Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians (6738 Views)

BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers / List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by enohj2ee(m): 6:02am On May 13, 2009
The CEO of E-soft Solutions Ltd Blast Indian and Nigeria banks and software users for not patronising Locally made software, he stress that Nigerian Software developer can do what an indian man can do, He say this at the Banking & Payment Technologies West Africa, 2009 4-6 May 2009
Muson Centre Lagos, Nigeria

Topic: Indigenous software for the mobile phone: A tool for financial inclusion and digital payments
John Enoh, CEO, E-Soft Solutions, Nigeria,

source http://www.aitecafrica.com/event/view/13

see the young man here http://www.aitecafrica.com/user/view/John+Enoh
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 10:59am On May 15, 2009
There's no point in blasting them, all he needs to do is go out and prove himself on a global level, otherwise he will be seen as a paper tiger.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by DrLorenz1(m): 1:22pm On May 15, 2009
Well his 'portfolio' seems very impressive.

But i agree with you nolongTing there's no need blasting them. All he needs to do is prove himself globally and the rest should take care of itself.

But come o, nolongTing, don't you think we're talking to the same person? I mean the poster? grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 1:30pm On May 15, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

Well his 'portfolio' seems very impressive.

But i agree with you nolongTing there's no need blasting them. All he needs to do is prove himself globally and the rest should take care of itself.

But come o, nolongTing, don't you think we're talking to the same person? I mean the poster? grin

Dr. Lorenz! how are you? Yep! we are grin grin grin Its time to prove ourselves!
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by lordNebu(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2009
Man how do u proof urself on a global level when u cant even start at home, If our guy is to actually go and proof himself then he will have to move outside by the time he sells his idea to the locals there, then he will come back home now as an outsider and start selling his idea to us as an outsider by then his HQ will be outside , this will lead to the same crude oil senario, drill crude oil at home but import petrol from outside, so man the guy not only him but we all suppose blast our banks, and home based firms, Leave the indians they need to be arround to make the competition more interesting, atleast the indians started somewhere (which is home) before coming to naija and climbing the global ladder

2 Likes

Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 1:44pm On May 15, 2009
lord_Nebu:

Man how do u proof urself on a global level when u cant even start at home, If our guy is to actually go and proof himself then he will have to move outside by the time he sells his idea to the locals there, then he will come back home now as an outsider and start selling his idea to us as an outsider by then his HQ will be outside , this will lead to the same crude oil senario, drill crude oil at home but import petrol from outside, so man the guy not only him but we all suppose blast our banks, and home based firms, Leave the indians they need to be arround to make the competition more interesting, atleast the indians started somewhere (which is home) before coming to naija and climbing the global ladder

You have asked a question and answered it yourself, but there is one problem? Your answer is wrong! The indians did not start at home they learnt everything in the west (England, U.S), then took their skills back to India and developed the market their. Infact they are still learning in the west today.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 3:33pm On May 15, 2009
nolongTing:

You have asked a question and answered it yourself, but there is one problem? Your answer is wrong! The indians did not start at home they learnt everything in the west (England, U.S), then took their skills back to India and developed the market their. Infact they are still learning in the west today.

The content in bold refers, I disagree with the assertion because you do not have to learn about technology in the West.

Information is everywhere but the problem is that we do not invest in knowledge acquisition, we do not challenge ourselves enough to introduce new things, we are not daring enough to take up challenges that would help expand our knowledge or skill set even when the terrain is new.

Put differently, we should be honest enough to accept responsibility of what we know and what we don't know. We should be ready and willing to learn new things or better ways of doing what we currently know how to do.

The Japanese and the Asians in general are way far ahead in phone technology especially mobile phones when compared to the US but people would generally believe that the US is ahead in this area.

Knowledge is out there for any interested person to grab.

However, there is a world of difference between knowledge acquisition and application of that knowledge.

For example, I see no reason why our computer/software engineers cannot develop very useful software that could be used even in our businesses, schools or hospitals.

I see no reason why a lot of important inverters with poor charging algorithms should be flooding the Nigerian market when we have Electrical/Electronics students graduating from our universities every year.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 6:21pm On May 15, 2009
Afam:

The content in bold refers, I disagree with the assertion because you do not have to learn about technology in the West.

