Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) (2357 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
First of all, I want to say that this letter is to say thank you for making me a better atheist. I am actually happier based upon a certain realization which I could have only come across by discussing with you guys. Thanks guys!

Contrary to public opinion, I am actually a very gentle and shy person. Anony can attest to this. There is an unwritten law/theory on the internet that the loudest people on the internet are actually covering up for their timidity in real life. That being said, on nairaland, there are days that I have been so frustrated by christians that it spoils my day in real life. I am not usually an angry person but I have one weakness; I get angry when people can not understand my point of view - especially when I am explaining a simple logical issue and they reject it without consideration. Fortunately, I am great at explaining myself in real life and this rarely happens to me with friends and family. Even when I met Anony, it was easy for us to get our differing points across. Anony quickly understood why I am the way I am on Nairaland. Even my christian family is moving towards agnosticism because of my oratory skills.

On, nairaland, communication is limited to text and there are people who are either not used to logic or just dubious or unwilling to accept a different point of view. For the most times on Nairaland, my points get across very well with my written work (as evidenced by people who rethink their religon due to arguments hers). However, there are times that I into "all-bold, capslock rage" of abuse on Nairaland with Davidylan, Frosbel, Anony and the usual culprits. This is mostly because they dont see my point of view or that we disagree on what is logical. This rage got to a peak on the "Cowardice of Atheism" thread where I was shouting and hollering at the denial of the problems atheist face. Davidylan, Anony and Enigma were having fun at my expense and I was really pissed on this last thursday and friday. https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/29

Seeing that I already wanted to cutback on my Nairaland activities, I took a break since that friday and started wondering why I got angry and wound up so much. I started reading my old posts/threads and realised something; I usually debate people on the assumptions that they are willing to learn and ready to changer their minds- but when they don't I get frustrated as if I have failed in teaching them something. I noticed that I keep repeating points that these christians kept dismissing and mocking casually. Upon this realisation, I started laughing and things started to make sense.....

For instance, when I look at the threads talking about morality, the christians are always willing to dismiss any logical argument against the activities of God in the old testament with the illogical line; "you are not reading the bible with the holy ghost, you are too literal". These people know that they are wrong but are not willing to change and learn. I started laughing at my naive self of reacting to their dismissal of logic and trying to et them to reason. I started seeing what some christians truly are on Nairaland; people who are not willing to learn after realising that their religion might be false while dismissing/attacking atheists. Another example would be the "Cowardice of atheism" thread where three christians deluded themselves over 30 pages claiming that atheists face little or no discrimination in Nigeria and we are cowards for not being open about our disbelief. I was angry but now I realise that it is a case of desperation!

In short, I want to say thank you for helping me to realize an issue plaguing me and also to release myself from tireless arguments on Nairaland. I have started to avoid unnecessary arguments and reduce my input here on Nairaland.

I also have learned something new and good for me. Whenever I see a christian or theist say;
-atheism is a religion
-you don't understand the bible you are reading without the holy ghost
-A fool says that there is no god in his heart
-atheists have no morality
-atheists are all evil
or lastly,
-Only Yaweh can give objective morality,

I now know that the person is speaking out of desperation or ignorance at a last ditch attempt to dismiss the logical argument of an atheist/agnostic/unbeliever because none of these statements are true or logical

A big thank you to you guys! Ramen!

3 Likes

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Olamyyde(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
logicboi, were u born an athiest or u became an atheist? If u became an atheist, what made u become an atheist?, im not condemning u ooo
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by manmustwac(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
Olamyyde: logicboi, were u born an athiest or u became an atheist? If u became an atheist, what made u become an atheist?, im not condemning u ooo
we were all born atheists nobody was born a christian or muslim but we were born into christian or muslim families

2 Likes

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy, I noticed that about them too, and use to wonder why you guys kept on debating with them. Go over my posts and you will see all I did was mock them or call them out, because, just from reading a few posts of theirs, it was just too glaring that they were only posting to mock you guys, for eg., by picking on inconsequential points, pretending not to understand your posts, even when you explain it to them multiple times, asking r.etarded questions over and over again, and a whole lot of underhanded techniques.

You cannot cure s.tupidity, especially that of Davidylan's.

2 Likes

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
Olamyyde: logicboi, were u born an athiest or u became an atheist? If u became an atheist, what made u become an atheist?, im not condemning u ooo

Everyone is born an atheist/agnostic. Did you believe in god when you were 1 years old? cheesy

I was raised a catholic but became an atheist.

