Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Ghost-full - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost-full (38226 Views)

A Tour With A Ghost / Indian Ghost Stories / Ghost Writer Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost-full by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:40am On May 03, 2013
Damn scary
Re: Ghost-full by Jerry2i(m): 1:11am On May 04, 2013
This is real stuff,keep it rolling slick,you are the bomb-no be boko haram o.
Re: Ghost-full by luvmijeje(f): 12:37pm On May 04, 2013
Slickest wow!
Re: Ghost-full by haysal(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2013
The storyline z okay but itz not as SCARY as I expected
Re: Ghost-full by princesa(f): 3:09pm On May 05, 2013
my heart was racing whilst i was reading...is this even legal embarassed
Re: Ghost-full by Neduzze5(m): 7:35pm On May 05, 2013
fear don dey catch me ooh... might I be able to sleep this night?
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 7:59am On May 08, 2013
Comments from you guys gives turbo 2 ma elbow leadin 2ma wrist wit oxygen 2ma brain....tank u guys 4d encouragmnt.....wait til u see ma next story.........
Re: Ghost-full by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 08, 2013
Your next story? You're through with this one?
Re: Ghost-full by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 08, 2013
Slickest: Comments from you guys gives turbo 2 ma elbow leadin 2ma wrist wit oxygen 2ma brain....tank u guys 4d encouragmnt.....wait til u see ma next story.........
guy wats d meaning of ur next story? Shey ds one ya finish ni? Slick no follow us play o.
Re: Ghost-full by Neduzze5(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2013
Damex333: guy wats d meaning of ur next story? Shey ds one ya finish ni? Slick no follow us play o.

Lol.... Slick we go provoke oh!
Re: Ghost-full by princesa(f): 6:33pm On May 08, 2013
dis guy dey jones ussad
Re: Ghost-full by Neduzze5(m): 6:35pm On May 08, 2013
princesa: dis guy dey jones ussad

You no go go finish your own?
Re: Ghost-full by princesa(f): 7:01pm On May 08, 2013
Neduzze5:
You no go go finish your own?
grin grin
Re: Ghost-full by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
angry
Re: Ghost-full by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
princesa:
grin grin

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ghost-full by FoxyUltimate(m): 7:03pm On May 08, 2013
Br3nd4: angry

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ghost-full by princesa(f): 7:22pm On May 08, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

kiss kiss kiss
embarassed embarassed
Re: Ghost-full by FoxyUltimate(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2013
princesa:
embarassed embarassed

what ah do?
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2013
I definately wil conclude dis.....make ena no vex I no use u play....mk ena no provoke ooo!!!!!
Re: Ghost-full by frank317: 8:28am On May 09, 2013
i think the best thing is to stop visiting this tread, just to avoid heartbreak undecided
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 1:36am On May 10, 2013
Episode 15:

I stood up groping for a wall or an abutment to at least lean on to catch my breath, sweat trickled in to my eyes taking a fiery effect on them, I dropped the machete and reached for my wine handkerchief which at this time I could not tell what colour it was, I hauled it out of my back pocket and wiped my face. My nokia indicated a low battery with a blatant tone and I quickly squeezed it out of my pocket to prevent an attraction, I switched my profile to silent and heaved the phone with my trembling hands with the screen facing alee and its dim light beaming to a short range. I couldn't see what was ahead but was a little contented with it the light, I looked around as I walked randomly bending down as if the house was going to fall, skulls laid around the ground and people's clothes decorated the pipes the way they were hanged. I turned behind me and saw a long passage I believed would lead to an exit, I followed the only path the passage provided slowly and attentively, it did not appear I was getting close an exit because the sun rays was no where to be found. I was at the centre of the passage when I heard a whisper "HELP ME!!", it came from behind me and I wasn't apt going back, I ignored it and proceeded with thoughts of how long it took pastor building this.....since when has he been doing this??....the whisper came again louder and closer this time but was still behind me, I looked back with my breath trembling as my hand shook, the phone dropped and my only source of light vanished, my phone crashed to the ground with the back cover and the battery audibly dispersing from it, I went on my knees quickly and began groping the ground, I found the phone and continued my search in the direction the other parts were scattered, I picked the back cover somewhere near a rough wall and filled myself with the hope of finding my battery which is the main source. I was on the search for over ten minutes and got exhausted, I leaned on the rough wall and took a deep breath pushing my phone's power button in a comatose state......"HELP ME!!!! " the voice whispered again, I stood up quickly and intensified my search as I examined the crooked floor, my left hand pounced on my long lost battery while my right hand was on something cold..something fleshy and not smooth, it felt like human flesh... It felt like human feet, slowly I detached my hand from what ever it was, fixed the battery into the phone while I knelt down, I turned the phone on pointing its light ahead.........for real it was someone's feet,it was white and cracked standing in front of me, slowly I got off my knees with the light tracing upward the figure before me.....I was on my feet with my shaky hand pointing the phone to its face, it was a man...........a dead man......his eyes were still bleeding and his face cracked just like the rest of his body.....he whispered loudly again and was about raising his hand towards me but I didn't wait to see that. I sped off in the murk not minding if I would fall, I just wanted to get far away from all this but finding a way out of this caved underground was becoming futile. The speed rate at which I ran allowed me gush forth in to a dump of human bodies without control, I fell helplessly in to the bodies and rolled on them, I confirmed by flashing my nokia around me and saw myself in the midst of over a hundred dead bodies, the odour was so powerful it was capable of killing a child, I inhaled it without any choice being the only form of oxygen available. Suddenly I heard a deep voice from the corner of another passage, quickly I hid my phone and laid next to a body, I pretended like I was one of the dead bodies when multiple footsteps approached the dump, quickly I closed my eyes and placed a body for cover, I laid under a body on a pile of bodies "U no hear sortin?" a deep voice inquired abruptly while the other voice replied "I hear am", "go carry torsh come" one ordered the other, quickly I composed my shivering body and tried as much as possible to stay calm, I slightly opened my eyes to catch what was going on but my quick thinking told me my eyes would react to a flash light in this pitch murk there by blowing my cover, I closed my eyes and suddenly I could see the rays of the torch randomly move around with my eyes closed. This ones appeared to be alive but in charge of putting people to death," U sure say u don commot their eyes" one of them inquired "pata pata....evitin na hin I commot" the other replied confidently, I trembled with fear praying they don't scrutinise every body....my breath was beginning to break after every breath I took, I buried my head deeper in to the bodies without making a sound, I could no longer their lights flash aloft, I was lying next to a body's lips with my mouth gummed to its, its saliva was sticky and stinks like hell but dare not make a sound........I was there for a couple of minutes till silence prevailed, they were gone but to where was the question,"probably their route might be the only way out of here" I thought.

I withdrew my head a little from my dead neighbour and took a little peek out in the dusk,there was no light in the tunnel and also at its end, I pushed the body on top off me and reached for my phone," thank God I bought dis original battery from nnamdi,if not....." I thought, I stroked my mouth with my long sleeve shirt to take off the slimy saliva on my face. I stood up slowly trying as much as possible to keep it quiet, I faced the screen of my only source of light to another passage on right, the path had so much blood on the floor and walls and had doors on both sides, far ahead was a faint ray of light that looked so much like daylight, I didn't want to run so I wouldn't get noticed, so I tip toed past each door on both sides heading for the wooden door up ahead....my freedom stared at me but my joy was cut short when my battery made its final indication "battery low", the beep was loud and it called out the hefty men from the room behind me, they pointed the touch at me but I took to my heels......I ran to the door and fortunately it was opened, I could hear the steps of their feet as they ran to bolt me, I pushed the door wide open and had to climb my way up to the main ground , they followed me as they climbed after me, they were close to being giants, they looked castrated with so much energy and strength........I got to the top and dashed off in to the thick jungle,the ground was sloppy and really did not let me get my balance, I fell and rolled down the slope till I got to a levelled ground but they never gave up the chase, quickly I stood up and continued my dash, I jumped over stumbled trees, holes and soon came to the "river of stories"......river of stories was like a my th with the stories behind it....it was believed that many souls have drowned in that river even before the colonial masters came, they said their souls still roam around the river till this day,they said no boat had ever floated on it and any man who swam it dies......I never cared about the story at this time, I just dived in and swam almost 300meters to the other side of the jungle, the hefty men stood at the other side of the river staring at me, they believed the story that was why they stood back watching me, in no time they turned their backs and left.....I sat down to catch my breath on the low grass and soon rested my back, I felt prickles on my feet but it was really nothing serious..................I woke up and got on my feet quickly, I looked behind me where a vast jungle sat, I couldn't believe I was sleeping already. It was getting dark as looked at the setting sun in the sky, birds migrating made their sounds as they flew by, the jungle produced sounds of creatures it harboured, the darkness that beckoned in the thick forest as a result of the big trees obstructing the rays of light. I shook my head in disapproval of me going in to the jungle as if some one told me to, I sat down where I was waiting a little while so I'll swim back to the other side...........it was a little darker and the evening breeze was getting cooler bringing the waves of the cars speeding by on the express, I stood up in amazement thinking "ahh thank God !! am even close to the road", I moved a little but something strange from the water put me to halt.........the river wobbled from right to left and made a boiling sound like something was going to come out of it, I stood with my mouth opened with a little fear roaming around me as I watched what was happening to the river....suddenly, a female raised her head out of the water, her wet hair covered most part of her face, her nails were so long I saw it from where I stood, she slowly walked out of the river and I slowly stepped back towards the jungle with my eyes staring at the girl from the river, she had nothing on but her whole body was rotten, she raised her face and looked straight in to my eyes, her eyes were black with no iris and the structure of her face was a skull with strands of flesh, she raised her left hand and BEHOLD!................HUNDREDS came out of the river..................

