Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge (18391 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan / Breaking News: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

On the bolded: people may want to call you doubting Thomas, but that's their bizness; i'd posit that 'seeing structures stand upright' isn't enough proof, as it might be a figment of your imagination; one may have to go up to the bridge and give it a good kick......if it's still standing afterwards, then you can shake your head in approval and say 'kudos GEJ'.

In fact, he should not believe until obama comes from the white house in company of the pope and they both take a group photo on top the bridge and afterwards, they should allow him to build a shop on top of the bridge. After running the shop for one year, then he can believe! SMH!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
@Omotier:

The 325Million Paid in August 2012 is‎​ for Consultancy services (Design etc). The actual construction is‎​ what JB is‎​ handling..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by kujix101(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: https://www.nairaland.com/1203651/when-president-jonathan-promises-he

Though President Jonathan is not perfect, I have never regretted supporting him for one second. He keeps proving me RIGHT on this forum.

Posterity will judge all those HATERS and DEVILS who tried to stand in the way of realisation of the second Niger Bridge.

5 decades after Zik built the first Niger Bridge in 1954, Zik is back to give us a second Niger Bridge.

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan!

God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!

There is only one Zik, and he died 17 years ago
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by ikweremilitant: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy
I fnd it very dificult to belev sm pepl in ds forum.fashola lunchd d eko atlantic city wit a huge stacato of noise jst lunchng o some pepl startd dancng azonto over a prtoject dat is not completd nw d 2nd nija bridge hs been anouncd for constructn u see sadist frm every angel cricticisng d project becos.is not lunchd by saint pope imam sheik angel fashola,shame on u pepl.obl who is a sworn hater of d ibos never did anytn for d ibos even d onitsa owere rd ws gven atentn by yaradu govt nd completd by gejs govt.d onitsha river port whic d west re doing everytn humanly posible to frustrate ws nt designd for a ship to sail throu but ships will anchor at onne,calabar,or lagos frm were barges will be usd to bring in d goods nd d onne port hs to be dreged for 50 thousnd mt vessels to cm in.nw d barths re ubder going concercion nd wen they re throu d ports will be functional.so pepl shoud undastnd d politics of nija dat sm pepl only turn patriots over nite wen tins re nt in dia favour nd dats exactly wat d fashola rougenubu lapgoats re dong hear in naira land

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by skyfall: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
CeCe Billz: In 2017 bah? Abeg I finally downloaded a cool pic of me, view and drop ur commentcheesy

It's UPLOADED, not DOWNLOADED. Nice pic, but go n cover your milkmakers.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Seriously, I came to this thread to see the kind of bridge to be built, the duration of construction, mode of financing, but all I have read so far is the usual blah blah. Aren't you guys tired of mediocrity? In a civilized clime, when a government plans to execute a project either solely or through a joint partnership, they provide as much details as possible to give the project credibility and also give the citizens the belief that they are serious with the project.

River Niger is a very small river that in my opinion, the billions stolen by Ibori, Obi and co could have adequately funded the reconstruction of a mid-way suspension bridge without the FG involvement.

[size=28pt]How politics stalled 2nd Niger Bridge, 21 years after it was designed[/size] ....>>>> http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/how-politics-stalled-2nd-niger-bridge-21-years-after-it-was-designed/

Are you not a funny clown? Dont you know where the ministry of works office is? You want the minister to come and post it on NL? Some of you talk like kids, its amazing! What is the job off business correspondents of news houses? Isn't it their job to publish these details and even critic it where applicable? Is the minister hiding any info? Even if he is, isn't there a FOI bill in place? Your rant is very funny really.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

In fact, he should not believe until obama comes from the white house in company of the pope and they both take a group photo on top the bridge and afterwards, they should allow him to build a shop on top of the bridge. After running the shop for one year, then he can believe! SMH!

