Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Do You Believe In Deliverance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Deliverance? (7157 Views)

Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God / Voodoo: Do You Believe In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Jluvu: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
According to 2chorithians 5:17¨"if any man be in Christ he is a new creature old things are past away,behold all things are become new" while obadiah 17 says"upon mount zion there shall be deliverance and there shall holiness and the house of Jacob shall posses their possesions" what is your view on this scriptures?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ebamma(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Andrew3(m): 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Do u believe in the devil? angry angry
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Balitah(f): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hmmmmmm.....thinking
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by bcomputer101: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
@OP, do you belive there are metaphysical forces?

Let ♍e know if you also belive we have spiritual battles. Then i will know how to answer your question...
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by enyieuna: 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
As a man thinks so is he .

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by anitank(f): 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
No

But I believe there is evil in this world and we need to constantly pray for God's all round protection against the wicked forces of wretchedness,poverty,curses,sickness and untimely death

Deliverance by a pastor or priest will make no difference if the individual is not spiritually equipped, and that means praying fervently

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Ngwakwe: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
Come my place see how a common declaration by a Juju man (Hausa, Igbo Yoruba) will send swan of bees full your house.

It's either you knee down come dey beg the Juju man or you go called your pastor if you are not spiritually powerful to fight it out.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Xunxhine(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
Demons are in existence, but powerless in d lives of christains.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Cuddlemii: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by sureteeboy(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
What else should I believe in if I don't believe in deliverance

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Lovine: 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
If Nairalanders are ready to learn then I will speak on that subjetc
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by colombiana: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Do u bliv in deliverance? I think whoeva asked this question is frustrated. when ple say deliverance it doesn't av to be evil spirit, u can be delivered from blindness, poverty, alcohol and many other things. What did Jesus spend his time on earth for? Was it not to deliver as from sins and many others
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
Deliverance from what? D demons christ told u 2 be casting out? Where will d demons stay? In d temple of God where d Holy Spirit?
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by NoQualms1(f): 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yes, I believe in deliverance. If you want to be delivered from any form of problem, pray to God to deliver you.
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 3:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
Those who go for deliverance ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They might be 'church -goers' BUT NOT CHRISTIANS. I do not say that to condemn anyone but CHRISTIANS ARE ALREADY DELIVERED IN THEIR NEWNESS OF LIFE IN CHRIST. You attend deliverance week in week out, what happened to the first deliverance session you attended. Christianity is NOT giving your life to Christ, Christianity is CHRIST GIVING HIS LIFE TO YOU AND YOU LIVING THE LIFE OF CHRIST....."I came, that they may have life and have it more abundantly"....In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4....I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
anitank: No

But I believe there is evil in this world and we need to constantly pray for God's all round protection against the wicked forces of wretchedness,poverty,curses,sickness and untimely death

Deliverance by a pastor or priest will make no difference if the individual is not spiritually equipped, and that means praying fervently

Any church that preaches the above scripture to you and does not conduct or believe in deliverance is the biggest lie from the pit of hell,let me emphasize by asking you this,if you owe me 1m naira yesterday and gives your life to christ today,does that cancel the debt you owe me?? we africans in general or should i say nigerians have a root with ancestral powers before we all embraced christianity,so you must believe in deliverance by force.
I was of that opinion until i saw physical manifestation of a relative when we invited a pastor to family prayers,guy!!!! demons are real. you better believe in deliverance and go for one if you have not.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
Goshen360: Those who go for deliverance ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They might be 'church -goers' BUT NOT CHRISTIANS. I do not say that to condemn anyone but CHRISTIANS ARE ALREADY DELIVERED IN THEIR NEWNESS OF LIFE IN CHRIST. You attend deliverance week in week out, what happened to the first deliverance session you attended. Christianity is NOT giving your life to Christ, Christianity is CHRIST GIVING HIS LIFE TO YOU AND YOU LIVING THE LIFE OF CHRIST....."I came, that they may have life and have it more abundantly"....In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:4....I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

Lies,you are the kind of people that deceives christians,out of ignorance most christians made vows or their parents made vows with demonic forces before or after their birth,you must understand that you getting born again does not free you entirely from those forces,its a platform for you to free yourself via effective prayers and deliverance.God is a God of principles,he does not come into any situation until you invite him on earth,ask moses if you dont understand.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Smooyis(m): 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
If u believe in Jesus u will believe in deliverance. Bc He is d Deliverer. Go to the Synagogue Church of all Nations for a lifetime experience of God's power of deliverance!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
No Qualms: Yes, I believe in deliverance. If you want to be delivered from any form of problem, pray to God to deliver you.

