Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison (23418 Views)

Stop Taking Drugs With Soft Drinks, Expert warns / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After8pm Is Poison Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by jmoore(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2013

“Any food eaten after 8.00pm is poison, as the intestine shuts down after 8.00 pm. You should try to eat before 8.00 pm to avoid accumulation of undigested foods that are harmful to the organs,” Ashiru noted.

Crap!! Is it 8pm GMT, Nigerian time or CAT?

1 Like

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by horlajide: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
grin
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by huninaija(f): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thank God he has the final say!

If that's the case i would have been singing with the angels over a decade ago... Mtcheew
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Reference(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hmm. Belle get closing time. So I have 53 minutes to intestinal shutdown for the day. Okay. But can these fellows tell me why I still hear rumblings after 8 pm when am hungry. Is that intestinal strike or protest for minimum wage.

5 Likes

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by pinky21(f): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
What abt 7:59pm.am I safe to eat
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by deols(f): 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Ashiru has goofed o. so d intestine now has a clock hmmn.

dont eat close to bed time..is d message
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by yavo2: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
As a dr, how many experiments did he carry out b4 reaching such a conclusion? This dr is misleading the public...he should be arrested before he does more harm...
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Angel778(f): 7:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thank God, i take my food by 6pm or at most 7pm, anythng above that i wil end up wth indigestion. I forced my boyfriend to get use to that, or i get little snacks 4 him ready n d house if he is feeling hungry.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by wolexter(m): 7:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
A-town:
What it should have said is : don't eat close to bed time.
Using 8pm is wrong. The assumption is that most people go to bed right after 8.
If you eat after 8pm and are still up doing activities till 11, you'll be fine.

Gbam! Dinner must taken at least 3hrs before bed time is more appropriate.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Exponental(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
I disagree wit d prof........ Body system differs!
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by deols(f): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
d man has been watching doctors or oprah.

like someone said, how many researches has he carried out.
how many clinical trials?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by kglamour(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
godman01: PARTICIPANTS at the 4th Allure Vanguard Women on Wellness, WOW, seminar, got a shocker recently when they learnt that foods eaten after 8.00pm, were essentially poisonous to their body systems.

But the Guest speaker at the seminar, erudite Professor of Anatomy and Reproductive Endocrinologist, Dr Oladapo Ashiru, who dropped the bombshell counselled Nigerians and everyone in general, to endeavour to eat their meals before 8.00 pm, in order to maintain good health and avoid undue strain and stress to their digestive systems.

“Any food eaten after 8.00pm is poison, as the intestine shuts down after 8.00 pm. You should try to eat before 8.00 pm to avoid accumulation of undigested foods that are harmful to the organs,” Ashiru noted.

During the event, held at the Pearl Crown Hotel, Parkview, Ikoyi, Lagos, Ashiru, in his presentation entitled “Defying Age”, observed that the ideal way to go was to eat slowly, chew well and drink water 30 minutes to one hour after meals to allow the food be digested in its real state as water dilutes the nutrients.

“People often violate the rules of the body when they do not follow the law of nature. While it is natural that foods eaten should not go into the digestive system, swallowing our foods straight without chewing deprives the food from being broken down.

“Too much food and undigested food, lead to fermentation and subsequently, decay which eventually leads to other problems, as undigested foods poison the body and it shows in the skin. Advocating that “we must only supply the body what it can take”, he said the intestine is the root system of the human body that is responsible for the most common cause of systemic damage.

Listing factors responsible for promotion of ill health and aging, he mentioned food intake, environmental factors, such as diesel, gasoline, automobile fumes and radiators, as well as air pollution often caused by refineries, industries, waste.

But as a factor that causes aging, Ashiru singled out bad eating habit and food incompatibility as knotty problems.

He frowned at the adoption of foreign lifestyle and penchant for foreign foods. He discouraged the mode of preparation and manner of serving food at public parties, describing the trend as unhygienic.

