Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47952 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove: I just stumbled on this thread (one of the benefits of following Larry grin ).

Okay, where do I start? So far so good, you were able to hold my attention from the very beginning. Very few stories on NL have been able to do so grin.

I however have an issue with the description you gave of the physics teacher. I think teachers have regulation length beards, so the heavy beard on the teacher's chin are a bit out of place with what obtains in schools. I'm a teacher, so I should know smiley

'Broke into my reverie of thoughts'- scratch the 'of thoughts', reverie suffices.

You have it in you, keep it coming and try as much as possible to maintain momentum. smiley

I am so following your black asss!!! grin cheesy
Thanks Ishi, I'm highly honoured to have you on my thread. I will go back and see if my good ol' physics teacher will let me shave his luxuriant beard off grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
He sent me a PM. He's not feeling well. Let's pray for him.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nice write up. But too many grammatical and spelling errors. Hope you wouldn't mind cross checking your spellings well before posting. Keep the good work up.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove: Come Vantee, you no go update?

Shey una don see sey writing no easy? Abeg update quick before I vex jawe angry

grin
No vex, I've completed d story in my head, the problem is that I'm currently battling with fever, exam fever precisely grin. I'll update whenever i manage to shake it off.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
EPISODE 3
After having dealt with those scary guys, I inadvertly turned my attention to the girls. I walked up to where redhead sat with her hands tied and her head bowed, I tilted her chin upwards in a bid to have a better view of her face.

I gasped when i saw the cut on her erstwhile beautiful face, it was long and very deep.

... Rubbish Scarface. He wan spoil face for dis fine girl...

'Oh! Sorry,' I cooed, as I gently touched her face, she grimaced in pain.

'I beseech thee, untie me that I may have better use for me,' She said, after I withdrew my hand.

I nodded in assent, then I gently untied the rope with which she was tied.

'What is your name?' I asked.

'Elvira,' she replied curtly.

'What do those brutes want with you?'

'Brutus? Brutus?' Elvira intoned, looking puzzled. 'Nimius hath the controls of the rebels, not Brutus.'

I stifled a laugh. This girl is funny o. I said 'brutes', she's saying 'Brutus'.

At that point, I decided to ask her some of those questions that had been burning my mind since I found myself in these parts.

'Where are we?' I blurted out.

'Hither art Cevoùt forest,' she replied.

... Mtcheew, Which one be Cevoùt? That's not what i want jorh...

'No. I mean which country are we?' I asked, hoping to God she will just get what I mean.

She did not get anything, she just looked at me as if I had spoken in another tongue.

'Country? Country? What is country? Hither art no country. Our land doth bearst the name Casvillè'.

... Casvillè? What a name? Sounds kinda Spanish or French, but why is she speaking English? Well I'll deal with that later. I just wirh I had been more attentive in Geography classes, maybe I would be able to figure out where exactly Casvillè is now...

I suddenly remembered the other girl. I quickly walked to where she was tied.

'what is her name?' I asked Elvira.

'Ninian,' she replied.

'What did they do to her?'

'Who did?'

I shook my head slightly, I wonder if this girl have brains at all. I decided to ignore her for the time being.

I focused on the other girl errm... Ninian. I studied her features closely. She had dark hair, nice mouth and the robe had jealously covered the rest. I examined her carefully, her breathing was shallow and her pulse was barely there.

I became confused as to what do, First aid was clearly not my forte. Well, I gotta do something about this girl. I untied and lay her in a relaxed position, then I lowered my mouth gently unto hers in a bid to help her with the breathing.

Elvira pulled me back none too gently and spat in my face.

'Churl!' she hissed 'Servius wilt cut thy tongue'.

'How? Why?' I asked, irritated at being disturbed.

'She is bethrothed, thou oughtn't kiss her.'

I smiled softly at her ignorance 'I wasn't trying to kiss her, I was only trying to revive her by blowing air into her mouth. It's called mouth resuscitation.'

Elvira nodded in assent 'I thinkst thou tryst to takest her vantage, but thou only resuscitation her.'

I laughed out loud. Hehehe! This girl won't kill me o.

'Who takes care of sick people around here? I asked, delibrately avoiding any big word. Who knows what her reply will be if I said hospital.

'Thaddeus,' She replied.

'Ok, lead the way, we must go to him at once'.

'why?'

'Why? Your cut will probably need stitches and poor Ninian here needs urgent medical attention'.

Elvira touched her cut gingerly and nodded dumbly, then she stood up and started walking towards a narrow path without even looking back at me.

I heaved Ninian on my shoulders and quickly followed Elvira.

... God please, I won't watch mojo again, just let me wake up. This thing ain't funny anymore...

