Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27113 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Winneygirl(f): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2013
I thnk U tell Ur Mum everything.
So there's no mystery abt U. She knws dat if she slaps U, U will jst get angry, then get over it later.

U have threatened severally dat U will move, bt U ar still here.

Reduce d stuff U tell her abt. Be more quiet. Avoid baseless chit-chats. Just keep more things 2 Urself.

With time, she'll realise dat she doesnt knw U as much as she thought she did. She'll start 2worry abt Y U dont talk as much as U used 2.

She will slowly come 2 respect d part of U she doesnt knw. Maturity is when U are not an open book 4 everyone 2 read.

She will respect Ur maturity.

6 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by bedford101(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
youngchopper: fx the way u carry dix gal mata 4 head ehhh!
guy u de observe too? i tink say na only me o, i ba for this fx guy o, the guy de follow up the thread seriously o
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by bedford101(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Never compromise her buying u stuffs, giving u allowance, taking u out etc..cos thats the best a mom can do to protect her child from a lot of things out there, and never see her attitude as a reason to wanna go get those comforts else where, a lot of girl child are looking for such opportnty, if u stay 9ja wella, u go know wetin i mean. from the way u talk (nothin don happen) u re still very much on track and never be derailed for any reason..just adopt the best advice to u and see wat next..Goodluck
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dorggito1(m): 9:27am On Feb 24, 2013
@greatgod dats is very useful advice d op shud adhere to. btw op are dos slap annoyin ones or a slap 4 correction.cos der are 2 types u knw

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by jmoore(m): 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
staicey: I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction.

how is slapping someone for not making the coffee hot enough a corrective measure?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by poshest(f): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2013
Anytime she slaps you just pretend as if u ve fainted and start shivering on the floor she will be so scared. Make it look so real. She won't do it again after u 'regain consciousness''my mum used to be like dat after I did that she stopped it worked like magic.

4 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
@ poster I think u have to look for a way to stop it if not it would end up like my gist.I am 31 and stay with my parents .I make my own money and not a liabilty in any way cos I make my own money and even train my younger one in school..on vals day I was locked outside the house cos I came 10 o clock.I just blanked and didn't complain.the next day I came home 9 and my mum was angry calling me names like LovePeddler and stuff like that. I got angry and told her not to call me names but correct me as her child cos I deserve some respect too.the next tin was dat my dad brought out a belt and was flogging me all over cos I replied my mum. I was too hurt to cry.he even threw my bag out and told me to return from were I was coming from dat night.
I felt really heartbroken cos I have never given them headache or stress of any sort.I stayed in a hotel for a week,later got my own apartment and moved.
Now they have been sending poeple,apologising on phone and even blaming the devil for what happened happened.
Sorry for the long gist but don't want u to go thru what I went thru,NIP IT AT THE BUD NOW before it becomes too bad like mine was.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Your story is really moving...
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by TUMIC(m): 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
BECAUSE SHE IS STILL A MUMU AT 23

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ebamma(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
ihedioramma: LOVE HER MORE DAN U DO BEFOR . SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U.AND DONT WANT U TO GO INTO THE WORLD LIKE THAT.BECAREFUL SHE IS A GOOD MOTHER BUY DOYING THAT TO U.
you gbagauned it
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by TableLeg(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
No big deal ....
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP, you should stand your ground and tell your mom that you aren't a little child anymore.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nwaoguta(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
It,s normal no big deal, afterall you're still eating her foods.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Melahou(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
she still sees u as a "baby"...until u start feeding for yourself.
shit hapens... tongue
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by enigmagu1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
If you are earning peanuts then you need to up your pay in order to depend less on her. You say she buys you things and I'm sure she also picks all the bills, that might actually cause her not to respect you as much as you'd have wanted even though she loves you.

As for the boyfriend, you need to be extra careful because most of them boys are only after one thing.

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.

even if mum provide all her needs i tink mum shud b old enof to knw dat deplomacy wil help...mum can seat her down talk to her like a matured adult not slapin around like nkem owoh in one movie..
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ZACHIE: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
je ifo ti e ko yo...
one day, you will appreciate the IFOTI
and respect your husband..
but, your mama sef?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dare2think: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
You sure don't look 23.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dammytosh: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Slap her grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a more cautious note, The fact that you are now older and a big girl does not reduce the age difference and the fact that she is your mummy. Just endure, with time she will stop it. I feel your pain.

suggary: NIP IT AT THE BUD NOW before it becomes too bad like mine was.
NIP at the BUD , you mean she should slap her mum or warn her ?

and between, @31, please encourage your boyfriend to come marry you. The problem you have is staying with them.

