Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,211 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE (2882 Views)

Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN / Buying Stocks, Bonds And Shares In Nigeria / Buying Shares in Nigeria: Companies, Stock Market Trends, & Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by 0Edward0(m): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Good day,
I stand to be corrected, can I trade with my small unit of shares on the NSE? The shares are small though about 3000 units (bought during IPO) from Access bank (good corespondence from them with some share bonus and dividends), Dangtote Flour (do they have financial year endings? Because I have not heard from them) and Transcorp (are they still in excistence?). I have visited about stockbrokers in PH but it seems they are big time traders. Helpful information will be appreciated.
Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by CORDROSS: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2013
You can trade as small as 1 unit on the Exchange. However this must be done through a stockbroker. Also all quoted company have year end. You may Google this to have the year of Dangote flour. Similarly Transcorp is trading and very much in existence. But you may have to verify your share certificate to be dematerialized into your CSCS account to be opened by a stockbroker only. Until then you cannot trade your shares.

Again there are over 250 stockbroking firms in Nigeria and you can choose any of your choice. So you don't have to stick your head with those in PH. We several of them in Lagos. Lets i forget your certificate will go through a broker who will in turn submit it to the registrar of the company in question. Your broker will give you more detail as event unfolds between you and them.

Have a great day.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by 0Edward0(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2013
@cordross thanks very much, well understoo. Will you name some stockbrokers in Lagos that can attend to me.
Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by a1solution: 8:52am On Feb 27, 2013
0Edward0: @cordross thanks very much, well understoo. Will you name some stockbrokers in Lagos that can attend to me.
Google is ur friend

1 Like

Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by stockbull(m): 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
you can
Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by CORDROSS: 8:15am On Mar 22, 2013
Google it...stock brokers in Nigeria.......You will get a couple of them with either their website or their contact address....
Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2013
Of course you can trade small units of shares but first you must get the share certificates dematerialized by opening a cscs account in which the shares will be electronically stored. You will have to approach a stockbroker to assist you open the account and verify the certificates into your cscs account. Yes, some stock broking houses fix high threshold for account opening but there are quite a number of others that will open account for you for little amount. To get a list of registered stockbrokers, you can visit the Nigerian Stock Exchange website - www.nse.com.ng or the Securities and Exchange Commission website www.sec.gov.ng. You may also wish to visit www.equatorcapitalng.com and contact their Port Harcourt office.

With respect to year end, all companies have year end in which they are required to prepare their financial statement. Most companies year end is December and yes Dangote Sugar and all the quoted companies in the Dangote group are very much active and trading on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. If you have any issues with your investment, you can contact their registrars. Your stock broker will guide you.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by 0Edward0(m): 7:18am On Mar 23, 2013
stalwartnaija: Of course you can trade small units of shares but first you must get the share certificates dematerialized by opening a cscs account in which the shares will be electronically stored. You will have to approach a stockbroker to assist you open the account and verify the certificates into your cscs account. Yes, some stock broking houses fix high threshold for account opening but there are quite a number of others that will open account for you for little amount. To get a list of registered stockbrokers, you can visit the Nigerian Stock Exchange website - www.nse.com.ng or the Securities and Exchange Commission website www.sec.gov.ng. You may also wish to visit www.equatorcapitalng.com and contact their Port Harcourt office.

With respect to year end, all companies have year end in which they are required to prepare their financial statement. Most companies year end is December and yes Dangote Sugar and all the quoted companies in the Dangote group are very much active and trading on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. If you have any issues with your investment, you can contact their registrars. Your stock broker will guide you.

Good luck
Very much said and well understood, are you a stockbroker?
Re: Can I Trade Small Units Of Shares In NSE by badesco(m): 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2013
CORDROSS: You can trade as small as 1 unit on the Exchange. However this must be done through a stockbroker. Also all quoted company have year end. You may Google this to have the year of Dangote flour. Similarly Transcorp is trading and very much in existence. But you may have to verify your share certificate to be dematerialized into your CSCS account to be opened by a stockbroker only. Until then you cannot trade your shares.

Again there are over 250 stockbroking firms in Nigeria and you can choose any of your choice. So you don't have to stick your head with those in PH. We several of them in Lagos. Lets i forget your certificate will go through a broker who will in turn submit it to the registrar of the company in question. Your broker will give you more detail as event unfolds between you and them.

Have a great day.... cheesy

You have responded positively. all what u said here are correct.

(1) (Reply)

From $5 To $10 Profit / How I Sold 50,000 Unit Of My Sandals On Facebook / Binance Crypto Wodl(answer): Total Prize Pool: $5000 TWT Rewards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.