Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27106 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by timiranky: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Bad Bad advice full this place. e b like say the girl get sense pass some of her advisers. Na ur mama she be, follow am talk. tell am ur mind the way u tell us so. if u no fit confront am face-to-face, leave note for am.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 26, 2013
salt 1: At 90, my grandma was still slapping my 70year old mom and calling her a naughty child. She also covered my mouth with a slap once.
Now that she's gone, we remember her with so much tenderness and love; the odd slaps notwithstanding, she was a very likeable person.
Tough love! But you won't have her forever! Go, girl, tell Mom you love her soooooo much and even tho you resent the slap, you know she loves you enough to care about how you behave and you'll always be there for her.
Believe me, if she dies tomorrow and you're going thro this your thread, you'll be ashamed Of your reaction and wish she was around: even to slap you.
Nobody, not even your dad who's moved on with another woman, loves you like this your emotionally needy Mom.
You're ALL she has and she's the only person that truly loves you
Awww thank you, salt. Your advice correlates with one I have in mind. Thank you
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by latestsunny(m): 11:06am On Feb 26, 2013
Having gone thru diff advise-sum r gud why majority r bad. Assuming u r married n ur hussy do slap u,ll u pack out @ d slightest chance? My advise- d solution to any prob is nt by running away frm it but by facing it. Have a hrt-2-hrt discussn wif ur mum,u cn also discuss it wif ur mum's close frnd. MORE IMPORTANTLY,U NID TO AMEND UR WAYS,I'm sure der r tins ur mum wnt u to drop in ur behaviour
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by muscar: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2013
*Nods head approvingly* now we know why your papa leave your mama grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dasparrow: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2013
wirinet: I am very disappointed reading comments from fellow nigerians, especially the youth claiming it is ok or acceptable to be physically abused by parents. It is even more shocking to claim that physically hitting a 23 year old adult is discipline, training and love. Any parents that could not instill discipline on his child by the age of 20 has failed, because permanent character traits have formed by that age.

Physically abusing young adults to me is a sign of mental laziness, psychological disorder and weakness. It just shows someone who is trying to dominate those who seems weak and vulnerable. Such person would not be able to stand up to those in superior positions.

Young adults needs to realize they are adults and leaders of today not tomorrow. At 23, they could be in leadership position leading people their parents age. So it makes no sense for them to cower or tremble before parents or their age group.

What a parent should crave from their children is respect and love, not fear and domination. No wonder the general population take and accept abuse from elders, politicians, religious leaders, etc.

Nigerians are generally abusive so it comes as no surprise that the average Nigerian condones violence and abuse.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by mikeslim(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2013
when you no get sense why dem no go slap sense enta ya coconut
grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dealordea(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Adult abuse
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
salt 1: At 90, my grandma was still slapping my 70year old mom and calling her a naughty child. She also covered my mouth with a slap once.
Now that she's gone, we remember her with so much tenderness and love; the odd slaps notwithstanding, she was a very likeable person.
Tough love! But you won't have her forever! Go, girl, tell Mom you love her soooooo much and even tho you resent the slap, you know she loves you enough to care about how you behave and you'll always be there for her.
Believe me, if she dies tomorrow and you're going thro this your thread, you'll be ashamed Of your reaction and wish she was around: even to slap you.
Nobody, not even your dad who's moved on with another woman, loves you like this your emotionally needy Mom.
You're ALL she has and she's the only person that truly loves you

your 90 yr old granny slapping your mum at 70? Was that a disciplinary measure, training or show of affection also?

From the above it simply meant that your granny was richer and more influential than your mum. Because we Africans love to subjugate and dominate those we have power over. That is why a police corporal would slap those he feels he has power over. If your mum was a first lady, a senior government official or a successful business woman, your granny would not dear insult your mum not to talk of slapping her.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by salt1: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
wirinet:

your 90 yr old granny slapping your mum at 70? Was that a disciplinary measure, training or show of affection also?

From the above it simply meant that your granny was richer and more influential than your mum. Because we Africans love to subjugate and dominate those we have power over. That is why a police corporal would slap those he feels he has power over. If your mum was a first lady, a senior government official or a successful business woman, your granny would not dear insult your mum not to talk of slapping her.

My grandma at 90 richer or more influential than my mom at 70? We never gave that a thought but now that you say it, I think they were equally POOR!

