Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,956 members, 7,848,887 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Prisoners Of War - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Prisoners Of War (39083 Views)

We Are Able (THUG OF WAR) / Woman Of War --- A Story By Miss_fibre / Prisoner Of War - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
A new page has been opened cheesy
Re: Prisoners Of War by omobajohn58(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: A new page has been opened cheesy
a new page 4 what?
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
For update smiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by omobajohn58(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eze Promoe: For update smiley
oya jooooo
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 4:24am On Sep 12, 2013
smiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by lovingangel(f): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2013
plz post d site of d new page for us to read
Re: Prisoners Of War by ERF: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
U guys should be patient; update will come before xmassmiley
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hmm...Eze! This isn't fair nau sad

y r u doing us lyk diz na??
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
So, some people are still expecting update? No worry after election you will surely see more than 1 update.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chai, I'm challenged!
I shall surprise you all. SURELY!
Re: Prisoners Of War by FameG(f): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]like now
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
The day I go vex begin update, make nobody beg me to stop o.
Re: Prisoners Of War by ameenahz(f): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Eze Promoe: The day I go vex begin update, make nobody beg me to stop o.

Really?? undecided
Re: Prisoners Of War by SeunPlus(f): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Eze Promoe, do you know that you're so annoying undecided
Re: Prisoners Of War by frank317: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Fame-G:
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]like now

Hi,jst to inform u I have started a new story, have u seen it?
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 12:38am On Sep 22, 2013
frank3.16:

Onye njo ahia tongue
Na for my thread you dey come do advert, abi?
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Am enjoying this wit my bottle of smirnoff and shawarma. grin
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tonia500: Am enjoying this wit my bottle of smirnoff and shawarma. grin

You alone? shocked
Remember today is Sunday o undecided
Re: Prisoners Of War by FameG(f): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
frank3.16:

frank noooo o. *dancing* goin in search 4 it since promoe is nt ready.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
Fame-G:

frank noooo o. *dancing* goin in search 4 it since promoe is nt ready.
I'll update this week na sad
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Onye njo ahia tongue
Na for my thread you dey come do advert, abi?
This thread is gud 4 adverts grin grin

PLACE ALL YA ADVERTS HERE!
Re: Prisoners Of War by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
*strolls in, sees nothing apart from the normal promise and do nothing* will be back next year to check for any new thing *goes out with prettiEBONY gisting*
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
Damex333: *strolls in, sees nothing apart from the normal promise and do nothing* will be back next year to check for any new thing *goes out with prettiEBONY gisting*
I'll surely update this week.
I'm very sorry, please forgive me and don't take PretiEbony away embarassed
Re: Prisoners Of War by Tonia500(f): 11:20am On Sep 26, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] eze promoe, dont keep me in suspence update the remaining story na! My smirnoff don dey finish.
Re: Prisoners Of War by Teespice(f): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Promoe, na wa for you. Finish this story, mbanu. Yet you can create threads professing love abi. It is well.

*unfollowing with immediate effect*
Re: Prisoners Of War by Missprettie(f): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
Still on d matta angry
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Teespice: Promoe, na wa for you. Finish this story, mbanu. Yet you can create threads professing love abi. It is well.

*unfollowing with immediate effect*
Please sweerie, don't unfollow cry
Re: Prisoners Of War by Teespice(f): 11:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Please sweerie, don't unfollow cry

There has to be an update by the end of tomorrow... Afterall you promised to update this week. That way I will follow again.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2013
[size=14pt]18[/size]

The misty dusk of Nkwo market day, saw the arrival of Ifenna and Akwanwa to Umudioga. They'd spent good number of hours on the road, strolling, discussing, playing and joking, like they'd been doing before they were parted.
They arrived at Ararume's compound at Umudioga, where Akwanwa's family lived, hoping to give them a surprise barge in. Ifenna who was the architect of such idea, was to go and alert the insiders.

"You wait here, while I go in there and make a surprise announcement. I am to announce your arrival and immediately your name is mentioned, you can now match down to this place. Are you set?"

"Ever ready!" she laughed. Ifenna tiptoed in a way such that the dropping of a needle on the ground was much louder than his footsteps. He went first to the kitchen, hid himself by the wall of the building. He made noise on the kitchen door, hoping that someone would come asking who it was. He made that same noise several times, until it was getting louder. He then moved to the door of the house to let loose the handle of the door, it was now glaring to him that he had been flogging a dead horse. He was disappointed to have found noone sitting either outside or inside, which made him give up all his ideas. He came to Akwanwa dejectedly,

"What happened? Is everything alright?" she asked with fluttering heart beat.

"There are noone in the house." Ifenna lamented. Akwanwa was also disappoint, not because of the empty house, but because of Ifenna who'd changed mood for reasons which was as well as no reason.

"Is that why you frown like you ate unsqueezed onugbu leaves?" Ifenna found himself almost worked up over something that didn't matter that much, hence he found some words he would append to suit his countenance, and denying that his mood was never in connection with his disappointment.

"Then what is it?" she asked with a smile.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Amadioha eh!" Akwanwa was startled by a scream coming from behind her, she turned to see Onyema, her brother, standing with his arms lenght matchet almost dropping from his hand. Beside him standing was a pregnant woman holding a basket full of utazi leaves, she was as dark as coal, with long slender legs. She didn't look bad, Akwanwa could presume her to be his wife.
"If I didn't see someone standing here with you, I would have thought I just saw a ghost."