Where are the pictures of this bridge? How much will it cost? When will the construction actually start and finish
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by taharqa: 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2013
Abel202: My people, This sounds good. But its been quite some time (in fact its been centuries as someone aptly put it here)since we started hearing about "Federal government to build second Niger Bridge". If President Goodluck Jonathan delivers on this particular project (ofcourse I think he will), then Jonathan's prediction of becoming the best president Nigeria ever hard from the most criticised one, will soon become a reality. If Jonathan brings back the rails (which he is already doing), If Jonathan takes our electricity generation and distribution to an enviable level (which I believe he is right on course), If Jonathan Makes this second Niger bridge a reality, plus the giant strides he is already making in Agriculture, Airport repairs and building new ones, New Universities and funding existing ones, Electoral reforms which are already bearing fruits etc, Then surely this much criticised Jonathan, this much maligned Jonathan, This much disrespected Jonathan will end up Becoming the best president Nigeria has actualy ever had just like the Super Eagles under his administration has ended a 19 years drought and won the last AFCON. Let us keep encouraging Him to do more. And let us also keep critisicing him constructively to keep him on his toes. He certainly needs to do a lot more in the area of fighting corruption and National security. I SEE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, WHAT DO YOU SEE?
Abeg, add the COMPLETION of the 1st Standard Guage Rail line in Nigeria to that list. Yes! GEJ has JUST completed the Ajaokuta-Aladja-Warri Standard Rail line. A test train passd tru the track yterday and was shown on National TV. It wud be 'Keshi' all ova pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Are you not a funny clown? Don you know where the ministry of works office is? You want te minister to come and post it on NL? Soe of you ttalk like kids, its amazing! What is the job off business correspondents of news houses? Isn't it their job to publish these details and even critic it where applicable? Is e minister hiding any info? Even if e is, isn't there a FOI bill in place? Your rant is very funny really.
I told you some of you have lived a life of mediocrity so you do not know what excellence mean The UK government is planning to build a High Speed rail line. By the time the information was given of the proposal, there was cost estimate provided, pictures, layout, possible impact and amount of jobs it would create! In Nigeria, Federal government announces the construction of a major bridge, no pictures, no cost estimate, no job creation data, no layout, no firm date for the beginning of construction nothing! And you are here celebrating? Imagine the Minister even said Hydrological Surveys is yet to be carried out and you are here shouting and jubilating?

[size=18pt]Weep not my Country [/size] cry
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
taharqa: Abeg, add the COMPLETION of the 1st Standard Guage Rail line in Nigeria to that list. Yes! GEJ has completed the Ajaokuta-Aladja-Warri Standard Rail line. A test train pass tru it yterday and was shown on National TV. It wud be 'Keshi' all ova pretty soon.
I thought the rail line was constructed by Obasanjo and was fully functional as a feeder route for Aladja steel company when Ajaokuta was resuscitated by Obasanjo and Yar'dua

As part of president Umaru Yar'Adua's desire to revitalize the transport sector as contained in the seven point agenda, provisions was made for in the year 2009 capital budget for NRC to execute some capital projects.
This enabled the award of several rehabilitation projects with a bid to rejuvenating the ailing parastatal.

The projects in its various state of completion include:
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE REHABILITATION OF RAILWAY TRACK NETWORK AWARDED TO M/S ROUGHTON INTERNATIONAL UK.

The Consultancy Services for the Rehabilitation of Railway Track Network awarded to M/S Roughton International, UK in July 2009. This contract is for carrying out the detailed condition assessment survey, development of scope of work and Bill of Quantities followed by work supervision for the existing rail network in Nigeria.

The services fall into two phases. Phase I is the scoping phase with three months duration while phase II is the supervision of Rehabilitation phase with a duration of fifteen months, totaling eighteen months.

By the end of February 2010, the scoping study for the entire network has been completed, Bill of Quantities for the Western line (1126km) has been completed and contract for this section has been awarded to two contractors namely M/S CCECC Nig. Ltd and M/S Costain West African Plc.

With these awards, M/S Roughton International has commenced the supervision of the contracts. The two contracts mentioned above are expected to be completed by December 2010.

CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE DESIGN OF TRACK PRONE TO FLOODWATER MENACE AWARDED TO M/S STRATEGIC CONSORTIUM LIMITED.

The Consultancy Services for the Design of Track prone to floodwater menace was awarded to M/S Strategic Consortium Ltd in June 2009.

Certain sections of the railway track network have been consistently ravaged by floodwater over many years. It was then necessary to make a detailed study of these areas and come up with remedial measures that will contain these menace. These areas include the perennial washout sites at Akerri Station near Zungeru town in Niger State, Zaria-Kaura Namoda branch line, Bomala-Zongoma section near Gombe in Gombe State, the Gulley ersion sites at km 54+3 near Aba and km 115+3 near Umuahia in Abia State and Bridge No.18 near Enugu whose abutment and piers have have undergone serious scouring over years. The scope of the contract includes the topographical survey, hydrological survey, soil tests, hydraulic studies, seismic sounding and design of remedial measures.

As at the end of February 2010, all the studies mentioned above have been carried out. The designs of the remedial measures for the Akerri washout site have been concluded.

As it stands now, the project is expected to be completed by March 31st 2010.

CONTRACT FOR THE REHABILITATION WESTERN LINE, TRACK NETWORK LAGOS-JEBBA AWARDED TO CCECC NIG. LTD.

The contract for the rehabilitation of the Railway Network, Western line, from Lagos to Jebba (488km) was awarded to M/S CCECC Nig. Ltd in November 2009.

The contract is for the rehabilitation of the culverts, drains, bridges, changing of rails and sleepers and reballasting of the track. The contract has the duration of ten months. As at the end of February 2010, contractors have fully mobilized to site. About 10% of the work has also been completed.

The work is expected to be completed in October, 2010.

RENOVATION OF 22 NOS RAILWAY STATIONS.

The contract for the renovation of 22 Nos. Principal Railway Stations were awarded to various contractors in September 2009. The duration of the contracts varied from four weeks to thirteen weeks depending on the size and complexity of the station.

The scope of the works include painting, treatment of roof leakages, improvement of toilet facilities, minor masonry and carpentry works, ceramic tiling of first class waiting rooms and supply of furniture items to the first class waiting rooms.

As at the end of February 2010, 20 Nos. stations have been completed. The remaining 2 Nos. will be completed before 20th March 2010.

RENOVATION OF 2 NOS PERMANENT WAY TRAINING SCHOOL, ZARIA.

The contract for the renovation of the 2 Nos. Permanent Way Training School Zaria namely, Training School and Student Hostel, were awarded in September 2009, to Messrs AIMS Nig. Limited and Justy Peters Nig. Ltd respectively. Both have the duration of twelve weeks.

The scope includes painting, treatment of roof leakages, improvement of toilet facilities, minor masonry and carpentry works and electrical works.

The two contracts were completed in November 2010.

Modification of microwave communication infrastructure for signal & telecommunication awarded to Messrs: NERA Microwave (Nig) Ltd.

The scope of the project are modification of the Microwave communication equipment, supply and install Muiltiplier Units, Solar Charger controller, Ssolar Panels, Solar Batteries and Protection of selected solar sites.

The duration is 37 weeks. The expected completion date is 6th July, 2010

SUPPLY OF 10,000 BRAKE BLOCKS

Contact awarded on 15th September 2009. Supply completed in January, 2010. They are used on Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons and Rail Cranes for breaking.

SUPPLY OF 10,000 BRAKE BLOCKS

Contact awarded on 15th September 2009. Supply completed in January, 2010. They are used on Locomotives, Coaches, Wagons and Rail Cranes for breaking.

SUPPLY OF AIR BRAKE PARTS (15 MECHANICAL COMPONENTS)

Contract awarded on 14th September 2009. 8 items completely supplied out of 15 in January, 2010. They will be used on locomotives for braking.