I became an atheist when I researched and realised that christianity and islam came to Nigeria through slavery. Also the holy books support slavery. I posited that any god who would allow slavery would either be evil or that he is unable to stop it. Since there is no evidence for god also, I became an atheist.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez: Logicboy, I noticed that about them too, and use to wonder why you guys kept on debating with them. Go over my posts and you will see all I did was mock them or call them out, because, just from reading a few posts of theirs, it was just too glaring that they were only posting to mock your guys, for eg., by picking on inconsequential points, pretending not to understand your posts, even when you explain it to them multiple times, asking r.etarded questions over and over again, and a whole lot of underhanded techniques.

lol...thank you.

I just realised that. I would explain and explain but they will dismiss and laugh to my vexation. Anyways, it is over now, I cant be bothered anymore.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
this boy!!! God save u say today na sunday!
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: this boy!!! God save u say tomorrow na sunday!

Tomorrow Sunday? This babe don high from yesterdays clubbing and champagne! Hangover na bastard!
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: this boy!!! God save u say today na sunday!

I see, your eye don clear!
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez: Logicboy, I noticed that about them too, and use to wonder why you guys kept on debating with them. Go over my posts and you will see all I did was mock them or call them out, because, just from reading a few posts of theirs, it was just too glaring that they were only posting to mock you guys, for eg., by picking on inconsequential points, pretending not to understand your posts, even when you explain it to them multiple times, asking r.etarded questions over and over again, and a whole lot of underhanded techniques.

the day you become as inteligent as david.........

1 Like

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: the day you become as inteligent as david.........

You get the liver to complete that sentence? Davidylan and intelligent? lol
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by tobechi74: 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
In 1 sentence , sumarise d aim of d thread
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by mazaje(m): 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
I actually used to be like you when I started out here. . .Now I don't waste my time debating any body that chooses to engage me. . .I just show the person how illogical his argument is and move on. . .Back in the days as a christian losing my faith I often wonder what I was reading here. . .The sheer dishonesty you get is really mind boggling. . .People deliberately spinning the bible just so that old myths can be rationalized and kept alive due to excessive indoctrination. . .

Let me give you an example that covers everything you have said. . .There is a debate between William Craig and an atheist that took place in Australia(I am trying to look for it on youtube but I am not getting any thing, I don't know the name of the other guy he debated, so the search is difficult, will still post it here when I get it). . .During the question and answer question a guy asked William Craig if he believes the bible is the infallible word of god, William Craig tried to dance around it but latter said he believes so. The guy asked him if the bible correctly explains the creation of the universe because the bible has a detailed explanation if how the universe was created and it does not agree with what we know and what we can observe. The guy asked him if he believes the creation account is factual and if he can reconcile it with the observable evidence. . .The guy who is a student of astronomy cited some examples of how the bible just got it wrong. Dr Craig then said that yeah the creation account in the bible can not be reconciled with observable evidence because it is actually an allegory. . .It is not supposed to be taken literally. . .He said the bottom line is that god created the universe and that is what matters. . .The bible said in the beginning god created the universe and science affirms that the universe had a beginning he said. . .The guy pressed him and he flatly said the creation account in the bible is false but it is immaterial because it is an allegory. What matters is that god created the universe. . .

He said the creation account is not to be taken seriously because it is an allegory. . .But the fact is who ever wrote the creation account in the bible NEVER wrote it as an allegory, he wrote it thinking that actually was how the earth and the universe came about. . .The person had no Hubble , Kepler and James Webb space observatory to help him out. . .The genesis creation account was never written as an allegory. . .Christians have been using it to explain the creation of the universe for hundreds of years. Now the once "factual" account is now an allegory because it doesn't agree with observable evidence. . .

This is the same man that stated that the bible is the infallible word of his god some seconds ago. . .When it comes to religion you can not just get a honest answer because people will even lie to themselves to promote their beliefs. . .You can never get an honest answer. . .Its always one lie or the other so that ancient myth can be promoted. . .

1 Like

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

You get the liver to complete that sentence? Davidylan and intelligent? lol
davidylan is very intelligent bt quite vulgar like yourself.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol. Na mrs cake.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

na mrs cakegrin
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje: I actually used to be like you when I started out here. . .Now I don't waste my time debating any body that chooses to engage me. . .I just show the person how illogical his argument is and move on. . .Back in the days as a christian losing my faith I often wonder what I was reading here. . .The sheer dishonesty you get is really mind boggling. . .People deliberately spinning the bible just so that old myths can be rationalized and kept alive due to excessive indoctrination. . .

