Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (58525 Views)

VISA Denial 21 July 2015. / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Sweetdbest: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Your coming back to re-apply within 5 months of your first denial alone is enough to deny you visa because you have given yourself out as been desperate. In your first application you made, you stated that you went with your family and later within 5 months, you came back alone to re-apply. Most visa consular are all trained psychologists.

Any singular mistake you make maybe from the visa form you filled out and the questions been asked, is enough for you to be denied visa. It's not how smart you answered your questions hat matters, maybe the way you presented yourself. When you are been asked questions, they look straight to your eyes to get answers and to know if you are telling the truth or not. At that [point also, look straight to the own eyes and answer the questions straight.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by babyfaiz: 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sweetdbest: Your coming back to re-apply within 5 months of your first denial alone is enough to deny you visa because you have given yourself out as been desperate. In your first application you made, you stated that you went with your family and later within 5 months, you came back alone to re-apply. Most visa consular are all trained psychologists.

Any singular mistake you make maybe from the visa form you filled out and the questions been asked, is enough for you to be denied visa. It's not how smart you answered your questions hat matters, maybe the way you presented yourself. When you are been asked questions, they look straight to your eyes to get answers and to know if you are telling the truth or not. At that [point also, look straight to the own eyes and answer the questions straight.

i did all that buddie, I made some research. I looked straight into his eyes. I saw other people too and I borrowed a leaf from the successful ones. The thing is just that I might have made some mistakes but I am thinking what about the woman before me.. a school principal who said she is going on holiday and the consular asked jokingly... holiday, holiday, holiday and she humored him by saying a teacher needs to go on holidays when the kids are on holidays. To me she had a good interview but when the same consular rejected her. She was shocked and kept asking him what the problem was so she can address it next time since the consular said she is free to apply again. This dude (the consular) should be in his 50's. I guess he was the bad guy for that day, i guess the other guys in there 20's were lenient

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Suks: 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
i got my own VISA to the US without bin asked any serious question at all oo, the interviewer saw a picture of my wife and said she looked beautiful....dats was all

i was just beaming with a wide grin and said thank u

he gave me that white sheet with the collection center address and asked me to pick my passport

i was freaking scared but kept my calm, oluwa was involved!!

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by ogb5(m): 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
Suks: i got my own VISA to the US without bin asked any serious question at all oo, the interviewer saw a picture of my wife and said she looked beautiful....dats was all

he gave me that white sheet with the collection center address and asked me to pick my passport

The interviewer knew you will have to come back to your beautiful wife. As long as you were not travelling with her.

14 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by jenti12(m): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Bro, let me share mine with you.. first attempt I got it and went to US. Second attempt, I removed my salary details and the man denied me...conclusion: Your DS 160 is where the problem is

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by babyfaiz: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
bLacK GoLd: You sound like someone who's trying to prove a point....better put, you sound PROUD

i know to some confidence means arrogance. while you can deduce that about from my post, i will tell you that i am not arrogant. i just feel that this consular were just making a mockery of many nigerians and I wasn't pleased. I guess I was trying to prove a point and may have appear to him or you as arrogant.

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by andyanders: 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
babyfaiz:

i did all that buddie, I made some research. I looked straight into his eyes. I saw other people too and I borrowed a leaf from the successful ones. The thing is just that I might have made some mistakes but I am thinking what about the woman before me.. a school principal who said she is going on holiday and the consular asked jokingly... holiday, holiday, holiday and she humored him by saying a teacher needs to go on holidays when the kids are on holidays. To me she had a good interview but when the same consular rejected her. She was shocked and kept asking him what the problem was so she can address it next time since the consular said she is free to apply again. This dude (the consular) should be in his 50's. I guess he was the bad guy for that day, i guess the other guys in there 20's were lenient

Anyway, when most of them wake up on the other side of their bed, they will keep denying any visa applicant.
In fact, the day I got my visa, though student visa, there was a young lady we met at the American Embassy and when we were collecting number, the lady that gave her number 59, told her, that's a lucky number. She could not understand what the woman was saying until when she was called for her interview. The same woman that issued her that number was the one that called her on her desk. When she got there, the woman told her, Lucky lady, I am giving you visa and no interview, she now asked the lady, if she knew why she is giving her visa, she answered her 'No" She now told her that her mother turned 59 yrs that day and that she told herself that anyone she issues the Number 59 must be a Lucky lady because that's her mother's birthday.

