Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,006 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected (19304 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians / I Attend Training But Couldnt Find My Name On Allowance List.(inec ADHOC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by teadrake(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
Thunder strike the very man that rejected the bill in d first place.Are they under an illusion spell??In my own terminology,It will surely ease poverty level,Had it been a motion was raised in other to brace-up their wages or allowances.would they have rejected it?Why are we not thinking properly in this country?
The government is not doing enough and here some IDIOTS are backing them.The 4billion Mission house,Maina pension fraud,Farouk-Otedola scandal,Even Lawmaker Jumbo pay.God will punish the lawmaker that firstly rejected the bill.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by teadrake(m): 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
@All,Could they have rejected the bill if it was meant to boost up their own personal Allowances or something?of course not!What a country!!
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by eldoradoxx: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]Even in England, with all their checks and balances and their sophisticated gadgets, people still claim and work, how much more in gang-sta Naija, the legislative used their brains for once, did not know those guys have brains...................... undecided jokes apart it was a good decision[/size].
That is why I suggest a pragmatic approach that will remove fraudulent claims of social insurance/security benefit by tying it to an identifiable group _graduates finishing their service year. We must'nt the system in UK that encourages fraud and laziness. Instead of giving them monthly stipend like done in US and UK, give them bulk some to invest into any productive venture with a repayment period of 24months with degree certificate as collateral. Nigerians love certificate and nobody will bolt away with the money while his certificate is the government. Again, there is no business u set up that cannot repay N300k in 24 months. That is how to drive poverty and unemployment from Nigeria at little cost to govt.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by visita: 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Funniest thing is that they even get paid for sitting down to reject this bill in guise of allowance...heard they receive newspaper allowance worth millions of naira pls someone tell me its not true
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by lordkpakpando: 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
The betterment of dis country is still far
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Bamijoko1(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
Bawss1: Considering that the Nigerian system is riddled with corruption this proposed allowance was just fixing itself to be an avenue for waste and abuse of national funds by the intended beneficiaries and government officials. It is good that this bill was rejected.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tchikelue: 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is actually the time for youths to see how wicked the so called public servants are and how they PROTECT our interest. Time to rise up people. That is why they don't care whether there are jobs created or not because they owe us nothing.If only they make provision for paying unemployed graduates it will prompt them to always check what NDE and other related agencies are doing, when the budgetary provision for the payment keeps increasing that means that they are not doing enough, all things being equal.If they see unemployment as a challenge and liability and the payment as a waste of resources or bonus they will want to provide the jobs so you work for the money.By so doing that will be a check and an evaluation point that whenever they have an increased budgetary figure for payment and an increased rate of unemployment, there is no doubt that rate of creation is not adequate. Definitely, if there are no proper checks and balances, that will be an avenue for some to embezzle money. But come to think of it, whether you like it or yes they will still channel that money somewhere and embezzle it.We should wise up and think, our political system is too juicy for them nobody would want
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tchikelue: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
This is actually the time for youths to see how wicked the so called public servants are and how they PROTECT our interest. Time to rise up people. That is why they don't care whether there are jobs created or not because they owe us nothing.If only they make provision for paying unemployed graduates it will prompt them to always check what NDE and other related agencies are doing, when the budgetary provision for the payment keeps increasing that means that they are not doing enough, all things being equal.If they see unemployment as a challenge and liability and the payment as a waste of resources or bonus they will want to provide the jobs so you work for the money.By so doing that will be a check and an evaluation point that whenever they have an increased budgetary figure for payment and an increased rate of unemployment, there is no doubt that rate of creation is not adequate. Definitely, if there are no proper checks and balances, that will be an avenue for some to embezzle money. But come to think of it, whether you like it or yes they will still channel that money somewhere and embezzle it.We should wise up and think, our political system is too juicy for them nobody would want to resign no matter the pressure. Our so called political office holders are killing us.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by camelus: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nigeria the sixth producer of Crude in the World and if u ask me Unemployed Graduates deserve Social Security,Unemployment benefit/ allowance.Whatever name u call it or better still @ Point of passing out u will be credited with only 2 million naira start up any biz u wish to venture into.
Believe u me this is the only thing the Masses can gain from Govt cos they are not ready to create enabling enviroment for Industries which will absorb teeming Graduates let alone fixing the ailing economy.
My worries is that the Public Office holders will loot our money take it abroad and stash it there with the billions being idle there and adding no Value. Yet the Govt will wake up one day again borrow money from International Institutions to finance development Projects/programmes while they end up looting treasury again.
Imagine Nigeria as the largest Market in Africa what stops our Govt from Patnering with all these Multinational Coys like Toyota,Nokia,Samsung,HP etc to come to Nigeria build their Coys and export to other African Countries from Nigeria cos we have the cheap Labour likewise in China and India as this is another avenue to create more jobs without much ado.This quickly reminds me of Ajaokuta Steel which is needed for any serious Manufacturing Fabrication to take place in Nigeria then u now ask y our Govt has abandoned Ajaokuta Steel to its sorry state, I weep for My Country !
As i grew up I read my History,i found out that Bribery and corruption is one of the major causes that led to the first coup detat in Sixes yet today Corruption is increasing in geometric progression.After 53 yrs of Independence then u ask urself which way Nigeria?
I have said this b4 and am saying it again,the Masses can only save themselves in this our Country only thru "Mass Revolution" Operation occupy Nigeria that's our saving grace,Only time will tell.I rest ma Case !

