Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27069 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2013
I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 9:47am On Feb 23, 2013
Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

At 23yrs, many of your mates are married and some even with kids. I think you need a boyfriend and/or a job for the slapping to stop. You need to depend less on her for her to respect you more.

On a second thought, maybe she slaps you just because you are a stubborn diva who wears skimpy clothes.

34 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2013
LOVE HER MORE DAN U DO BEFOR . SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U.AND DONT WANT U TO GO INTO THE WORLD LIKE THAT.BECAREFUL SHE IS A GOOD MOTHER BUY DOYING THAT TO U.

10 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012: Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

At 23yrs, many of your mates are married and some even with kids. I think you need a boyfriend and/or a job for the slapping to stop. You need to depend less on her for her to respect you more.

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.
Forgot to add that part. Well, am the only child so i guess there none other to slap. But i know she's this mild person in her office and people around her seem to love her alot but me, sometimes i just hate her. I've threatened her with moving in with dad but each time i do that, she's always remorseful. I might just do it without her knowing, thats all.

For the other part, I have a job already but not too a strong one that keeps me away from home always (a part-time one) plus i earn peanuts for now and that still makes me rely on mum, plus am still a student and she does all the fees, have got no option. As for the boyfriend issue, do you really think having a boyfriend will make her stop slapping me?? Do you? If yeah, how?

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 23, 2013
ihedioramma: LOVE HER MORE DAN U DO BEFOR . SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U.AND DONT WANT U TO GO INTO THE WORLD LIKE THAT.BECAREFUL SHE IS A GOOD MOTHER BUY DOYING THAT TO U.

I love her so much!! And that was why i chose staying with her over staying with my dad. She does love me too and i know.. But what i dont get is why she always slap me. Does slapping show that you really love your child?? Make me understand please, this stuff is driving me nuts..plus that was the main reason i joined this forum. Since some real people (people i see everyday cannot help out), i figured out online peeps can.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.
Forgot to add that part. Well, am the only child so i guess there none other to slap. But i know she's this mild person in her office and people around her seem to love her alot but me, sometimes i just hate her. I've threatened her with moving in with dad but each time i do that, she's always remorseful. I might just do it without her knowing, thats all.

For the other part, I have a job already but not too a strong one that keeps me away from home always (a part-time one) plus i earn peanuts for now and that still makes me rely on mum, plus am still a student and she does all the fees, have got no option. As for the boyfriend issue, do you really think having a boyfriend will make her stop slapping me?? Do you? If yeah, how?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.

If you are earning peanuts then you need to up your pay in order to depend less on her. You say she buys you things and I'm sure she also picks all the bills, that might actually cause her not to respect you as much as you'd have wanted even though she loves you.

As for the boyfriend, you need to be extra careful because most of them boys are only after one thing.

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by ihedioramma: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2013
YES. SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U AND THAT IS WHY. IF U WANT TO ENJOY THIS WORLD DONT GO FOR BOY FRD, KEEP UR SEX FOR UR HUSBAND AND GOD WILL BLESS U FOR DAT. WERE IS UR DADDY?

5 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by slimyem: 10:10am On Feb 23, 2013
Lol.
If she's still slapping you at this age,she's probably never going to stop.Even when you are married,she's still going to have reasons to slap you.undecided
Mums like yours need standing up to just once and she'd know to stop.
Since threatening her isn't working,You should carry out your threat and let it last a while or try being fierce the next time she's about to raise her handsundecided

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2013
youngchopper: are u a virgin? 8-)
Are u eeeeeeeeeeeeeeediotic?

6 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by bedford101(m): 10:16am On Feb 23, 2013
I believe her reasons for slapping u is to correct u, but sometimes looking at it form another point of view think u are old enough, she should rather talk to u in a quite manner that will make u understand the enormity of whatever offense u may have committed. u should do somethings to make her really see the maturity in u, i bet gradually she will stop using her hands to correct u and understands u re grown up.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012: Are you the only one she slaps or is that how she slaps people around her? We need to know if she's possessed with the spirit or just trying to show you who's boss. You are a big girl and I see no reason why you should be slapped around even by your mum.

On a second thought, maybe she slaps you just because you are a stubborn diva who wears skimpy clothes.
am by your side
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:18am On Feb 23, 2013
ihedioramma: IF U WANT TO ENJOY THIS WORLD DONT GO FOR BOY FRD, KEEP UR SEX FOR UR HUSBAND AND GOD WILL BLESS U FOR DAT.
Why is having a boyfriend always related or linked to hav.ing s-e-x? That thinking is really myopic.

9 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 10:25am On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.

I think ur mum still sees u as the 7year old staicey,try to be more independent,and also try to act a little grown up,just do what the grown up does things could change,,,,,,,,in the other hand,maybe she is channelling her reserved anger for ur dad through you,,,,just guessing
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
If you are earning peanuts then you need to up your pay in order to depend less on her. You say she buys you things and I'm sure she also picks all the bills, that might actually cause her not to respect you as much as you'd have wanted even though she loves you.

As for the boyfriend, you need to be extra careful because most of them boys are only after one thing.

