Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG (20501 Views)

FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / Jamb Registrar's Reaction To Noise About List Sent To Unilag / MTN To Withdraw Multi-million Digital Library Donated To UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by yuzedo: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2013
centje: Sometimes i pity GEJ.
Lol! I swear me too!
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by tjdj: 9:33am On Feb 22, 2013
Dear Akokites, if anybody ever calls u a Malu/MAULAG again you have the right to injure the person by any means neccesary ,its now written in Nigerian constitution under sub-section 147,chapter 'treat-them-Bleep-up'
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by WINFORTH: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Hmm...just Another day in the office of our dear presido !!!. He's Actually getting used to making mistakes And Acting like nothing never happened. I know no one is perfect but pls Mr President..look well, seek advice, ponder upon issues, be very sure of thinking before acting. So you don't mistakenly wake up one day and change ur title to " the president of Ghana" or say you wAnt to move
Abuja to Acrra. WHAT HAVE WE NOT SEEN IN THIS CONFUSED PENDULLUM ADMINISTRATION.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by madjune(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2013
azukaazuka: good

PLEASE SEUN, STOP FLYING ADVERTS LIKE THIS ON NAIRALAND. WE ALL KNOW WHAT ADS LIKE THIS PROMOTES-THE PATRONAGE OF YAHOO BOYS. IT SHOULDN'T BE ALL ABOUT MONEY BUT IMAGE, BECAUSE POSTERITY WILL JUDGE NAIRALAND ONE DAY
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2013
The president should be hailed for his retraction and not scorned further, I keep saying NL is full of teenagers, so if u contested something and won, then u think its time to flaunt your victory? Let me tell you a real retardeen would not back down and there is nothing anybody will do about it, go and ask what protest went out when Ife was named OAU and what happenend?. GEJ has a listening ear and he has demonstrated it. This calls for more respect for GEJ. I hail u sir

5 Likes

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by meerah25(f): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2013
Well is politics. . .2015 is nearby what do u think?
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Myself2(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Nice move Mr President
What a caring,listening,humane president.
Good to see that he has listened to the numerous pleas and cries of stakeholders to change the name back to Unilag.
Hope those newest and Moremi hall girls will now keep their b.reasts in their bras and I also hope no runz girls/block-headed dudes and dullards generally in that institution will ever think of blaming their poor academic records on the name change to Maulag

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by fkaz(m): 9:42am On Feb 22, 2013
miqos02: jerry Gana again? this man no dey tire?

Yeeeeeea, those are yesterday men, who are now being transform to today men.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Numerouuuno: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2013
RICHIE BOI: “This is a pointer to the fact that the current administration is committed to entrenching democracy and justice in the country.’'
so the presidency didn't know the constitution was against it before changing the name?who are the presidents adviser's?They must be a collection of Dumb heads!
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
I watched one television with total disgust when Ekiti state governor Kayode Fayem poured tirade of insults on Nigerian youths,"'cos of their protest" saying we weren't abreast with history and the impact of late MKO Abiola .

I considered that a BIG insult from a serving governor that is "expected" to be conversant with the law and constitution governing our country.

I wonder what he's going to say now can't wait for him to make a speech on this reversal
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by vanstanzy(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2013
The fake @ss UNILAG girls go smile. It means, MORE ARISTOS will patronize them. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2013
this decision makes Jonathan more respectable.

it implies that he listens to the pleas of the citizens.

he could actually bury his pride and ego just to make sure draconian laws are not forced down our throats.

he deserves some commendation.

3 Likes

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by free2ryhme: 9:48am On Feb 22, 2013
this is a clear indication that our leaders don't think before they act ... they act then think later and react

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by talk2s(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2013
israel007: Lol.

It's not even in his power to make uturn or forward match. There are certain procedures to be followed and he just realised the battle against him had been won so to save his face, he's saying making a u_turn. Talking as though he's doing someone a favour by saying that.

U think unilag is like ur sitting room where u can change the arrangements as u wish.

It's a pity that having read through the comments on this thread, I'm quite disappointed that most of you have allowed blind prejudice and unnecessary hatred have blurred your sense of judgement.
The president demonstrates maturity, discipline and respect to the rule of law by making a U-turn, and self-acclaimed faultless, infallible and righteous Nigerians lack the acumen to commend him, for once.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2013
Numero uuuno: so the presidency didn't know the constitution was against it before changing the name?who are the presidents adviser's?They must be a collection of Dumb heads!

Frankly bro, it just goes to show that of them at the helm of affairs know absolutely nothing about our constitution.

ITS A PITY.

And they all claim to be educated.
*SMH*
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Dee60: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2013
Well done President. Thank you. Please no name name change for any other university in Nigeria.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2013
Denn: [ this decision makes Jonathan more respectable.

it implies that he listens to the pleas of the citizens.

he could actually bury his pride and ego just to make sure draconian laws are not forced down our throats.

he deserves some commendation.

I beg to differ bro, on the contrary, it goes to show that he and his team absolutely have know idea on the constitution governing the country.

