Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? (31939 Views)

New ATM/POS Charges On Gtbank Mastercard In America / Pls Can I Make Use Of My GT Bank Naira Mastercard In Nairobi / Anyone Travelled To The UK Without B.T.A But Just Gtb Mastercard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Mamacita007(f): 4:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Has anybody tried to withdraw large sum of money from their GTB naira mastercard in the US? if not do you know a cheap way of sending money to the US from naija becos the last time i received money through GTB to my american account they charged us over $40 commission just for a small amount & i still paid the bank another $25. if they deposit the money in my GTB account in naija can i use my card to cash it? Thanks
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by sndrmrtns: 4:43am On Mar 01, 2013
Mamacita007: Has anybody tried to withdraw large sum of money from their GTB Mastercard in the US? If not do you know a cheap way of sending money to the US from naija becos the last time i received money through GTB to my american account they charged us $40 commission just for a small amount and i still paid the bank another $15 over here. if they deposit the money in my GTB account in naija can i use my card to cash it here? Thanks.
You can use your GTB mastercard to withdraw in US .

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by fittty(m): 7:27am On Mar 01, 2013
Yes you can use it anywhere. Its a debit master card

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Mamacita007(f): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2013
fittty: Yes you can use it anywhere. Its a debit master card

ok thanks i just hope its works becos once they put the money in my GTB account & im not there in naija that means my money is stuck there in that account. my sister is even saying dat its over $150 commision that they charged her. From $1150 the last time i ended up with only $950
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by fittty(m): 9:30am On Mar 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

ok thanks i just hope its works becos once they put the money in my GTB account and im not there in naija that means my money is stuck there in that account. my sister is even saying dat its over $150 commision that they charged her. From $1150 the last time i ended up with only $950

It definetly would work but why would they charge u $150? For what? U should only be charged N1,000 per withdrawal from abroad
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mamacita007: Has anybody tried to withdraw large sum of money from their GTB naira mastercard in the US? If not do you know a cheap way of sending money to the US from naija becos the last time i received money through GTB to my american account they charged us over $40 commission just for a small amount and i still paid the bank another $25 over here. if they deposit the money in my GTB account in naija can i use my card to cash it here? Thanks.

ATM withdrawal or Bank wire is a no-no for me cos the charges are ridiculous! Cheapest way is to do Walmart cashback grin Use Self Checkout and make multiple transactions, getting cashback each time. Downside is that you can only get a max of $100 per transaction so you need to do alot of transactions depending on how much you want to get. I easily "withdraw" $1000+ from one shopping session by checking out each item individually while collecting $100 cashback for that transaction grin. The only charge you would incur is the usual N100 per transaction (as if you were withdrawing the money from another bank's ATM in Naija).

But wait a minute, do you know you can swipe the GTB card for any card payment you will normally make with a US card? I do groceries and other shopping, pay rent/utilities, fees, etc with the card so why carry cash?

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Mamacita007(f): 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
webstradamus: ATM withdrawal or Bank wire is a no-no for me cos the charges are ridiculous! Cheapest way is to do Walmart cashback grin Use Self Checkout and make multiple transactions, getting cashback each time. Downside is that you can only get a max of $100 per transaction so you need to do alot of transactions depending on how much you want to get. I easily "withdraw" $1000+ from one shopping session by checking out each item individually while collecting $100 cashback for that transaction grin. The only charge you would incur is the usual N100 per transaction (as if you were withdrawing the money from another bank's ATM in Naija).

But wait a minute, do you know you can swipe the GTB card for any card payment you will normally make with a US card? I do groceries and other shopping, pay rent/utilities, fees, etc with the card so why carry cash?

lloolll i like this your idea of withdrawing money without fees. can i withdraw as much as $1000 in one day becos im expecting a large sum of money to pay for something. God bless
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mamacita007:

lloolll i like this your idea of withdrawing money without fees. can i withdraw as much as $1000 in one day becos im expecting a large sum of money to pay for something. God bless
It is risky using ATM to withdraw large amount of money... "Becareful"

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Yvete(f): 3:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Wow Webstradamus, say you want $3,000, you will purchase 30 cereals seperately to get $3000 cashback with 30 receipts? grin grin

The best time to utilize this strategy at Walmart is in the day because those self-checkout lines are soooo long at night. My fear is that she may not even be able to get cash off the ATM with the "orange card" Lolz, but Walmart it is!