"You didn't see a ghost, you saw your sister," she said with a smile. She went closer to him and gave him a hug to prove that she's human, and not spirit, like he may be thinking. Ifenna waved to him with a casual smile, Onyema waved backed but didn't return the smile, but instead turn back to his sister.

"I'm really happy you're back to us. You don't know how you kept mother worrying. She'd gone sick severally and if not for Agumba she would have been dead by now." Akwanwa took her stares back to the strange pregnant woman who had gone tired listening to them and had gone to squat under a tree.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2013
"Who is she?"

"She is my wife."

"And where is your other wife? I mean Nweke's wife," she said stammering.

"You talk as if you've forgotten who she is. How do you want me to keep that witch in my house as wife?" he said turning away from her. Akwanwa stepped towards his gaze, so she could make sure she could be sure she communicated to him sights and sounds.

"See, Onyema. Neither do I like her a bit, but since tradition demands so, why not do it to save your head. I mean if she strikes diabollically, her deed will be justified because its her right."

"And what happens to my own wife?"

"She is still yours and nothing will stop that."

"Let us stop discussing about this and talk of something better," he said waving her words off, to show how uncomfortable it was for him.

"What of tradition? Are you going to defy it?"

"Oh, Akwanwa stop it! Stop it!" Onyema barked at his sister in a way that startled her.

"Hehehei, what is going on here?" it was Nwabiala who had just came into the scene. She'd been surprised over Akwanwa's unanticipated presence and Onyema's rage on her, hence divided. She had to intervene, if not for anything, but for her most cherished daughter,

"Akwanwa, my daughter!"

"Mama eh!" she ran speedily and overwhelmed her stamina with an embrace. They two were on the ground already, but the old woman would never mind, rather they exchanged their happiness, sitting on the floor.

"Akwanwa is this really you?"

"Yes, it's me. I really missed you all." she said patting her back, she then rose to her feet and gave her a helping arm to the old woman, "Stand up, mama and let's go inside."

"No, my daughter. We're going to Agbukwu."

"Why not here?"

"This house is evil, I vowed never to move in here again, or have anything to do with Madueke's household."

"But I've walked a long way already, and I'm very tired. Now that my brother and his wife are here, we're complete already, and we can spend the night here." Akwanwa kept pressing on while his mother kept on refusing but Akwanwa prevailed when she remained insistent by going in herself. Nwabiala was helpless, and could do nothing more to stop her, so she consented. She kept looking around like she was expecting a wild beast to come out from anywhere.

"Mama sit nu!" Akwanwa held her hand like a toddler learning how to walk. Nwabiala sat on the padded sit reluctantly like there was pin in it. Behind them, was Ifenna following gently, he'd been silent all through their pleasantries.

"My daughter, where have you been all these while?" she said coldly.

"Mama! Allow your daughter to rest, you know I've walked a long way," she said with a smile.

"No my daughter, not in this one, you will tell me why you left," it was now that the woman remembered that her daughter left with someone, so she quickly had to snap in, "Where is Mgborie?" Mist of tears clouded Akwanwa's face when she asked her about her half sister, not knowing how to start telling the story.
Re: Prisoners Of War by EzePromoe: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2013
"Mgborie got drowned in a river when we were coming back from Item," she lamented. Her fear grew when she thought of how she was going to face her (Mgborie) mother. Nwabiala was shocked, and had pity for her co-wife, Ahurone. She'd lost all she had for Madueke, and now she was as good as childless.
Ahurone would have to depend on the two sons she had for her ex-husband. She got married to him when she was sixteen, and they seperated following unrest in the family after her husband took a chubby woman as second wife, of which his main motive was to curb Ahurone's rebellious attitude and nagging lifestyle. Ahurone had never given her husband breathing space especially when she saw that she had given him two sons. The poor husband in turn swore to make her stay in that house full of regrets, hence his reason for bringing the corpulent woman, who hadn't make it easy for her either. After much oppression from the tubby, she just had to abscond from his house. Since she was still young, Madueke found her attractive and decided taking her for a second wife.
Ahurone's lifetime in Madueke's house was just null and void, but no thanks to Madueke whose evil acts have landed her in these troubles.
Ifenna was feeling weak and sleepy, having spent the whole evening almost saying nothing.

"I want to go and sleep, may the day break!"

"You can't go to Amihie this late, why not spend the night with us," Akwanwa said holding him back.

"Fair princess, you'll have a lot of issues to discuss with your mother, giving you the space will be the best I can do for you and mama." Akwanwa smiled sheepishly, dashing out to him her hand to give a farewell.

"May the day break, prince!"
The door squeaked close and Ifenna was gone, leaving Akwanwa and her mother facing themselves without words being mentioned.
Akwanwa was first to break the silence, moving close to her mother and patting her back from her lower neck down across her spines. Nwabiala didn't know what she was up to but she remained calm patiently waiting for her next action. She had gotten accustomed to the attitude, whereas she wouldn't even mind waiting the whole day for her to break the suspense.

"Mama, what I want to ask you is not a good question," she said turning her face away from her to the ground, as if she was watching out for an eruption from there.

"Whatever it may be, my daughter. That is why you have me as your mother?" she was now the one patting her daughter's back.

"That is what the problem is now, nne ," her face was clouded by a moody countenance making the old woman getting more worried, that she couldn't withstand the suspense any longer, even though she thought she had gotten used to it.

"Akwanwa, do you want my heart to fail, please tell me what the problem is?" Akwanwa didn't wait for a pause before snapping in.

"Is that really what you are? My mother? Am I your daughter?" She supported her chin with her palm, not looking at her, definitely strict.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Cold / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.