Slapping mama had nothing to do with discipline, training or affection. It had all to do with the matriarch's disposition. This is why I told the op that her mom is emotionally needy. Considered a failure by a society which stigmatizes a female divorcee as a failure, all hopes of being reconciled to her husband dashed by seeing the man has moved on with another woman, she pours in all her love (and occasional frustrations) on this only child she can call her own. But the young woman is an individual and sometimes doesn't meet Mom's expectations and she lashes out at her.
The young woman, who hopes to be a mom one day, should reassure her mom of her love and support, not threaten or retaliate. They have each other and will pull through this difficult phase and enjoy adult friendship.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Aderemicharles(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sorry dear but if I may ask: are u d only one staying with her or is dat how she slap pple. Just don't take it too far she is still ur mum
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by hussainahlami(f): 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
Just b care in wateva u intend doing. I ll advice u exercise patient,remember she is stil ur MUM
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
salt 1:

My grandma at 90 richer or more influential than my mom at 70? We never gave that a thought but now that you say it, I think they were equally POOR!

Slapping mama had nothing to do with discipline, training or affection. It had all to do with the matriarch's disposition. This is why I told the op that her mom is emotionally needy. Considered a failure by a society which stigmatizes a female divorcee as a failure, all hopes of being reconciled to her husband dashed by seeing the man has moved on with another woman, she pours in all her love (and occasional frustrations) on this only child she can call her own. But the young woman is an individual and sometimes doesn't meet Mom's expectations and she lashes out at her.
The young woman, who hopes to be a mom one day, should reassure her mom of her love and support, not threaten or retaliate. They have each other and will pull through this difficult phase and enjoy adult friendship.

Thanks for your response, it is very matured and informative. I abhor all kinds of abuse and expoitation, whether physically or psychologically, it produces log lasting scars to victims, who usually continue the cycle by also abusing those that they exercise power over. Most of us are carrying the baggage of abuses we had suffered in the past. Even me carry some of this baggage, for example, my primary school education was torture, you cannot afford to forget any of the recital we were forced to cram. If you miss a single line of the times table we were forced to recite every morning, the evidence would be visible with scars on your back, and i still have many scars to show for many forgetfulness of the times table. As a parent i also suffer from impatience when teaching my 4 year old kid, that i sometimes slap him uncontrollably for mis-spelling some words. On many occasions i tried to control myself, but i can't, so most of the time i tell my wife to help our son with his home work.

So i concur with you that the African society is very harsh, especially to perceived failures, thereby leading to a psychological cycle of abuses and emotional trauma. That was why i said we need to start embracing psychological medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Rating all the advice on this thread, I think mine would be rated the best because my advice got the most likes which means @staicey the OP should use my advice
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
FXKing2012: Rating all the advice on this thread, I think mine would be rated the best because my advice got the most likes which means @staicey the OP should use my advice
u sure say ur gal dey dix we site so? Watching u on 3D. Nairaland police
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
youngchopper: u sure say ur gal dey dix we site so? Watching u on 3D. Nairaland police
Yes she is

Nairaland SSS
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by lordkpakpando: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
Go and learn tai chi and kung fu so dat when she wants to slap you next time, you will just be dodging her. She will continue to swing her hands until may be a bone will break and then they will bandage her hands and dat will definitely serve as a lesson. Hahahhaahahahaah
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by SAFO(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
23 yrs old and still living at home undecided

As long as you maintain under her roof, prepare to continously be slapped. Ever heard the idiom "My house my rules".

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Testerfuze(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
FXKing2012:
If you are earning peanuts then you need to up your pay in order to depend less on her. You say she buys you things and I'm sure she also picks all the bills, that might actually cause her not to respect you as much as you'd have wanted even though she loves you.

As for the boyfriend, you need to be extra careful because most of them boys are only after one thing.

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.
c scope,is dis a new way 2 toast gals...oh my gosh!! Nd u're sayin guys ar d same,wat ar u,aren't u a guy? Pissed off!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
SAFO: 23 yrs old and still living at home undecided

As long as you maintain under her roof, prepare to continously be slapped. Ever heard the idiom "My house my rules".

Is that how you were/are slapped whem you were still staying under same roof with your parents? I dont get it
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
staicey:

Is that how you were/are slapped whem you were still staying under same roof with your parents? I dont get it

Lol
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lol

Seriously smiley
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Jah Man:

You are the most depraved human being I have ever come across in NL?
And who told you a man must have an ex he will always run back to?
Who taught those EX's how to perform very well at the sex-act?
Don't you know the ultimate pleasure is in learning and exploring your bodies together as husband and wife?
Please stop opening your mouth in publish to vomit devilish advice.
It is either you repent or you are in danger of hell fire.

