Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison (23421 Views)

Stop Taking Drugs With Soft Drinks, Expert warns / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After8pm Is Poison Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
5 diet myths you shouldn't follow

Dieting can be painful sometimes, especially when you’re under pressure and yet can’t eat what you like to relieve the stress.

It’s especially painful for stressed-out office workers who sit at their desk for long hours each day hunched over reports and only grabbing a hurried one-hour lunch.

What’s more, some of them stick to dieting myths that they’ve heard floating in the winds. These myths are ineffective or merely the conjurings of self-made dieticians.

The best way of dieting is still to have regular proper meals. You can break them down into smaller, more frequent portions, but don’t follow those dieting myths!

We’ve sorted out some of these myths from lifestyleasia.com.

Myth No. 1: No eating after 8pm

The reasoning: There’s rarely any strenuous activity after 8pm, so any food that is consumed isn’t expended and is turned into fat.

The truth: The body will still expend its stores of calories when you go about your daily activities the next day. It expends calories at any time of the day.

However, it is still best to not eat late at night as such snacking is usually on unhealthy junk food.
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/Eat+Right/Story/A1Story20110610-283374.html
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Did I manage to get your attention?

Your metabolism does not shut down at night. In fact, your metabolism can’t even tell time.
Your body still needs fuel to repair itself during the night and if you workout later in the evenings, it is even more important.

The key is to choose healthier foods such as lean proteins (chicken and fish), good fats (olive oil, sunflower oils), and lots of vegetables. If you workout later in the evenings, don’t be afraid to eat a meal, just make it a healthy one!

Late night snacks:

glass of no fat milk + milo
light yoghurt
light custard
raisin toast
small bowl of high fibre cereal + no fat milk
nuts (limit to 20)
rice cakes, vita weats, Ryvita + phili light cheese
fruits (limit to 2)
vegetables – as much as you like

http://www.thefoodexpert.com.au/weight-loss/so-easy-to-install/
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Aderupoko2: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
So my stomach dey get closing time,nawa o.E no fit do overtime to clear this padded yam I just ate ni?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Aderupoko2: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
Eating in the dream after 1.00am nko?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Funjosh(m): 5:12am On Feb 26, 2013
Nairalanders forgive him for he does not know what he is saying.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Funjosh(m): 5:15am On Feb 26, 2013
sauer: Did I manage to get your attention?

Your metabolism does not shut down at night. In fact, your metabolism can’t even tell time.
Your body still needs fuel to repair itself during the night and if you workout later in the evenings, it is even more important.

The key is to choose healthier foods such as lean proteins (chicken and fish), good fats (olive oil, sunflower oils), and lots of vegetables. If you workout later in the evenings, don’t be afraid to eat a meal, just make it a healthy one!

Late night snacks:

glass of no fat milk + milo
light yoghurt
light custard
raisin toast
small bowl of high fibre cereal + no fat milk
nuts (limit to 20)
rice cakes, vita weats, Ryvita + phili light cheese
fruits (limit to 2)
vegetables – as much as you like

http://www.thefoodexpert.com.au/weight-loss/so-easy-to-install/

what of eba and fufu?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Chnges(m): 7:04am On Feb 26, 2013
jumpmasta:
Must you generalise?I think you are even more foolish..He goat
give me 2 reasons why i shouldn't generalize, after disgracing us in hospitals in the UK? You sound like a frustrated one. But don't worry, you have your praises here in Nigeria cos the literary deranged ones will always think you're perfect while you're nothing compared with the international standard. Smh! 4 d 2nd time.
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by KINGwax(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2013
My fellow Nigerians, relax na. This is simple logic. If dem talk say make una no eat for after 8pm, no lele, jes wait till to nine or after nine or thereafter. And the demon wey dey fly poison for don commom. Na after eight d demon dey work, by to nine, e don close for work.
Ok?
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by Gabriellee1(m): 6:18am On Apr 09, 2013
I thought dat theory was for pregnant women? It was falsified thats why it never became a law.Why should a prof in Nigeria give such an orientation to Nigerians. Was the seminar organised in his dream? 8pm? No way! He must be playing. The stomach never shorts down. Its always open,dats y experts said ''drink water at nite and mid-mornin to reduce muscle contraction wich affect blood flow at nite wile sleeping.wink
Re: Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison by naijainfogalery: 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nigerians living in America looking for where to buy Nigerian foods/ingredients in the US, you can get it here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Common Diseases In Nigeria And How To Prevent Them / Being AS Genotype As A Man Is Affecting My Plans Of Getting Married / Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.