5 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
The last paragraph is the funniest. Weldone.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ishilove: 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nice snd simple. smiley. Keep it coming grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by dawoyo(m): 11:16am On Mar 22, 2013
Enjoying ur story. I'm following u bumper 2 bumper
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Bholar18: 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Nice piece...followin'
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Lol...soo comedic
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:
The last paragraph is the funniest. Weldone.
Ishilove: Nice snd simple. smiley. Keep it coming grin
dawoyo: Enjoying ur story. I'm following u bumper 2 bumper
oyestephen: Lol...soo comedic
Bholar18: Nice piece...followin'
oyestephen: Lol...soo comedic
Thanks @all, I'm really happy that my work is being appreciated.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
EPISODE 4
Our walk from Cevout forest to Camvillé was long and hard. Carrying Ninian all the way added to my discomfiture as my shoulder ached endlessly from her not inconsiderable weight.

Elvira made things worse with her endless chatter. She talked on and on, not even caring if I commented or not, until we reached Camvillé. I secretly wished Scarface had lashed her tongue instead of her cheek.

The path we took was rough and treacherous. Elvira said something about it being a thievish way, but I refrained from asking her what she meant. I was just tired of listening to her.

It was already dark by the time we got to Camvillé. We were accosted at the city gates by some men who were dressed in armour and armed with spears. They were the city guards.

One of them, whose name was Achaius demanded to kmow who we were and what we wanted. Before I could get a word out, Elvira told him something in a language I couldn't quite understand. Achaius nodded in acceptance and was about to open the gate for us when he had an apparent change of mind.

He came towards me, torch in hand, in a bid to have a better view of my face, which had been partly covered because I was carrying Ninian.

Immediately he saw my face, he went stiff with shock. His mouth fell open, the torch fell off his hands. Mehn! You really should have seen his face. Shock was unmistakably written on it.

'Narzil, Silbius, Waguul, come hither!' He commanded, when he recovered from his initial shock.

The other guards came rushing and Achaius said;

'Look, look, Hither art Athanasius.'

Elvira turned and looked at me with a renewed interest. I looked over my shoulders to see if he was talking about someone else. No one was behind me, he was definitely talking about me.

... Mtcheeew! Atanasius ko, Eponasius ni...

'Nay, it can'tst be,' said Narzil, echoing the same thing Scarface had said not long ago.

'Art thou a learner? Can't thou seest the black serpent of the gods around his neck?' Waguul asked, his voice laden with disgust.

'I know it is he,' Silbius added 'I can't blamest thee that knowest him not. Thou art but only a toddler when his twin brother was here.'

'Did you just say twin brother?' I asked, looking astonished.

'Yes sir. He was called Aloysius,' Silbius replied.

Now as much as I hate to admit it, this man had a point. I mean, I really had a twin brother. I remember perfectly that my mum once told me that I had a twin brother, who had died at infancy and also that I had almost died with him.

I was still deep in thought when Athanasius spoke, his voice loud and clear:

'Silbius, go and prepare the horses and the carts, we need to go to the palace at once.'

Silbius nodded and ran off.

Achaius turned to the two others and ordered;

'Go and announce to all the people in the Citadel that Athanasius, the undying one and THE SAVIOUR has arrived'.

Narzil and Waguul too went off, I instinctively turned to look at Elvira and what I saw surprised me.

'Why are you on your knees?' I asked.

'I beseech thee sir. Forgive thy humble servant for taking so many liberties with thee. I knewst not that thou art Athanasius, the saviour.'

I chuckled at her words. Me saviour? Hell, I'm the one that needs to be saved from running mad.

I know one thing for sure, I'm certainly not dreaming. It seems I have crossed the boundaries of sanity and I'm now stark raving mad.

To be continued... lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by LarrySun(m): 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Well-written. Weldone.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2013
Perfecto!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ishilove: 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lmao!! Eponasius indeed cheesy cheesy

I am so loving this story. Give us more!!! cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ishilove: 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Well-written. Weldone.
Indeed. You very well know I'm fussy about details (I jus can't help it, I swearrit! embarassed ), and Vantee has not given me fodder to chew on wink.

Very nice job. Weldone, Eponasius. tongue
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Well-written. Weldone.
Thanks sir.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
oyestephen: Perfecto!!!!
Thanks my bro
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ishilove: Lmao!! Eponasius indeed cheesy cheesy

Ishilove:
Indeed. You very well know I'm fussy about details (I jus can't help it, I swearrit! embarassed ), and Vantee has not given me fodder to chew on wink.
Very nice job. Weldone, Eponasius. tongue
Ishilove: Lmao!! Eponasius indeed cheesy cheesy

Thanks ma'am, I'm so happy that you're enjoying my story.
Errm, I don't know what fodder u're talking abt
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ishilove: 8:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
VanTee20:
Thanks ma'am, I'm so happy that you're enjoying my story.
Errm, I don't know what fodder u're talking abt
I smell errors the way a cat smells milk, so fodder means errors cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ishilove:
I smell errors the way a cat smells milk, so fodder means errors cheesy
Oh! Now I understand. Thanks for the compliment smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 05, 2013
Happy birthday buddy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by JoBle(f): 3:27am On Apr 05, 2013
Good start.Very funny too."Art thou a learner"? HA! I've got a feeln am gonna really like this story.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:09am On Apr 05, 2013
Damex333: Happy birthday buddy.
Thanks my bro.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2013
JoBlè: Good start.Very funny too."Art thou a learner"? HA! I've got a feeln am gonna really like this story.
Thanks ma'am smileysmileysmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by An0nimus: 9:59am On Apr 05, 2013
*following* Nice work Sirsmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by blueandred: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2013
Aret thou a learner? thats the funniest for me.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
EPISODE 5
In little time, Silbius returned with three white royal horses and a cart drawn by four horses with its driver.

