Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse (12058 Views)

Breastfeeding Adult: Advice To Ahlu Sunnah To Revive A "Lost Sunnah" / The Kind of Spouse Every Muslim Should Seek For / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by deols(f): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Aa’isha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrates in Sahih Al Bukhari V2/B 15/no.70]:

It was the day of ‘Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (peace be upon him) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (peace be upon him) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, “Carry on! O Bani Arfida,” till I got tired.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked me, “Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?” I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.

The Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) always kept his smile with his wives and he used to laugh and please them to make them laugh as well. With all the troubles around him, he used to take his wife Aisha, to the desert and say, “Aisha, lets race!” And she used to race him and win. So, he kept on feeding her meat for a whole week, so she would unassumingly gain weight, until he took her again to the desert and said, “Aisha, let’s race!” At that time, he won and said to her, “This time I won!”.

http://islampeace1./2013/02/27/laugh-play-and-joke-with-your-life-partner-its-sunnah/

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by zayhal(f): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Please help us tell them o. Some brothers carry on as if smiling is a sin, even at home with their wives and children. I know a particular one that laughs and plays with his wife when they're alone together but once they're outside or they have a visitor in the house, his countenance suddenly changes and he wears that straight face. I wonder why.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by tbaba1234: 12:45am On Feb 28, 2013
hehehe...

I remember, i was walking down the road in Lagos once and i saw a brother with a beard from afar... I said to my self: i am going to give this bro salams when i get close...

Oh boy, when i got close, the frown was so scary that i couldn't even do it. It was terrible...

Smiling is a sunnah, guys...
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by kemiola89(f): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2013
^^^ I think it a common trait among those bearded brothers. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by tbaba1234: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2013
Not exactly true, that is just a stereotype... Some of my best friends have beards...All brothers should actually keep a beard.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by deols(f): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
bearded or not, we can all learn to smile at least. There is a lot your smiles can do smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

there is something else though. It appears Muslim young men would rather relate with the non Muslims of the opposite gender and vice versa. someone once told me that and then I had the experience like twice.

something like, brother Shakiru will joke with the faith in his class, will only speak with sister Maryam if dr is somfn serious 2 talk about. sister Maryam also has Mike as a friend and finds it easier having a good rapport with him.

is there something that makes having a good conversation with fellow muslims (of the opposite gender ) face to face hard?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by tbaba1234: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
grin grin

Well, there are men that are all happy and jovial with their inappropriately dressed secretaries but are all frowny at home... Both Brother Shakiru and sister maryam are wrong. It is an act of hypocrisy.

If we maintain the limits required of us, i.e having relevant conversations, not frivolous conversations or flirty conversations... Then it is fine. The problem is many people would have useless conversations with their non-muslim friends (from the opposite sex)... Conversations that they should not be having if they observed limits.

A person who is not observant of the limits will naturally find it easier to converse with a non-muslim...

On the other hand, there is another extreme, those who would not talk to any one from the opposite sex at all.

Islam is all about maintaining balance, cut out the frivolous stuff when having conversations with members of the opposite sex, muslim or non muslim. Be cordial but straight to the point. Some girls need to cut out the giggling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by olawalebabs(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
deols: bearded or not, we can all learn to smile at least. There is a lot your smiles can do smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

there is something else though. It appears Muslim young men would rather relate with the non Muslims of the opposite gender and vice versa. someone once told me that and then I had the experience like twice.

something like, brother Shakiru will joke with the faith in his class, will only speak with sister Maryam if dr is somfn serious 2 talk about. sister Maryam also has Mike as a friend and find it easier having a good rapport with him.

is there something that makes having a good conversation with fellow muslims (of the opposite gender ) face to face hard?
Absolutely right. consciously or unconsciously, we fall into it.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by deols(f): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
olawalebabs: Absolutely right. consciously or unconsciously, we fall into it.

explain better jare grin
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by olawalebabs(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
deols:

explain better jare grin
Maybe, we see the 'Sister Ghaniyat' and 'Bro Shakiru' as a wife and husby material, so we tend to relate with them with more respect as not to feel hurt, or should i say 'too decent' to 'joke' with.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by deols(f): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
olawalebabs: Maybe, we see the 'Sister Ghaniyat' and 'Bro Shakiru' as a wife and husby material, so we tend to relate with them with more respect as not to feel hurt, or should i say 'too decent' to 'joke' with.

and when sister Ghaniyat and bro shakiru marry each other, they continue to be too decent with each other and wont joke and play with each other.

