Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse (12057 Views)

Breastfeeding Adult: Advice To Ahlu Sunnah To Revive A "Lost Sunnah" / The Kind of Spouse Every Muslim Should Seek For / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Mustay(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
^^^Some of us tend to fall into this 'better than you' feeling perhaps cos we got knowledge or maybe due to seeing outward behavior of an individual out of touch with the deen.

I do buy that point of some people getting too serious - I don't think it's just youthful exuberance, it cuts across. You know, when you are told this world or dunya is a temporary abode and place to strive for, it connotes 'serious mode activated'.

Maybe getting the balance between the prophet's (pbuh) warning against laughing unnecessarily and smiling being a sunnah is difficult for some.

Understanding traditions in perspective does pay here to curb excessiveness. Trivialties are best avoided in this 'jokes'.

As per the topic, some men still think it's unmanly to play, joke, gist or even communicate with their spouses. They forget their islamic responsibilities to the women they protect and nurture in the deen. If you create this very strict, mercy environment, the synergy between you and your wife will be master-slave.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by numericalguy(m): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
There’s this Muslim lady in my PG class I used to say Salam to, there aren’t many Muslims in my class so its natural that I should accord her certain regard, after a while she just started acting up and forming a straight face whenever am around. I wasn’t interested in her or anything like that so reduced my communication and kept a distance.. I no fit do drama…
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Tarabye: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by OfficialAPCNig: 7:56am On Dec 01, 2019
So much confusion in one religion. They are even debating whether it is sunnah to laugh or not
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Newnas(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2019
tbaba1234:
hehehe...

I remember, i was walking down the road in Lagos once and i saw a brother with a beard from afar... I said to my self: i am going to give this bro salams when i get close...

Oh boy, when i got close, the frown was so scary that i couldn't even do it. It was terrible...

Smiling is a sunnah, guys...

You should have given your brother an excuse; perhaps he's troubled with serious issues, perhaps he's been overwhelmed with urban stress, perhaps he just didn't notice you, perhaps he is angry or sad at something.

So many reasons can make a person frown up. During my undergraduate days, many people used to accuse brothers of frowning and not responding to tesleem. But they forgot that these brothers are also students like them; they have bad days and times.

From exam and test results to financial issues and even family matters. And worse is that many of those will still find time to study religious texts and attend madrasah despite all the above.

So, there are many reasons why a brother might not smile at you. Don't be in a haste to judge them.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by Newnas(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2019
kemiola89:
^^^ I think it a common trait among those bearded brothers. Talking from experience.

Don't expect me to smile at you! Are you my wife ni or my mother or sister?

Go and meet your father to smile at you or your brother. Or better still, go and get married.

It isn't Sunnah for a man to smile at strange women and vice versa especially when both parties are youths. And it's even worse when both are unmarried or away from their spouse.

But if it's an elderly woman and a young boy and there's no fear of fitnah then there's nothing bad in smiling. Or if it's in group.
Re: It Is Sunnah To Laugh Play And Joke With Your Spouse by tbaba1234: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
Newnas:

You should have given your brother an excuse; perhaps he's troubled with serious issues, perhaps he's been overwhelmed with urban stress, perhaps he just didn't notice you, perhaps he is angry or sad at something.

So many reasons can make a person frown up. During my undergraduate days, many people used to accuse brothers of frowning and not responding to tesleem. But they forgot that these brothers are also students like them; they have bad days and times.

From exam and test results to financial issues and even family matters. And worse is that many of those will still find time to study religious texts and attend madrasah despite all the above.

So, there are many reasons why a brother might not smile at you. Don't be in a haste to judge them.

I am not judging the man.

The frown simply scared me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers On The Day Of Judgement. / Why Islam Prohibits Gambling / Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.