Avoid curses from them, so don't act stupidly. If you can not move to ur hubby's house, calm down.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nduchucks: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Sorry to read you threatening to move in with your Dad because of your Mother's actions. Ideally your Mom & Dad would be living together, but due to fate, you live in a dysfunctional situation.

Since you are 23, I'd suggest that you double up on your efforts to become a grown and independent woman and move out ASAP. May the right husband come your way as soon as possible. Pele o.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
call the police grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by sammmiey1: 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
So pathetic!.well,I don't think you can do anything about it as it has becum an addiction 2her,judging 4rm ur write up!D only way out of d shit is endeavor 2gain ur freedom out of her custody,try 2b independent,I'm pretty sure it works like magic dat alone wud buy u a great deal of esteem by d tym she sees u again.However,never let her gross attitude towards u depreciate ur love 4her,she cares.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by YorubaOmoge: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
Lol my mom "babys" me at this age, I mean, I am her favorite child tongue tongue

But to raise her finger on me? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012: Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

At 23yrs, many of your mates are married and some even with kids. I think you need a boyfriend and/or a job for the slapping to stop. You need to depend less on her for her to respect you more.

On a second thought, maybe she slaps you just because you are a stubborn diva who wears skimpy clothes.

So what's the boyfriend supposed to do exactly on her behalf ? Beat the mother or what ? Some of you can be very pathetic with the kind of advice that comes from your mind.A mother will always be a mother and if @OP feels she can't tolerate the spanking anymore,she should sit the mother down and let her know she's a grownass lady.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by amlydave: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
If at 23 years you don't behave like all your other mates instead, you behave like a 2+3= 5 years old, then be prepared for many more slaps. My daughter is 19 years now and for the past 8 years, I haven't placed a finger on her neither has her mother. Bether behave well and you will be happy with your parents.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Dalvic(m): 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
frantically speaking your mum loved you........, but then she might be over protective sad Where is your dad,...Seperated? probablly she see the trace of your dad behaviour in you, that brought back her bad memory.. then reaction. Again you must know that she is not in anyway complete without your dad, this feeling sometime might make are over react to you. In fact sometime that she slapped you ... she has the filling within her that she is slapping your dad. You need to pray and work towards their reunion if seperated. Parking out will not help her and might not help you either. God bless you.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ZACHIE: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
i eat alot drink alot laff alot sing alot talk alot laff alot..but i rili dont care wat haters think bout me ....alot....hehehehehh

you deserve more that slap, sef
Broken cranium will put you in line, trust me
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by CeCeBillz(f): 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
To me nobody is above slapping as long as dey r ur parent period!!!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by oluwadare26(m): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

WOW!!! I hate to think she would be transferring aggressions. I wasnt even anywhere near them while they were at it. And she keeps telling my dad he would never have me to himself. Did she now keep me so that she would now hate on me the way she hates on my dad? But why? I didnt tell them to separate neither was i the cause of their separation. I know she hates nmy dad that i always hide sometimes in the closet just to answer his calls whenever he calls. It is a sad situation, i know. But i still know she loves me because she never jokes with making me happy whenever it calls for. I have never had the kinda birthday celebration i had this year all my life. Thanks to her... But, slapping me few weeks after my birthday? I dont know what to call that, honestly.

Fine, dat makes it easier... Since she doesnt like u talk to ur dad, just pack ur loads and move to ur dad... I bet she'll come pleading moreover u r her only child... But will ur Dad cater 4 ur needs if u go to him? If yes, i dont c any reason y u r still with mum.. If mum pleads 4 u to return, u'll av to pen down agreement... Chikena!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by crackhaus: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
Wetin this one dey talk, Its clear you've never felt a tight cvnt around your d*!ck before...marrying a virgin is what every guy man should wish for, too bad there are not many around

achina boy:
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity for their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opinion cool cool cool
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by msay: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Staciey are you a learner

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by omiobo: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Your mum still see you as adolescent. You need to convince her that you've grown up by putting away childish things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.