Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally (25193 Views)

A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians / Why Nigerian Software Firms Are Absent On The Global Map / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by csharpjava(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'm trying to compile a list of Nigerian softwares that are competing globally, I need inputs from others to compile this list into the following categories:
UPDATED

GAMES: ***************
MOBILE APPS: Afrinolly(mobile entertainment app) - by: FCO Limited
SHOPPING CART:********
FINANCIAL: ************
PAYMENT GATEWAY: ****
HUMAN RESOURCES / PAYROLL: HumanManager and Remita - Powered by: Systemspecs
FORUM SOFTWARE: *******
CMS: *******************
CYBER CAFE: Gocybetix
EDUCATIONAL:************
ETC........

From the Moderator: Please do not be tempted to see this as an opportunity to advertise your software because i wont hesitate to ban you. Thanks for your understanding

3 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Seun(m): 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
Systemspecs HumanManager and Remita?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by csharpjava(m): 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Seun: Systemspecs HumanManager and Remita?

Good start Seun, lets keep the ball rolling!
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by AZeD1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
FCO Limited: Afrinolly(mobile entertainment app)
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by ghostofsparta(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAFE TICKET/BILLING SOFTWARE: GoCybertix
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by ghostofsparta(m): 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Please expatiate on the Remita s/w , what does it do? Is it like paypal ?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by fallguy(m): 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
by nigerian if u mean indigenous workforce and workplace some s/w wont make the list. Systemspecs wont.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by csharpjava(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
nlive: .
Do you have clients outside Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by MEILYN(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
non abeg....jst my own opinion oo abeg dont ban me
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Capnd143(m): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hmmm . . Let me check the name am coming
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Afam4eva(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
Most of these software compete locally and not globally. I don't know of any Nigerian software that has crossed Africa.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by nnabuike1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
By "Nigerian Softwares" I hope you mean, designed/built by Nigerians. From scratch and not some repackage job
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by morgist(m): 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Education: EDUERP

PAYMENT: EDUPAY

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by manny4life(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
HUMAN RESOURCES / PAYROLL: HumanManager and Remita - Powered by: Systemspecs

When I saw this, I knew this was a joke. This software may be the best in Nigeria or Africa perhaps, but when u say globally, where do u fit in the likes of ADP that's used in about 50 countries?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by bigfat04(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
[size=15pt]NONE OF HE ABOVE [/size]
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by dridowu: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
Where is SOFTWARE ?
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by bigx(m): 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Afrisoft's heavily cloned sms portal creator?

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Chanchit: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
soft ware ko, hard ware ni. The funny Op even warned people not to advertise their software, even the ones they are saying here never pass lagos.

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by otokx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
locally not globally.
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by kekakuz(m): 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
Remita do pay late. But em D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
otokx: locally not globally.

Exactly my thought. Gocybetix is a useless piece of software, with an ordinary task manager or system process software you can disable it, and have unlimited access to a computer. Seems Nigerian computer science students arent learning anything worthy in our unis. Another evidence of a USELESS educational system. What a country grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by oduz: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
e-tutor
O-Level Tuition & Tests
Being used in all Lagos & Osun Schools(Opon-Imo architecture)
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
Op should change the topic to " the best and upcoming local softwares".
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by antontech(m): 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
SMS PORTAL: Sms portal creator
PAYMENT GATEAWAY: Vouguepay
by Afrisoft interactive
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by rex2: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
mobile apps: akpos jokes
Re: List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally by anwarh(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Here are some entries for your consideration. Most of the softwares listed below have both a standalone windows and a mobile version as well.

Cryptography/ Security: Enigma Email Security & Encryption System and its mobile version Enigma XIII.
Entertainment: CableNet TV (A standalone software for watching worldwide TV channels live.)
Cyber-security: Eagle #Shell.
Educational: A Rocket Modelling and Simulation System.
The two companies that developed these software applications are also at the very last stage of the Software Development Life Cycle (S.D.L.C) of a Nigerian Payment Gateway. I'm sure you will not fail to notice it when its out.
Only when we as Nigerians support local businesses by buying Made in Nigeria products from our Textile to Tablets could we then create the conditions for which those Nigerian Firms would be empowered to produce goods be it Software or otherwise that will compete in the global market, and perhaps at least dominate the continental one. Nolly W0od is a prime example of what can be achieved.
Buy Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Financially Rewarding Areas In Programing. / How Do I Start Please / Why Do Self Taught Programmers Over Exaggerate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.