Almost immediately, Narzil and Waguul returned too, telling Achaius that they have completed their mission.

'Sir, the horses and the cart art ready. Go ye with these men into the city for our people awaiteth thee.'

'Ok, but make sure that you help this girl to Thaddaeus' place,' I said pointing to Ninian.

Achaius agreed and I promptly jumped in the cart. I really needed to rest my legs, which were aching from the excessive walking and standing I had been subjected to.

There were two persons in the cart already. The driver, a tall, middle aged man with large bulging eyes and a very thin mouth & a young man with nice features.

Silbius, Narzil and Waguul mounted the horses, while Achaius opened the huge gate and we rode into the great city of Camvillé.

As soon as we entered the city, shouts, cries and chants filled the air. The wide colonnaded street was filled to the brim with a great number of people who were lined up on each sides of the road shouting words I couldn't understand.

... These people get problem sef. Can't they just stick to one language?...

I leaned over to Micus, the young man in front of me and asked;

'What is that language they are speaking?'

'Latin sir. The Romans art our overlords,' Micus replied, with the corners of his mouth curling into a soft smile.

'What are they saying?' I asked, when the shouts and chants grew louder as we rode deeper into the city. It seemed every single person in this city was out here in the street shouting.

'They are saying "Great is Athanasius, the saviour of Casvillé",' Micus answered, with the smile still on his face. Maybe, he felt honoured sitting so close to the great Athanasius.

I sank back into my seat with my mind in a turmoil. I pulled at my hairless chin reflectively, trying to solve the puzzles in my mind. Am I really the saviour these people have been expecting? What am I supposed to save them from?

The most disturbing thing for me was the mention of my long dead twin brother Stan by Silbius, one of the city guards. How did Stan get there? Why did he come here in the first place?

I decided to find out more about Stan from Micus and I hope to God he's not like Elvira who has brine for brains.

'Micus, do you know my twin brother?' I asked, shouting on the top of my voice to be heard. Those crazy people haven't stopped shouting.

'Not very well sir. He leftst our land long ago,' Micus shouted back.

'Do you still remember how he looked like?'

'Yes. Thou lookest about the same like he, except for your hair,' he replied.

I understood what he was trying to say. He meant I had dreads (Is there another English word for 'dada'?) and Aloysius didn't. His had probably been shaved off before he was buried.

Before I could ask Micus another question, the cart suddenly lurched forward and came to an abrupt stop. Aemilianus, the cart driver, alighted and announced to me that we were at the king's palace.

The palace was very large and splendid, with beautiful carvings and ornaments adorning it. As soon I entered the palace in the company of Micus and Aemilianus; the king, his queen, the princes, the princesses and all the noblemen came forward to receive us, no me.

'O Athanasius,' the king cried 'thou hath kept us wanting thee for so long.'

I mumbled incoherently because I couldn't think of the appropriate thing to say.

'For seventeen years, we hath prayed to the gods to send thee hither to us. Now that thou hath arrived, we art happy for the lord hath shewn us mercy,' the king added.

... Seventeen years? Why? That's umm...my age. Ha! This is an addition to my bag of worries o...

'Come ye with us to the dining hall, for we hath prepared a feast in thy honour,' the queen said to me.

I agreed and followed them into the dining hall, where the food and drinks were served. I only nibbled at their food because it didn't taste nice and the wine, well I'm not much of a drinker so I only drank about 8 or so cup of the stuff.

I was about to order the 9th cup when an idea struck my mind. Yes, if I go to sleep now maybe I'll wake up to reality, so I promptly informed the King that I needed to rest after my very long journey.

The king nodded and clapped his hands. Two curvy, half dressed wenches catwalked into the hall.

'These art thy birthday gifts. Do with them as thou please,' the King said, grinning toothily.

... Hmmm birthday gifts indeed. Ha! No sleep for me again, I gotta get busy. Wait o, hw did this man, who doesn't know me from Adam, know my birthday sef? Wahala dey o...

To be continued...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
hehehehe happy bday to u in real life and in your supposed dream!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
An0nimus: *following* Nice work Sirsmiley
Thanks sirsmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tovot: hehehehe happy bday to u in real life and in your supposed dream!
Thanks man smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.