Islam isnt totally against having to do with the other people. it sets limits, fine but a little sister, salam alaykum, how are you doing etc arent too bad among Muslims of different gender.

the other should not start seeing the salam alykum as a marriage proposal either grin this is probably where the problem lies.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by siddiq202(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234: hehehe...

I remember, i was walking down the road in Lagos once and i saw a brother with a beard from afar... I said to my self: i am going to give this bro salams when i get close...

Oh boy, when i got close, the frown was so scary that i couldn't even do it. It was terrible...

deols:

and when sister Ghaniyat and bro shakiru marry each other, they continue to be too decent with each other and wont joke and play with each other.

Islam isnt totally against having to do with the other people. it sets limits, fine but a little sister, salam alaykum, how are you doing etc arent too bad among Muslims of different gender.

the other should not start seeing the salam alykum as a marriage proposal either
grin this is probably where the problem lies.
grin grin grin grin

I will try saying salam aleykum to Muslims (both male and female) I don't know with a smile... I need to see how they will respond
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by olawalebabs(m): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
The salamu alaykun get me laughing. I can't imagine myself not being free with her. Why now? Why should I be?
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by deols(f): 8:15am On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: grin grin

Well, there are men that are all happy and jovial with their inappropriately dressed secretaries but are all frowny at home... Both Brother Shakiru and sister maryam are wrong. It is an act of hypocrisy.

If we maintain the limits required of us, i.e having relevant conversations, not frivolous conversations or flirty conversations... Then it is fine. The problem is many people would have useless conversations with their non-muslim friends (from the opposite sex)... Conversations that they should not be having if they observed limits.

A person who is not observant of the limits will naturally find it easier to converse with a non-muslim...

On the other hand, there is another extreme, those who would not talk to any one from the opposite sex at all.

Islam is all about maintaining balance, cut out the frivolous stuff when having conversations with members of the opposite sex, muslim or non muslim. Be cordial but straight to the point. Some girls need to cut out the giggling.

I didnt see this earlier. to cut out the giggling is funny. Some peeps are naturally giggly grin

Everyone should avoid the inappropriate conversations. May Allah help us.

anothet thing, some people back each other while talking. sister backs brother..I wonder if they have a reference to back it up..

or backing d lecturer in class while talking. I think lowering your gaze doesnt mean not having eye contacts.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
deols:

the other should not start seeing the salam alykum as a marriage proposal either grin this is probably where the problem lies.

I laugh in Pekinese.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by maclatunji: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
@topic, I typed something on this topic yesterday but it got lost no thanks to my dodgy phone. The truth is that there is need for balance. For someone like me who is very reclusive, I see exchanging pleasantries with someone I don't really want to relate with as opening the door to relating with them and experiencing things I don't want to experience. In general terms, I just keep to myself- if I like you enough and we flow together in terms of mindset and/or ideas, you see a different part of me; the relaxed, carefree, jovial side- be you male, female, Muslim or non-Muslim.

I am sure there are a lot of people who would think of me in real life if they ever read the opening post of this thread.I accept it is not ideal but I love being reclusive. As for spouses, I have a feeling my (future) wife is going to laugh a lot- I joke with people I am close with. Even when I am being firm, they will have to understand that it is out of principle and not malice.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Friends, I know that am off topic but I just want to give you guys a good laugh.... Mods pardon me!

