Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG (20503 Views)

FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / Jamb Registrar's Reaction To Noise About List Sent To Unilag / MTN To Withdraw Multi-million Digital Library Donated To UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by funkymedina: 10:23am On Feb 22, 2013
bloody fisherman ..finally come to his senses
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2013
funky medina: bloody fisherman ..finally come to his senses

just because he came from a fishing community doesnt make him a fisherman.

dont you think your comments are tribal?

how would you like to be called a bloody monkey by a white kiddo from texas?
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by nerodenero: 10:27am On Feb 22, 2013
I respect the President's decision on the UNILAG issue.It shows the President for once has listening ears.Mr.President,Nigerians are not happy with your government.We need you to improve on matters that are of national importance.2015 beckons and that office isnt guaranteed if you dont turn things around for good.We are watching with keen interest.God bless this country.Thank your Sir.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Ejiekwu1(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2013
UNILAG, the Institution of FIRST CHOICE and the Nations PRIDE
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 10:30am On Feb 22, 2013
Denn:

COnstitution? how well do you know the constitution? Unilag was set up by an act of parliament and not the constitution pal.

lets stop this 'i sabi pass them' attitude

the guy for once swallowed his pride and reverted a wrong proclamation and we all sit on our cushions and mock him?

SMH

And what did this "act of parliament" came together to do
To drink beer and wine I guess.
Just keep "stabbing" urself with ur own words.
Again, u can continue SYH for all I care , it will soon fall off , and don't hold me responsible when I'd does grin
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2013
crackhaus: And when we call you(Jonathan) a retardeen, you think it's because we're haters? No sir, it's because you keep giving us a multititude of reasons to moniker you 'Retardeen'...
D way u insult ur president if u insult ur father a same then i think its who u r bt if not then u need some rituals performd on ur head.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2013
Myself2:

They're too blind to see
The president could have stuck to his guns and made things difficult for the agitators.Last time I checked,Unilag was a federal university, there are so many ways the school authority would have been blackmailed with subventions and grants,and in no time,they would start filling out forms bearing Maulag just so they wont be starved of funds. Abi if he had done that,is it the immature noise makers on nairaland that would havee bailed out the institution?
Much as Maulag sounds like the name of a shrine,there is really nothing much between it a Unilag as a name

Off point, my friend GEJ realized his mistake, hence his reversal, believe u me if it were by his powers he would have stuck to his guns, why do u think he reversed his decision Just think about it,
"and pls pare me the listening ears tales"
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2013
Rooneyboy:

And what did this "act of parliament" came together to do
To drink beer and wine I guess.
Just keep "stabbing" urself with ur own words.
Again, u can continue SYH for all I care , it will soon fall off , and don't hold me responsible when I'd does grin

please dont make me laugh.

are you saying there is no difference between the constitution and an Act of the legislature?

rooneyboy dont make me angry this morning o....i can make that 3G on your phone turn to half G o.....lol
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by touchmehard: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2013
emmaBS: Yet another reason for us to believe Jonathan is a trainee president.
Tufiakwa! Na waa for una o. He proposed the change of UNILAG to MAULAG, Wahala!
He notices that it's not okay by the Universty body and the citizenry and decides to retain the original name, just to please his people, another Wahala again!
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by dexmond: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2013
Kudos to Jonathan for respecting the rule of law. I wish he fights corruption too by sacking all his thieving ministers especially that woman that ties corruption like wrapper.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Boboedom: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2013
The President is simply a democrat and obeys the laws of the land. The law of the land is supreme and more important than any personal interest. Kudos to our Presido.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by touchmehard: 10:46am On Feb 22, 2013
funky medina: bloody fisherman ..finally come to his senses
Please tell us what you do for a living.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by godman01(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2013
I think its a sign of being humble. How many of you who are talking can do the same?
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by touchmehard: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2013
chief batiatus: The president should be hailed for his retraction and not scorned further, I keep saying NL is full of teenagers, so if u contested something and won, then u think its time to flaunt your victory? Let me tell you a real retardeen would not back down and there is nothing anybody will do about it, go and ask what protest went out when Ife was named OAU and what happenend?. GEJ has a listening ear and he has demonstrated it. This calls for more respect for GEJ. I hail u sir

Tell them. From the way these people are sounding here, mocking him for retaining the UNILAG name, were they really expecting him to insist on the change of name to MAULAG? Some Nairalandes are so confused. Sometimes I wonder how old they are.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by DaWhiz: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2013
Shame! He had to prove how clueless he his. Again! And so blatantly too.
He obviously didn't think thru b4 making the decision. This is a shame for the President!!! Smh
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Off point, my friend GEJ realized his mistake, hence his reversal, believe u me if it were by his powers he would have stuck to his guns, why do u think he reversed his decision Just think about it,
"and pls pare me the listening ears tales"

he reversed his decision because of the following reasons:
legal due process was not followed (note it was against the act establishing the university and not the constitution as you earlier quoted)
the name change was intended to appease to the south-west by immortalising MKO, a renowned activist from that region, this backfired obviously
there was no need to continue a non-rewarding fight....the people whom he wanted to please were obviously displeased.

On the question of if he wanted his decision to stand, well...its possible. here is how:
he would have sent an ammendment request to the legislative arm
his peeps would have lobbyed and influenced the assembly peeps....ghana must go bags could have exchanged ownerships etc
the name change would have been ratified by the legislature and pronto......MAULAG stays

but doing a CBA, Cost to Benefit analysis, its evident it wasnt worth the fight....