*they should all bury their heads in shame*
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by drnoel: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2013
at least GEJ is now learning his place. Now he is learning that being the oresident doesn't give u ultimate power to do and undo without questions, something OBJ never learnt in office or outside it. I pity that he didn't seek advice from his brain stormers b4 making such a move. But then, which of them do so.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Frankly bro, it just goes to show that of them at the helm of affairs know absolutely nothing about our constitution.

ITS A PITY.

And they all claim to be educated.
*SMH*

COnstitution? how well do you know the constitution? Unilag was set up by an act of parliament and not the constitution pal.

lets stop this 'i sabi pass them' attitude

the guy for once swallowed his pride and reverted a wrong proclamation and we all sit on our cushions and mock him?

SMH
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by NaLaugh: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2013
good for them. Dem nearly fall their hand
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by BANGASOUP1: 10:00am On Feb 22, 2013
anishe: Fuc.k GEJ
Fuc.k NEC
Fuc.k Patience Jonathan
Fuc.k J. Gana
Fuc.k PDP and its cronies.

Up UNILAG, my alma mata. The Name that rings a bell in every household.
If you've not attended UNILAG, you've not gone to school. You need to go and write JAMB again.
hw much were u paid 4 dz act of online stupidity?
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Myself2(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2013
talk2s:

It's a pity that having read through the comments on this thread, I'm quite disappointed that most of you have allowed blind prejudice and unnecessary hatred have blurred your sense of judgement.
The president demonstrates maturity, discipline and respect to the rule of law by making a U-turn, and self-acclaimed faultless, infallible and righteous Nigerians lack the acumen to commend him, for once.

They're too blind to see
The president could have stuck to his guns and made things difficult for the agitators.Last time I checked,Unilag was a federal university,there are so many ways the school authority would have been blackmailed with subventions and grants,and in no time,they would start filling out forms bearing Maulag just so they wont be starved of funds.Abi if he had done that,is it the immature noise makers on nairaland that would havee bailed out the institution?
Much as Maulag sounds like the name of a shrine,there is really nothing much between it a Unilag as a name
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Myself2(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2013
talk2s:

They're too blind to see
The president could have stuck to his guns and made things difficult for the agitators.Last time I checked,Unilag was a federal university,there are so many ways the school authority would have been blackmailed with subventions and grants,and in no time,they would start filling out forms bearing Maulag just so they wont be starved of funds.Abi if he had done that,is it the immature noise makers on nairaland that would have bailed out the institution?
Much as Maulag sounds like the name of a shrine,there is really nothing much between it and Unilag as a name
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by enemmo(f): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=RICHIE BOI]Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan has reversed the change of name of the University of Lagos which he renamed Moshood Abiola University in a broadcast to mark the 2012 Democracy Day.

Chairman, Governing Council of University of Lagos, Professor Jerry Gana disclosed this yesterday in Abuja during his inauguration alongside three others by the Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufai

Congrats Ex Unilag and present unilag peeps
The same professor Jerry Gana again,That i have been cramming since I was writing common entrance in 1993,and I don finish university sef.I was resting from the name before I read this,now am
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by chinawapz(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2013
earn free $20 @http://eagerpay.tk bonanza iz goin on
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by WINFORTH: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2013
[quote a[b][/b]uthor=chief batiatus]The president should be hailed for his retraction and not scorned further, I keep saying NL is full of teenagers, so if u contested something and won, then u think its time to flaunt your victory? Let me tell you a real retardeen would not back down and there is nothing anybody will do about it, go and ask what protest went out when Ife was named OAU and what happenend?. GEJ has a listening ear and he has demonstrated it. This calls for more respect for GEJ. I hail u sir[/quote]

Listening ear? Really?...What happened to listening or seeking Advice before the name change. Why with till the court ruled that the name was illegal. What happened to doing the honourable thing by reversing the name change before the court rule( even after realizing Unilag was estAblished by An Act of the Nigerian Constitution).Can Obama change the name of University of New York to another name by himself and wait for months after being challenged even by the court? DemocrAcy indeed..
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by aieromon(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Changing the name was not a smart move in the first place. It takes a man of great mind to realize his mistake and rectify it.

Now we can all move on.

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by IYANGBALI: 10:05am On Feb 22, 2013
FineBro: The swag name is back!!!
yes o,now I can do yanga to all my aristos and other shareholders
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Revolva(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2013
Na now uncle jona head correct abi..what has he been thinking!!! Nonsense
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by IYANGBALI: 10:09am On Feb 22, 2013
Myself2:

They're too blind to see
The president could have stuck to his guns and made things difficult for the agitators.Last time I checked,Unilag was a federal university,there are so many ways the school authority would have been blackmailed with subventions and grants,and in no time,they would start filling out forms bearing Maulag just so they wont be starved of funds.Abi if he had done that,is it the immature noise makers on nairaland that would havee bailed out the institution?
Much as Maulag sounds like the name of a shrine,there is really nothing much between it a Unilag as a name
shut the fok up hater from a village school
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Myself2(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2013
IYA NGBALI: shut the fok up hater from a village school

There's one of the block-headed immature nairalanders
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bite me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sexualization Of School Children / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools / Victor Koreyo, Lecturer Renounces Nigerian Citizenship; Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.