Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

“children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady (19617 Views)

Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

“children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Priscy01(f): 4:31am On Mar 08, 2018
A Nigerian Mental Health Practioner has declared and given her reasons why she feels children are a burden.

In her tweet that has since gone viral, she wrote children often slow down careers, and they are very costly and time also consuming.

Read her full tweets below;
“Children are a burden (I don’t mean this in a bad way, it is what it is). They often slow down careers, are very costly and are very time consuming. It’s sad that some are carelessly brought into the world by people unwilling to make those sacrifices.”

“Without a kid you typically have to mainly worry about yourself. With a child, you have to factor them into every decision you make. You have another load to carry, you can’t be as impulsive and frivolous, you shift your way of living to accommodate them.”

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/children-are-a-burden-they-slow-down-careers-and-are-very-time-consuming-lady.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Cutehector(m): 4:39am On Mar 08, 2018
You see Darling, when you are broke in life, things like this becomes a nightmare for you.

Have money.. Everything gets easier. Even with kids, some people still survive and are doing better than the single ones out there.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 08, 2018
Her life.
Her opinion.
Her choice.

We need some 'necessary burdens' in life to have a fulfilled life.

I LOVE KIDS A LOT!!

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by onward4life(m): 5:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Beach!!! yu wud soon stop getting booty calls and invite for parties!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by JideAmuGiaka: 5:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Idiot.

A failure is a failure with or without children.

5 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by emmayayodeji(m): 5:46am On Mar 08, 2018
See bashing comments!!
This girl is actually saying the bitter truth

Especially in this part of the world where the sole reason for most marriages is to start manufacturing children with no adequate plans and amenities to cater for em

212 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by eleojo23: 6:14am On Mar 08, 2018
I think she is indirectly trying to say that people should give birth to the number of kids they can take care of.

Don't go and be producing children as if na only you God give the command to 'be fruitful and multiply'

And she is also right on the second point. My Mum got her master's degree when I was studying for my own first degree... something she would have gotten earlier if she wasn't busy taking care of us.

I know men who do 2 jobs because they have kids to take care of. If they didn't have kids, they can live on one job comfortably with their wives.

So parenting involves sacrifices.

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by ProfEinstein: 6:15am On Mar 08, 2018
Bitter truth!!!! You must not have children if you can't take care of them. There is nothing wrong if one doesn't want kids cos of the burden and added responsibility that comes with it but in this clime we live people see as it disturbing not to want to have kids.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by boolet: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2018
She is very much entitled to her opinion, especially when speaking in relative terms.

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by remsonik(f): 6:17am On Mar 08, 2018
She's totally right. Many children are brought into this world carelessly with no plans for them. If you are not ready to make a sacrifice to train a child then there's no need having a child!
It's a bitter truth you need to adjust the way you live your life when you start having children. This involves both father and mother but in the case where parents are estranged and not together such a child have very slim chances of enjoying life and getting the best from it.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2018
This is only the case when you don't plan for the kids... Children are a blessing and the same way children can "slow down a parent" is the same way one child can lift a generation out of poverty wink smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2018
She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

No kid is a burden and children are not burden..

On the contrary children are blessing to the world because all great men and women that have made the world a better place were ones kids..

I was never a burden to my parents.. and i believe that she too was never a burden to her parents and that was why she was not aborted..

People that think children are burden are irresponsible people that failed to plan for their lives..

They are wayward and selfish so they see children as a burden because they live a wayward life filled with bad decisions, they are lazy in even taking care of themselves so they see kids as a burden when their inresponsibilities brings a child out of wedlock..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Elvixbeatz(m): 6:18am On Mar 08, 2018
GOD will bless dis lady.. Sm idiots will attack her without reasoning.... Ok b4 bashing her ask ur mom if d life she is living now is wat she dreamt of..... kiss kiss kiss

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by cococandy(f): 6:18am On Mar 08, 2018
Absolutely one hundred percent true.
We love them still.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by lordsharks(m): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Insane lady
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by beejayphako(m): 6:20am On Mar 08, 2018
We af heard
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Elvixbeatz(m): 6:20am On Mar 08, 2018
u are being too emotional not too good for successquote author=DrinkLimca post=65654134]She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

On the contrary children are blessing to the world because all great men and women that have made the world a better place were ones kids..

I was never a burden to my parents.. and i believe that she too was never a burden to her parents and that was why she was not aborted..

People that think children are burden are irresponsible people that failed to plan for their lives..

They are wayward and selfish so they see children as a burden because they live a wayward life filled with bad decisions, they are lazy in even taking care of themselves so they see kids as a burden when their inresponsibilities brings a child out of wedlock..
[/quote]

8 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Donald3d(m): 6:20am On Mar 08, 2018
Why all of una dey misunderstand the lady na undecided
Una no do english comprehension for primary school ?
She is saying the truth, she is saying what it means to have kids and the sacrifices you have to take .
She no talk say make una no born pikin.Its simple logic
I don taya for una

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by bigfat: 6:21am On Mar 08, 2018
if your mother didn't give birth to you ,you wont have mouth to to be talking rubbish ,after your parents have trained you for years and now open your mouth and say child or children are burden...na wah ,,,

2 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by GossipGirl1(f): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2018
I see the point she's trying to make but burden ain't the right word to use ...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by chuksjuve(m): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2018
Ehyaaaaa!!!!
This is the statement that you spew:
When you are educated but not wise

Next time please cover your body..

Thanks !!!

3 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by fSociety: 6:21am On Mar 08, 2018
Bash her all you want, what she said is the gospel truth. In developed countries, people stay away from having kids for as long as they can. The fear of child support is the cure for konji wink

16 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 08, 2018
remsonik:
She's totally right. Many children are brought into this world carelessly with no plans for them. If you are not ready to make a sacrifice to train a child then there's no need having a child!
Bringing a child one can't take care of to this world does not make the child a burden...that is a very wrong thing to say..

4 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by datola: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2018
Mental health practitioner.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by fSociety: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
[s]She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

[/s]

Writing in bold font doesn't mean you're making sense. All what you typed there is a truckload of gibberish

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by emmabest2000(m): 6:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Na dem ...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2018
How can she start her tweet with, "children are a burden?".. That's totally wrong from someone with bulgy big popping-out eyes.
Anyways, that one na her opinion.. As for me, children 'cannot be a burden'..
I even wonder why she said they are time consuming.. For fucksake, we do have nannies.. If u dont have the time for them, these nannies do..
For her to Say that you have to change your life style to blend their's, shows how immature, incompetent, stupid and dirty her life is..
If you dont keep late nights, drink toomuch, smoke, sleep around or even mismanage your resources or commit unnecessary 'basic' vices,.. then which life did you say you want to change?
Someone just play for her that M.I's song..
When she finally fixes her miserable life, she'd know that children aren't burdens.. Instead, na her lifestyle dey bother am..

p 6.16136Mo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Rekyz(m): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2018
If you ain't ready to make those sacrifices, don't put your ROD in the HOLE.

4 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by omotuntun: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2018
Everyone just want to try to trend.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by remsonik(f): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

You were never a burden cos your parents made sacrifices and plans for you. Some are never ready to take care of their children cos when they are growing it's a burden to them. You need to adjust your lifestyle for them as responsible parents.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by CuriousMynd: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2018
onward4life:
Beach!!! yu wud soon stop getting booty calls and invite for parties!

Beach Ko

Ocean ni

3 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Monaco2(m): 6:25am On Mar 08, 2018
Same way u were a burden to ur parents.. N they still accommodate u..... It's how it is

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! / World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.