You can not deliver yourself,because whatever possesses you is more powerful than you,you need someone with higher authority to deliever you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
colombiana: Do u bliv in deliverance? I think whoeva asked this question is frustrated. when ple say deliverance it doesn't av to be evil spirit, u can be delivered from blindness, poverty, alcohol and many other things. What did Jesus spend his time on earth for? Was it not to deliver as from sins and many others

Did you not also read where Jesus delivered those with demons

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by ifihearam: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
Xunxhine: Demons are in existence, but powerless in d lives of christains.

keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Mayowura: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

Any church that preaches the above scripture to you and does not conduct or believe in deliverance is the biggest lie from the pit of hell,let me emphasize by asking you this,if you owe me 1m naira yesterday and gives your life to christ today,does that cancel the debt you owe me?? we africans in general or should i say nigerians have a root with ancestral powers before we all embraced christianity,so you must believe in deliverance by force.
I was of that opinion until i saw physical manifestation of a relative when we invited a pastor to family prayers,guy!!!! demons are real. you better believe in deliverance and go for one if you have not.
Mehn u've just perfectly spoken my mind.
A million likes just for you alone jor!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Mayowura: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
ifihearam:

Lies,you are the kind of people that deceives christians,out of ignorance most christians made vows or their parents made vows with demonic forces before or after their birth,you must understand that you getting born again does not free you entirely from those forces,its a platform for you to free yourself via effective prayers and deliverance.God is a God of principles,he does not come into any situation until you invite him on earth,ask moses if you dont understand.
I neva knew intelligent xtianz lyk u still dey exist o!
Now i know they're few.
Muah muah muah!
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 4:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Oh, my goodness! I don't have time to deal with this subject today o.

@ ifihearam and others who says deliverance is for CHRISTIANS, will you mind showing us from scriptures ONE SINGLE CHRISTIAN in the early church that deliverance was conducted for? Someone said the whole purpose of Christ was to come and deliver us, NOW, if Christ has delivered us, what deliverance are you talking about again? Is it not for us to LIVE n freedom that remains. You people are simply insulting the works of Christ and saying demons can live in the temple of God, our body. I need answers to the above question please.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
I believe in deliverance because it is continuous action. Majority of Jesus Christ's miracle were deliverance.
Do not let any pastor deceive you that once you give your life to Christ you are no longer vulnerable to spiritual attacks, in fact that is the beginning of battle with the former evil habits that you are indulging in before. You constant prayer to be free totally to maintain your gift which is salvation

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by thelonestranger: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
If you don't believe in deliverance; you probably need it

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Chiefpriest(m): 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
You are the only xtian here with spiritual and scriptural understanding.stay bless.
Goshen360: Oh, my goodness! I don't have time to deal with this subject today o.

@ ifihearam and others who says deliverance is for CHRISTIANS, will you mind showing us from scriptures ONE SINGLE CHRISTIAN in the early church that deliverance was conducted for? Someone said the whole purpose of Christ was to come and deliver us, NOW, if Christ has delivered us, what deliverance are you talking about again? Is it not for us to LIVE n freedom that remains. You people are simply insulting the works of Christ and saying demons can live in the temple of God, our body. I need answers to the above question please.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Chiefpriest(m): 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
He is not inteligent but spiritually blind and dumb.
Mayowura:
I neva knew intelligent xtianz lyk u still dey exist o!
Now i know they're few.
Muah muah muah!
sad[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Do You Believe In Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
Lord! I can see many professed Christians are very far from what Christianity is about. Many people are still practicing CHURCHianity thinking that is Christianity.

People come to Christ but rather than believe what Christ did to set them free in this new creation life, they believe what one their ancestors did to keep them in bondage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Intercontinental Bank Boss Erastus Akingbola's Life As Redeemed Church Pastor / The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation / 9 Ways To Watch The RCCG Annual Convention 2013 Live From Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.