Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (47951 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Mutaino7(m): 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
thou av want to killest me wit lafta. More strength to thy elbow.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mutaino7: thou av want to killest me wit lafta. More strength to thy elbow.
hehehehehe gringringrin. Thanks bro.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
Broda, thou art wonderful in writing. Abeg sleep and wake to reality
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
oyestephen: Broda, thou art wonderful in writing. Abeg sleep and wake to reality
How can I possibly sleep with those girls in my flanks Shey u fit sleep if to say e be youwink?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:10am On Apr 10, 2013
I reckoned that some people might have little problems with some Shakespearian words I use, so I've decided to translate some of those words to modern day standard English;

1. Hither:- Here
2. Thither:- There
3. Hath:- Has/Have
4. Art/Be:- Are
5. What (is he)?:- Who (is he)?
6. Yond:- That
7. Churl:- Mean fellow
8. Vantage:- Advantage
9. Thee/Ye:- You.
10. Thy:- Your.
11. Thine:- Yours.
12. Smatter:- Chatter.
13. Thievish way:- Road where there are thieves.
14. Withal:- With.

The update of the story shall be posted later today......or maybe tomorrow sha.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:59am On Apr 10, 2013
VanTee20: I reckoned that some people might have little problems with some Shakespearian words I use, so I've decided to translate some of those words to modern day standard English;

1. Hither:- Here
2. Thither:- There
3. Hath:- Has/Have
4. Art/Be:- Are
5. What (is he)?:- Who (is he)?
6. Yond:- That
7. Churl:- Mean fellow
8. Vantage:- Advantage
9. Thee/Ye:- You.
10. Thy:- Your.
11. Thine:- Yours.
12. Smatter:- Chatter.
13. Thievish way:- Road where there are thieves.
14. Withal:- With.

The update of the story shall be posted later today......or maybe tomorrow sha.

Hast thou been infected with the scourge of Foxybone that thou keepest us waiting? I pray thee, hearken not to the voice in thy head, continue sharply unless thou probably learnest.

Good work.. I am so liking this stuff.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Hast thou been infected with the scourge of Foxybone that thou keepest us waiting? I pray thee, hearken not to the voice in thy head, continue sharply unless thou probably learnest.

Good work.. I am so liking this stuff.
Abeg o, the scourge of Foxybone is the last thing i want to be infected with. I will try & update the story today if I can spare time.

Btw, thanks for taking time to read through my story. I'm highly honoured by your presence on my threadsmiley smileysmileysmileysmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
EPISODE 6
'Clang, clang, clang'

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up on the soft, springy bed I had been sleeping on. I squinted, as I tried to make out the features of the room I was in. A sharp pain shot through my lower back when I straightened up. It...

'Clang, clang, clang'

Haha! Who is ringing bell na? I wondered aloud. I sat there on the bed with my head buried deep in my hands as I tried desperately to connect the events of last night with the present. I remembered the feast, the girls, the.....

'Clang, clang, clang'

...There! I got it. That must be dad ringing the bell signalling the start of the morning devotion. Ha! Thank God, I've finally woken up from that nightmare of a dream o...

I jumped out of bed and made for the door. I didn't want to receive hot slaps from my mum for showing up late at the devotion.

I had barely crossed the threshold when I collided with someone. The person staggered and fell.

'Sor....sorry ma,' I stammered my apologies, thinking that the person on the floor was my mum. Maybe she wanted to call me out for devotion.

It wasn't my mum. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw clearly the person in front of me. It was Micus, the young man who sat with me in the cart.

'Haha! Why are you still here? The dream has ended na,' I blurted out.

'Dream? What dream sayest thou?' Micus asked looking perplexed.

... My God!!! So I'm not free yet...

'Never mind,' I replied, trying not to show my frustration 'Why are you here by the way?'

'I camest on the errand of my lord the King. The king demandest a conference with thee,' he replied.

'OK, go and tell the King that I will see him shortly,' I instructed him.

Micus left and I returned into the room. The room was large and tidy with a king sized bed in the middle. How could I even compare this room with the tiny room I shared with my nine siblings at home? I didn't even know when I was brought into the room. I was probably drunk.

I was still deep in thought, when a large glossy black bird emerged from nowhere and stood about ten feet away from where me. I shooed it but it didn't budge. I was about to hurl something at it, when i noticed a small note between its beaks. The bird was stretching its beak forward for me to take the note.

I took the note from the bird and it read:

" Dear Van, forget your meeting with the king, follow that raven and come to me now. I am Theodore the Sage and I will help you understand all those things that are bothering your mind. Make haste, I won't wait for long"

I promptly followed the raven because I want answers to the zillions questions bothering me. We left the palace (through a secret route) and we walked into the mountains.