5 Likes

Re: Ghost-full by repogirl(f): 8:51am On May 10, 2013
Slickest, why nao? Why do u revel in putting your readers in an uncomfortable situation. We know you are writing suspense o but you are adding more suspense to the already suspense filled story when you leave us hanging for days and sometimes weeks sef.

Abeg slickest, we know u are busy but this your story is interesting and seems to be getting deeper so please try to update more often.

A concerned reader.
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2013
repogirl: Slickest, why nao? Why do u revel in putting your readers in an uncomfortable situation. We know you are writing suspense o but you are adding more suspense to the already suspense filled story when you leave us hanging for days and sometimes weeks sef.

Abeg slickest, we know u are busy but this your story is interesting and seems to be getting deeper so please try to update more often.

A concerned reader.
Noted ma!!! I'll address the lapse......
Re: Ghost-full by abdulmaliq(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2013
Wow. Wow. Wow.... Slickest u rily tuk ur tym.... Am gettin scared bt still enjyin it....
This tym no excuse for suspense
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 11:57pm On May 11, 2013
Episode 16:

At this moment I did not know what to believe, the creatures creeping before me were real, some dressed ancient while others were unclad, they were horrible looking and fierce appearances in their eyes, they made scary sounds that submerged the noise from the jungle behind me, the moon lit the night bringing so much brightness to their fearful faces. I stood right where I was like I was waiting to fight them, but deep within me was a heart race going on, my legs shook signifying adrenaline pumping in to them, I was getting ready to take off (how miraculous the human anatomy can be, always ready when you need it no matter your state or circumstance.) in to the jungle I thought was a death trap but turned a place of refuge. I staggered back as I watched what ever they were dawdle out of the river of stories , they got closer and off I was in to the deep dark wilderness, I ran past trees and ant hills; then the thought of tarzan flashed my memory but it went off as thorns from trees and leaves of different species pierced through my dirty bloody long sleeves to my skin, I did not pay attention to the pricks because what was at hand was more serious than a mere pinch from thorns. I stopped for a while to catch my breath while holding a tree, I bent with my right hand on my right knee and breathe expeditiously, I stood up and held my waist leaning on the tree, I looked at the path I ran through and still heard voices from a distance, they got closer with their cries of discomfort......I was beginning to get hungry, seriously hungry.....I stood up and started walking forward at least I walked faster than they did and prayed they don't appear in front me because I had no energy left in me to run. I walked immeasurable distance in the jungle till I couldn't see any more, I felt empty and sat down again leaning behind a short tree, a banana tree.."BANANA!!!!" quickly I stood up and started plucking bunch by bunch and peeling one by one to chew , I kept eating till I started choking, I felt like uprooting the tree and taking it with me....I had an idea..... I unbuttoned my shirt and laid it on the ground, I arranged some bunches on the shirt and tied it up with the sleeves, I lifted it up with the sleeves and threw it on my back. I was a little relaxed with my new found meal for the unknown period of time I would be roaming the jungle. Now it was dark and the hoot of the owls from the trees made continuous sounds, by this time I could hear the noise of the populace from the river of stories no more, other sounds from the animals of the dark was giving me a little scare, the leaves on the trees scratched as the wind blew, I looked up in the sky but the cover from the shades of the trees made it impossible, it hindered the reflection of the moon to the jungle, the murk was at its peak stopping me from continuing my walk, I halted and sat under a tree to rest my case on that note. I dozed off in no time and snapped out of my short nightmare, I decided to keep watch till dawn so I don't wake up dead, it was an idea I couldn't act on, my eyes were so heavy holding them opened was like an impossible task......... I woke up in the middle of pastors living room with the women that scared the hell out of me both holding babies that appeared lifeless,their intestines still dripping and sweeping the ground, they were both backing me crying bitterly, "HE KiLLeD our babies" they both lamented as they kept crying as the they turned facing me with blood dropping as tears from their sockets, I did not feel pity because fear had already occupied the larger part of me, I moved to the passage located on my left where the darkness still prevailed but I still managed to see through, I saw a kid hitting his head on the wall with murmuring sound as he continuously bled from every hit, I got closer to him and he suddenly faced me.......his eyes was missing which was becoming an identity far them all, his head bled as he opened his mouth to ask if I saw his mother, I stealthily walked past him and faced the pastors room. I walked slowly to his room in which the door was opened in a familiar way, I thrusted the door forward and it made a rickety sound, I took a step in to the room followed by another, the pastor was seated on a wooden chair facing the window but his back facing me, I called out to be but there was silence as a response, I got nearer to him and tapped him on the shoulder but he just moved to the pressure of my touch, I decided to obstruct what ever he was viewing outside the window, I moved in front of him but the scene of pastors eyes being plucked out and his nose appeared forcefully removed, his lips appeared like they they were torn off with a plier, his teeth was wide opened and painted in his own blood, I was holding the curtain as I wept for the pastor imagining the pain he must have gone through....suddenly he stood up and pounced on me.......I bestirred from my short nightmare as I opened my eyes to see a light reflecting from my left and very close to me, I felt someone's warm breath on my cheek meaning some thing or some one was staring at me.......gradually I turned my neck to a left direction.......and there he was staring at me.............