@OP, I am coming back to respond to you after an urgent meeting.
But note that,those telling you what you want to hear,or are planning to do may be misleading you.
Slapping a 23 year old sounds strange,but we have only heard your part of the story.
Stay tuned.......
whatever works for u,,,i guess somepeople are living in mars,let the blind be blind cool
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
chichi254: Achina boy, since when did pre-marital sex becom a virtue? It hurts me 2 hear/see people like u whose ulterior motive is 2 lure peopl into sexual immorality in d name of advice. The so called professionals u talked about, were they not once virgins b4 they met people like u who brainwashed them into losing it? U don't even deserve 2 marry a virgin so don't worry urself about d possibility of not enjoyin sex wit them. Concernin what u will advise ur children, if i were God, i won't give u any since u desire is 2 lead them astray. Anyway, i would advise that u stop deceivin innocent souls becos i beliv that deep inside u, u knw d truth.
U are not God,and will never be,,i already got three kids all girls,and i will not let them get married as virgins,this is my life and my opinion,so choose yours,i have my reasons,i have my experiences,i wonder what u call the truth?so getting married as a virgin is the truth?abi,in 5 to 10 years time i hope to hear a different testimony from you because i would love to,,,,,,i have never disvirgined any girl ,and i dont hope to because am married,,,,,,finally,make sure u are not those so called christians,because i was once one.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Tayothinks: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
Lot of factors can be responsible for her to be slapping you, maybe you aren't developed as your current age, or she's training you for the future when your husband slaps you, it won't move you a bit. What do you think?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by greatgod2012(f): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
@op, i guess by now, you should have resolved this slapping issue with your mum as i suggested.
Wishing you goodluck.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, i guess by now, you should have resolved this slapping issue with your mum as i suggested.
Wishing you goodluck.
Thank you, ma cheesy
but mum is outta town hoping to do that when she returns. Wow! read so many comments, some hilarious, some good, some bad but guess what? I picked out the best.

Yours was wonderful, never thought of that. What do i owe you if it works out? Lol!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by greatgod2012(f): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
staicey: Thank you, ma cheesy
but mum is outta town hoping to do that when she returns. Wow! read so many comments, some hilarious, some good, some bad but guess what? I picked out the best.

Yours was wonderful, never thought of that. What do i owe you if it works out? Lol!

it will definately work.........you owe me nothing, except your happiness.
I sincerely like you, you sounds/write like a good lady and i believe you are, so, your joy is my wish.
Once again, i wish you best of luck.
Love you!

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by opeshe2(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry

I won't blame her mother cos, to whom brain is given sense is espected. May be she is worst than a learner and needs to be wiser
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by marianaj(f): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
achina boy:
U are not God,and will never be,,i already got three kids all girls,and i will not let them get married as virgins,this is my life and my opinion,so choose yours,i have my reasons,i have my experiences,i wonder what u call the truth?so getting married as a virgin is the truth?abi,in 5 to 10 years time i hope to hear a different testimony from you because i would love to,,,,,,i have never disvirgined any girl ,and i dont hope to because am married,,,,,,finally,make sure u are not those so called christians,because i was once one.
achina boy:
achina boy:
it's quite obvious 4rm ur post dat u're not really convinced about wat u're saying,,,,first of all u said U'RE NOT GOD & U'LL NEVER BE then I HOPE U'RE NOT 1 OF THOSE CHRISTAINS COS I WAS 1CE 1,,,,,,stop deceiving urself & face d truth
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by marianaj(f): 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
achina boy:
achina boy:
achina boy:
it's quite obvious 4rm ur post dat u're not really convinced about wat u're saying,,,,first of all u said U'RE NOT GOD & U'LL NEVER BE then I HOPE U'RE NOT 1 OF THOSE CHRISTAINS COS I WAS 1CE 1,,,,,,stop deceiving urself & face d truth
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by PrebabyG(f): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
.. .
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nikkypresh(f): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2013
Its rily crazy the way naija parents show their Ŀ♡√Ɛ. To tell Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ the truth staicey your mum is under a lot of stress emotionally n as humans we've got to find a way to vent. Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are the closest person to her so she uses Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ as that avenue and expects Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ to understand. Be careful cause Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ might just become as bitter as she is. Till Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ can take care of yourself try and do stuffs that makes Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ happy and her too. Share this your deep pain with her since Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ guys are as close as Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ say. From your story it seems like she does give Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ some breathing space to do your own thing. I think that's good. But study hard so Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ can easily attain financial independence. Still stay wif my Parents too hoping to move out in March for my NYSC prog I can't wait. Even though my dad doesn't hit me anymore, he kills my self morale wif his abusive words, I can't keep friEnds cause I don't get the allowance to  out and do my own stuffs. Trust me dear Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ are in a better shoes than others just handle yours well. Appreciate mum's Ŀ♡√Ɛ and earn your respect too by acting Ɣ☺ΰ‎​r age n even more matured. I wish Ɣ☺ΰ‎​ all the best. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.