino5dm: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
berem: cry

cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ikweremilitant: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
PointB: Umu Igbo,

Consequent upon the resignation of Eze Odumchi, vis-à-vis the need to continue with our tradition of Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland, we once again call upon you to lend your voice in the nomination of ‘fit and proper’ Igbo man capable of leading us online in the 21st century.

The Nomination rules are stated below:

I would appeal that it is very important that conduct due diligence (profiling) before nominating any candidate. And due to time constraint, and the need to quickly fill any potential leadership void, a period of three (3) day (plus or minus one) depending on the event shall be allowed for nomination. A day shall be set aside for unfolding of manifestos (agendas, debates, campaign etc) leading to the election.

Umu Igbo, we have to move on. Let the nominations NOW formally proceed.

To help with this process will be Afam4ever, 9ja_I_hail, and Ujchief who served a members of the Electoral Tribunal in the last election.
pls kan an ikpere m$an votte.$just askng o

Ife ndi ibo na amasi em
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

And who is this untrained aji amu!? So I nwero respect for your elders!?

Zuzuru buru onwe gi ba nye na ofia.

Udene di ka gi.

Oburu na I nwero okwu, I mechite onu.
And here is our "eze" in the making...always ready to fire in the dark.
This not the type of eze we want but you still can win the election sha everything is possible this days.

I nominate Manny4life

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: I learnt in Social Studies that Culture is dynamic, Ndigbo are progressives.

No people fight a war without a commander. No naw.

By the way, why not go and dissolve Eze Ndigbo Canada, Australia and other oversea counterparts.

If I investigate your background, I will definitely find out you have left worshiping Amadioha, Kamanu, Uke, Njoku and other god of our ancient people for the God of the white man.

Please mind yourself.

Ha ha ha. Wrong on the bolded. grin grin

I am still loyal to Amadioha(The begetter of all) and his visible proxies
,Ani(mother earth),
Iyi(life-giving waters),
and Anyanwu( Life-giving sun).

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by tomakint: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
PointB: Please Umunna, let's cease fire and move ahead.

The nomination process is still on. Please don't forget that you are all entitled to two nominations. If have have made one, you are free to nominate another. But let's not nominate same person twice.

Further more, if you object to any nomination for whatever reason do not hesitate to state it.
If and individual has two ID and use one to instigate trouble, and the other to preach peace, such handles are considered one and the same, for the emanate from same mind. Ndi Igbo want 'fit and proper' individual from any Igboland (SE,SS or NC) to lead them. Let's be bold yet civil in this process. May our ancestors guide us.

Below is the update nomination list. Kindly nudge me if I have made any omission or mistake in the tally.

Name Nominations
Alex101 - 4
Onlytruth - 7
KittyKings - 1
Obiagu1 - 1
Slimghost - 1
okija_juju. - 4
Manny4life - 1
I have always admired and have great respect for this guy (onlytruth) he is a polished 'wordsmith' and not forgetting 'katsumoto' too, these two guys makes me love the 'Politics section' of Nairaland! But they have been lukewarm lately, well congrats in advance to the 'Eze-in-waiting Onlytruth' wink
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
I hereby nominate myself cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 4:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
kutchs:
Why dont you get off this thread if you dont like the idea of Eze Ndigbo? Your whole post shows some level of unintelligence (4give me but it‘s true). The whole idea of Eze Ndigbo is meant to offer leadership, have a voice that can speak for us on important issues. The lack of this ‘voice‘ is the reason why we Igbos are in this precarious situation 2day in Nigeria. A situation where everybody is speaking and leading is an invitation for chaos.

And btw your argument that there has neva been an Eze Ndigbo falls flat on its face. That something wasnt b4 does not mean it cant be now. Ideas change the world and the idea of Eze Ndigbo is one that will change Igboland for gud.

I know u‘ll reply do so and I will pick it up wen am rested, i just got back 4rm work. Gud aftanun.

Leadership my ....#@#@
Leadership in what context?
Look around you and tell us where in the world, your so-called Eze Indigbo has provided any tangible leadership on any matter or issues affecting Igbos.
Just be sincere that it is just a borrow borrow fad with an Igbo twist.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
[size=13pt]Independent Observer reporting for duty...

Who is doing the accreditation?[/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Biko kedu ihe e jiri were bekee bido onodu anyi nkea, O bu ndi ole ka anyi choro ka ha soro roputa Eze ndi igbo?

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
....BTW, I come in peace like I did last election.

No fighting.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
lateef4me: PointB,

I'm not igbo but I just love this laudable project....

That's good to know. I am sure you participated actively in the previous ones. We enjoin to participate passively in this one. Welcome on board.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
Lwkmd ibo people must be the most funniest set of people,lyk wats the meaning of this
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Now, the bolded is just what the Eze Ndigbo on here is supposed to be. Don't get carried away with the Eze title. It's just a tile that seeks to show that it's the head of Igbos on here. It's more like a president. It's just like changing the name of the governor of Enugu to Eze of Enugu which simply means head of Enugu or Governor of Enugu. It doesn't mean he becomes the traditional ruler of Enugu but it's just an Igbo moniker of "Onye isi".

That makes more sense, and thank you for your efforts at clarification.

Unfortunately, some of the contending Eze Indigbos ,the Autocrats and potential despots, have already displayed their hatred of dissenting opinion.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
CFCfan: I hereby nominate myself cool
gringringringrin

Next you will vote for yourself.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by imperiouxx(m): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland: By Election - 2013 grin

Reddit of US is like Nairaland. US is full of different ethnics still nothing like Hispanic or indian or Afro-american reddit etc. I blamed it on mukina faso who brought this to front page. Shiiiiiooooor. angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
ikwere militant: pls kan an ikpere m$an votte.$just askng o

Ife ndi ibo na amasi em

This is for Igbos. If an Ikwerre man duly believe he is ethnically and linguistically Igbo we shall accept his nomination. But of course you know we cannot accept Igbo denier.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
imperiouxx: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland: By Election - 2013 grin

Reddit of US is like Nairaland. US is full different ethnics still nothing like Hispanic or indian or Afro-american etc reddit. I blamed it on mukina faso bring this to front page. Shiiiiiooooor. angry
Pls can you translate to English pls?

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
ayswags: Lwkmd ibo people must be the most funniest set of people,lyk wats the meaning of this
Did you not see the topic?
...then you reply!

na wa o
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
achi4u: gringringringrin

Next you will vote for yourself.

Definitely. That's the way it works cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (59) (Reply)

"I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Chude Has Been Released / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.