Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre (11584 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by fkaz(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2013
Anambra State Governor Peter Obi and Nigerian Ambassador to Spain, Mrs Bianca Ojukwu, yesterday in Owerri, the Imo State capital, condemned last week’s demolition of Ojukwu’s Memorial Library and Resource Centre.
The people behind the act are yet to be identified, but the leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, described the perpetrators as “anti-Igbo elements.”
Inspecting the damaged Centre, Governor Obi, who was accompanied by former Minister of Information, Prof. Dora Akunyili and other senior government officials, said he embarked on the inspection to have a firsthand assessment of the level of damage done to the multi billion naira edifice.
The Ojukwu Memorial Library and Resource Centre was built by Chief Uwazuruike in honour of the late Ikemba Nnewi, the late Chief Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.
Obi expressed shock when he was conducted round the damaged building.
He said: “I came to sympathise with the leader of MASSOB because this edifice is built in honour of our leader, the late Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.
“Anybody who decides to erect anything in the memory of Ojukwushould be respected. I assure you the renovation work will commence immediately.”
Also speaking yesterday Bianca Ojukwu said: “I was shocked whenChief Uwazuruike broke the news to me at about midnight on Saturday after we attended a burial ceremony together in Anambra State. It is most sad and shocking”.
She described the demolition as a sheer act of wickedness, sayingmembers of the public would have benefited greatly from the use of the library facilities.
“I am astonished that an Igbo man can be capable of such wickedness; to destroy something built in memory of a man the entire Igbo nation is so proud of,” she said.
Bianca said that the motives behind the dastardly act were still unclear and little could be done to those behind the destruction.
Speaking earlier, the visibly angry Chief Uwazuruike said that the incident was an act of sabotage, conceived and carried out by anti- Igbo elements that were not happy with the prominence and honour accorded the late Ojukwu. Uwazuruike, who declined from mentioning the names of those suspected to be behind the demolition, said: “We have an experienced engineer who is handling the project and I wonder why it should suddenly collapse.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/obi-bianca-condemn-demolition-of-ojukwu-centre/
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by seanet01: 7:27am On Feb 28, 2013
Who is ojukwu

1 Like

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Onyegecha(f): 7:37am On Feb 28, 2013
Was that a question or what? Are you from outer space? Why would a sensible human from Nigeria ask who Ojukwu is?

13 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2013
The two LADIES are not happy with this demolition.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by OurYansh: 7:43am On Feb 28, 2013
“I am astonished that an Igbo man can be capable of such wickedness"

Why are you astonished??

Didn't your husband lead 2million IGBOs to their early grave or maybe you weren't born at the time..

Didn't Peter Obi kill almost 40 IGBOs and dump their bodies in Ezu River??

Where were you when IGBOs use fellow IGBOs for rituals in Okija and their other shrines??

Are you blind to the fact that the South-East is‎​ now the Kidnap headquarters of Nigeria??

Didn't you hear about how ur brothers sold FAKE drugs and food to unsuspecting folks, some of who died as a result..

Why are you talking about the wickedness because a house built to honour ur husband was demolished by Rochas' thugs?? Why??

Pls ensure his grave is‎​ heavily guarded lest his corpse is‎​ kidnapped, and you will be asked to pay a heavy ransom to secure his release...

17 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by muktarl: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2013
Okorocha is the culprit
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Akshow: 8:10am On Feb 28, 2013
I'm sure this is Fashola's hand work. He is hell bent on victimizin Igbos even in their land. Lmao. Lets hear who they will blame now, since their stock in trade is to play the victim and whine all day lookin for someone to blame all their misfortune on

3 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2013
seanet01: Who is ojukwu

Oju-iku is a name of cowardice person,animal,place or thing.

6 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by braxjay(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2013

it is one old IGBO JUJU cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by MadCow1: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2013
IMO STATE!!!! shocked shocked

I blame Ibari Ogwa!! angry
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Sweetapple007(f): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Haba no picture of the most beautiful woman on earth wey no dey make mouth like omotola,jenevic. Pls i need pic of my lady bianca

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by MadCow1: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2013
Our Yansh:

Why are you astonished??

Didn't your husband lead 2million IGBOs to their early grave or maybe you weren't born at the time..

Where were you when IGBOs use fellow IGBOs for rituals in Okija and their other shrines??

Are you blind to the fact that the South-East is‎​ now the Kidnap headquarters of Nigeria??

Didn't you hear about how ur brothers sold FAKE drugs and food to unsuspecting folks, some of who died as a result..

Why are you talking about the wickedness because a house built to honour ur husband was demolished by Rochas' thugs?? Why??

Pls ensure his grave is‎​ heavily guarded lest his corpse is‎​ kidnapped, and you will be asked to pay a heavy ransom to secure his release...

Shey you dey seek attention!!

Now wey you dey prize our market, no Moderator go talk o!! When we decide to indulge you now, Mods go come start to ban people..

I am watching you!

11 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by ChyV(f): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2013

u are not existing in des world, I guess
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by tunjiajayi: 9:19am On Feb 28, 2013

Simple question this fella has asked. And the thing is he might not just know, instead of him getting an enlightening response, he gets all sorts of insults because of presumed sentiments.

Answer pls - who is ojukwu?
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by omarky(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2013
muktarl: Okorocha is the culprit

Broda, give us proof and not insinuations
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by olumaxi(m): 9:22am On Feb 28, 2013
C ao boiz deh para..i jst thank God dat d demolition took place in an igbo state..wat if it was in lagos/kano..it would av meant anoda thing
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2013
Our Yansh:

Why are you astonished??

Couldn't have said this better...,

Anti-Igbo elements?

Criminality is the key identifier of the Black Jews...
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by kkkp: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2013
tunjiajayi:

Simple question this fella has asked. And the thing is he might not just know, instead of him getting an enlightening response, he gets all sorts of insults because of presumed sentiments.

Answer pls - who is ojukwu?
You need to be placed on medication ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Bianca Condemn Demolition Of Ojukwu Centre by Ebestsmscom: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2013
What a bad act.
Those involved MUST pay for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Foreigners Suspected To Be Boko-Haram Members Arrested / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? / Political Parties, Others Want All Elections Held In 1 Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.