You are barking up the wrong tree, I merely stated a FACT, no more no less - you wrongly assumed that I said the west is superior and all Nigerians should learn from them.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 6:34pm On May 15, 2009
nolongTing:

You are barking up the wrong tree, I merely stated a FACT, no more no less - you wrongly assumed that I said the west is superior and all Nigerians should learn from them.

Could you please read and understand my post before jumping into conclusions based on misunderstood premises?

Your understanding of my assumption is to say the least wrong.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 6:57pm On May 15, 2009
Afam:

Could you please read and understand my post before jumping into conclusions based on misunderstood premises?

Your understanding of my assumption is to say the least wrong.

Oh paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese I have read your post you said: I disagree with the assertion because you do not have to learn about technology in the West.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 8:12pm On May 15, 2009
Sorry oo, it is obvious this is a comprehension limited problem. Take care. I understand how people feel when their positions are genuinely challenged as many of us usually believe that we know it all and have nothing to learn.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 8:27pm On May 15, 2009
Afam:

[size=18pt]Sorry oo, it is obvious this is a comprehension limited problem. [/size]Take care. I understand how people feel when their positions are genuinely challenged as many of us usually believe that we know it all and have nothing to learn.

The enlarged portion of your response applies to you, I always take care and I said you had the wrong end of the stick its for the whole world to see! Now read carefully: Nigerians are prominent in the west, for example I believe that if all Nigerians left England tomorrow their health service would collapse, I see Nigerian medical practitioners everywhere! You will find Nigerians in Ivy league universities and multinationals. So yes, we have all the potential now! we are as good as any nation when it comes to intellect and brains so we need to rise up and use our creativity and talent to overcome our problems. Hope thats clear now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 8:41pm On May 15, 2009
nolongTing:
So yes, we have all the potential now! we are as good as any nation when it comes to intellect and brains so we need to rise up and use our creativity and talent to overcome our problems. Hope thats clear now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Guy, it seems that you are consistently inconsistent. Why speaking from both sides of your mouth now?

Before you turn the issue into a personality issue I will not bother responding to your post if it does not add any value to the issue on board.

Enjoy the weekend.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 8:44pm On May 15, 2009
Afam:

Guy, it seems that you are consistently inconsistent. Why speaking from both sides of your mouth now?

Before you turn the issue into a personality issue I will not bother responding to your post if it does not add any value to the issue on board.

Enjoy the weekend.

Speaking from both sides? whose turning it into a personality issue? how immature! You are a sad loser, I have praised the skills and talent of Nigerians and you are not happy with that? You can go and spend another lonely weekend sobbing over the fact that you are a disenfranchised failure.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by mydevbox: 9:44am On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:
Your abusive response was really unwarranted

I mean no disrespect. But this same poster, posted not too long ago about a software package (Micro finance banking app). Anyone cares to know those who developed it? The very people he is blasting. It's  a tad absurd to me. While i do agree to some extent that these guyz are not exactly better, we need to rily grow. Some of us churn out rily crappy apps. I dont post here  often, but i perceive the presence of some code ninjas on this forum. To all those striving to make Nigeria  and our IT industry better, may their strength and courage greatly increase.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by DisGuy: 9:53am On May 16, 2009
enohj2ee, there's a typo on your CV-- He is an has many years experience in Java J2ee/J2me/ Java Cards
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 10:31am On May 16, 2009
mydevbox:

nolongTing:
Your abusive response was really unwarranted

Are you sure you are not Afam logging in as somebody else? Afam's post was abusive so I responded - 'every action has a reaction' so if you are not Afam mind your own business.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 10:39am On May 16, 2009
Dis Guy:

enohj2ee, there's a typo on your CV-- He is an has many years experience in Java J2ee/J2me/ Java Cards

eh,eh grin grin The truth is I could take that C.V apart but I will not discourage the man; my advice to enohj2ee is to provide links to all projects he has been involved with - a portfolio! And some references would do him a world of good. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by DisGuy: 11:02am On May 16, 2009
it's just a typo

but i understand what you are saying about the CV, I was thinking the same too, it's a bit too watery
sounds like an MC introducing you to the 'high table' with a list of this and that,

On the other hand nigerian software developers should not limit themselves to nigeria alone and should
watch out for partnership, at the end of the day the consumer wont care too much about the nationality of the software
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by MrCrackles(m): 11:10am On May 16, 2009
Topic

For me, he sounds like he his really bitter!

nolongTing:

There's no point in blasting them, all he needs to do is go out and prove himself on a global level, otherwise he's just a winging, paper tiger.