Soon, we got to a cave, there we met the sage, a very old dressed in an all white attire. The raven flew unto the sage's shoulder and he patted it on the head fondly, he then turned to me and said;

'Van, Why you come stand there dey look? Sit down na.'

'Where did you learn pidgin?' I asked, surprised that a white old man could speak pidgin fluently.

'Na pidgin u dey hear? Ok, me no learn pidgin o. I jus get power sote, when I dey talk my own language, person wey i dey talk to go dey hear d talk for any language im like.'

'In that case sir, I would prefer made in Nigeria English. I am a horrible speaker of pidgin,' I told him.

'No problem. Please sit down,' the sage, the language had automatically changed.

I looked around, found a big, round stone and sat on it.

'I'm Theodore like I said in the note. I am the ambassador of the gods to Camvillé,' He started 'I have been watching you since you arrived this land. I know that you are confused, distressed and frustrated about the mission that the gods have given you. However I'm here to help you, so ask me anything that is bothering you.'

Before I could get a word out, the sage raised his hand to silence me and then he continued;

'Before you ask me anything, I must let you know that this will be the first and the last time you will see me. I shall return straight to the gods after this meeting, I have only about fifteen minutes to spend with you, so choose your questions reasonably and errrm..... Your time starts NOW.'

I leaned forward and inhaled deeply. This is the moment of truth. I actually asked the first question without thinking.

'Sir, Am I dreaming or is this real?'

The sage laughed out loud, it was a terrible laugh though, it sounded like the wheezing of an asthmatic patient.

2nd update is loading...

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
EPISODE 6(contd.)
'Van, you are funny o. Come to think of it, do you think it is possible to sleep and wake up inside a dream? Of course it is real,' he said after he recovered from his bout of laughter.

'How then did I get here?'

'You see, when I checked the sacred calendar of the gods and I saw that the time was ripe for your arrival, I had you teleported here?' the Sage replied cooly.

'Teleported?? Does that mean I am physically away from home?' I asked.

'Of course, you are. I just said everything happening to you is real.'

... Gbaaam! End of discussion. What more can I ask?...

I tried hard to remember the other questions before my time with this man lapsed.

'Am I really the saviour of your people?'

'You are. You won't be here if you aren't. Have no doubts about that, the gods never makes mistakes'

'What will I save them from?'

The Sage paused for a minute, for effects, before answering;

'Ummm Van.... I don't need to tell you that. Everything you need to know is here,' he said, waving a fat scroll in my face before handing it to me.

'How did you know my name? And why don't you call me Athanasius like everyone else does?

The Sage smiled, an evil smile if I ever saw one, worse than Mr. Ogwuzi's darkest scowl.

'It's not only your name I know, I know everything about your life, your family, your academics, your s'e'xcapades, even I can read your mind, I know the name Athanasius pisses you off. I am the emissary of the gods, I am powerful, don't you ever forget that.'

I lapsed into silence, I mean, what would you do if it were you?

The Sage however came forward and placed a friendly hand on my left shoulder and said;

'Don't be afraid young man. You are only following the path of the path of the gods. Nothing will harm you. Your time is up'

I rose and made for the opening of the cave.

'Wait, d'you know the way back to the palace?' he asked.

'Not really sir,' I replied.

'Keep moving, a film of dust will guide you back. Lest I forget, when you get back to your room, look under the bed, you will see a huge bag there. It's full of the stuffs your brother used while he was here.'

... Oh Stan! I had forgotten to ask questions about...

Before I could ask questions about my twin brother. The Sage and the rave had disappeared.

I walked back to my room full of foreboding. Hell! I was even more distressed now than I was before I met the Sage.

A film of dust guided me back to my room in the palace as he had said.

Immediately I entered the room, I went in search of the bag. I found it exactly where the Sage had said, under the bed.

I gently opened and I found clothes inside. There were books too, most of them were written by some of my favourite authors, Larry Sun, Ishilove, Foxy et al.

In the bag, I also found a red covered magazine with the pictures of half dressed wenches adorning the frontpage. I knew straight away that Stan was "a boy after my own heartgrin". Why not? Afterall we share the same blood and the same birthday.

As I continued to rummage through the bag, my hands touched something hard. When I managed to pry the thing out, what did I see?
A mobile phone.

To be continued.....

4 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Come and continue o
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Come and continue o
Haba Oga foxy! U wan kill me. Abeg make I take break jaregrin.