She told me that she has been to the embassy 5 times and was denied visa in all b4 that D day

20 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by touchmeder: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
babyfaiz: .

i know to some confidence means arrogance. while you can deduce that about from my post, i will tell you that i am not arrogant. i just feel that this consular were just making a mockery of many nigerians and I wasn't pleased. I guess I was trying to prove a point and may have appear to him or you as arrogant.

Since its tourism have you thought of travelling somewhere else? So much hype about the States but alot of nice places too even cheaper. Even in that Africa there. Ever heard of Seychelles lipsrsealed Oooops dont shoot me just a suggestion smiley
After a while (after say 6months to a year) you can try the States again if you so desire undecided

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
kulboy: [b]I also had a similar experience. Few weeks back I went for the interview with my mum, sister and brother after all protocols it was my turn to be interviewed. I walked up to the consular officer exchanged greetings the following questions ensued consular:where are you going to in the us? me: Houston Texas, consular: for what purpose? me: holidaying, consular: what is your occupation? me: I am a ---level Electrical and electronics engineering student in ......university, consular: where are you going to stay in the us? me: to stay with my family friends, consular: who are your family friends me: bla bla and family, consular: what does bla bla do? me: works with so so and owns so so business, consular: how long are you planning on staying in the us? me: just tow weeks, consular: how did ur family friend get to the us? Me: ummm(stutter-because I never envisioned them asking me such an unfair question) he's a resident there. He paused looked at me and typed in d computer before him gave me back my passort didn't collect any document from me and said sorry you are not eligible for a visa at this time and gave me a paper that he said explains why.I was diasspointed because my mum and my sister where granted leaving only me and my brother and we all applied as a family.,,,I don't understand the reason for my denial as this is the first time I have ever been denied a visa. Experienced narialanders please what do you suggest I do? The location of the interview was in lagos.[/b]
The simple reason why you were denied is go check how the person that is suppose to be your Host got into US and claimed residency.Perhaps they dont want you to trick them in same way.They believe you will abscond just as that person absconded perhaps many years back.So next time look for someone that gained residency based on green card before Naturalisation.But if the person went as a tourist and later did Adjustment of status then it might not be easy for you unless he is filing for immediate relative.Do not let anybody deceive you.Your folks were given perhaps it did'nt cross the mind of the consular officer until it got to your turn

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
[b]Mr OP Papilo has said it all.Never you choose New York as a holiday destination.That place is not among holiday destination in the US.Prefarably choose Miami in Florida and make sure you do a proper research on the place you are to visit because they will likely ask you what is fascinating about the place,You can also add another City you will like to visit.Make sure you master what you filled in your DS-160.If possible go retrieve the past one and study it properply and make correction to the new one you will fill.Also make sure you don't go there any soon for that will spark off despiration.Also there is alot of discrepancies in your earning and also spending.Next time make sure you fill enough money to be spent in the US.You gave out too much information about yourself without being asked.If i am a consular why should i issue a Visa to someone with a skill in which when he moves over to the US can use it to fend for himself?It does not sound well.I prefare you stick to you being an Engineer and since you wrote it in your DS-160 i dont see what brought about graphic designer.Its really un called for.Some will come and tell you the experience of others but its only who have gone there and succeeded that should be in a pole position to advice you.Wether you think you are confident or not when you enter into the embassy that will serve as a test to your confidence.I was issued mine in Abuja and i had no dime in my acct.Infact i didnt even have an acct and i was a jonser then.I was tired of the country after searching for job for 3 years after graduation and i decided to take my destiny into my own hands with the help of God's favor I was granted.The interviewer just asked me what are my going to do in the US,who is paying for my trip,How many days am i spending i simply told him 8 days,He asked me to tell him more about the event i was going for that was where the real test of confidence was.After listening to my explanation he now threw a question at me based on the abstract i gave to him in which i answered perfectly.He simply asked me do you have a kid i simply told him yes and he requested for the birth certificate in which i prompty gave to him.Just told congratulation for just being a father.I wish you safe journey to our great country.America is a beautiful place and you will enjoy it.That was it.Lastly for those saying there is nothing in America that you should try other places forget them.Most of them have been denied in the past so they tend to beef the place why some of them don't have hope of going there simply because of low self esteem or lack of confidence.My brother if you have travelled the world and you have not been to America you have not started.When you visit New York and some other cities you will understand me better.Can you imagine someone making mention of Holland.SMH,Na wa for nairalanders sef.Wish you good luck in your next attempt[/b]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by alfablondy: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
chingyjant: .The interviewer just asked me what are my going to do in the US,who is paying for my trip,How many days am i spending i simply told him 8 days,