GBAM!
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 11:42am On May 16, 2009
Dis Guy:

it's just a typo

but i understand what you are saying about the CV, I was thinking the same too, it's a bit too watery
sounds like an MC introducing you to the 'high table' with a list of this and that,

On the other hand nigerian software developers should not limit themselves to nigeria alone and should
watch out for partnership, at the end of the day the consumer wont care too much about the nationality of the software

I agree, I develop software in England and my clients don't give a damn about my colour all they care about is professionally crafted code that meets their requirements.  In fact they do not like to outsource to India due to the fact that badly written software ends up costing more in the long run.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:

Are you sure you are not Afam logging in as somebody else? Afam's post was abusive so I responded - 'every action has a reaction' so if you are not Afam mind your own business.

Seems our friend here is getting excited over nothing.

In order not to allow the lie of this guy develop I will reproduce my response on the area I disagreed with and his response just in case there is a problem with memory here.

The indians did not start at home they learnt everything in the west (England, U.S), then took their skills back to India and developed the market their.

The quote above from nolongthing prompted my response below

Afam:

Information is everywhere but the problem is that we do not invest in knowledge acquisition, we do not challenge ourselves enough to introduce new things, we are not daring enough to take up challenges that would help expand our knowledge or skill set even when the terrain is new.

Put differently, we should be honest enough to accept responsibility of what we know and what we don't know. We should be ready and willing to learn new things or better ways of doing what we currently know how to do.

The Japanese and the Asians in general are way far ahead in phone technology especially mobile phones when compared to the US but people would generally believe that the US is ahead in this area.

Knowledge is out there for any interested person to grab.

However, there is a world of difference between knowledge acquisition and application of that knowledge.

For example, I see no reason why our computer/software engineers cannot develop very useful software that could be used even in our businesses, schools or hospitals.

I see no reason why a lot of important inverters with poor charging algorithms should be flooding the Nigerian market when we have Electrical/Electronics students graduating from our universities every year.

And the response that came after this was

nolongTing:

From experience I have come to realize that those who turn issues to personal attacks do so when they cannot defend their positions based on facts, logic and common sense and hope that diversion from the core issues would hide their ignorance or lack of knowledge on issues they choose to dabble into.

How can any reasonable person state that The indians did not start at home they learnt everything in the west (England, U.S)?

And the person goes on to state that this statement is a fact.

What fact exactly?

The good thing about a public forum is that it will afford you all the time in the world to make a fool of yourself as you cannot be both the judge and the jury at the same time.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 1:47pm On May 16, 2009
Afam:

Enjoy the weekend.

That was a short weekend! I told you, you was lonely, now you are back with cheeky, immature comments again.  You are trying to win the argument by all means heh heh heh! Don't be bitter, my advice to you is don't get mad get SMART!  Its weird how you claim to be logical and

1. You lost your temper when I said that you had the wrong assumption;
2. You said:  "How can any reasonable person state that The indians did not start at home they learnt everything in the west (England, U.S)?"
     What on earth confused you?  well, hundreds of thousands of Indians fill up the Universities in the West then they work for a few years and return to india to apply that knowledge.  The
     Indian government has created an enabling and conducive environment for these people to thrive. 
      So 'Mr Afam Logic'   =>   I.T Knowledge + Experience + Government Support = Development!  tongue                         (I hope he's still not confused guys  grin )

I have more skills and experience than you can ever dream of, believe me I have checked your site and in my circle you would be laughed out of existence.  You clearly lack any depth (Evident in your weak blogs with no comments from the WORLD) Are you going to tell me that Indians invented the first Computer? or please tell me one programming language invented by Indians? Name one Database technology invented by the Indians?  Name one major web design application invented by the Indians?  Like the Japanese the Indians have learnt from the west and applied it we Nigerians can do the same - end of the story.  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:

I have more skills and experience than you can ever dream of, believe me I have checked your site and in my circle you would be laughed out of existence

I get to read this from people once in a while but in reality people who brag this way have nothing to show. Unless you build the applications and hide them in your cupboard I feel the best way to demonstrate your skills or what you have done is to show it otherwise anyone can come here and claim that the owner of google pays him consultancy fees for the work being done at google.

