Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected (19301 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians / I Attend Training But Couldnt Find My Name On Allowance List.(inec ADHOC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by churchillfrank(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2013
Evil men if its a bill to increase dia seating n woredrop allawance dey will move it, dia is a need for a demostration about dis issue.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by nenergy(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2013
Why am i not suprised!
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tellwsdom: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2013
Why are y'all crying??....is this not the same country you guys are proud of being a citizen some few months ago ?? ....#teamNigeria tongue
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Biggoozz: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2013
As good intentioned and thoughtful as the motion may be, here are why I am opposed to it, followed by my proposed alternative solution:

1. The nepotism and ghost benefactors syndrome will inflate the real cost, create another wahala and defeat the purpose.
2. This will not be alleviating as expected as it will not encourage self reliance, creativity and hard work.

Alternative:

1. Use same fund and build businesses that will develop the country better and recruit the unemployed applicants after due assessment to fill different positions based on capability, this will weed out unserious people among them. - I STRONGLY recommend they read the book "from third world to first"-Lee Kwan Yew(story of the Singapore success)

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by therapisteve(m): 10:00am On Feb 28, 2013
smh 4 my dulling country
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tobnical(m): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2013
D bone of contention here is if d programme is implemented, u wud b surprised dat bankers and government workers will be collecting d monthly stipends while d real un employed graduates would miss out. Dats Naija factor.
I thinks d best option now is d recent sure-p programme where graduates are attached to companies. Dat way only d unemployed wud benefit

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by babazz(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2013
What do you expect from a country that pays only those who lift up arms against the government of the day? This government is clueless and things will not change until the youths wake up and genuinely protest for their right to employment and demand accountability from the government! We can say enough is enough to bad leadership!

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by asidere(m): 10:04am On Feb 28, 2013
naija has enough money to cater 4 the unemployed but corruption will not allow this bill to work. I dont like the idea of paying graduates money rather i suggest graduates go and acquire skills that can make them productive to this country.lets create a forum where graduates can meet and rub minds,network and form partnership.lets create an interactive website for graduates.lets join forces together and make our lives better than relying on government.this partnership can lead to us setting up companies and employing other people.

2 Likes

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by simpleseyi: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2013
Ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh is a Hair Dresser, another ex-SpeakerBello Masari attented secondary school but according to him he did not write WAEC or NECO becos his parents could not afford it, yet another ex-Speaker Salisu Buhari, the first speaker in OBJ regime confessed in the Court that he forged University of Toronto Ccertificate.becos he was anxious to serve Nigeria. We dont even know if the current members pass through school at all or maybe the are graduates in the class of Patience Jonathan. what do you expect from such a mouse, em em sorry, I mean house.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by raeez(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2013
no money for unemployed graduates but there is money for ex militants na to go become militant na

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by HoneyPrincess(f): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2013
Wen will the prophecies of death in the Nigerian govt come? abeg I pray God reveals it to T.B Joshua so dat we can start celebrating, d wickedness in our govt is too much
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by opash82: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Useless people. Spend money on Ajaokuta steel and more areas where job will be created.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Mcleo007(m): 10:41am On Feb 28, 2013
Good move in my opinion.

Reason?
1. There are no fewer dn 200,000 unemployed graduates in Nigeria. How much will they be given and how will they determine when some of them eventually get employed. Plus offering money to them just because they aren't employed is a whole chunk of resource misappropriation.

2. If passed, the system would be hijacked by corrupt persons who would sabotage the funds and share among themselves. Look at pension in Nigeria!

What is needed is a reinvestment of the lot wasted on NYSC and seeing how it can be used to promote entrepreneurship among the graduates.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by DVanguard: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmmmm, if you read some of the comments on NL you will be sorry for Nigeria. Are this the future leaders.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by omenka(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2013
Guys don't get me wrong, I'm 100% pro youth empowerment, but I'm absolutely apprehensive about schemes like this given how government officials run things in this country. That said, I'm kinda glad it didn't sail through.

I believe if this had gone through, what Maina did with police pensions would have been small fry compared to what the result of an audit of the system wouldave produced after a couple of years.

People that died over decades ago wouldav been resurected Nigerian style and people's grand parents wouldave turned youths overnight!

Just my thoughts though.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by chucky234(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2013
Presently we have ghost workers receiving billions in salaries on a monthly basis,if this bill is allowed to be signed into law then we shall equally have millions of ghost graduates receiving monetary grants on a monthly basis.
The legislators got this absolutely right as its another evil pipe through which GEJ and co will siphoned our money into their bank accounts.
Evil agenda from evil looters, your plan has failed this time.
Idio:ts.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by amiskurie(m): 10:53am On Feb 28, 2013
Bawss1: Considering that the Nigerian system is riddled with corruption this proposed allowance was just fixing itself to be an avenue for waste and abuse of national funds by the intended beneficiaries and government officials. It is good that this bill was rejected.
agreed!when there is no figures for the employed and the unemployed,this will result to mismanagement of funds.our youth may also use the opportunity make fraud off it.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Andsonx(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2013
WAEC CANDIDATES.... Check in with your Gmail account and receive free updates straight to your email HERE.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by tshittuay: 10:56am On Feb 28, 2013
All the P's and C's are e-diots undecided[/quote]
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by adim2(m): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2013
Let's pass a bill to reduce our house rent in abuja. All in favour? Yesssssssssss. What about other states. Abeg forget them. We senators no dey live for other states jor.

The president must sign the bill into law, or we sign it ourselves. All in favour? Yesssssss. At least we will have our own loot.