Sorry for the short update but that's just what there is for episode 16.......watch out for 17......

2 Likes

Re: Ghost-full by DoctorShroud(m): 5:09pm On May 12, 2013
Wow! We'll watch out, till our eyes bleed.
Re: Ghost-full by princesa(f): 7:38pm On May 12, 2013
when did the scene move from Yaba left to this present place. i can't piece. plus who is telling this story, is it the main character or the mad friend that he met in Yaba mental home
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 12:03am On May 13, 2013
Its richard oo....d main character's ward mate grin grin grin
Re: Ghost-full by Slickest(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2013
Episode 17:

The stick he held made a continuous cracking noise as a result of the fire burning at the tip, he held it at the bottom with the fumes floating in to the atmosphere,the light glowing from the burning stick contrasted his face; his lips were apart exposing his rotten and incomplete teeth as he widened his mouth representing a smile to create a good,warm and friendly first impression. He had a line cut across his face from his nose bridge down to his cheek, it looked like a mark gotten from an accident, his left hand holding the burning stick shook and appeared feeble showing he was extremely old, his skin was wrinkled like a paper held by a one year old toddler...."Come with me if you want to live..." He said in his soft quivering voice as he stretched his shaky right hand towards me, I heard the familiar voices of the spirits from the river of stories and looked behind me immediately my pinna picked the waves, it was for sure they had been on their way while I as taking my short rest, they moved each step towards me as I looked at the old man and nodded in approval to want to the idea he brought, I stood up and walked behind the old man as he also toddled like he was just learning to walk, they were soon catching up with us and his speed was not helping, quickly I moved closer to him and picked him up by the waist,I put him on my shoulder and grabbed his burning touch, " watch my boooones son" He said in his rickety voice, I couldn't run with him on my shoulder but I was sure faster than he was, he had a lot of weight for an elderly man but that did not slow me down; my weight lifting days were beginning to pay off after all...."Just head straight son" he shouted, I hurried for minutes but was soon tired, "get off ma back old man" I said breathing heavily as I knelt down so he could get off easily, I laid on the grass with my face up in the skies; I could see the skies now , we were sort of away from the jungle.....I closed my eyes as I laid down recalling I forgot my bunches of banana, I sat up and saw some sticks already burning not far from me, I saw the old man throw away the incinerated stick and sat beside the fire he made in seconds, he had a smiling face on and said "hope you are strong enough to come get warm son?.." He asked in his british accent, it sounded strange but at the same time amazing, I have never heard someone with a british accent before except in the movies. I sat close to the fire and expressed a face exhibiting no feeling at all, "what are you doing here old man?" I asked like I was his protector, he smiled and said " destiny is a strong path to walk, but I chose it" he replied, I did not understand but pretended to....he looked at me and said " why are you rejecting a gift son?" , I stared at him....."What gift?" I replied, "your wisdom is still young, you still answer questions with questions....." He said as he stood up and dawdled to his left, he picked up a stone and gently threw at me, I caught it and asked what I was supposed to use it for, "walk to that tree and throw it to a branch..." He said, I asked why and he sat down and yawned, "wisdom is all about obedience and less questions" he replied....I dropped the stone and picked up a short stick laying beside me, I waved it in the fire and said "are you sure they won't come after us", "no they can't , limits is what makes this world exist" he replied, "what are they?" I asked, "you must have heard the story they told you was a myth, glad you have seen for your self" he replied....."Son!! Some people do say things exists because we believe in them, while some exists even if we don't ....it is the fear of taking responsibilities that brings about our disbelieve because reality stares in the eye...its like not believing in your self,it means your existence will be vain, running is never a position or a state to learn and listen, walking is just for listening but killing your fear and waiting to listen is the only time you'll hear the depth and meaning of every word" he smiled as he spoke slowly....None of his words made any sense to me but I kept them at the back of my head, I kept looking at him and had many questions to ask but his answers were arced......Moments passed and we were already in dead of the night, the old man's presence brought me a feel of protection and comfort, a sense of belonging even if we were not conversing the way we should, I liked him already and that smile on his face still lingers till today. He looked at me and said "son!! We need to go.." as he stood and took his bending position, "but am hungry" I replied, "I gave you a stone to get your meal, I made you fire to cook your meal......things are always in place for us to make use....nothing happens by accident, the reason is what makes it a mystery.... So son we have to go, the squirrel will not wait to be a meal and the fire will not burn forever.." He said, at this time the little camp fire was already cooling off, I could still hold the hunger till daybreak so I followed him as we both walked towards the open field.