The likes of google, yahoo, microsoft, youtube etc are available for the world to see. So, show the world what you have done and stop claiming to be an expert who develop applications on pubic discussion forums.

So, you can have all the skills and all the experience in the world the reality is that unless you can apply it where people can see it and use it you are will remain a non starter.

By the way your lame attempt at proving that I insulted you leaves much to be desired.

Why bring in comments from the middle of the exchanges and not at the beginning?

The issue remains how Nigerians can develop software or applications and your statement that the Indians learnt everything from the West (US and UK) remains my major point of disagreement and will remain so because the statement is not only a lie but ridiculous and plain stupid based on total ignorance.

Prove to anyone that the statement is correct, that is all you need to do.

Having Indians go to school in the West does not amount to the ridiculous claim you made that you cannot even defend.

So, I guess the issue in contention is clear but of course if introducing diversions and bringing up insults are your style then continue.

I don't know you and so have no reason to be against you or insult you but like you believe every action deserves a reaction, only this time you are not bold enough to appreciate who started making offensive comments on this thread.

I disagreed with the statement and the statement remains the core issue.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 2:20pm On May 16, 2009
Afam:

I get to read this from people once in a while but in reality people who brag this way have nothing to show. Unless you build the applications and hide them in your cupboard I feel the best way to demonstrate your skills or what you have done is to show it otherwise anyone can come here and claim that the owner of google pays him consultancy fees for the work being done at google.

The likes of google, yahoo, microsoft, youtube etc are available for the world to see. So, show the world what you have done and stop claiming to be an expert who develop applications on pubic discussion forums.

So, you can have all the skills and all the experience in the world the reality is that unless you can apply it where people can see it and use it you are will remain a non starter.

By the way your lame attempt at proving that I insulted you leaves much to be desired.

Why bring in comments from the middle of the exchanges and not at the beginning?

The issue remains how Nigerians can develop software or applications and your statement that the Indians learnt everything from the West (US and UK) remains my major point of disagreement and will remain so because the statement is not only a lie but ridiculous and plain stupid based on total ignorance.

Prove to anyone that the statement is correct, that is all you need to do.

Having Indians go to school in the West does not amount to the ridiculous claim you made that you cannot even defend.

So, I guess the issue in contention is clear but of course if introducing diversions and bringing up insults are your style then continue.

I don't know you and so have no reason to be against you or insult you but like you believe every action deserves a reaction, only this time you are not bold enough to appreciate who started making offensive comments on this thread.

I disagreed with the statement and the statement remains the core issue.

I will use this as an opportunity to advertise my services:  http://www.w3developer.co.uk/Default.aspx
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:

I will use this as an opportunity to advertise my services:  http://www.w3developer.co.uk/Default.aspx

Na wah ooo.

Just a few comments

1. This is 2009, you may need to update your copyright notice

2. Your contact page does not have a title (this is web design 101 issue)

3. You may need to provide links to the 5 websites displayed on the portfolio page

4. Contact page has no useful information that any serious minded person would need to know before committing funds for any project as the site owner can easily disappear after collecting money. In fact, serious organizations won't even come near you for projects based on this alone.

Consider the comments above as honest inputs to make you a better website designer.

In conclusion, human beings have a way of believing that whatever they do is better than others and such mindsets sometimes push them to praise themselves to high heavens and in the process dismiss others even when they are deficient in basic skills.

Now that you have showed us what you can do I will respectfully tell you to spend more time on learning web development than on bragging and insulting others.

NB: All the content above is based on the assumption that the website actually belongs to the person claiming the website as his. I did not see any reference to nolongTing on the website.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by mydevbox: 3:09pm On May 16, 2009
It appears the post has been taken out of context. The bulk of what has followed has just been claptraps.

@nolongTing
Thot u were some web design god or holy code ninja haven read your post on experience? For me nothing impressive about your web profile. All i see from you is sheer exhibition of hubris.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 3:30pm On May 16, 2009
Afam:

Na wah ooo.