The 8 days have not passed

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by andyanders: 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
chingyjant: [b]Mr OP Papilo has said it all.Never you choose New York as a holiday destination.That place is not among holiday destination in the US.Prefarably choose Miami in Florida and make sure you do a proper research on the place you are to visit because they will likely ask you what is fascinating about the place,You can also add another City you will like to visit.Make sure you master what you filled in your DS-160.If possible go retrieve the past one and study it properply and make correction to the new one you will fill.Also make sure you don't go there any soon for that will spark off despiration.Also there is alot of discrepancies in your earning and also spending.Next time make sure you fill enough money to be spent in the US.You gave out too much information about yourself without being asked.If i am a consular why should i issue a Visa to someone with a skill in which when he moves over to the US can use it to fend for himself?It does not sound well.I prefare you stick to you being an Engineer and since you wrote it in your DS-160 i dont see what brought about graphic designer.Its really un called for.Some will come and tell you the experience of others but its only who have gone there and succeeded that should be in a pole position to advice you.Wether you think you are confident or not when you enter into the embassy that will serve as a test to your confidence.I was issued mine in Abuja and i had no dime in my acct.Infact i didnt even have an acct and i was a jonser then.I was tired of the country after searching for job for 3 years after graduation and i decided to take my destiny into my own hands with the help of God's favor I was granted.The interviewer just asked me what are my going to do in the US,who is paying for my trip,How many days am i spending i simply told him 8 days,He asked me to tell him more about the event i was going for that was where the real test of confidence was.After listening to my explanation he now threw a question at me based on the abstract i gave to him in which i answered perfectly.He simply asked me do you have a kid i simply told him yes and he requested for the birth certificate in which i prompty gave to him.Just told congratulation for just being a father.I wish you safe journey to our great country.America is a beautiful place and you will enjoy it.That was it.Lastly for those saying there is nothing in America that you should try other places forget them.Most of them have been denied in the past so they tend to beef the place why some of them don't have hope of going there simply because of low self esteem or lack of confidence.My brother if you have travelled the world and you have not been to America you have not started.When you visit New York and some other cities you will understand me better.Can you imagine someone making mention of Holland.SMH,Na wa for nairalanders sef.Wish you good luck in your next attempt[/b]
You said the truth and the best advise to him. You just be yourself because when you start making simple mistakes and by telling lies and stuffs like that, they are not gonna give u visa. Just be simple and straight. You do not answer what you were not asked of.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by holluwai(m): 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Sorry but I want to know,on what document did the VO see a photo of your wife?
Thanks and congrats!

Suks: i got my own VISA to the US without bin asked any serious question at all oo, the interviewer saw a picture of my wife and said she looked beautiful....dats was all

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
[b]@ OP

I'm really sorry for your experience. Unfortunately, I will not be able to give you any cogent reason for your denial as I have also never been denied a Visa before, although non of my Visa applications were done in Nigeria.

My experience at the U.S embassy in Paris was a very pleasant experience. My family of 7 did apply together and had our interview at the same time. At the time of the interview, i had only ever been to France and the U.K before. The interview lasted barely a minute. The interviewer was first alarmed by the size of my family and actually exclaimed "Wow! What a large family you have there." he asked where our destination was in the U.S to which we answered New Yprk. he asked why New York, and we told him that since this was our first trip to the U.S, we thought it best to start with visiting the big apple. He asked what my father did for a living to which he answered and gave his annual income which was in excess of 30 million per annum. He also asked what we were doing in France which we also told him. He went on to ask all of us what we all did to which we answered. My siblings; 1. A university undergrad, 1 a high school student, my other two siblings who were still infants at the time weren't asked. My mum a barrister and I was a new engineering Grad working in France at the time. The Guy just smiled at us, said he like us and gave us all 4 years multiple entry H-1 visas (work visas). It was so simple and straight forward, I was actually shocked.

I intend to renew my visa next week for the first time in Lagos after over 6 years since it expired, I am a little jittery as I would hate for my visa to be downgraded or even denied.

I will advice that you give it some time (at least 1 year) before reapplying.

