Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! (2537 Views)

Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health / Foods That Are Dangerous To Health In The New Year / Is Palm Oil Really Bad For Your Health? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! by robosapien(m): 5:05am On Feb 27, 2013
Soy milk used to be one of my favorites as a teenager, I consumed a lot of it until I left that same environment that provided it to me in abundance. Today, I was reading a book titled Stolen Harvest by Vandana Shiva, as I neared the conclusion of chapter one, Shiva stated that soy was dangerous to human health. I was shocked to hear this, but then I decided to confirm from other sources on Google, and low and behold most of sources agree with the health hazards Shiva had stated in her book. I know Nigerians consume a lot of soy products, and I am using this medium to reach out to you all about the dangers.

link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/soy-health_b_1822466.html
Re: SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! by zenatta: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thank you so much for link and info. Heard this news but refused to confirm it. Now you have.

I was planning to go 'soy' but keep putting it off cos of its complexities.

How would the world have been wrongly informed about Soya. For a very long time, it was the miracle food and held its place. Tofu is so popular. I even learned to make it and was going to learn to make Soymilk. We were advised to add spoonfuls of ground soya into baby's cereal. Phew!!!
I use Soy Sauce though, glad to read its not in the list of the baddies.
Thank you.
Re: SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! by GoodWife: 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Wow thanks for sharing! Everyday they discover new things that are bad for us. Me too I love Soy milk like no man's business! I guess that's another of my favourite things that will be taken off my shopping list! *sigh
Re: SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! by tjskii(f): 12:03am On Sep 28, 2013
But from what I garnered reading this article,it says unfermented soy is dangerous to onez health,which means we can go ahead to enjoy soymilk,cos it goes through the fermentation process
Re: SOYBEANS Products Are Dangerous To Your Health. PLEASE BEWARE! by degurl(f): 6:29am On Sep 29, 2013
One of nature's best gift to man is Soya beans. Unfortunately nearly every thing edible both natural and man made has a bad side. Take Yam and Cassava for instance.

Fortunately these dangers can be avoided well by preparing the food/fruit well to get rid of the harmful chemicals.

I love soya milk and loves preparing it (only that it's too stressful) and I can tell you that soya beans powder is one of the best things for little babies.

(1) (Reply)

See What I Did / Do You Feel Shy Eating Chicken With Your Hands In Eatery? / Haier Thermocool Fridge/freezer In Perfect Condition (250litres)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.