Just a few comments
1. This is 2009, you may need to update your copyright notice

@Afam, now you're tone has changed! You have been knocked out with excellence! I
     In the U.K Copyrights are effective from the date the work was created did you not know that? Next you will be telling Disney to put 2009 for Mickey Mouse  grin grin grin grin grin

Afam:

2. Your contact page does not have a title (this is web design 101 issue)

You sound very desperate now

Afam:

3. You may need to provide links to the 5 websites displayed on the portfolio page

No, no, no because my work has been stolen in the past; I show my clients the FULL working version on my new MacBook Pro laptop, you have to understand that a fully functional E-Commerce site (Visual design + code + database design + testing ) can be worth tens of thousands of pounds (£), I know you have never experienced this that's why you ask such dumb questions.

Afam:

4. Contact page has no useful information that any serious minded person would need to know before committing funds for any project as the site owner can easily disappear after collecting money. In fact, serious organizations won't even come near you for projects based on this alone.

The primary purpose of a contact page is communication, my clients don't need any extra information - common sense   grin

Afam:

NB: All the content above is based on the assumption that the website actually belongs to the person claiming the website as his. I did not see any reference to nolongTing on the website.

Well Send an email through the contact page and I will display it here for the whole forum  grin grin grin grin  (He'll be asking for my picture next  )

Afam:

Consider the comments above as honest inputs to make you a better website designer.

In conclusion, human beings have a way of believing that whatever they do is better than others and such mindsets sometimes push them to praise themselves to high heavens and in the process dismiss others even when they are deficient in basic skills.

Now that you have showed us what you can do I will respectfully tell you to spend more time on learning web development than on bragging and insulting others.
Keep dreaming! I have forgotten more than you have learnt, what a joker!!!

mydevbox:

It appears the post has been taken out of context. The bulk of what has followed has just been claptraps.

@nolongTing
Thot u were some web design god or holy code ninja haven read your post on experience? For me nothing impressive about your web profile. All i see from you is sheer exhibition of hubris.

@mydevbo Do you think that your comments are within the context of this thread? lets see your work @mydevbox (  @mydevbox= @Afam ).

How sad, the words of a loser, @Afam, you shouldn't let your bitterness and jealousy show like that,  grin Now everyone on this thread can see you for what you are - bitter and childish, It would be too easy to spend the whole year criticising your web page but I don't have the time.  undecided undecided
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:

@Afam, now you're tone has changed! You have been knocked out with excellence!

Excellence indeed. Boy, if you spend just 5% of the time you spend on bragging on learning basic skills you will become a better web designer (note that I did not say anything about programming because from what I see on your website you cannot be associated with anything programming unless of course your programming jobs are in your cupboards).

nolongTing:

No, no, no because my work has been stolen in the past; I show my clients the FULL working version on my new MacBook Pro laptop

Your work has been stolen in the past? Wonderful. So, you travel to a place say US to show people (certainly not clients) full working version on a new laptop? There is a difference between prospective clients and clients.

nolongTing:

@mydevbo Do you think that your comments are within the context of this thread? lets see your work @mydevbox (  @mydevbox= @Afam ).

Ingenuity at its best. Our intelligent friend has just figured out that Afam and mydevbox are one and the same person. You keep making ridiculous claims and when challenged you begin to see ghosts and resort to insults.

You have a long way to go in web development and the sooner you realized this the better for you.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by toshacer: 4:29pm On May 16, 2009
Let him shut up, let his work speak for him.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 5:20pm On May 16, 2009
wink wink I can see what the problem is:  45 years old + making peanuts + no skills + jealous + no education = BITTER Agbaya! smiley smiley
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 5:45pm On May 16, 2009
nolongTing:

wink wink I can see what the problem is:  45 years old + making peanuts + no skills + jealous + no education = BITTER Agbaya! smiley smiley

Seems I touched something that is making this clown (Femi Akala) fume. Very soon you will begin to scam people if you continue like this. Learn, learn and practice. Web development no be for mouth.

One last advice. Pull that site down and start from the beginning. There are some tutorials on this forum that can help you get started the right way.

Good luck as you learn to develop websites the right way. Let me know when you are done.

If you had provided your website address earlier I wouldn't have bothered responding to some of your emails. Another web developer wannabe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Programming A Talent? / What PHP Cms/framework Do You Use And Why? / Algorithm For Solving Systems Of Linear Equations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.