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.
Wow! Wish upping my income was within my power sad
But its not, as it stands, i'll just have to keep depending on her 'cos am not done with schooling. I think moving out should be a better option, but her remorefulness..?? damn! shes good at it. She tries to stop me and when i even think of the fact that my dad's into another marriage, i just stay back sadly. In total, my parental life is just a sad one sad sad

Yeah, for the boys, i prefer staying out on that one because i cant guarantee that one thing

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2013
next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin

20 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2013
ihedioramma: YES. SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U AND THAT IS WHY. IF U WANT TO ENJOY THIS WORLD DONT GO FOR BOY FRD, KEEP UR SEX FOR UR HUSBAND AND GOD WILL BLESS U FOR DAT. WERE IS UR DADDY?

Awwwww thanks!

They are separated. You sound like a daddy, are you one?

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
eye service

13 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2013
ihedioramma: YES. SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U AND THAT IS WHY. IF U WANT TO ENJOY THIS WORLD DONT GO FOR BOY FRD, KEEP UR SEX FOR UR HUSBAND AND GOD WILL BLESS U FOR DAT. WERE IS UR DADDY?
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity for their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opinion cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
eyeservice
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by achinaboy(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin
bad advice and bad idea,if you do that to my mum,the next she gonna slap u,will be infront of a revrend father celebrating a mass

6 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2013
achina boy:
i guess u are not married yet,because most guys that married so called virgins will tell u that it was a mistake,because s,,e,,x,is something that is so enjoyable when u are with an experienced partner,and thats why most guys i know,,i said most guys i know that are married to virgins,ends up going back to their experienced ex,so my point is don`t advice anybody u know to save their virginity or their husband,i would`t advice my kids to do so even,,,,,,,,personal opinion cool cool cool
book a room for the OP!

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2013
staicey:

Awwwww thanks!

They are separated. You sound like a daddy, are you one?
He sounds like a teenager and I'm sure he's one.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:47am On Feb 23, 2013
staicey: Wow! Wish upping my income was within my power sad
But its not, as it stands, i'll just have to keep depending on her 'cos am not done with schooling.

Yeah, for the boys, i prefer staying out on that one because i cant guarantee that one thing

Everything is within our power, it boils down to our will and belief.

Anyways, try to always act very mature and she'll see that her baby is a big girl who deserves more respect.

P.S: You sound like a very good girl and I'm impressed.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by youngchopper(m): 10:47am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
He sounds like a teenager and I'm sure he's one.
fx the way u carry dix gal mata 4 head ehhh!

12 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by FXKing2012(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2013
youngchopper: fx the way u carry dix gal mata 4 head ehhh!
I'm just concerned.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by StateOfMind: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin

Was about to type this before I read your reply. Since mum has refused to listen, stand up to her! Hold her hand..stop her midway (well, that's assuming you see the slap coming).

I don't even buy the idea of slapping someone, I have never slapped someone and I can't remember the last time I got slapped. Its not a healthy form of correction at all.

Btw, your opening post is funny Op..lol

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 23, 2013
U ve got to carryout your threat the next time she slaps you or it ll never stop.You are an adult and she has no right to be hitting you at this age.I am a mother and I can't picture myself hitting my kids when they are adults.You have to really scare her or else she might slap you even when you are someone's wife.As for the bf advice given to you by some guys here,scratch that.

Don't let anyone talk you into keeping a bf to boost your income,its a st**pid idea.The issue of having a bf or not is yours to decide and no one else.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2013
slimyem: Lol.
If she's still slapping you at this age,she's probably never going to stop.Even when you are married,she's still going to have reasons to slap you.undecided
Mums like yours need standing up to just once and she'd know to stop.
Since threatening her isn't working,You should carry out your threat and let it last a while or try being fierce the next time she's about to raise her handsundecided

Try being fierce? undecided Uhmm.. I can remember the last time i tried shouting at her angrily, all she did was just go into her room and locked the door. She refused talking to me for days, all she would do then was just serve food, take hers and leave me to notice that food was ready. I wasnt enjoying the lifestyle one bit. How can i be living with my own mum and not talking to her in the same house? Its sad

And going to dad's, well... i really love to go but still checking the outcomes if i do. Since he's married to another woman, people tell me its not a good advice going over there but i just wanna...and damn the consequences else, i might end up sueing my own mother.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2013
bedford101: I believe her reasons for slapping u is to correct u, but sometimes looking at it form another point of view think u are old enough, she should rather talk to u in a quite manner that will make u understand the enormity of whatever offense u may have committed. u should do somethings to make her really see the maturity in u, i bet gradually she will stop using her hands to correct u and understands u re grown up.

Things like what? People always tell me i act way too matured for my age and i hate to know that she doesnt see that maturity in me. I dont know what else to do.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2013
achina boy:
I think ur mum still sees u as the 7year old staicey,try to be more independent,and also try to act a little grown up,just do what the grown up does things could change,,,,,,,,in the other hand,maybe she is channelling her reserved anger for ur dad through you,,,,just guessing

WOW!!! I hate to think she would be transferring aggressions. I wasnt even anywhere near them while they were at it. And she keeps telling my dad he would never have me to himself. Did she now keep me so that she would now hate on me the way she hates on my dad? But why? I didnt tell them to separate neither was i the cause of their separation. I know she hates nmy dad that i always hide sometimes in the closet just to answer his calls whenever he calls. It is a sad situation, i know. But i still know she loves me because she never jokes with making me happy whenever it calls for. I have never had the kinda birthday celebration i had this year all my life. Thanks to her... But, slapping me few weeks after my birthday? I dont know what to call that, honestly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Sayyid Rejected By His Parents In Kano Is Stranded / My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Who Owns Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.