Un employed graduates should be paid monthly allowance, all in favour? NOOOOOO. What do this children need money for. Abeg they should stop being lazy and go and look for jobs that are not even existing.

Even though i might have my doubt about the proper channelling of this funds if approved. But i will subscribe that such bill is passed. Come to think of it. The subsidy removal money that they said will benefit us, where are they? Have they not gone back to different purse? Other unaccounted funds looted by this individuals where are they? Still in their pocket. They should pass the bill. Even if na one month person collect from there, the person go know say him don chop gofament money. But on a serious note. If they pass the bill or not, this people still know where and how they eat nigerians fund. Why not even allow the poor masses test little of the soup, before you carry the soup pot away. Hmmm. This issue is just like the theory of "Τ̲̅ЂE SOUP POT"
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by positiveowo: 11:16am On Feb 28, 2013
lipsrsealed i'm nt suprised! If na same s*x marriage bill dem go wan pass am. Blessings of d Lord maket rich nd added no sorrow. God pass dem...na small small dem go dey die.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by badesco(m): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2013
I am not surprise that the so call House of looters rejected a reasonable bill for the unemployed graduateS, from that it shows THAT they Members do not havethe interest of Nigerian at heart but their own selfish interest. if it were to be a bill for their allowances, it will definitely go through without any hindrance. The Members are bunch of crooks and jesters that having nothing good for this country. SHAME TO THEM ALL..............
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by kennydee05(m): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2013
Na God go judge A̶̲̥̅♏.
Don't worry our God will supplly all our needs according to His richness in glory.
To D̶̲̥̅̊ unemployed D̶̲̥̅̊ God Almighty that created you hasn't forget you, He will surely provide one for you soonest just believe it.

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by Capnd143(m): 11:23am On Feb 28, 2013
i as a bonifide citizen of this country have the right to know why those legislative fools are not out of seat! "If the govt cut the cost used in running the govt by reducing the number of political offices by at least 45% then it will be absolutely feasible and possible to support all nigerian graduate with stipens(allowances/wages), there is gross repition of offices at both state and federal level, sometimes even the local level, the govt should cut the cost of running the Fg by instituting most political offices, and ministries at the only federal level, state govt should cut overhead cost, the money the govt saves from this could be used to divesify the economy and pay the grads. Bt the will never listen to us if we dont go out en mass. So i strongly support the move for #OCCUPYNIGERIA season 2.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by dangermouse(m): 11:25am On Feb 28, 2013
Wat is good for the ganda is equally good for the goose...share the money jare.hope the nxt bill will pass.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by baloafo: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2013
I'm not surprise with the outcome of their meeting. A yoruba adage will say (oga taa! Oga o taa! Owo alaru a pe.) Meaning..... If they pass d bill into law or not these set of looters will still find a way of doing their corrupt practice, so why not pass d bill for the unemployed graduates to have @least a token from the government before finally getting his/her own appointment from the government later. That's mine own opinion.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by motobid(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2013
Do we have d Azonto Progressives congress(APC) members in d house? No. When it comes to what wil benefit d poor, no party wil be there to fight 4 d poor. Poor people I pity una, but I know dat God wil one day rise on behalf of d poor in dis country n dis wil bring calamity over our oppressors.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by searay(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2013
ohuegbeair: A good mive,hopefully d money wud be channeled into d right industries and not their pocket industry .[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by kaeto(m): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2013
kels on point: If it is bill to build MANSON for the first lady it will be signed with immediate effect undecided
you are blind id.iot! You and your caravan of im.be.ciles who liked your comment are nothing but senseless zombies that have failed woefully to ask themselves the following questions; was it GEJ that rejected the bill? The thieves at the lower house that threw out the bill even without 2nd thought,what parties do they represent, are they made up pdp or apc or both. These are the same peeps some of you on this forum vehemently defend their looting course. You want apc, the messiah of the nigerian mess in power, as though that would make any difference. Where are the likes of tinubu, buhari, fashola etc. to defend the course of the poor masses, these guys are wolves who steal us blind, maim and rape the weak amongst us and are less concerned about how anyone feels. You will never see the likes of gbawe, bluetooth, dayokanu, eko ile, they won't come and defend the messianic apc. The truth of the matter is, apc is much a failure than pdp and there is just no difference between the thieving politicians that makes up the ranks of apc, all were former pdp goons!

1 Like

Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by eugene81: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2013
It would have been a good innovative but at the time an immense avenue to steal money.
Re: Bill On Allowance For Unemployed Graduates Rejected by eldoradoxx: 11:46am On Feb 28, 2013
I think that our legislators do not think through some critical decisions before rejecting or accepting same. Nigeria has all potentials to grow and develop only that sadly and painfully sadly I must say we are governed by people who have no business being in government because their minds are tabula rasa blank and bereft of idea that fits into 21st century world. Perhaps what the executive or legislator should be proposing is to look into Social Insurance Trust Fund and dedicate at least 2 percent of our crude oil earnings into this trust fund or even some percentage of subsidy re investment scheme money in creating interest free loans to all willing graduate passing out of service. During service year make it mandatory for them to attend at least 3month enterprenurship training in business of their choice and while passing out give those that apply for these loans say N300k to start a business with 2 years repayment schedule using there degree certificates as collateral. Imagine the qunatum of businesses that will be established and the impact in the labour market in terms of reduction of demand for white collar. Its very easy to do but we lack the corps of politicians who can sit down to think out good policies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Charge 3 IPOB Members To Court For Possession Of IPOB Flags / Police Dismiss 10 Officers In Lagos Over Murder, Corruption / Bola Tinubu Holds Meetings With US Ambassador And Northern Pentecostal Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.