SUPPLY OF AIR BRAKE PARTS (ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS AND FILTERS)

Contract awarded on 14th September 2009. All items completely supplied in January, 2010. They are used for locomotive braking and filteration of lube oil respectively.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Where are the pictures of this bridge? How much will it cost? When will the construction actually start and finish

The pictures are in my pocket! It will cost 14 trillion dollars. It will start tomorrow morning and end tomorrow night! Ode! Who is your messenger that will find out for you? Or you want the minister to come and post it on NL? If you are really interested, don't you know the way to ministry of works office? Send a memo to punch or vanguard and ask their business correspondents. Maybe they will answer you. Lol

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
taharqa: Abeg, add the COMPLETION of the 1st Standard Guage Rail line in Nigeria to that list. Yes! GEJ has completed the Ajaokuta-Aladja-Warri Standard Rail line. A test train pass tru it yterday and was shown on National TV. It wud be 'Keshi' all ova pretty soon.

Are you kidding??

If true then that's exciting news. I'm actually close to Aladja at the moment. If completed and launched successfully, the socio-economic impact of the project will be unquantifiable..

Sadly though, Delta Steel Company (DSC) which is‎​ a major factor in the project is‎​ in COMA as we speak...thanks to the Gorilla from Ogun State!!!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

The pictures are in my pocket! It will cost 14 trillion dollars. It will start tomorrow morning and end tomorrow night! Ode! Who is your messenger that will find out for you? Or you want the minister to come and post it on NL? If you are really interested, don't you know the way to ministry of works office? Send a memo to punch or vanguard and ask their business correspondents. Maybe they will answer you. Lol
We your type still parading the landscape called Nigeria, the country has a very long to go! You have never lived in a decent society so I would not blame you for not having the guts to ask the right questions and demand answers. Moreover, you live daily from the handouts of political appointees, so you have no moral rights to ask questions anyway because your daily bread will be threatened.

It has not beckoned on you that the Minister of Works is a Servant of the Nigeria nation who is obliged to dispose His duties as is expected? How do you announce to the Nigeria nation of the award of the contract for the second Niger bridge without any details? Even if it is a PPP, the FG is still obliged to provide Nigerians with details of the contracts, the estimated cost, projected start and completion dates, prototypes and mode of financing of the contract.

We saw an example in Lagos State where the government planned to build a suspension bridge, gave estimate of the cost and what component the state would fund in a joint PPP. The bridge was laster awarded, everyone in the world knew how much the state was contributing, and when the bridge was started and finally at completion everyone saw the bridge being commissioned. Even though not everyone was in complete agreement with the final cost of the bridge at least people knew what went on and where in the execution of that bridge. Why can't the FG do the same?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I thought the rail line was constructed by Obasanjo and was fully functional as a feeder route for Aladja steel company when Ajaokuta was resuscitated by Obasanjo and Yar'dua

Contract awarded on 14th September 2009. All items completely supplied in January, 2010. They are used for locomotive braking and filteration of lube oil respectively.

Are you a comedian? Or your hate for GEJ is making you delusional? Project completed in 2010 and it has not be commisioned or used till now? LOL! You are very funny!

Seriously, you have become too predictable. Whatever GEJ achieves, you try to belittle it or discredit it. Where you cannot discredit it, you try o attribute it to OBJ or Yaradua. LOL! You are too predictable. Try another strategy!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Are you kidding??

If true then that's exciting news. I'm actually close to Aladja at the moment. If completed and launched successfully, the socio-economic impact of the project will be unquantifiable..

Sadly though, Delta Steel Company (DSC) which is​ a major factor in the project is‎​ in COMA as we speak...thanks to the Gorilla from Ogun State!!!
That rail line was completed years back and it was vandalized. Go to the NRC website and you will find details of that contract which was awarded during Obasanjo's regime and completed towards the end. Unfortunately, the steel companies it was meant to serve are moribund, and there is no major national railway line cutting across that region that you can link that railway line to to serve as a corridor.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
nice chest i must say grin
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
take dat: The model that was approved is a DFBOT model, I prolly did not read the counterpart funding from government part before posting. From what I read through another source, Government's contribution is N30billion from the SURE-P fund. How much is the total cost of the project cos N30billion is a heavy investment in a project that will cost say a 100billion. If government can inject such an amount into a concessional project, then such as arrangement is suspect!