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by lastpage: 4:18am On Mar 01, 2013
A hungry man, is an Angry Man!

These unemployed Youths needs to "do something about it" .....at least now you know "your enemy"!

In the U.K, U.S and the whole of Europe, Saudi Arabia and many countries that l know of, "Job-seeking Youths" (not some loafer o) are given small money to keep body and soul together. It keeps them alive and prevent them from being driven into crime due to hunger and abject poverty!

How come it did not create more problems in those countries, as alleged by Mr. legislator?

those scum.bags in the Legislature are only concerned about their own pockets!

Lastpage!
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by eduson33(m): 5:13am On Mar 01, 2013
i will take it to front page cus am the second to comment.

check it out...**on point##
lastpage: A hungry man, is an Angry Man!

These unemployed Youths needs to "do something about it" .....at least now you know "your enemy"!

In the U.K, U.S and the whole of Europe, Saudi Arabia and many countries that l know of, "Job-seeking Youths" (not some loafer o) are given small money to keep body and soul together. It keeps them alive and prevent them from being driven into crime due to hunger and abject poverty!

How come it did not create more problems in those countries, as alleged by Mr. legislator?

those scum.bags in the Legislature are only concerned about their own pockets!

Lastpage!
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Majoo: 7:34am On Mar 01, 2013
Pororo: Fools! another money squandering venture sad angry
NASS will never support that bill because once graduates unemployment reduced they will never much more THUGs to be used during their Election campaign so my fellow youths all this so call leaders they have no gud PLAN for us let make our stand UPRIGHT
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tchikelue: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2013
cv
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by stupor(m): 11:34am On Mar 01, 2013
This government has really failed us !

They are very greedy,devilish,wicked and selfish bunch.

What is wrong in giving aids in form of stipends to yound school leavers without jobs,and always ready to give any Terrrist band,like the Boko and Delta boys welfare package with monthly salaries worth billions of dollars and naira while cancelling welfare to helpless graduates !

Common stipend to its future citizens cannòt even pass thróugh the parliament's secònd reading and Faruk lawans,the Pensiòn's thief's case wòuld always pass all stages of the bill process.

What a shameful Nigerian parliament !

*crying fòr the country* sad !
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by emudiagaebbah: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Enoquin: May review consumer protection law

THE House of Representatives Wednesday rejected a bill, which sought to make provisions for monetary incentives for unemployed graduates in the country.

The proposed legislation, titled: “A Bill for an Act to amend the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) Act, Cap. N28 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, by creating specific functions and objectives for the Directorate to specifically cater for unemployed graduates of tertiary institutions,” failed to scale second reading when it was put to vote by the Speaker, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives has also endorsed a bill seeking to overhaul the Consumer Protection Council.

The bill, sponsored by Daniel Reyeneiju (PDP, Delta State), seeks to amend the Consumer Protection Council Act to modify its composition; widen the scope of its functions and powers so as to provide for a broader and more effective Council.

Sponsor of the bill, Arua Arunsi, had, during his submission on the floor, said the objective of the bill was to design implementation programmes to combat mass unemployment of graduates that are between the ages of 18 to 35 years and also between third to fifth year of post-graduation experience.

According to him, the bill also seeks to pay certain amount of allowances to the unemployed graduates in Nigeria.

But opponents of the proposed legislation pointed out that the provisions of the bill failed to meet critical criteria of filling gaps inherent in the existing laws it was seeking to amend.

A member, Ibrahim El sudi, noted that the bill had nothing new as a similar programme for unemployed graduates was already in existence at the NDE. He added: “There is a graduate attachment programme that does exactly what this bill is seeking.

“Even, a similar programme exists for non-graduates on the social aspect for unemployed non-graduates at the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NISTF).

What should happen is for the authorities to strengthen these programmes”.

Also, James Faleke said providing such monetary incentives could only compound the economic challenges facing the country.

According to him, since the Nigerian economy was not production-based, industrial revival efforts would be defeated. “Rather than turn our unemployed youths into lazy ones, government should channel the monthly stipends towards the revival of our industries”, he said.

The bill equally seeks to repeal the Consumer Protection Council Act and re-enact the Consumer Protection Agency Bill to provide for the establishment of an investigation unit; ensure effective civil action for damages and other unfair or deceptive practices”.
www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=11171

The weeping graduates.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by skyblaise(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
A member, Ibrahim El sudi, noted that the bill had nothing new as a similar programme for unemployed graduates was already in existence at the NDE. He added: “There is a graduate attachment programme that does exactly what this bill is seeking.

“Even, a similar programme exists for non-graduates on the social aspect for unemployed non-graduates at the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NISTF).

Abeg dis NDE and NISTF how many graduate don benefit from this programmes

What should happen is for the authorities to strengthen these programmes”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arewa Vs Ndigbo Novelty Match: Osinbajo To Honor Football Match / Buhari, Zulum Mourn 53 Slain Borno Farmers, Northern coalition scores Buhari Low / Seyi Makinde Asks For Licence To Buy Guns For Amotekun, Calls For State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.