"Where are we going?.." I asked as we tilted from the open fields back in to the jungle, " do u want to die here son?" He replied...."Now whose answering with questions, huh!" I said smiling behind him...."Two wrongs don't make a right but two odds makes it even.." He replied laughing.. I got angry but couldn't do anything about it, "for I'm mind now I'm dey spit wise words" I said in the depth of my heart. We walked the jungle till we got to the river of stories once again, this time there was a boat waiting at the shore, the man paddling sat facing his destination which is at the other side of the jungle, the old man asked us to get on the boat before anything funny happened, my heart while on the boat was banging I thought the world could hear it. The boat paddler never said a word nor looked back till we got to the other side of the river, I told the old man about my ordeal on this side of the jungle, I narrated how I was almost killed and how it landed me on that part of the jungle, "then we need to leave this place as soon as possible" he said as he moved his shaky legs fast, I smiled and looked behind me but the boat man was gone, "the boat is gone! How would you find your way back?" I asked, "let's get you out of here first" he replied, "why don't you come with me? You can't stay there alone, ur too old for all these..". I lamented,"son, u still haven't learnt, you just can't read the lines" he looked at me as he smiled. We climbed the sloppy grounds as silent as we could not to attract the hefty men and moreover I could not even point out where the underground was so being careful was the only available option , we got close to the road but the old man said he couldn't proceed, "my back aches ...I need to rest here" he pleaded, I accepted and stood beside him, he sat down leaning his back on a tree, I also sat beside him doing the same....."U know son, somethings happen to us and all we do is ask the question why me..instead of we being proactive we spend most times asking questions.."He said, I heard what he said but I was already dozing off, "y..y...yess ...yess ...you are right" I said as I scratched my exposed arms, I was wearing my white vest which happened to be my favourite, it was stained with different substances and colour.
"Its the priest's grand son...I know him very well", "is he dead?.".....those were part of the mutters I heard deep in my sleep, cars sped off on the highway I felt people's foot steps all around me, I slowly opened my eyes and saw it was dawn, the sun had risen, few people surrounded me with no one making an attempt to touch me, quickly I stood up and looked behind me where I and the old man rested a little........he was gone...I looked amidst the people gathered but he wasn't among them, he was gone....all I could see from where I stood was the stone he gave to me to kill my meal..............

3 Likes

Re: Ghost-full by frank317: 8:19pm On May 13, 2013
i will take my time to read this and comment later... i wish u paragraph ur work.. it would have made and easy read especially when u have a long post as this. reading is on its own stressful, u have to give ur readers reason to embark on this stressful activity... starting with paragraphing.
Re: Ghost-full by FoxyVista(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2013
I don comment na... Come continue...
Re: Ghost-full by SirNooz(m): 4:45pm On May 15, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Today / BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe / Along He Came.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.