m.allafrica.com/stories/201302230155.html/
This report throws more light on the issue:

"Put at a cost of N100bilion, the second Niger Bridge, which measures 1,760 meters and designed to have a six-lane carriage and a toll plaza, is scheduled for completion in three years with payment spread accordingly"
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/editorial/57-editorial/791-the-imperative-of-second-niger-bridge

If FG brings N30billion while private company brings N70billion and one toll plaza will be created, its fair enough.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

Are you a comedian? Or your hate for GEJ is making you delusional? Project completed in 2010 and it has not be commisioned or used till now? LOL! You are very funny!

Seriously, you have become too predictable. Whatever GEJ achieves, you try to belittle it or discredit it. Where you cannot discredit it, you try o attribute it to OBJ or Yaradua. LOL! You are too predictable. Try another strategy!
FYI, that information is from a Federal government owned agency and I took it from their website. You can distort the facts but you can not hide the truth. Jonathan has not awarded any Railway project in this dispensation save for the Lagos-Ibadan contract which was finalized during Obasanjo's regime put on hold due to contractual funding by China's EXIM Bank.

Also, far from you misguided truth, where Jonathan has deserved commendation, I have rightly given him that. I will never joined the Niger Delta militants of praise singers here on NL because He is one of our own. Obasanjo was vehemently criticized and chastised by people like us during His reign and today some of the achievement He can point to was largely due to the criticism.

Any sane government would appreciate dissenting voices. GEJ's government is no exception to the rule that where a government is no longer serving her purpose, the people must speak out and condemn every anti-people's actions the government takes.

I am happy to announce to you that I will not relent in my opposition to any form of misrule exhibited by GEJ and I would not succumb to your sentimental attitude and childish disposal to His style of governnance simply because we are from the same south south.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by deor03(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013

Cool picture by the way
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
We your type still parading the landscape called Nigeria, the country has a very long to go! You have never lived in a decent society so I would not blame you for not having the guts to ask the right questions and demand answers. Moreover, you live daily from the handouts of political appointees, so you have no moral rights to ask questions anyway because your daily bread will be threatened.

It has not beckoned on you that the Minister of Works is a Servant of the Nigeria nation who is obliged to dispose His duties as is expected? How do you announce to the Nigeria nation of the award of the contract for the second Niger bridge without any details? Even if it is a PPP, the FG is still obliged to provide Nigerians with details of the contracts, the estimated cost, projected start and completion dates, prototypes and mode of financing of the contract.

We saw an example in Lagos State where the government planned to build a suspension bridge, gave estimate of the cost and what component the state would fund in a joint PPP. The bridge was laster awarded, everyone in the world knew how much the state was contributing, and when the bridge was started and finally at completion everyone saw the bridge being commissioned. Even though not everyone was in complete agreement with the final cost of the bridge at least people knew what went on and where in the execution of that bridge. Why can't the FG do the same?

I see that you are too thick to get it so let me break itt down for you.

There are official channels for diseminating information. NL is not an official channel. When the information is diseminated, the responsible and patriotic press carries it and delivers it to the public. If you want to get information on government projects, watch NTA and AIT. You can not get any info if you keep watching TVC and reading sarharareporters. They will never carry such news. They are only interested in sensational stories and rumours. Get it?
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by GARRIx7(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
That rail line was completed years back and it was vandalized. Go to the NRC website and you will find details of that contract which was awarded during Obasanjo's regime and completed towards the end. Unfortunately, the steel companies it was meant to serve are moribund, and there is no major national railway line cutting across that region that you can link that railway line to to serve as a corridor.

