Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) (19672 Views)

Inside Ajegunle Hotel Where Little girls Dance for Old Men At night / His Wife Is Always Tired At Night For Sex / Man In Search Of Ghost Finds Girlfriend Sleeping With Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ibiso1986: 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
Have u had an odd experience at night. Have u had a feeling of someone watching u at night or probably pressing ur neck while asleep.. Feel free to share ur experience
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ibiso1986: 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
I don't know if u guys have experienced something pressing on ur neck or leaning on ur back while half asleep or about to go to sleep. This is something I've experienced countless times.. Cos wen it usually happens, breathing tends to pause for a while and speech seizes.. The pressing tends to get worse when I pray in my mind.. Thus the pressing stops(always pray at night) and I won't be able to see any person in the room. I feel it can cause death since it has to do with breathing. Is it really a ghost or just my imagination. Feel free to comment cos I know of many people that have experienced it as well

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
I can relate to your story, I had the experience once when growing up, my siblings said its the work of the devil and it happens when you don't pray enough.

So my big bro gave me a tip on how to overcome it by trying to scream Jesus if the ghost should come, but I told him its difficult to alter any word. He insisted I take a deep breath, before pronouncing Jesus. smiley

Ok, I was ready for the supposed ghost to appear and press me on my bed.

Alas, it came one night, all my body went weak, sad...I tried screaming Jesus,I couldn't. I remembered the advise and I took a deep breath but the word Jesus couldn't get off my lips embarassed.

Anyway, I just relaxed and said in my mind " The Lord said we should have faith in him, Jesus, do your thing cos me I want to sleep cheesy" et voila,I slept off, woke up the following morning healthy and strong. That was the end of my ghost trauma till date.

Just relax, no one is chasing you..have faith even if you forget to pray at night, he takes charge!

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ibiso1986: 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nice advise mr vikin
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by pak: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
No need to fret.

There is probably nothing supernatural about your experience.

There is a term for what you've experienced and it was dealt with extensively at some point on NL.

Its actually a 'protective mechanism' in the body that ensures your physical body is not awake before your brain, Hence there are times when you feel mentally aware but can't just seem to respond physical. As though you're been bogged down by a force from the outside.

Just do a little research and you'll find out that its something that has occured to about 80% of people at least once in their lifetime

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by 2sexynet: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
Vikin: I can relate to your story, I had the experience once when growing up, my siblings said its the work of the devil and it happens when you don't pray enough.

So my big bro gave me a tip on how to overcome it by trying to scream Jesus if the ghost should come, but I told him its difficult to alter any word. He insisted I take a deep breath, before pronouncing Jesus. smiley

Ok, I was ready for the supposed ghost to appear and press me on my bed.

Alas, it came one night, all my body went weak, sad...I tried screaming Jesus,I couldn't. I remembered the advise and I took a deep breath but the word Jesus couldn't get off my lips embarassed.

Anyway, I just relaxed and said in my mind " The Lord said we should have faith in him, Jesus, do your thing cos me I want to sleep cheesy" et voila,I slept off, woke up the following morning healthy and strong. That was the end of my ghost trauma till date.

Just relax, no one is chasing you..have faith even if you forget to pray at night, he takes charge!
vikin, na me oh. Yah mentee. I dropped some mails for you. To the topic.

I disagree with you vikin. Everyone had experienced this condition at one point in their life: I had it consistently as a kid and had this same notion that it's spiritual.

But a few months ago, someone brought up the same topic and we were made to understand that it is medical name for it. Cant remember sha. Googling will help
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
^^^^ in as much as I know there are medical conditions, you should always consider people's faith in some things..

The end story is......did it work? And the answer is yes! smiley

Did I get any medication? Ans. No.

Clearly, the OP is seeking for spiritual medication not medical. So I inputted my spiritual opinion.

I check the mail. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ibiso1986: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
It could actually be a medical case but I think its beyond that sometimes cos u might just feel someone's hand pressing on u and wen u try to pray, the attack gets more serious

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by victorian(f): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Be very prayerful and believe that no ghost or evil spirit can touch u, as long as u believe in Christ Jesus. There is nothing medical about it. It's purely spiritual..be fervent in prayers.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by havilla(f): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
I used to have this experience sometimes and I noticed it when I don't pray at night. But now that I take my spiritual life seriously its a thing of the past. Every nite before u sleep soak urself with the blood of Jesus and u will sleep like a baby. If its a medical condition how come when I started praying every night it stopped? Its Just white pple giving a lame excuse for what they can't explain.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by kuzzieOtiz: 10:47pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have had some similar experiences. Basically, I would feel as if I was awake but I couldn't move or talk. At first it was really scary, I thought I was finished LOOL. After experiencing it many times, almost twice a day, I decided to do some research and proceeded to read about 'sleep paralysis'. I found out it was nothing serious, its just a mechanism to stop you from physically acting out your dream. Even though I now know what it is, it still scares the crap out of me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
2sexy.net:
vikin, na me oh. Yah mentee. I dropped some mails for you. To the topic.

