Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,286 members, 7,957,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:44 PM

List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally (25361 Views)

A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians / Why Nigerian Software Firms Are Absent On The Global Map / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Phemmmy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Unfortunately none.
Does it mean our people are not intelligent enough?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by kabaka1: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
aasog1:

Exactly my thought. Gocybetix is a useless piece of software, with an ordinary task manager or system process software you can disable it, and have unlimited access to a computer. Seems Nigerian computer science students arent learning anything worthy in our unis. Another evidence of a USELESS educational system. What a country grin

How dem go learn sthg solid in computer science when our people don't have that culture of taking big risks like pouring millions of dollars 2 do research like western nation do, they can innovate and be competitive in the global tech market. We dont have 2 blame this on d govt oh cos in the west most of software/high-tech innovations came mostly from private investors who believed in their technologists who pitched their ideas to them b4 they invested.
We just have 2 change our culture here in naija. It's not that we don't have the human resource of people that can develop softwares that can be globally competitive, rather the main problem is that these people lack the financial support that will help to churn out softwares that can be globally appealing and competitive.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
How can we talk of software when there is no electricity. How many global companies does Nigeria have? We can't start building a house from the roof.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by kabaka1: 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
Phemmmy: Unfortunately none.
Does it mean our people are not intelligent enough?

I don't think so. One if d solution 2 this problem is that we have to change our culture in naija by emulation the western countries ie 2 be able to take monetary risks by investing huge amount if money(ie millions of $$$) in our quest to develop sophisticated softwares that can compete globally.
I know we have enough intelligent people in Nigeria that can develop these products. They just lack d much needed financial support to stat with.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Osyxcel(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
None! Blame it on poor research facilities....
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Bilabong(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
grin[color=#990000][/color]
dridowu: Where is SOFTWARE ?
is dis guy a learner?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by ronkeenuf(f): 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
"Software" remains same even when used in plural form.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Frostyzone(m): 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
aasog1:

Exactly my thought. Gocybetix is a useless piece of software, with an ordinary task manager or system process software you can disable it, and have unlimited access to a computer. Seems Nigerian computer science students arent learning anything worthy in our unis. Another evidence of a USELESS educational system. What a country grin

Calling you a mo.ron is like an insult to st.upid people.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by LeOstrich: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
how about e-corrupt

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Wisetalk1: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have been using a software called Internet download manager. I suspect its written by nigerians. Its a good solution for fast and steady internet download.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Mgbadike80: 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nigerians love big words like africas largest tv network, africa largest political party, now we have graduated global competing. What a self deceit. I can boldly say that 99% of nigerian university computer lecturers have never built a commercial software in their entire careers yet they go about appending phd and professor to their names. The student are not only totally deficient but are ignorant that they are deficient. I will rather study applied maths in a nigerian university than computer science. Mmadụ ana eji aka ya, aghori onwe ya? Ndi ara.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by dokunbam(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
reserved
financial AdmonBursary
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
How do you know they can't compete globally without adequate testing?? Just because a software looks alright and carries out certain functionalities, that doesn't mean it can compete globally... undecided
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
But Nigerian Church businesses are competing globally, you'll find them in every country on this planet very soon they will be on the Moon, Mars and other planets, this shows we've got talents too and it is about time we use these skills applied in making these Nigerian Church businesses to compete globally, in the field of software development, so that our software can compete globally too.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
I've seen a lot of bespoke software from Nigeria, and I doubt 99.999% of them can compete globally...

Nigeria isn't even there yet when it comes to website design, yet you think your software can compete globally... grin

Just take a quick look at all the most popular Nigerian websites and see how basic they look - and that's just website design(one of the most basic aspect of software design)... grin
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
None of those I have ever heard of. Probably they are not global. They are famous within the Nigerian environment.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by NaijaNaWaa: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
REMITA is more like an e payment solution. I'm not aware that any Nigerian software has made it beyond Nigeria enough to qualify as a global. One is in the making though. Watch this space...
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by edcode(f): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Financial: Rubikon Banking System from Neptune Software Plc. www.neptunesoftwareplc.com
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by isarumah(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
College dreams, an intersting educational software for outputing students results at ease
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by ukpeters: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
Domino Business Procure 1.0. See www.dominoinformation.net for more info
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Wise-talk:
I have been using a software called Internet download manager. I suspect its written by nigerians. Its a good solution for fast and steady internet download.
I'll slap your teeth if you don't shut it
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
shymexx: I've seen a lot of bespoke software from Nigeria, and I doubt 99.999% of them can compete globally...

Nigeria isn't even there yet when it comes to website design, yet you think your software can compete globally... grin

Just take a quick look at all the most popular Nigerian websites and see how basic they look - and that's just website design(one of the most basic aspect of software design)... grin
Webdesign? What makes you think so?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by logica(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
manny4life: HUMAN RESOURCES / PAYROLL: HumanManager and Remita - Powered by: Systemspecs

When I saw this, I knew this was a joke. This software may be the best in Nigeria or Africa perhaps, but when u say globally, where do u fit in the likes of ADP that's used in about 50 countries?
Lol.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by adeolajire(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
AutoReg: Automated Vehicle Registration designed & developed by Courteville Business Solutions PLC. Used in Nigeria & Sierra Leoene
AutoReg Inspector: An application that runs on any java enable mobile devices to verify motor vechile Insurance policies.
PSEAMS: Parents' School Educational Administration & Monitoring System.
Many more & still counting.....
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by manny4life(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
edcode: Financial: Rubikon Banking System from Neptune Software Plc. www.neptunesoftwareplc.com

But that isn't a Nigerian Company na, that is a global corp with an office in Lagos
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
anwar.h:
Here are some entries for your consideration. Most of the softwares listed below have both a standalone windows and a mobile version as well.

Cryptography/ Security: Enigma Email Security & Encryption System and its mobile version Enigma XIII.
Entertainment: CableNet TV (A standalone software for watching worldwide TV channels live.)
Cyber-security: Eagle #Shell.
Educational: A Rocket Modelling and Simulation System.
The two companies that developed these software applications are also at the very last stage of the Software Development Life Cycle (S.D.L.C) of a Nigerian Payment Gateway. I'm sure you will not fail to notice it when its out.
Only when we as Nigerians support local businesses by buying Made in Nigeria products from our Textile to Tablets could we then create the conditions for which those Nigerian Firms would be empowered to produce goods be it Software or otherwise that will compete in the global market, and perhaps at least dominate the continental one. Nolly W0od is a prime example of what can be achieved.
Buy Nigeria.

Is nollywood a success? Nigeria music I can understand but the movies do u call that a success? All that poor acting and weak story lines is what you call a success? So because we are the most populous country in africa and anything many nigerians buy (even if they are the moronns among us) easily becomes classified as popular, and you think that makes that an enduring success? Nollywood scripts are a shame to enlightened people

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by nnabuike1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mgbadike80: Nigerians love big words like africas largest tv network, africa largest political party, now we have graduated global competing. What a self deceit. I can boldly say that 99% of nigerian university computer lecturers have never built a commercial software in their entire careers yet they go about appending phd and professor to their names. The student are not only totally deficient but are ignorant that they are deficient. I will rather study applied maths in a nigerian university than computer science. Mmadụ ana eji aka ya, aghori onwe ya? Ndi ara.

Ufodu ndi mmadu na ji kwaa aka ha aghori onwe ha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers / Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? / Whats The Best Laptop For Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.