I wish you the best of luck in the future.[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by fili24: 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
@ OP
you were denied the US visa mainly because
- U don't have a stable job in Nigeria, you work as a freelance, u wait on contracts.
- U would be stranded in USA with a budget of 1 million naira. with ur family included, that's impossible (ticket, hotel, calls, taxi, feeding, shopping).
- U don't have any ties in 9ja anymore, cos u were going wit ur family. (This is very important)
- Seems more like, you're running out of 9ja grin undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by yuzedo: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
alfablondy:
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
Op let me give you one super advise. Any visa application that goes beyond postal method is just an unnecessary dehumanizing sh1t. Like others have said, there are countless countries to visit and i can assure you this is true. I went to the USA on four occasions and didn't have as much fun as i did in Brazil last month. Don't worry much.

But i tell ya eh, Nigerian passport is a very powerful jinx grin

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]@ OP

I'm really sorry for your experience. Unfortunately, I will not be able to give you any cogent reason for your denial as I have also never been denied a Visa before, although non of my Visa applications were done in Nigeria.

My experience at the U.S embassy in Paris was a very pleasant experience. My family of 7 did apply together and had our interview at the same time. At the time of the interview, i had only ever been to France and the U.K before. The interview lasted barely a minute. The interviewer was first alarmed by the size of my family and actually exclaimed "Wow! What a large family you have there." he asked where our destination was in the U.S to which we answered New Yprk. he asked why New York, and we told him that since this was our first trip to the U.S, we thought it best to start with visiting the big apple. He asked what my father did for a living to which he answered and gave his annual income which was in excess of 30 million per annum. He also asked what we were doing in France which we also told him. He went on to ask all of us what we all did to which we answered. My siblings; 1. A university undergrad, 1 a high school student, my other two siblings who were still infants at the time weren't asked. My mum a barrister and I was a new engineering Grad working in France at the time. The Guy just smiled at us, said he like us and gave us all 4 years multiple entry H-1 visas (work visas). It was so simple and straight forward, I was actually shocked.

I intend to renew my visa next week for the first time in Lagos after over 6 years since it expired, I am a little jittery as I would hate for my visa to be downgraded or even denied.

Now you have given away your identity on nairaland. You be Port-Harcourt boy o. One revelation, i probably had a fling with your sister but now she's married. i would not say more. No offence o because no need for angripa. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
mba emeka: Next time you re-apply go there with a white handkerchief with 2 drops of blood from a white broiler. Make sure you maintain eye contact with the consular during the interview and for every question he asks say 'Gbele'!. I can assure you...you'd be kicked out of there grin grin
u try but he needs to put two day old chicks in his pocket nd a pregnant virgin. Mosquito in his mouth..I tink dat should be all for now
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by kokoye(m): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
duplicate
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
alfablondy:
Are you a Learner?Me when be jonser then make i go Yankee go spend 8 days?You suppose use ya head na
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by ValNweze(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
[b]well..Mr poster, i can feel ur pains cos i have been denied 6times both in lagos and abuja before i eventually got through. Right now i have moved to the united states with my family.

Obviously ur 1st interview was a total shamble which u know..that when ur verbal responses re not in consonance with ur DS160 form which usually provides a frame work on which ur credibility is built, u re far from being granted visa. Now here's the thing...If u ask me, u would have allowed a period of one year to pass bye b4 re-applying in other not to show too much desperation. This guys re trained to read minds, and they will turn any applicant down on the basics of desperation regardless how prepared u think u re; though in some cases, some applicants reapply withing a few months and get through but that could b in 1 out of 10 cases. 2ndly, u made a huge mistake by not telling wat u earned monthly...even if u make 6million annually, pls divide it and ration out what ur monthly income would be in all and tell them and i'll tel you why. If u dont have a stable income..chances are that there that u would be tempted to abscond here in the united states where life is stable and a lot more comfortable. Now note this..Am sure they asked u whether u have a family or relative that live here in America, applicants that re invited by close family or relatives tend to get visa more than tourists because, at least u have som1 that is going to stand in for u in any case of fraud or any other suspicious behaviors that might emanate after u have found ur self in U.S soil. But if u must go as a tourist..ur financial reserve should be way over 15million to impress any consular.
Next time..dont go as a tourist if u cant meet up with the above mentioned requirements, u re very lucky u have visited many countries in the last 5yrs, in my own case..i had a virgin passport. But i was consistent with my answers at least for the 5th and 6th interviews. which not doing that was the major reason why i was turned down the whole time. I tel u, my last interview didnt even last up2 one min and the only document i presented was my invitation letter..thats all n i was asked to come pick my visa with my family within 6 working days.