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by genxris: 10:53am On Feb 22, 2013
I said it before and i stand to be corrected that a typical yoruba man (including some non-yorubas that grew up in youruba land) is only good at opening their dirty amala mouth to insult and abuse their fathers.
Mr president has reverted the name back to UNILaG so why insult him for listening and doing the bid of the people,of course u and i know that if it were OBJ he wouldn't even give any of you hyprocrites the chance to agitate for a name reversal not to talk of agreeing to obey the people.
Nigeria can never be pleased even if King Solomon with all his wisdom rules Nigeria i bet you their must still be haters and never say good people that will paint him as the devil himself.
Why are we so torn apart in everything or move by the government.

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Sike(m): 10:54am On Feb 22, 2013
What was he thinking before?! *hiss*
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Thorby(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2013
Ignoramus...... Oshi........
Nigerian abeg wise up, weda na MAULAG or UNILAG, does dat guarantee ur success??
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Melahou(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2013
Igwe.:

Even God himself does change his mind with the prayers and intercession of the faithful.so, what's the big deal!

where is dis fellow from?
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Denn(m): 11:10am On Feb 22, 2013
genxris: I said it before and i stand to be corrected that a typical yoruba man (including some non-yorubas that grew up in youruba land) is only good at opening their dirty amala mouth to insult and abuse their fathers.
Mr president has reverted the name back to UNILaG so why insult him for listening and doing the bid of the people,of course u and i know that if it were OBJ he wouldn't even give any of you hyprocrites the chance to agitate for a name reversal not to talk of agreeing to obey the people.
Nigeria can never be pleased even if King Solomon with all his wisdom rules Nigeria i bet you their must still be haters and never say good people that will paint him as the devil himself.
Why are we so torn apart in everything or move by the government.

you are so tribalistic....wage better wars boy, dont belittle your self with such generalisations.....you start a conversation with "a typical yoruba man..." and expect your next sentences to be held in high esteem?

1 Like

Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2013
Denn:

are you saying there is no difference between the constitution and an Act of the legislature?

rooneyboy dont make me angry this morning o....i can make that 3G on your phone turn to half G o.....lol

I will strongly advice u stop contradicting urself.

I asked u a little question, u are yet to give me an answer and u are talking about going angry .

Now let me make it much easier for u,
WHO IS A LEGISLATURE

If u fail to give me an answer I wouldn't respond to ur posts again
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2013
Denn:

I will strongly advice u stop contradicting urself.

I asked u a little question, u are yet to give me an answer and u are talking about going angry .

Now let me make it much easier for u,
WHO IS A LEGISLATURE

If u fail to give me an answer I wouldn't respond to ur posts again.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by shakara4u(m): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2013
GEJ... no balls ....simple

no brains either
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by lacasa: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2013
All hail the Unilag peeps who stood for wat they believed in , by protesting all over lagos.

Now, the Retardeen should also revert bak to N65 cool
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by genxris: 11:16am On Feb 22, 2013
Fisherman,reteerden,clueless,shoeless,dumb,odechkwu and many more you call a man who the position he has attained in life (either by luck or merit) many of you or your generation may never attain half of it.
You abuse him and his wife while some of your parents are stark illitrates in the village who managed to see u through a first degree or are barely surviving on a merger pension or salary.
Jhonathan didn't put u in any miserable condition u are hating him for,afterall he is just in aso rock for 2yrs while your other saintly presidents has run the show for more than 30years.
I wish i can see your ugly faces as u vomit all these insults from your dirty minds.
(i am just forced to be insultive here too)
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Truckpusher(m): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2013
israel007: Lol.

It's not even in his power to make uturn or forward match. There are certain procedures to be followed and he just realised the battle against him had been won so to save his face, he's saying making a u_turn. Talking as though he's doing someone a favour by saying that.

U think unilag is like ur sitting room where u can change the arrangements as u wish.
Ever since that name was changed what have you done.....PAPER TIGER!!!...SMDH
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Rooneyboy(m): 11:20am On Feb 22, 2013
Denn:

he reversed his decision because of the following reasons:
legal due process was not followed (note it was against the act establishing the university and not the constitution as you earlier quoted)
the name change was intended to appease to the south-west by immortalising MKO, a renowned activist from that region, this backfired obviously
there was no need to continue a non-rewarding fight....the people whom he wanted to please were obviously displeased.

On the question of if he wanted his decision to stand, well...its possible. here is how:
he would have sent an ammendment request to the legislative arm
his peeps would have lobbyed and influenced the assembly peeps
....ghana must go bags could have exchanged ownerships etc
the name change would have been ratified by the legislature and pronto......MAULAG stays

but doing a CBA, Cost to Benefit analysis, its evident it wasnt worth the fight....

The bolded part of ur piece answers my question.

There are certain rules and principles governing a group/organization /or institution.

He just realized didn't have the soul authority to change the name of the institution.

SIMPLE.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Fpersiee(m): 11:24am On Feb 22, 2013
Igwe.:

Even God himself does change his mind with the prayers and intercession of the faithful.so, what's the big deal!
d best response so far
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Ngwakwe: 11:27am On Feb 22, 2013
If OBJ or Yaradua had changed the name
to MAU, South Westerners would have
applauded him.

Most of the protests were out of Deep
hatred for anything about the person of
Mr President GEJ and the resentment
people had on the effects of Fuel hike.
Re: MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG by Clemzy16(m): 11:29am On Feb 22, 2013
LAW OF RATAREDEN
The more a Retardeen tries to prove that he's not a Retardeen the more he proves his Retardeeness. What a Retardeen!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sexualization Of School Children / Coronavirus: Enugu Govt Directs Closure Of Schools / Victor Koreyo, Lecturer Renounces Nigerian Citizenship; Writes Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.