Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,857 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

Iyawo Nylon Bag - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Iyawo Nylon Bag (249073 Views)

Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee / Lagos … And My Polythene Bag By Chydee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Vansnickers: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nice Story.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fantastic prose you got here Ishi. I know I am late to the party but as a shyte writer but a voracious reader, I have some comments.

I know your said this story is told through the author's voice but Chilo's thoughts as a pre-teen are far are too matured even for a precocious ten year old. Secondly, you should consider getting a proof reader, you used 'being' instead of been in a number of places. I am happy to that for you for free tongue.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: Fantastic prose you got here Ishi. I know I am late to the party but as a shyte writer but a voracious reader, I have some comments.

I know your said this story is told through the author's voice but Chilo's thoughts as a pre-teen are far are too matured even for a precocious ten year old. Secondly, you should consider getting a proof reader, you used 'being' instead of been in a number of places. I am happy to that for you for free tongue.

I know you made a mistake but couldn't stop myself from pointing it out. grin grin grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

I know you made a mistake but couldn't stop myself from pointing it out. grin grin grin

I told you I am shyte writer already grin I read much better than I write.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Lmao! Were cheesy

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: Fantastic prose you got here Ishi. I know I am late to the party but as a shyte writer but a voracious reader, I have some comments.

Thanks for reading. Pls, go through the entire thread and let me have your thoughts. smiley

To your observations-

Well, the thing is, Chilo was a very preccocious child. As for the been/being thing, I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. It used to be a challenge differentiating the two but I'm getting better at it.

I already have a proofreader...a big yellow bird grin wink
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
Van snickers: Nice Story.
Thanks smiley
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Thanks for reading. Pls, go through the entire thread and let me have your thoughts. smiley

To your observations-

Well, the thing is, Chilo was a very preccocious child. As for the been/being thing, I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. It used to be a challenge differentiating the two but I'm getting better at it.

I already have a proofreader...a big yellow bird grin wink

As you please my lady winkMore ink to your quill.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Ihedinobi baby!! Sup? cheesy

Sweet, dear. You?

How do you mean by 'safe?' smiley

You see, unlike Efe, I'm unmarried. You get my point, I'm sure.
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
^ Avoiding the thread in order not to be afflicted with Chilo's addiction grin grin grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tsk tsk, Mazi and Princesa, hug and make up...
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Sweet, dear. You?

You see, unlike Efe, I'm unmarried. You get my point, I'm sure.
Uhhh...I don't...like seriously...

undecided
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: ^ Avoiding the thread in order not to be afflicted with Chilo's addiction grin grin grin
shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ishilove:
shocked shocked embarassed

Wetin? You no know before?
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe: ^ Avoiding the thread in order not to be afflicted with Chilo's addiction grin grin grin

Lol.

Ishilove:
Uhhh...I don't...like seriously...

undecided

Who you kidding? Anyway, if you carry my fire, you stay away from everything that burns. cheesy
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol.

Who you kidding? Anyway, if you carry my fire, you stay away from everything that burns. cheesy
Oooookaaaayyyy...

wink wink wink
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

Wetin? You no know before?
grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Mynd44: 3:11am On Apr 03, 2013
Mazi and Princesa, the only reason I am not banning the both of you(just so you know, it will be a long ban) is cos I don't want Mazi's fans to skin me.

But please I hope I don't have to hide your posts on this thread again. If you have issues, bring it to the chat room, I will glady draw a ring for you both and have a bucket of pop-corn while you go at one another. Insult yourselves further and Mazi will not be updating his story in a while.

Now where is that old lady?
gringringringrin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Ishilove: 3:30am On Apr 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Mazi and Princesa, the only reason I am not banning the both of you(just so you know, it will be a long ban) is cos I don't want Mazi's fans to skin me.

But please I hope I don't have to hide your posts on this thread again. If you have issues, bring it to the chat room, I will glady draw a ring for you both and have a bucket of pop-corn while you go at one another. Insult yourselves further and Mazi will not be updating his story in a while.

Now where is that old lady?
gringringringrin
Talk to the hand jor angry tongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Mynd44: 3:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Ishilove:
Talk to the hand jor angry tongue
How you take know say na you I dey refer to as "Old woman" if no be true?
tonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2013
Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Why do I always miss the fights

Mynd is it possible to transfer the hidden posts to the chat room so I can see them? Abeg, if not I go unfollow your story o! tongue
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2013
brokoto:
Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh! Why do I always miss the fights

Mynd is it possible to transfer the hidden posts to the chat room so I
can see them? Abeg, if not I go unfollow your story o! tongue

it has been hidden...chill
it is inconsequential too cool
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2013
princesa:

it has been hidden...chill
it is inconsequential too cool

you wish grin grin
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by princesa(f): 9:36am On Apr 03, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

you wish grin grin
very very inconsequential cool
Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by LarrySun(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

Well Larry, I expected Ishilove to answer the question, not you.
You always remind me of Iago.

1 Like

Re: Iyawo Nylon Bag by Danhumprey: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You always remind me of Iago.
Larry o! Can u just go and continue ur story! U keep me hanging,wetin 4 wat seems like eternity! Or hav u run out of something to write?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (40) (Reply)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz / Life Of A Shy Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.