Thanks for commentingsmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
VanTee20:
Haba Oga foxy! U wan kill me. Abeg make I take break jaregrin.

Thanks for commentingsmiley.

Take which break... Na the same break I take wey make the other threads dey incomplete...

So no break for you, also if you want make this stuff make front page.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Take which break... Na the same break I take wey make the other threads dey incomplete...

So no break for you, also if you want make this stuff make front page

gringringringrin, your own is different o.

I'll try and update tomorrow or sunday sha. Depending on how free I am.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nice one. Looked kinda short though.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
brokoto: Nice one. Looked kinda short though.
I know, but I can hardly help it. I always update with a mobile and it's always stressful. If you see wetin my eyes see before I update today, you go pity me. Anyways, I will see what I can.

Thanks sir, I really appreciate your commentsmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
VanTee20:
I know, but I can hardly help it. I always update with a mobile and it's always stressful. If you see wetin my eyes see before I update today, you go pity me. Anyways, I will see what I can.

Thanks sir, I really appreciate your commentsmiley.
alright. You're welcome.

I de follow you for yansh sha.cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
You have a way of mixing comedy into your writing....I'll strongly recommend this for front page

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
oyestephen: You have a way of mixing comedy into your writing....I'll strongly recommend this for front page
*Prostrates himself*

Thank you very much sir smileysmileysmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 8:19am On Apr 13, 2013
VanTee20:
*Prostrates himself*

Thank you very much sir smileysmileysmiley.

you are now prostrating abi... It is when you do not update that you will see the black side of my eyes... Some of my updates are done using a phone.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

you are now prostrating abi... It is when you do not update that you will see the black side of my eyes... Some of my updates are done using a phone.
Oga foxy no vex. U see, I have been thinking of putting the story on hold until after 27th April but because of wetin you talk I go update once more b4 dat timesmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:17am On Apr 13, 2013
VanTee20:
Oga foxy no vex. U see, I have been thinking of putting the story on hold until after 27th April but because of wetin you talk I go update once more b4 dat timesmiley.

So you think April 27th is next week nde... How do you think the desire to write will still be there if you wait for so long?

Better be asking how I managed to complete those 2 tales... I was just pouring them that period because my job had not fully resumed that period.

I know say you suppose read but then, all work and no update make your thread to die. Imagine say we go vote make your thread reach front page.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

So you think April 27th is next week nde... How do you think the desire to write will still be there if you wait for so long?

Better be asking how I managed to complete those 2 tales... I was just pouring them that period because my job had not fully resumed that period.

I know say you suppose read but then, all work and no update make your thread to die. Imagine say we go vote make your thread reach front page.
OK, OK, u win. I'll continue updating until next week, but know say if I phumble in that exam, na u cause am osmiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by BlueLantern: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
VanTee20:
OK, OK, u win. I'll continue updating until next week, but know say if I phumble in that exam, na u cause am osmiley.
no mind oga foxy...e want make u phumble...buh dat one na lie...i'm granting u a break till on the 27th
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2013
BlueLantern: no mind oga foxy...e want make u phumble...buh dat one na lie...i'm granting u a break till on the 27th
Thank you my brother. Shey u dey feel d story?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
VanTee20:
yes we do. But if you have exams you better take a looooong break from obodo nairaland. If you fail na only sorry we go tell you.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
No listen to this men... You will come with the sole purpose of updating... Every other thing they are saying z a big joke...

Update till the end of next week na, remember say you been don dey read for very long time na...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: No listen to this men... You will come with the sole purpose of updating... Every other thing they are saying z a big joke...

Update till the end of next week na, remember say you been don dey read for very long time na...
Oga foxy, i no wan offend you o cos you are one of my biggest fans so I will post one long (by my standards sha) update before i take the break.

U see, I can't keep updating until next week cos I have an awful lot of things to read and errrm.....cram.
brokoto: yes we do. But if you have exams you better take a looooong break from obodo nairaland. If you fail na only sorry we go tell you.
Thank you my bro. I'll do just that.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2013
Dont mind foxy o, he u fail na 1 year be dat o. 27 is no more far again o,its only 2 weeks. After 27 u will now start updating every day. We love ur tory wella.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2013
Damex333: Dont mind foxy o, he u fail na 1 year be dat o. 27 is no more far again o,its only 2 weeks. After 27 u will now start updating every day. We love ur tory wella.
Oga dammex, I bin think say i don fall your hand o.
Glad to know you still dey follow me.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by BlueLantern: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
VanTee20:
y ano go feel am

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by luvmijeje(f): 2:12am On Apr 16, 2013
*following*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / The Diary / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.