The project actually started over a decade ago, as to if it has been completed, the portion that crosses the Ovwian-Ubogo-Otor Udu Rd (which is‎​ close to Aladja) was complete the last time I passed. Much of the work done on the project was done before GEJ came to office (I'll estimate 90%). However he should do his part to finish it off and also revive the Steel Industries that were killed by Obj and his cronies...
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ok sire
skyfall:

It's UPLOADED, not DOWNLOADED. Nice pic, but go n cover your milkmakers.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
This report throws more light on the issue:

"Put at a cost of N100bilion, the second Niger Bridge, which measures 1,760 meters and designed to have a six-lane carriage and a toll plaza, is scheduled for completion in three years with payment spread accordingly"
http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/editorial/57-editorial/791-the-imperative-of-second-niger-bridge

If FG brings N30billion while private company brings N70billion and one toll plaza will be created, its fair enough.
Given that you are the spoke person of GEJ on NL, is the bridge being awarded to JB the same as that designed by the brilliant minds at NSE? I ask this question without any prejudice.
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by fagin1982(m): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2013

Lovely..You are beautiful
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
Too much igbo
ikwere militant: I fnd it very dificult to belev sm pepl in ds forum.fashola lunchd d eko atlantic city wit a huge stacato of noise jst lunchng o some pepl startd dancng azonto over a prtoject dat is not completd nw d 2nd nija bridge hs been anouncd for constructn u see sadist frm every angel cricticisng d project becos.is not lunchd by saint pope imam sheik angel fashola,shame on u pepl.obl who is a sworn hater of d ibos never did anytn for d ibos even d onitsa owere rd ws gven atentn by yaradu govt nd completd by gejs govt.d onitsha river port whic d west re doing everytn humanly posible to frustrate ws nt designd for a ship to sail throu but ships will anchor at onne,calabar,or lagos frm were barges will be usd to bring in d goods nd d onne port hs to be dreged for 50 thousnd mt vessels to cm in.nw d barths re ubder going concercion nd wen they re throu d ports will be functional.so pepl shoud undastnd d politics of nija dat sm pepl only turn patriots over nite wen tins re nt in dia favour nd dats exactly wat d fashola rougenubu lapgoats re dong hear in naira land

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by CeCeBillz(f): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Tanks dear
fagin1982:

Lovely..You are beautiful
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
thelastPope:

I see that you are too thick to get it so let me break itt down for you.

There are official channels for diseminating information. NL is not an official channel. When the information is diseminated, the responsible and patriotic press carries it and delivers it to the public. If you want to get information on government projects, watch NTA and AIT. You can not get any info if you keep watching TVC and reading sarharareporters. They will never carry such news. They are only interested in sensational stories and rumours. Get it?
Can you not see how stupid you sound when you are quick to condemn TVC and SR yet blind to the fact that NTA and AIT are yellow journalism newscorp? If anything, a major construction work as the second Niger bridge should be a news article the ministry of information will collaborate with the ministry of works to ensure that every Nigerian gets to know that the FG is finally doing something about.

For a bridge as important as the second Niger bride, while should the President who claim to have brought facebook to Nigeria not deemed it fit that Nigerians in diaspora would also like to have details of this contract made known to them on the web? Even the Ministry of Works website have no details about this contract..
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
Josh090:
One thing stands out in your pp......your...wait are you a manCHESTer fan?

nna, the thing di egwu! It seems dats what she wanted to advertise in d 1st place. A cossy orjiakor wanna be?
To topic..no comment yet,till i drive on dat bridge..
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
FYI, that information is from a Federal government owned agency and I took it from their website. You can distort the facts but you can not hide the truth. Jonathan has not awarded any Railway project in this dispensation save for the Lagos-Ibadan contract which was finalized during Obasanjo's regime put on hold due to contractual funding by China's EXIM Bank.

Also, far from you misguided truth, where Jonathan has deserved commendation, I have rightly given him that. I will never joined the Niger Delta militants of praise singers here on NL because He is one of our own. Obasanjo was vehemently criticized and chastised by people like us during His reign and today some of the achievement He can point to was largely due to the criticism.