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
Mamacita007:

Sure ... just buy at least 10 items. Checkout one item at a time and collect $100 cash back per transaction. If the cash gets exhausted in any particular machine, move on to the next! No look person face O! You are not committing any crime. It's your money grin

4 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yvete: Wow Webstradamus, say you want $3,000, you will purchase 30 cereals seperately to get $3000 cashback with 30 receipts? grin grin

The best time to utilize this strategy at Walmart is in the day because those self-checkout lines are soooo long at night. My fear is that she may not even be able to get cash off the ATM with the "orange card" Lolz, but Walmart it is!

If you need $3K, then 30 cereals (or whatever you need) it is grin Well, I never got to the level of 3k but a friend once got $3500 cash back in one day! He had to checkout 35 items individually not giving a damn about who ever was waiting on the line behind him ... imagine that! My "SendLessNess" no reach that one sha. And you're right about the best time to do this, Walmart is quieter in the day.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Hotstepper(f): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2013
I used it a lot to withdraw money nd u get only charged 1k naira anytime u withdraw but no charges when you swipe at stores. Good luck
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by demmiereal: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
webstradamus:

If you need $3K, then 30 cereals (or whatever you need) it is grin Well, I never got to the level of 3k but a friend once got $3500 cash back in one day! He had to checkout 35 items individually not giving a damn about who ever was waiting on the line behind him ... imagine that! My "SendLessNess" no reach that one sha. And you're right about the best time to do this, Walmart is quieter in the day.

This is really nice. But does the money has to be deposited in the GTB Naira account or Dollar account?
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
demmiereal:

This is really nice. But does the money has to be deposited in the GTB Naira account or Dollar account?

GTB Naira Account
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by demmiereal: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
webstradamus:

GTB Naira Account
webstradamus:

webstradamus:

GTB Naira Account

Please is the Walmart cash back a promo? Is it gonna end someday soon?
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Yvete(f): 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
demmiereal: Please is the Walmart cash back a promo? Is it gonna end someday soon?

Naaa its not. Some stores and Post-offices give cash back as well.
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by africanchilds: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Register for Gt dollar MasterCard.
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Godson201333(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2013
yes and they will charge you 10 dollars ,GTB naira master card works anywhere in the world..
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Spambot: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello everyone!
I want to ask... I have a dollar account with GTBank, my question is: am soon relocating abroad, since there isn't a GTBank where am going, how will i be able to withdraw money from my dollar account there? Is it with atm(dollar mastercard) or with the bank account i will open when i get there?

Please anyone with a helping answer should help me out.
Thanks.
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
Spambot: Hello everyone!
I want to ask... I have a dollar account with GTBank, my question is: am soon relocating abroad, since there isn't a GTBank where am going, how will i be able to withdraw money from my dollar account there? Is it with atm(dollar mastercard) or with the bank account i will open when i get there?

Thanks.
It is very simple as you can withdraw in two ways which are:
1: You can apply for visa card from GT bank which you can use to withdraw from any international ATM directly from your Dollar account
or
2: You go to any GT Bank branch close to you and tell them to create internet banking account for you after which, you will acquire a Token from GT Bank with #3000 and when Money enter your dollar account. You log into your internet banking account and click FX SALE. Your dollar will be converted to Naira instantly and you can use your Naira master card to withdraw from the international ATM
I hope you got the point?

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Mamacita007(f): 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
Spambot: Hello everyone!