Let me give you an example that covers everything you have said. . .There is a debate between William Craig and an atheist that took place in Australia(I am trying to look for it on youtube but I am not getting any thing, I don't know the name of the other guy he debated, so the search is difficult, will still post it here when I get it). . .During the question and answer question a guy asked William Craig if he believes the bible is the infallible word of god, William Craig tried to dance around it but latter said he believes so. The guy asked him if the bible correctly explains the creation of the universe because the bible has a detailed explanation if how the universe was created and it does not agree with what we know and what we can observe. The guy asked him if he believes the creation account is factual and if he can reconcile it with the observable evidence. . .The guy who is a student of astronomy cited some examples of how the bible just got it wrong. Dr Craig then said that yeah the creation account in the bible can not be reconciled with observable evidence because it is actually an allegory. . .It is not supposed to be taken literally. . .He said the bottom line is that god created the universe and that is what matters. . .The bible said in the beginning god created the universe and science affirms that the universe had a beginning he said. . .The guy pressed him and he flatly said the creation account in the bible is false but it is immaterial because it is an allegory. What matters is that god created the universe. . .

He said the creation account is not to be taken seriously because it is an allegory. . .But the fact is who ever wrote the creation account in the bible NEVER wrote it as an allegory, he wrote it thinking that actually was how the earth and the universe came about. . .The person had no Hubble , Kepler and James Webb space observatory to help him out. . .The genesis creation account was never written as an allegory. . .Christians have been using it to explain the creation of the universe for hundreds of years. Now the once "factual" account is now an allegory because it doesn't agree with observable evidence. . .

This is the same man that stated that the bible is the infallible word of his god some seconds ago. . .When it comes to religion you can not just get a honest answer because people will even lie to themselves to promote their beliefs. . .You can never get an honest answer. . .Its always one lie or the other so that ancient myth can be promoted. . .

100% agree. There is nothing more that I can even add to this comment! Just perfect.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Double Post
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

na mrs cakegrin
Logicboy03:

Tomorrow Sunday? This babe don high from yesterdays clubbing and champagne! Hangover na bastard!
taaa.... What part of theworld do i stay? Ehh...
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: davidylan is very intelligent bt quite vulgar like yourself.

Davidylan is not intelligent! angry angry

He is a fake biologist exposed by me and other atheists!
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by prairie(f): 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
I knew my assertion about you logicboy was right and u just confirmed it, and I also know davidlyan is your medicine cheesy
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

davidylan na ur merecinegrin
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
prairie: I knew my assertion about you logicboy was right and u just confirmed it, and I also know davidlyan is your medicine cheesy

Even christians know that Davidylan is an vulgar attack Dog. All action, no sense
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: davidylan na ur merecinegrin

If davidylan is a medicine, then cancer is herbal remedy
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

If davidylan is a medicine, then cancer is herbal remedy
admit it jare tongue
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

No mind Bella3 wey no go school. Gullible and unintelligent folks like her will always be deceived by Davidylan's so called intelligence.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by prairie(f): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Even christians know that Davidylan is an vulgar attack Dog. All action, no sense
Taaaa! Typical logicboy u just use mouth to wash everythin like say na true, I've xperiencd ur arguements with davidlyan and I mean this guy beats u to pulp! He even made u quit nairaland for a while, somebody shout alleluia grin
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Bella3(f): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez:

No mind Bella3 wey no go school. Gullible and unintelligent folks like her will always be deceived by Davidylan's so called intelligence.
hahahaha... You are learning fast.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez:

Let me point to the thread where this so called biologist was embarrassed by yours truly!

https://www.nairaland.com/922920/destruction-creationists-olaadegbu-brainpulse-bigd4050#10679457
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
prairie: Taaaa! Typical logicboy u just use mouth to wash everythin like say na true, I've xperiencd ur arguements with davidlyan and I mean this guy beats u to pulp! He even made u quit nairaland for a while, somebody shout alleluia grin

You again. You still have not told me if you were laughing at your jewish god that cloth adam and eve in leaves or if you were laughing at your stupidity.
Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by DeepSight(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03: First of all, I want to say that this letter is to say thank you for making me a better atheist. I am actually happier based upon a certain realization which I could have only come across by discussing with you guys. Thanks guys!