I disagree with you vikin. Everyone had experienced this condition at one point in their life: I had it consistently as a kid and had this same notion that it's spiritual.

But a few months ago, someone brought up the same topic and we were made to understand that it is medical name for it. Cant remember sha. Googling will help
I can bet you that's not a medical condition. It's purely spiritual. A lot of things that medicine claims to know about are just lies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
I saw a ghost not quite long when somebody walked by. The shadow was a clear evidence it's a ghost.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by allout: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Topic does not rhyme with initial post! Na ghost dey press u down for sleep? How u take know, if I may ask?

I'm seeing too many ghosts on here already! I'm out mehn! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by tunapawizzy: 5:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
ibiso1986: Have u had an odd experience at night. Have u had a feeling of someone watching u at night or probably pressing ur neck while asleep.. Feel free to share ur experience
THIS MAN U NO GET WORK ABI

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
undecided
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by 702: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
shocked shocked y did i open this thread na?? shocked sad
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by hustla242: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
It's called sleep paralysis guys but everyone to their beliefs and faith.
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by rodeo0070(m): 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
This Space is for sale...
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
pak: No need to fret.

There is probably nothing supernatural about your experience.

There is a term for what you've experienced and it was dealt with extensively at some point on NL.

Its actually a 'protective mechanism' in the body that ensures your physical body is not awake before your brain, Hence there are times when you feel mentally aware but can't just seem to respond physical. As though you're been bogged down by a force from the outside.

Just do a little research and you'll find out that its something that has occured to about 80% of people at least once in their lifetime
My friend pause those your scientific analogy.When e happen to you your body go tell you.If it is a medical thing then the yeye oyibo people should also prescribe a drug or solution for it.That is how they do deceive themselves before that there is nothing like black magic until they started seeing it amongst themselves especially by the Spanish people now they call it Voodoo.Yeye people

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
OP what you're experiencing is termed sleeping paralysis.
i doubt if its got anything to do with demonic attacks, i experienced it two days ago, nothing serious. undecided
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by TUMIC(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ZACHIE: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
how come this ghost story is prevalent among families with unexplained wealth in Yorubaland (relating to my own experience)?
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmh!,,na waooh,,thanks to dis thread o,,@op...u try o,,,,,,,,dis kind tin ba..hmm..,,e don do me tire...,,i thought its me alone on dis issue,,i dont know its very rampant like dis,,,tanx to dis thread once more,,,atleast now i know say no b only me de battle wit dat kind mystery..,,,even to turn my neck is ZERO....,,as if am been tied wit a chain ,,,so no b only me..although i kept d experience personal..cus i cant say it out,,,,.how i wan use talk am??..say witch de press me or wat?....haha,,it will b a joke of my hood,,,now i feel reliefed.......haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh . Am not alone in da MESS cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by perrychocks(f): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
ibiso1986: I don't know if u guys have experienced something pressing on ur neck or leaning on ur back while half asleep or about to go to sleep. This is something I've experienced countless times.. Cos wen it usually happens, breathing tends to pause for a while and speech seizes.. The pressing tends to get worse when I pray in my mind.. Thus the pressing stops(always pray at night) and I won't be able to see any person in the room. I feel it can cause death since it has to do with breathing. Is it really a ghost or just my imagination. Feel free to comment cos I know of many people that have experienced it as well
its attack nah,u hv to be very prayerful oo or dem go commot u 4 ds life..
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
I hereby call on mr pagan 9ja to come and do justice to this post. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
To scare away ghosts, provide the following; blood of a cobra snake, urine of a day old baby, 7 sea shells, 7 cowries, a red piece of cloth, 7 cockrels, 5 rams, 3 he-goats, a hunched back cow & N250,000 cash. You should also be prepared to stay with the gods (irunmole) for 3 nights in the shrine hotel if you are a sexy lady.
The gods (irúmolè) wanna help you.
Truth of the matter, there's no ghost, it's your imagination.
Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by ebamma(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
All of una were the say na ghost una be novice, na witch press that guy,i'm talking from experience, dey always pray b4 u sleep

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) by Orikinla(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Separate your fears from the facts of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady / Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.