Any sane government would appreciate dissenting voices. GEJ's government is no exception to the rule that where a government is no longer serving her purpose, the people must speak out and condemn every anti-people's actions the government takes.

I am happy to announce to you that I will not relent in my opposition to any form of misrule exhibited by GEJ and I would not succumb to your sentimental attitude and childish disposal to His style of governnance simply because we are from the same south south.

You are a Fashola sychophant and your posts gives you up easily. You can't fool anyone. LOL. You are not from the Niger Delta so don't waste your deceit. You are not a critic, you are an opposition paid propaganda tool. LOL!

See you almost tried and then you shot yourself again! Does GEJ have to actually give out the contract to succeed? Is government not about continuity? Did Yaradua not try to reverse most of OBJ's policies and projects? Even the power road map was abadoned by Yaradua. But accoording to you, the credit should go to OBJ and Yaradua for projects they talked about but didn't implement. The same projects governments before them even talked about. It is like someone claiming OBJ should be credited for the progress in the power reforms when he actually set up the power road map in 2005, 6 years into his 8 year tenure and with billions of dolars spent but a GEJ who has actually implemented it this far doesn't deserve any credit. You are a confirmed tribalist!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by OmoTier1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

The project actually started over a decade ago, as to if it has been completed, the portion that crosses the Ovwian-Ubogo-Otor Udu Rd (which is‎​ close to Aladja) was complete the last time I passed. Much of the work done on the project was done before GEJ came to office (I'll estimate 90%). However he should do his part to finish it off and also revive the Steel Industries that were killed by Obj and his cronies...
At bolded, I completely agree with you. Government is continuous, hence who ever find himself or herself at the helms should do the much they can to get things started, and completed or complete the ones they met on ground. What I find unacceptable is the propaganda that this present government began all the rail works that were moribund for years. The truth remain that Obasanjo began the revival of the rail networks in the country and it is good that Yar'dua and GEJ have sustained the project and I will commend them for doing so. However, this is not where we hope to be and we must not get carried away with mediocrity. This government has so much goodwill going for Her so excellence is what is expected not sub-per.

People often mistake valid criticism of GEJ for hatred, and that is one absolute trash and ignorance people keep displaying on NL. If anything, GEJ is just another soul on the face of the earth and His success or failure affects the whole of Nigeria than himself, so why wouldn't one want him to succeed in the first instance? I personally want Him to because Nigeria will be the better for it when He does succeed!
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2013
I can see some mischief maker are here to confuse themselves by bring up the issue of the N325million contract of the second Niger Bridge that was awarded last year.

Let me make this clarification for the purpose of fair minded Nigerians. The N325 contract was not to build the second Niger Bridge. Rather it was for the transactional advisory for the project since its a PPP.

The report below says it all:

“Council considered and approved the memo by the minister of works for the award of contract for transactional advisory for design, build, finance and operate (DBFO) on the 2nd Niger Bridge linking Anambra and Delta states in favour of Messrs Roughton International Limited in the sum of N325,638,828.00 with 16 months as completion period”
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/42587-fg-awards-contract-for-design-of-2nd-niger-bridge
Re: Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge by thelastPope(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Hahahahahahaha! You are really trying sooooo hard to take the credit away from GEJ aint you? Hahahahahahahahahaha! You guys are amazingly partisan! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

90% completed before GEJ? Bwahahahahahahahahaha! It is amazing that suddenly everything was completed before GEJ but we are just seeing these things come to life. Na wao! Railway: completed before GEJ! Power: completed before GEJ! Airports: completed before GEJ! Niger bridge: completed before GEJ! FOI bill: completed before GEJ! Electoral reforms: completed before GEJ! Agric reforms and cargo ports: completed before GEJ! Afcon throphy: completed before GEJ! This my post completed before GEJ!

Two years from now, it will be, over 10000MW: completed before GEJ! Standard rail track across the country: completed before GEJ! National Health Bill: completed before GEJ! LOL!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari at FEC meeting today / Soyinka To DSS: Release Sowore And Save Nigeria From Embarrassment / Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.