NOTE..u must make sure u leave within the date u indicated u re leaving after u have gotten ur visa otherwise at the point of entry the immigration would send u back..they would ask u some of the questions the consular asked u and only where they re impressed that they would allow u enter the united states. I saw a lot of pple that were denied entry even after they have reached JFK airport.

i hope this few tips has been able to help. Best of luck next time.[/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
toothpaste:

Now you have given away your identity on nairaland. You be Port-Harcourt boy o. One revelation, i probably had a fling with your sister but now she's married. i would not say more. No offence o because no need for angripa. cool

I will definitely find you and stab you..... angry

So na you spoil my sister.... angry
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]@ OP

Big fat lie from the darkest place in the pit of hell.Where did they give you and your family H-1 visa(work visa) when your siblings are still infants and undergraduate?Also when it was'nt a company that was sending you all there.Bro please tell that to ignoramus on NL.You must'nt comment its not by force.We all come here to learn not to deceive and lie to others.Now we know you better.

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by free2ryhme: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
babyfaiz: I actually just joined nairaland so as to voice out my grievances or will i just say HUGE disappointment. This is my second time applying for US tourist visa within the space of 5 months. The first time I applied with my wife and daughter in the US embassy in Lagos. We were all denied without the consular checking any of our documents.

The reason for denial was quite understandable because I was very nervous after hearing all sorts about US visa interviews. I was almost stuttering at any question the consular put forward to me. On the other hand, my wife was very confident and she really spoke well (shame on me). Please note that I have never been denied visa before as this was my very first visa denial.

I have been to the UK several times, Dubai 3 times, have a schengen visa and I have also been to Turkey 3 times too. My answers in the first interview were not coherent at all. If I can figure out another reason for our denial besides my lack of confidence was that I told the consular that I am an electrical engr whereas I put graphics and interior design when i filled my ds160 form.

The reason is that I am actually an electrical engr and have worked as one in a renowned company, I stopped working as an electrical engineer and pursed another career in a passion of mine .. which is Graphics and interior design.

In my form, it was indicated there that I am graduate of electrical electronics and worked as an engineer for a year but I filled graphics and interior design as my primary occupation. I have been successful as an interior designer and I earn well too.

Now fast forward to my second interview which took place in Abuja, which i believe was more organized but not wot it in my opinion as there were a lot of visa denials and the interview didn't commence until after 3 hours of the scheduled time. Finally the die was cast after long hours of wait, listening to so many people faulter and few successful.

I was now gaining confidence when I found out that most applicant were fidgeting because they weren't confident in there english. Some couldn't even understand the consulars accent. It was really embarrassing watching them.

Now my turn and the interview went thus. where are u going to in the US.. I said Newyork city. Where in Newyork? Sumner place Brooklyn Newyork. Have u been denied before? Yes with my family. Why were u denied? I wouldn't know because the paper they gave me has a generic interpretation and does not address me as an individual? Why Newyork? Because thats like the Lagos of the US, its the commercial, fashion capital and i want to see some tourist attraction places in newyork, I will also take time to shop for my newborn. What do you do? I am a graphics and interior designer. I used to work as an Electrical engineer as I am graduate of elect engineering. How much do you earn monthly? I don't earn monthly because most of my works are contract based but I have been able to average 6 million naira annually in 4 years. how much is your trip going to cost you? I said one million naira because of my hotel acc, ticket and I am also taking time out to shop for my family and my new born. This time i was already broiling with confidence and he felt the sense that i was really prepared. He excused himself for one minute and at this time i was wondering maybe he wanted to ask someone something. I was just expecting him to ask me to present my documents but in his eyes I could see that he knew that I would have everything in place. So, he came back and said... sorry ur visa wont be granted, this paper will explain why. I was dazed, the other applicants were dazed too.

Immediately I came out they (other applicants) told me that they never saw my denial coming because I spoke really well and answered him confidently. I heard after me, he did not even give anybody. as all that came his way were denied.

I am now thinking what went wrong? I can't even place it so I am hoping someone who has experience can tell me what could have happened. is it whot it applying again because I am thinking of applying with my family again.

I also have a newborn. We are all well traveled to at least 4 countries except for the new born. The only relieve I have now is that I am as confident as ever because I believe those consulars can't even challenge me intellectually, they are just normal Americans who believe they are better than us, which is actually wrong.

I feel like I lost a battle to lesser person who couldn't rise to a challenge.

I am so vexed right now, that I am beginning to think..... will I ever visit the USA?