A baby boy, akpors, was born in a state hospital laughing instead
of crying, the more the
nurses beat him, the more
he laughed so hard,
suddenly the doctor noticed he had something
in his hands, so he pulled
the tiny hands apart and
discovered he was holding
3 abortion pills.
Baby akpors then turned his head looking at his mother,
laughed again and said
"HAHA, NO WEAPON FASHIONED
AGAINST ME SHALL
PROSPER!"
In this month of march, no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper 2.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Sicozone(m): 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
HYPOCRISY IT IS WHEN MEN DO SUCH THINGS
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Sicozone(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
exxell: Friends, I know that am off topic but I just want to give you guys a good laugh.... Mods pardon me!

A baby boy, akpors, was born in a state hospital laughing instead
of crying, the more the
nurses beat him, the more
he laughed so hard,
suddenly the doctor noticed he had something
in his hands, so he pulled
the tiny hands apart and
discovered he was holding
3 abortion pills.
Baby akpors then turned his head looking at his mother,
laughed again and said
"HAHA, NO WEAPON FASHIONED
AGAINST ME SHALL
PROSPER!"
In this month of march, no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper 2.
You're such an IDIOT.....had it been a cracker or maybe recent,it would have been better........LUGRUBIOUS FOOL
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
Jarus: grin cheesy grin cheesy

What is making ye laugh so hard bro.?
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by gerrardomendes(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
so?
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by maclatunji: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
gerrardomendes: so?

That smiling all over the place. Like this grin
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
maclatunji:

What is making ye laugh so hard bro.?

Dem say make we dey laff grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by maclatunji: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Jarus:

Dem say make we dey laff grin cheesy grin cheesy

I see. cheesy Boys are not smiling.grin
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by JaaizTech: 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
zayhal: Please help us tell them o. Some brothers carry on as if smiling is a sin, even at home with their wives and children. I know a particular one that laughs and plays with his wife when they're alone together but once they're outside or they have a visitor in the house, his countenance suddenly changes and he wears that straight face. I wonder why.

Thanks for rekindling the sunnah. Shaitan often makes people go over-board; I once had a friend like that who felt being so serious and frowny implies dedication to the deen. I knew He was sufering from youthful exuberrance and little knowledge of the deen. Being cheerful is part of the deen.

Hadhrat Abu Dhar (رضى الله تعالى عنه) narrates that the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said:
“Don’t ever belittle any of your good deeds even though this may be meeting your brother with a cheerful countenance.” [Muslim]

y
However, one must behave with wisdom, if you are a lady you don't go around being too smily or cheerful to men (whom are not your mahram), because that is likely to send the wrong signal in this time we live in. May Allah have mercy on us and guide us

3 Likes

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by DMainMan: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
Gud post
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by mayor007(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: hehehe...

That thing dey always vex me ehn. Some of them got this condescending attitude like "you got no beards and your trouser is long".
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by mayor007(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
tbaba1234: grin grin

Some of those girls in hijab are so hypocritical. Always complaining about how muslim brothers are so so boring but they are always quick to chat with any sweet-talking christian.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Mustay(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^Some of us tend to fall into this 'better than you' feeling perhaps cos we got knowledge or maybe due to seeing outward behavior of an individual out of touch with the deen.

I do buy that point of some people getting too serious - I don't think it's just youthful exuberance, it cuts across. You know, when you are told this world or dunya is a temporary abode and place to strive for, it connotes 'serious mode activated'.

Maybe getting the balance between the prophet's (pbuh) warning against laughing unnecessarily and smiling being a sunnah is difficult for some.

Understanding traditions in perspective does pay here to curb excessiveness. Trivialties are best avoided in this 'jokes'.

As per the topic, some men still think it's unmanly to play, joke, gist or even communicate with their spouses. They forget their islamic responsibilities to the women they protect and nurture in the deen. If you create this very strict, mercy environment, the synergy between you and your wife will be master-slave.

1 Like

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by mayor007(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
deols:

Mhen, you need to see how some of these sisters misconstrue the intention of any brother trying to "salamo". I had to confront one of them that I am not interested in her or any of her friends so they can start replying my "salamo".

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers On The Day Of Judgement. / Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.