Calling for introduction of food regulators, Ashiru highlighted the Mayr method which he said proves that by fasting, known as modern Mayr medicine, diagnosis can be made as most illnesses are traceable to the intestine.

He advocated for a Mayr therapy- a therapy that entails a re-orientation of eating habits and lifestyle.

“To cleanse the system, a manual abdominal treatment can be carried out to cleans the intestine, blood and fluid and consequently reduces pain, he said, while proposing that everyone should do an ASYRA test, do a 3-10 day detox procedure or intestinal cleansing. “These along with removal of environmental poisons will help regenerate and renew life,” he argued.

Editor, Allure Vanguard, Mrs. Remi Diagbare said the essence of the seminar was to enable participants make healthy lifestyle choices. “We are often so wrapped up in fashion and style that we forget that lifestyle is an important part of well-being. So we need to promote healthy lifestyle and that is what we are doing,” she said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/health-expert-warns-any-food-eaten-after-8pm-is-poison/
the last time i checked my skin is still black. dokita pls move to obodo oyinbo
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by dady12: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
Dr sir,you suppose to focus your research on hiv not eating after 8 pm ,this ur theory is unacceptable,if intestine shut down as u said,when did it start up cos it has turn to computer?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by pak: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
The man is saying the truth.

Most peeps here are very young.

The older you get, the more you realise that the body can't take the kind of battering it receives while you were younger

1 Like

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by ReLaTE(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
May be phcn dey take light by 8pm for his belle. grin,sorry I mean for his area
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by free2ryhme: 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
what abt people that work night shifts or are held up in traffic and get home late
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by chinnyonwu(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Doesn't matter. I poison myself every night
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
karlnyeno: If ma intestine shut down by 8:00 why will i get hungry by 1.am. Yesterday I ate around after 1. Am [/color][color=]

Been doing that for many days now, and I think it's finally taken its toll. embarassed
About time we all start living healthy.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by fuckluv(f): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Here they come again. Shut down kor, log off ni undecided
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by jerk: 7:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
ReLaTE: May be phcn dey take light by 8pm for his belle. grin,sorry I mean for his area
my own workers are always active 24/7 bcus I pay and feed them well and even hv surplus. Y shuld I shut down my factory by 8pm.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Greatlydia(f): 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
dats ok
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by ibukux: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
CeCe Billz: Its too longsad
Na wa for dis naija doctor o which one b dis again
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by KINGwax(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ok, if my intestine shuts down at 8.00PM, how do I still defecate after 8.00PM?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Connoisseur(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
Na im be say i for die troway since... nite walker like me wey dey eat like 2, some times 3 in the mornin

abeg my intestines no get working hours
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Hearme(m): 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
NA SO SO SARI WE LIKE TO EAT FOR CAMPUS THEN AFTER JACKING. ABI NA IN CAUSE SARI PEOPLE THEY SLEEP FOR CLASS. POISON INDEED. MAY BE THE WRITER MIS QUOTED THE PROF. IT IS GENERALLY ADVISED YOU EAT AT LEAST 2-3 HOURS BEFORE GOING TO BED.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
This Prof is a. Reproductive Endocrinologist...Hmmm...

Ain't that, like, an expert on gonads?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by dbride: 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2013
Can someone pls help me.....never laughed like this b4, here alone reading these comments, not even at basketmouth's show. I am having fun; now I can continue with a bottle of red wine!
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by smakati(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
Tah!!!.....rubbish!!!.....wey food jst ready, me I go chop dis one dis night poison or no poison

1 Like

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by NessaFresh(f): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Live ur Life free and natural.....

All these rules and yet those who watch their health die before 60 while those at the village that could eat at even 11 pm and follow no diet balance live upto 100...
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by vision2050: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
All this silly research..... What sample does he conducted to derived this nonsense?....... Ok i will only eat in the morning
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by vision2050: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
i just put beans on fire @ 8:05pm. Help me calculate the time it will be ready to eat?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by godman01(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
A-town:

Where in my post did i say that?
But you said don't eat close to bed time! Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Common Diseases In Nigeria And How To Prevent Them / Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.