Is it a must to visit the US
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by leonshom(m): 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
I fink he said he's a tourist,he's nt goin on labour migration
Yomieluv: Too bad,everything is just God's grace.
ReApplying will smack of desperation. I will suggest you appeal for the refusal.
If Nigeria is good,I see no reason for our desperation to go abroad. My cousin was deied for just common ommission of info. Bro,I feel your pain.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
ValNweze: [b]well..Mr poster, i can feel ur pains cos i have been denied 6times both in lagos and abuja before i eventually got through. Right now i have moved to the united states with my family.

Obviously ur 1st interview was a total shamble which u know..that when ur verbal responses re not in consonance with ur DS160 form which usually provides a frame work on which ur credibility is built, u re far from being granted visa. Now here's the thing...If u ask me, u would have allowed a period of one year to pass bye b4 re-applying in other not to show too much desperation. This guys re trained to read minds, and they will turn any applicant down on the basics of desperation regardless how prepared u think u re; though in some cases, some applicants reapply withing a few months and get through but that could b in 1 out of 10 cases. 2ndly, u made a huge mistake by not telling wat u earned monthly...even if u make 6million annually, pls divide it and ration out what ur monthly income would be in all and tell them and i'll tel you why. If u dont have a stable income..chances are that there that u would be tempted to abscond here in the united states where life is stable and a lot more comfortable. Now note this..Am sure they asked u whether u have a family or relative that live here in America, applicants that re invited by close family or relatives tend to get visa more than tourists because, at least u have som1 that is going to stand in for u in any case of fraud or any other suspicious behaviors that might emanate after u have found ur self in U.S soil. But if u must go as a tourist..ur financial reserve should be way over 15million to impress any consular.
Next time..dont go as a tourist if u cant meet up with the above mentioned requirements, u re very lucky u have visited many countries in the last 5yrs, in my own case..i had a virgin passport. But i was consistent with my answers at least for the 5th and 6th interviews. which not doing that was the major reason why i was turned down the whole time. I tel u, my last interview didnt even last up2 one min and the only document i presented was my invitation letter..thats all n i was asked to come pick my visa with my family within 6 working days.

NOTE..u must make sure u leave within the date u indicated u re leaving after u have gotten ur visa otherwise at the point of entry the immigration would send u back..they would ask u some of the questions the consular asked u and only where they re impressed that they would allow u enter the united states. I saw a lot of pple that were denied entry even after they have reached JFK airport.

i hope this few tips has been able to help. Best of luck next time.[/b]
My brother you spoke well.I was almost turned back in Atlanta International Airport.Come see me and prayers that day.I was given a secondary inspection.When i got to arrival the beauty of the place made me confuse considering the fact that it was the first time i was leaving the country.The first immigration Officer i met asked me similar question they asked me at the embassy after answering it he told me it seems i memorised all that i just said he now called on another lady to take me to another room.Brother come see me i won piss for body.Two Immigration officers were placed to monitor me from afar.After many calls to those that invited me and the hotel i was to stay i was allowed in.America sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by leonshom(m): 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
Datz USA 4U, Dey dnt giv a f**k, even when u av all wot it takes, d consular culd stil decide on its own, despite d rules, though, he or she myt av a doubting mind on any application. If ur'e really attracted 2 d US, u can try nxt time, luk @where u fall, and try 2 make amendment. Best of luck nxt time !
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
What advice do you guys have for my Wife. I'm a USC and she speaks limited English.

She was denied a Fiancee visa last year but we have married since then and I have petitioned for her as a Spouse.

So what says yee.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by afrikanns: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Red-Light:
next time ... carry a big horn with red cloth ontop .. go to embassy ... swear for everyone of them, reach their gateman self angry angry then leave with ur pride intact cool cool then travel to a better city like amsterdam (aka the weed capital of the world) my favourite place grin grin

okaaayyyyyyyy no understand whom you are.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by funkybaby(f): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
@op

To be honest, you gave some rather daft answers.

You were asked "how much is your monthly salary", and you responded that you've earned "6 millionaire naira in 4 years"

Secondly, what sort of line is "I'm going to shop for my new born". Besides, why are you applying with your entire family?

That said, I think the US visa interview is over rated.

All you need is to be confident, maintain eye contact with the interviewer, remember all the info you filled on the form and be as honest as you can with your answers.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in telling the interviewer that your holiday destination is New York.... New York IS A POPULAR DESTINATION FOR TOURISTS!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident / Foam In Anthony Village Is As A Result Of Tanker Accident- LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.