Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing (42157 Views)

Cv Writing! - Emphasis / Step-by-Step CV Writing for Entry Level (samples included) / Please Help Review this Cover Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by abbeyleee2013(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2013
Pls someone shd help me wth a standard CV and cover letter,I dnt trust de once am using again cos hv alwys nt rcve a gud response
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by FirstPrinciple(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by monomex: 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
@asamalat, I will appreciate if you could kindly help me with a copy of your cv so I can make some necessary correction in mine. Thanks a lot!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by monomex: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
@globechamp, thank you for your valuable contributions here. Please I wish to contact you privately, and as a result, I've sent a personal mail. Pls check and connect me. Thanks!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by 1forall: 1:21am On Jul 25, 2013
Do not post email addresses here.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by nekede11(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2013
Good
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Rhemmymatician(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
assalaamat: i've done that,so check ur mail right away!
Pls can I have it too? Pls!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by herboshedhe(f): 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
assalaamat: i've sent mine as an attachment to your mail box,so check it now!!!
Bro,please I wudnt mind too,I've been sending my cv for a while now,buh no response like that,kindly forward ur mail,so I can edit it to suit my profile too,thanks!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by abbeyleee2013(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pls I didn't c any person helped me wth any CV and cover letter since a week now,pls smeone shd kindly drop one to my inbox cos I don't trust de once am using again
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by franashi(f): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
globechamp: Good job @assalaamat and @adewasco

just to add a few cents

If it is possible and if permitted, it is preferable that you save your cv in pdf format. The reason why sometimes candidates dont get a response is that, your well prepared cv could appear messed up on the other side because of Microsoft office compatibility, fonts etc (some PCs dont have the font used for the cv and so will either distort the cv or wont open at all). While I agree that the standard presentation of a cv should be in Arial or Times New Roman, sometimes, some other fonts make could make your cv appear better and cleaner. That was when I changed my approach. When I used pdf, the CV will appear EXACTLY to the recruiter the way I prepared it.

Secondly, since last year, I have decided that my cv will never exceed 1 page. It took me weeks to summarize everything about myself to be able to fit into a single page. There are too many cvs to peruse, so what are the chances that the recruiter will scroll down. I decided to help them simplify their jobs. However, your 1 page CV MUST be ON POINT - neatly laid out, not cramped, and must give a concise summary of you background and your experience. Remember whatever you write must be relevant to the NEED of the recruiter.

What I shared above actually did improve the responses I have gotten since I decided to.
Remember, finding a job is a job in itself.

Let me stop here for now.

All the best guys
. Hello,I find ur suggestion and comment quite interesting.Pls kindly send me a copy of ur CV so I can use the format to suit my displine and a cover letter too. Thanks guy. I will be grateful if u can
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by vicksony(m): 6:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
hi bros ur contributions on how to prepare an eye catching CV is really interesting n useful. pls kindly forward it to me. thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by omilola(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
@globechamp pls i would lyk u to send me ur edited Cv n cover letter so as to use it to update mine
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by collinkz: 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pls can i have a copy of cover latter nd cv. Thankz a zillion
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Hemanwel(m): 4:18am On Jul 30, 2013
Bro,I wouldn't mind a copy too.Just send it to my email.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by courage54(m): 5:01am On Jul 30, 2013
Someone should pls help me with a good CV and cover letter for me to edit. thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by ibnbkr(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls can someone hlp me differentiate between CV and CV Resume
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by 1forall: 1:13am On Jul 31, 2013
CV (UK) = Resume (US/Canada)
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by ibnbkr(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2013
coolTianx bro coolTianx bro
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by zayjay: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2013
please kindly send me the cv and cover letter for
me to edith. jaji_z@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Tallest9(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
pls o...someone shud help me with a copy of his/her cv...dia r sme jobs i applied 4 online that i'm yet 2 get replies. I'm suspecting my cv is nt well written
odemele4sure@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
please anybody that has CV templates in MS word format should please share with me on my email osazone818@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance. You can delete your personal details and sensitive information from the CV before sending. Thanks again.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by kixo(m): 7:13am On Aug 21, 2013
Please, snd me a copy of a good cv @ op, my mail address is: kingehimi@gmail.com.
Tanks in anticipation
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by kemma002(f): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Bro pls I will also like to have a copy of ur cv,bin sending my CV to differrent companies haven't gotten any resposne..my email addy:nkemtessokoh@yahoo.com thanx for ur good work more blessing
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Sike(m): 7:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Someone should quickly please send me a format of a standard CV and Coverletter to Smilingheskay@gmail.com.
Please help a brother. Thanks!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Sike(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hi Guys, i really need y'all to clear my mind on some questions relating to the issue here.
NOTE: These questions is only based on when one is applying in person and not through emails.
1) Must a cover letter be hand written or printed like the CV?
2) How best can it be submitted? (i.e folded inside an envelop both CV and cover letter or just straight/plain).
The reason i asked these questions is solely because i have a couple of organisations and companies i was thinking of applying to randomly, perhaps i might get lucky as there's no prior advertisement for a vacancy. So i think getting a printed cover letter with different addresses will be very difficult... Thank you!
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Sunnepha(m): 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
U guys aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ doing a great Job here. Pls I need a
copy of a cover letter and cv letter send to
sundayfaniyi@gmail.com I will be very
grateful
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Polchiz(m): 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
Please, I will be glad if I can get a copy of a good cv and cover letter so that I update my own.
paulugwuchizoba@gmail.com.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by cliffordojie(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Plz am I young graduate serving presently to pass out june next year. Plz I will lik to hv I copy of cover letter n cv for to use to prepare my own. Cliffordojie@gmail.com.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Barbz4u101(m): 8:40am On Dec 12, 2013
Pls anyone with a template for a cv n cover letter. should pls Snd to barbz4u101@yahoo.com. Tanks
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
@ asamalat, pls i would like you to send me your edited Cv and cover letter so as to use it to update mine, thanks a lot. Here's my mail:Spazzy4real10@yahoo.com
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by phemygee(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
By the grace of God, •̸ϞƔ CV and cover letter attracted two differeNt jobs within the space of 2weeks aNd I am still looking forward t̶̲̅ợ̇ more. If you'll need •̸ϞƔ help, kindly mail itz4mesays@gmail.com with the subject CV and cover letter and will be forwarded t̶̲̅ợ̇ you in No time. But also have in mind that the way you cook your CV/Resume determines if you will be called or not.
Re: Ideas for Cover Letter & CV Writing by topygel: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2013
Please house, help me clear this issue of a cover lettter not having addresses and heading, I have seen some adverts several time asking us to forward our online application and CV via e-mail address, does it mean in this case, a cover letter should be sent or what?
Your contributions are needed ASAP. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Heritage Bank CV Submission October 2014 / Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / How Civil Servants In Nigeria Are Graded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.