Contrary to public opinion, I am actually a very gentle and shy person. Anony can attest to this. There is an unwritten law/theory on the internet that the loudest people on the internet are actually covering up for their timidity in real life. That being said, on nairaland, there are days that I have been so frustrated by christians that it spoils my day in real life. I am not usually an angry person but I have one weakness; I get angry when people can not understand my point of view - especially when I am explaining a simple logical issue and they reject it without consideration. Fortunately, I am great at explaining myself in real life and this rarely happens to me with friends and family. Even when I met Anony, it was easy for us to get our differing points across. Anony quickly understood why I am the way I am on Nairaland. Even my christian family is moving towards agnosticism because of my oratory skills.

On, nairaland, communication is limited to text and there are people who are either not used to logic or just dubious or unwilling to accept a different point of view. For the most times on Nairaland, my points get across very well with my written work (as evidenced by people who rethink their religon due to arguments hers). However, there are times that I into "all-bold, capslock rage" of abuse on Nairaland with Davidylan, Frosbel, Anony and the usual culprits. This is mostly because they dont see my point of view or that we disagree on what is logical. This rage got to a peak on the "Cowardice of Atheism" thread where I was shouting and hollering at the denial of the problems atheist face. Davidylan, Anony and Enigma were having fun at my expense and I was really pissed on this last thursday and friday. https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/29

Seeing that I already wanted to cutback on my Nairaland activities, I took a break since that friday and started wondering why I got angry and wound up so much. I started reading my old posts/threads and realised something; I usually debate people on the assumptions that they are willing to learn and ready to changer their minds- but when they don't I get frustrated as if I have failed in teaching them something. I noticed that I keep repeating points that these christians kept dismissing and mocking casually. Upon this realisation, I started laughing and things started to make sense.....

For instance, when I look at the threads talking about morality, the christians are always willing to dismiss any logical argument against the activities of God in the old testament with the illogical line; "you are not reading the bible with the holy ghost, you are too literal". These people know that they are wrong but are not willing to change and learn. I started laughing at my naive self of reacting to their dismissal of logic and trying to et them to reason. I started seeing what some christians truly are on Nairaland; people who are not willing to learn after realising that their religion might be false while dismissing/attacking atheists. Another example would be the "Cowardice of atheism" thread where three christians deluded themselves over 30 pages claiming that atheists face little or no discrimination in Nigeria and we are cowards for not being open about our disbelief. I was angry but now I realise that it is a case of desperation!

In short, I want to say thank you for helping me to realize an issue plaguing me and also to release myself from tireless arguments on Nairaland. I have started to avoid unnecessary arguments and reduce my input here on Nairaland.

I also have learned something new and good for me. Whenever I see a christian or theist say;
-atheism is a religion
-you don't understand the bible you are reading without the holy ghost
-A fool says that there is no god in his heart
-atheists have no morality
-atheists are all evil
or lastly,
-Only Yaweh can give objective morality,

I now know that the person is speaking out of desperation or ignorance at a last ditch attempt to dismiss the logical argument of an atheist/agnostic/unbeliever because none of these statements are true or logical

A big thank you to you guys! Ramen!

My Son, you need help. I am seriously concerned about your state of mind. No kidding, no jibing. I mean it. There is clearly a personal problem somewhere. What is it? At this point, I am ready to talk to you. Ask Anony for my number. Life is confusing, but please dont ruin yourself with anger. Trust me, I have been there.

1 Like

Re: Logicboy's Letter To Anony, Enigma, Frosbel And Other Christians..(thank You) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Deep Sight:

My Son, you need help. I am seriously concerned about your state of mind. No kidding, no jibing. I mean it. There is clearly a personal problem somewhere. What is it? At this point, I am ready to talk to you. Ask Anony for my number. Life is confusing, but please dont ruin yourself with anger. Trust me, I have been there.

lol.....this is why people dont prosper in Nigeria. Someone talks about his feeling and then we stigmatize the person that the person has mental conditions and if the "diagnoser" is a christian, he will recommend you to a pastor to slap the witch/demon out of you.

You are an educated person. Dont fall my hand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Provoking Signs & Wonders I / Deliverance From 30 Years Of Masturbation And Porn / Pastor Bath For Married Woman In The Name Of Praying And Annointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.