Thanks.

i've been withdrawing money with my gtb naira account without problems except that they charge 1K naira everytime i use it. pls dont swipe it in grocery stores for low amounts like $5 or $10 becos u will still pay 1K naira. i withdraw all my money at once & deposit it in my wells fargo account & use my US debit card for shopping. use webtradamus method of withdrawing money at walmart with cash back. Thats what ive been doing becos public atms charge $2 or sometimes $4 plus the 1k from gtb.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mamacita007:

i've been withdrawing money with my gtb naira account without problems except that they charge 1K naira everytime i use it. pls dont swipe it in grocery stores for low amounts like $5 or $10 becos u will still pay 1K naira. i withdraw all my money at once & deposit it in my wells fargo account & use my US debit card for shopping. use webtradamus method of withdrawing money at walmart with cash back. Thats what ive been doing becos public atms charge $2 or sometimes $4 plus the 1k from gtb.
GT bank no longer charge #1000 for more than 2 months now. They charge #420 check your account statement and secondly, when you swap your card in supermarkets, GT bank do not charge fees.
Please stop spreading wrong information

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Mamacita007(f): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
fados4sure: Please stop spreading wrong information

how am i spreading wrong information? becos i told one person how to withdraw money through walmart cashback without withdrawal fees. u came to my thread to misinform spambot to withdraw money from any atm without telling him they charge withdrawal fees. fine i didnt know gtb has reduced their fees but his question is about withdrawal not swiping at grocery stores

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by Spambot: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thank you both for your replies.
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Just in case anyone is still looking for a cost-effective (or should I say cost-free grin) way of transferring money from their GTB account to their US bank account, simply go to any Walmart and purchase a money order in your name using your GTB Naira Mastercard. You can then pay in the money order to your US bank account. You do not incur any charges from GTB (since it is a POS transaction) and the money order only costs $0.70 (70 cents). If you ask me I'd say this is the cheapest and fastest way to transfer funds to the US from Naija. However, maximum you can go on a single money order is $1000 so if you wanted to transfer say $5000, you would have to purchase 5 money orders (total cost will be $3.50). Imagine how much savings you would be making when compared to doing a wire transfer! Plus you get your money instantly!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by jdxxx: 5:36am On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks a lot. Ur post was very helpful. I tried ur suggestion.I bought money order for $4k with my Gtb mastercard usin POS machine at Walmart. 70cents per $1k.then cashed d money order to my US bank account.I wasn't charged anythin extra.
This was way cheaper for me,becos Gtb charges $10 for ATM withdrawal using Gtb mastercard and also the local bank ATM machine charges additional $3 for services,making $13 for a maximum withdrawal of $600. Terrible.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by webstradamus: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2013
jdxxx: Thanks a lot. Ur post was very helpful. I tried ur suggestion.I bought money order for $4k with my Gtb mastercard usin POS machine at Walmart. 70cents per $1k.then cashed d money order to my US bank account.I wasn't charged anythin extra.
This was way cheaper for me,becos Gtb charges $10 for ATM withdrawal using Gtb mastercard and also the local bank ATM machine charges additional $3 for services,making $13 for a maximum withdrawal of $600. Terrible.

Glad you found it helpful wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by reucom: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is fantastic info....Cheers
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by reucom: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
How long will it take for the money order to clear into the bank account?
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by jdxxx: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Money reflected the following day after I deposited d money order.

2 Likes

Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by mavinc4u(f): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2013
reucom: This is fantastic info....Cheers
please can i use that method to transfer from nigeria to us
Re: Withdraw Money From GTB Mastercard In US? by fittty(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2013
mavinc4u:
please can i use that method to transfer from nigeria to us
You CANNOT make a TRANSFER. What you can do is purchase MoneyOrder at any WalMart or other retails stores with your GTB card, then you deposit the MoneyOrder into your US bank account. The maximum is $1,000 per transaction/Order, but you can make as many orders as possible but each costs 65Cents.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Shares Throwback On Molue / Travel to Brazil by boat from Cape Verde. / Man Arrested For Trying To Board A Plane With 27 Snakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.